NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Welcome @NickG1184, these are some big numbers! I've started doing grip this year, but experienced the very same: less and less "traditional" training, especially since I've started bending. Nice that you have such a grip community in Italy!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matek said:

Welcome @NickG1184, these are some big numbers! I've started doing grip this year, but experienced the very same: less and less "traditional" training, especially since I've started bending. Nice that you have such a grip community in Italy!

Thanks @matek, I agree with you, after approaching grip training, traditional has become boring and no long stimulating for me.

Yes, our community is growing a lot lately, in particular thanks to an online competition we are proposing from beginning of 2022, which at the moment involves over 20 challanges and over 30 partecipants from all over the world (including some giants of grip sport). We are very, very happy for this!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickG1184 said:

Thanks @matek, I agree with you, after approaching grip training, traditional has become boring and no long stimulating for me.

Yes, our community is growing a lot lately, in particular thanks to an online competition we are proposing from beginning of 2022, which at the moment involves over 20 challanges and over 30 partecipants from all over the world (including some giants of grip sport). We are very, very happy for this!

yeah grip is very addicting, at work I try to carry stuff or take stuff apart to challenge my grip. We where demoing a deck yesterday and I was carrying the  PT 4x4s posts  like they where a pinch block and walking them to the trash, same with 2x10s... Not that they are that heavy, but pressure treated stock can be heavy.  Same with rocks.... Or whatever hand tool is in my hand, i'm always levering it if i'm not working..  Its sorta like "greasing the groove"....  Nothing overly strenuous though..... thats for working out.  

• Like 2

Hello, my name is Hayden and I am 14 I started weightlifting and arm wrestling sometime at 13 years old and I was doing some research I found out about grip strength and I hope to get better that is why I am here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

yeah grip is very addicting, at work I try to carry stuff or take stuff apart to challenge my grip. We where demoing a deck yesterday and I was carrying the  PT 4x4s posts  like they where a pinch block and walking them to the trash, same with 2x10s... Not that they are that heavy, but pressure treated stock can be heavy.  Same with rocks.... Or whatever hand tool is in my hand, i'm always levering it if i'm not working..  Its sorta like "greasing the groove"....  Nothing overly strenuous though..... thats for working out.  

Yeah this is what I mean for grip enthusiast! Every opportunity is good to improve our grip and test it. I also think that being a blacksmith is a dream job for a grip sport fanatics, because you have always opportunity to make this this kind of training for resistance and density, the best for tendons and connective tissue enhancement!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NickG1184 said:

Yeah this is what I mean for grip enthusiast! Every opportunity is good to improve our grip and test it. I also think that being a blacksmith is a dream job for a grip sport fanatics, because you have always opportunity to make this this kind of training for resistance and density, the best for tendons and connective tissue enhancement!

Yup, It’s only a hobby that I haven’t been able to do for over a year except for a knife class last fall. But I’m about ready to leave my family business and start a welding company. Nothing personal, we just all have different directions we want to go. 

My friend/mentor retired two years ago and there is a need for a very good welder like him in my area. 

Hi,

My name is Simon and I'm from Austria. I'm 37 years old.

I used to compete a little in powerlifting and strongman in my 20s.

Now I started with Grip Strength.

My Goals are to lift the Inch Dumbbell, to pinch two 45s and to close the COC#3.

So long 

• Like 6

Hello. My name is Hamad and I'm 30 years old from Kuwait. I weigh 72kg and stand 167cm TALL 😄 (around 5'6" 158lb.)

I've been a gym goer on and off for many years, played some martial arts (Kajukenbo and Boxing) and a variety of other sports (football mostly, nothing competitive.)

I just started taking my grip training seriously after having an interest in such a thing for many years. It's been a month into my training and I'm only able to close the CoC #1 so far. 

My current goal is closing the #2 by New Years. End goal is being able to close the #3 someday in the future. I joined this forum to be able to converse with other likeminded people and learn from the best as this sort of training isn't too common where I'm from (or maybe I just don't know the right people yet 🙃.) 

• Like 6

On 6/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, NickG1184 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm Nick G from Italy,  I'm 33 yo, 5'7'' tall for 165 lbs. I work as software developer and I literally went crazy for grip training!!!

I approached to grip training thanks to GripEBendItalia (GBI) 5 years ago, starting to integrate my workouts (nothing special, just some bench & deadlifts) with grip training.

In last few years I focused more and more on gripsport and bending, definitively abandoning traditional training (I just do some pull ups and ABS), putting grip training as main workout.

I love grippers, armlifting, and unbraced bending, but my greatest passion is pinch tranining, with 2 inch monolithic block and 3 inch hub.

I also love to compete in events that we organize in Italy, and in online contests, where I have the opportunity to challenge myself with real giants of this sport (and since I am a quite small guy with very small hands, the challenge is even more stimulating)

Below PR achived in these years:

GRIPPERS

Very difficult for me a CCS due to small hands:

RGC 135 lbs parallel set close (for reps)

RGC 156 lbs deep set close

RGC 190 lbs hold 20 seconds with 2.5 kg

BENDING

Some years ago I was stronger in DO bending, now I bend quite rarely, but in past I achived:

3/8 x 7 CRS bent in DO double leather wraps (almost 10 minutes of pain)

Varius lenght 5/16 bent in DO single leather pads (including different IM Red Nail)

GRIPSPORT LIFTS

In last year I mainly focused on lifts, at the expense of grippers and bending:

155 lbs in 2.5 inches Rolling Handle (very difficult for me, due to short fingers)

220 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block with two hands

100 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block with one hand

90 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block passing hand to hand

240 lbs in 2 inches Vertical Bar

85 lbs in 3 inch HUB, 1 3/16 height (this is my favourite lift, I also lifted 93 lbs but with dirty technique, in any case in next months I'd like to try with IM HUB)

45 lbs in 3/16 inches Ok Lift (GBI tool similar to coin lift) with one hand tips pinch

I also appreciate card tearing, and I love so much to crush raw potatoes 😁 (I'm a huge fan of Tommy Heslep and Jack London's Wolf Larsen, from Sea Wolf novel)

Welcome @NickG1184!

On 6/16/2022 at 8:36 AM, HayHay232 said:

Hello, my name is Hayden and I am 14 I started weightlifting and arm wrestling sometime at 13 years old and I was doing some research I found out about grip strength and I hope to get better that is why I am here.

Welcome @HayHay232!

On 6/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, Itchyban said:

Hi,

My name is Simon and I'm from Austria. I'm 37 years old.

I used to compete a little in powerlifting and strongman in my 20s.

Now I started with Grip Strength.

My Goals are to lift the Inch Dumbbell, to pinch two 45s and to close the COC#3.

So long 

Welcome @Itchyban!

11 hours ago, Googles said:

Hello. My name is Hamad and I'm 30 years old from Kuwait. I weigh 72kg and stand 167cm TALL 😄 (around 5'6" 158lb.)

I've been a gym goer on and off for many years, played some martial arts (Kajukenbo and Boxing) and a variety of other sports (football mostly, nothing competitive.)

I just started taking my grip training seriously after having an interest in such a thing for many years. It's been a month into my training and I'm only able to close the CoC #1 so far. 

My current goal is closing the #2 by New Years. End goal is being able to close the #3 someday in the future. I joined this forum to be able to converse with other likeminded people and learn from the best as this sort of training isn't too common where I'm from (or maybe I just don't know the right people yet 🙃.) 

Welcome @Googles!

• Like 1

Hey lads I am Adriaan @26, I am 6 feet tall/ 183 and weigh 248lbs/110kg.

This might interest other maybe but my ethnicity is Russian/Romanian and I live in Sweden.

My goals are alike many if yours on this forum and that’s getting “Godly” hand strength💪🏽

My reasoning for being a part of Gripboard is to share ideas, theories, help others to the best of my ability and last but not least learn from the more experienced people that are willing to share😄

Main goals:

Control the CoC #3

(I have no-set closed CoC #3, but not on any given day).

Build insane wrist strength

Build my 37cm forearms to 40+cm.

Hope this gives you a rough idea about who and what I am, thanks for this opportunity✊🏼

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
Typo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my name is Gray Mahaffey I got into grip training sometime my freshman year of HS mostly Hand Gripers and bicep workouts in which I make the grip portion harder. Fell off of hitting the hand Gripers for a bit and am getting back into it.The reason I got into grip training is because it was a problem for me during workouts and it frustrated me so I addressed the problem worked pretty well and haven’t stopped. But now I am looking to close some heavier Gripers going into my senior year and learn anything I can.

All of my Hand Griper training so far has been with COC Gripers, looking to add some variety to my training with different Gripers. Any advice on training or reviews of Gripers is much appreciated. 👍🏼

Goal: hoping to close my COC #1.5 soon then order and eventual close a COC #2 or even some other brands Gripers that are around that strength.

Big Cannon Powerworks fan 😤

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Grip_Trojan said:

Hey, my name is Gray Mahaffey I got into grip training sometime my freshman year of HS mostly Hand Gripers and bicep workouts in which I make the grip portion harder. Fell off of hitting the hand Gripers for a bit and am getting back into it.The reason I got into grip training is because it was a problem for me during workouts and it frustrated me so I addressed the problem worked pretty well and haven’t stopped. But now I am looking to close some heavier Gripers going into my senior year and learn anything I can.

All of my Hand Griper training so far has been with COC Gripers, looking to add some variety to my training with different Gripers. Any advice on training or reviews of Gripers is much appreciated. 👍🏼

Goal: hoping to close my COC #1.5 soon then order and eventual close a COC #2 or even some other brands Gripers that are around that strength.

Welcome and good on you for realizing how important grip is at such a young age... There is incredible amount of knowledge on here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Welcome and good on you for realizing how important grip is at such a young age... There is incredible amount of knowledge on here. 

Thanks, can’t wait to learn new things.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:03 AM, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Hey lads I am Adriaan @26, I am 6 feet tall/ 183 and weigh 248lbs/110kg.

This might interest other maybe but my ethnicity is Russian/Romanian and I live in Sweden.

My goals are alike many if yours on this forum and that’s getting “Godly” hand strength💪🏽

My reasoning for being a part of Gripboard is to share ideas, theories, help others to the best of my ability and last but not least learn from the more experienced people that are willing to share😄

Main goals:

Control the CoC #3

(I have no-set closed CoC #3, but not on any given day).

Build insane wrist strength

Build my 37cm forearms to 40+cm.

Hope this gives you a rough idea about who and what I am, thanks for this opportunity✊🏼

@AdriaanRobert96 Welcome!

7 hours ago, Grip_Trojan said:

@Grip_Trojan Welcome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Gray welcome to the GripBoard. 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:46 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

yeah grip is very addicting, at work I try to carry stuff or take stuff apart to challenge my grip

I don't have a job where I can do that (I am an appeals lawyer and just type a lot lol), but I do this at stores - sometimes there is an item that is perfect for pinch work, like say a 15-can pack of beer, perfect for long pinch holds walking around the store and people sometimes look a little like, oh, look at that.  Or sometimes a small furniture item that you have to assemble comes in a box perfect for a short wide pinch hold  near max, like to put it on the register or into the car.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I don't have a job where I can do that (I am an appeals lawyer and just type a lot lol), but I do this at stores - sometimes there is an item that is perfect for pinch work, like say a 15-can pack of beer, perfect for long pinch holds walking around the store and people sometimes look a little like, oh, look at that.  Or sometimes a small furniture item that you have to assemble comes in a box perfect for a short wide pinch hold  near max, like to put it on the register or into the car.

When I was little and went to Costco with my parents, id always grab the 5lbs can of coffees open handed (or tried to when my hands where to small)... I've always tried to grab stuff in weird ways long before i knew of this sport. 

I really think, little things like that, or parking far away add up and make a big difference. 

I'm also a fan of beer pinch holds... And drinking it too.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  My name is Russ Farver. I’m 6’ tall, 49 years old and just started training grip again after an 11 year hiatus.

A few people here might remember me back when my user name was Malice. I had to create a new account since the old one was under a Hotmail email account I don’t use anymore. My old YouTube channel is called crazygusto which has vids including my mash monster certifications. I can’t access that either cuz it’s under the same hotmail account. 

Back then I certified Mash Monster 1 and 2. You can still see the threads in the mash monster certifications sub forums under the name Russ Farver. Unfortunately I’m no where near that strength level now but a couple weeks ago when I started playing with grippers again I was still able to (barely) close the 2.5 from a CCS righty. We won’t talk about lefty…lol. In the last couple weeks I’ve been training 3x a week using CCS only and am closing the 2.5 both hands and getting my 153# #3 down to just under parallel lefty and to about 1/2” righty. I haven’t started doing and pinch or thick bar stuff yet but am having fun with grippers for now. 

At some point over the last decade I lost my Mash Monster certs and no longer have my old computer so don’t have the pdf files so my goals are to recertify and hopefully go even higher this time. Also to get on the damn Ironmind #3 list finally. I should’ve done it back in 2012 when I was strong enough but I wanted to do it with both hands and do the red nail all at the same time. Then of course I injured my wrist at work and got out of grip training and never did any of that. So now here I am old, gray and weak and trying to climb back up the ladder. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Malice40 said:

Hey everyone!  My name is Russ Farver. I’m 6’ tall, 49 years old and just started training grip again after an 11 year hiatus.

A few people here might remember me back when my user name was Malice. I had to create a new account since the old one was under a Hotmail email account I don’t use anymore. My old YouTube channel is called crazygusto which has vids including my mash monster certifications. I can’t access that either cuz it’s under the same hotmail account. 

Back then I certified Mash Monster 1 and 2. You can still see the threads in the mash monster certifications sub forums under the name Russ Farver. Unfortunately I’m no where near that strength level now but a couple weeks ago when I started playing with grippers again I was still able to (barely) close the 2.5 from a CCS righty. We won’t talk about lefty…lol. In the last couple weeks I’ve been training 3x a week using CCS only and am closing the 2.5 both hands and getting my 153# #3 down to just under parallel lefty and to about 1/2” righty. I haven’t started doing and pinch or thick bar stuff yet but am having fun with grippers for now. 

At some point over the last decade I lost my Mash Monster certs and no longer have my old computer so don’t have the pdf files so my goals are to recertify and hopefully go even higher this time. Also to get on the damn Ironmind #3 list finally. I should’ve done it back in 2012 when I was strong enough but I wanted to do it with both hands and do the red nail all at the same time. Then of course I injured my wrist at work and got out of grip training and never did any of that. So now here I am old, gray and weak and trying to climb back up the ladder. 

Welcome back! I had a similar situation. My account was originally a AOL e mail then after years of being inactive I made a new account. But then I messaged @Wannagrip and he fixed it for me. Maybe he can do the same for you. 

also, good luck with the Red cert, they changed the rules. There's a nice long thread about it in the bending forum. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stranger said:

Welcome back! I had a similar situation. My account was originally a AOL e mail then after years of being inactive I made a new account. But then I messaged @Wannagrip and he fixed it for me. Maybe he can do the same for you. 

also, good luck with the Red cert, they changed the rules. There's a nice long thread about it in the bending forum. 

Thanks for the advice!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malice40 said:

Thanks for the advice!  

I can fix it. Email me at editor@ Cyberpump.com

• Thanks 2

On 7/30/2022 at 12:43 AM, Wannagrip said:

I can fix it. Email me at editor@ Cyberpump.com

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Official first post after I first signed up in Nov 2004!!!  

47, originally from NY.Longtime (25 years) trainee under Dr. Ken Leistner, former powerlifter at Iron Island and overall strength & grip fan.

Live in NC now. Met up w/great guys here and entering first grip contests in fall.

Edited by Vinny F
  • Like 4

Welcome and welcome back

• Thanks 1