Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Okok :( tendinitis, golfer elbow?

I recover slower than a turtle walks when doing grippertraining but this program is built in a great way, even tho Im tired from all the freaking volume I still manage to ass-smash the grippers closed.

I thought that I'd burn out but Im done with phase 1 tomorrow and Im stronger than ever :)

I suggest you try it when you're healed up mate! :)

If you have tennis or golfers elbow, grab a broom, a light sledge or like a steel pipe with a small weight attached to the end of it and supinate/pronate rotate the hand, side to side while having the arm straight out in front of you, like when you lever a sledge vs your forehead.

I've had both golfers and tennis elbow more than once and it always goes away with this technique.

I suggested it to Juha Harju and it worked for him aswell.

Super high rep extension work with a rubberband helps to get blood flowing in the elbow too.

Edited by NewGrippster

Okok :( tendinitis, golfer elbow?

I recover slower than a turtle walks when doing grippertraining but this program is built in a great way, even tho Im tired from all the freaking volume I still manage to ass-smash the grippers closed.

I thought that I'd burn out but Im done with phase 1 tomorrow and Im stronger than ever :)

I suggest you try it when you're healed up mate! :)

If you have tennis or golfers elbow, grab a broom, a light sledge or like a steel pipe with a small weight attached to the end of it and supinate/pronate rotate the hand, side to side while having the arm straight out in front of you, like when you lever a sledge vs your forehead.

I've had both golfers and tennis elbow more than once and it always goes away with this technique.

I suggested it to Juha Harju and it worked for him aswell.

Super high rep extension work with a rubberband helps to get blood flowing in the elbow too.

Something went wrong while replying here. Anyway, thanks man for the tips! Been doing them also for a while, but didn't do them last week, to be honest,

but I am definitely throwing them in again this week, both rubberband extensions and levers with dumbbell loaded on one side. also been doing wristroller last week with the focus on the extensors. It is a very irritating injury however which I got from thickbarwork.

• Like 1

Yesterday technique work on DL, sets ending with doubles with 364 lbs.

Today few sets with easy #3 and Vulcan. Cramming a few more grippersessions in this week, Sunday the last one.

This week some more workload and volume should maybe give a little boost.

after that one week rest and a fresh start again with dropsets.

No griptraining lefty, besides recovery exc.

Edited by Geralt

Did a bit of volume this week and had my last very short session today. Managed just a few moderate closes and did repwork with lighter grippers.

This week resting up till saturday. Maybe around that time my new 174 lbs Ghp8 will be here. Did some CCS's with my lighter #3 in the beginning of this week.

Nothing really special to report.Going to focus on hopefully some bigger closes coming period to get a bit more overcrush on the heavy #3 CCS's.

• Like 1

Sweating like a pig today, 34 degrees (about 93 Fahrenheit) so a nice day for deadlifts :chris:

DL's are going well, doing them once per week, cycling up and down with lighter weights for speedreps and ofcourse

some heavier lifting although not maxing out for doubles. Got some better technique in and that works. Also starting warmupwork

now from a deficit. First goal on the DL's (all DO ofcourse) is 440 lbs (200kg).

Ended today with 374 lbs (170kg) for doubles. Next week lighter work for speed, and so on. Hope to put on every heavy session 5 kg / 11 lbs, that would be just before my vacation (and off weeks) 180 kg for doubles, which would please me very much.

Assisting work: Chinups, dumbbellrows and abs. My left arm is tightly braced and is holding on well with these excersices. Started tweaking

my recovery exc for the left arm and hope that works. Should give that a few weeks. Wednesday bench and triceps, saturday grip.

Narrow benching, tricep extensions and dips @bw.

5 x 1 minute jumprope, killing! Need to work on the cardio thingy....

Got my Ghp8 in the mail today! It was rated by Matt Cannon @174 lbs. Sounds like a good goal gripper!

trying it out Saturday.

Tried out my new flip cam today for filming grippercloses and it works much better.

Had a good workingsession. Left arm is still giving problems, although I am working on it with rehabexc. I should give this a week or 4 at least

to see whether that works or not.

Dropsets with squats, after warming up:

Working

Ghp8 @176 lbs, 3 x 1 single attempts; This gripper is hard, although doable for me at this point, so it is a spot on working gripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_gMZpTg3zc

BBE @169 lbs, 1 x 1 attempt, almost closed, the Ghp8 cost me to much strength;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAFHXdxmBw

MM2 @ app. 163 lbs 1 x 1 20mm blockset, closed;

Some work with IM#3 and blocksets, but strength quickly depleted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsGZadFQw8

Some after work / rehab / etc.

• Like 1

Oh, forgot to mention I tried some rolling handle after this as a finisher. I had my RB 3" rolling handle (76mm) lying there for a few months now and decided that this could benefit my right hand, since thickbar is out of the question for a while because of my left arm.

anyway, killer for the arms. Managed 50 kg / 110 lbs after my gripperworkout. Beast of a handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpEjPJ2kI0

Edited by Geralt

Got my Ghp8 in the mail today! It was rated by Matt Cannon @174 lbs. Sounds like a good goal gripper!

trying it out Saturday.

I weigh 100kg around there and I maxed out in dips the other day; did like 10@bw, 6 with +15kg, 3 with 25+kg, 2 with 35+kg, 1 with 45 and 50 kg, then 9 almost 10 with +20kg.

thats where Im at now. You are strong when it comes to dips ye?

All reps well below paralell.

trying it out Saturday.

I weigh 100kg around there and I maxed out in dips the other day; did like 10@bw, 6 with +15kg, 3 with 25+kg, 2 with 35+kg, 1 with 45 and 50 kg, then 9 almost 10 with +20kg.

thats where Im at now. You are strong when it comes to dips ye?

All reps well below paralell.

Hard to say, since I don't want to crack the handles of my home setup dipping handles. With dips I always go all the way down, maybe a bit to low for the shoulders, but definitely below parallel. I am around 106 kg at this moment. 50 kg is a lot of weight extra, so strong! Never tried in a gym or at home, because I use dips as finishers. I am careful with my shoulders but I'll give it a try soon and let you know. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Oh, forgot to mention I tried some rolling handle after this as a finisher. I had my RB 3" rolling handle (76mm) lying there for a few months now and decided that this could benefit my right hand, since thickbar is out of the question for a while because of my left arm.

anyway, killer for the arms. Managed 50 kg / 110 lbs after my gripperworkout. Beast of a handle.

Is it bigger than an IM RT?

Dips are one of my fav exercises or has become latly. Awsome :)

I hope you are stroger than me so I can chase you ;)

Is it bigger than an IM RT?

Dips are one of my fav exercises or has become latly. Awsome :)

I hope you are stroger than me so I can chase you ;)

The RT is 2 3/8 inch which is 6,03 cm = 60 mm. The handle I have is 3 inch / 7.6 cm / 76 mm. I think it's quite difference, although I don't have any

reference if that is a BIG gap. I would think so. The crushed to dust challenge from IM is 200 lbs with the RT and I can't imagine myself doing that

weight with this handle!

• Like 1

Sick hahaha no midget will get his hand around that peice any time soon ;)

• Like 1

It's indeed also a matter of handsize yes. Oh and we're on a dipchallenge? Accepted! hahaha I'll skip next benchsession and try this

if I feel froggy. Why not.

Edited by Geralt

Really great work lately Geralt. Keep it up and don't stop until you are on the COC #3 list. Now is the time to keep the peddle to the metal.

It's indeed also a matter of handsize yes. Oh and we're on a dipchallenge? Accepted! hahaha I'll skip next benchsession and try this

if I feel froggy. Why not.

Its on :) if we're not in the same league, maybe first to add 10-15kg to our max? :)

I always benchpress before dipping also.

After shoulders I do pushdowns or scullcrushers etc. :) 2 different days of the week.

Busy day at home with work and going back and forth. Late dinner and a lot of energy was gone.

After a few hot nights (in the temperature kind of way ;) for the smart asses around us) my body is getting a bit tired.

Kept deadlifts low in volume and weight at 150kg for reps. Chinups 5 x 5 @bw and light armwork.

Still a few busy days to come and then finally working towards vacation.

Edited by Geralt

Had some bloody hot days over here and had some pretty short nights because of the heat inside.

Did griptraining today but wasn't feeling well so I ditched the squats.

Some CCS attempt on my Ghp7 @155 lbs, all very very very close, but not close enough. The Ghp has a sick sweep, harder than my three IM#3's.

A few sets of reps with my #3 @ 149 lbs. And assistance after that. Nothing special. I had some very good progression the last weeks though.

It's just a wave that comes and goes. Next week only focus on heavy MMS work. In about 2 weeks I'll be on a nice vacation so I am going to enjoy that very much. After that we'll see and I will start all over with the dropsets.

Couldn't edit anymore, above sounds a bit short but in between I did a shitload of singles and holds with choked BBE, MMS sets with all of my #3's and so on.

Just wasn't in the mood for filming and a big write up.

Did a nice short grippersession since I just felt good for doing grippers. Didn't go balls out and went for quality closes.

After warmup TNS with IM#1 and IM#2:

IM#3 : 1 x 2, 20mm blockset closes;

2 x 3, 20mm blockset closes, last set the third was missed by a fraction so I gave myself this one for the effort :sorcerer:

Vulcan Gold spring: level 13 1 x 1 CCS, closed, but juuuuust.....

level 12 1 x 1 CCS, same. Hand got a little fatigued with the big set and the different set, the Vulcan is a strange

beast to use after you haven't used it in a while.
IM#2 (filed) 1 x 3, 30 mm block set focus on speed.

That's it. Did light squats in between and abs.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Good session this morning, nothing fancy put putting in the workload and not maxing out completely.

This was my second relatively heavy session this week and I have still a nice base to work with. So that's a sign of more significantly grown

base strength. Now again a week rest. My goal is now to get familiar with the CCS and build a consistent closing strenght for grippers around 155 lbs.

I work on making the workload higher as in + 160 lbs grippers MMS, the other time I work on getting the CCS more tuned in on slightly lighter grippers but with the same spread as my IM#3.

After warmup (all closed unless stated otherwise):

Light IM#3 1 x 1 MMS;

Medium IM#3 1 x 1 MMS;

Ghp7 1 x 1 fairly wider than MMS;

MM2 replica 3 x 1 MMS;

Ghp7 1 x 1 20 mm block set;

Light IM#3 2 x 1 MMS;

IM#2.5 (filed) 10 x 1 CCS, all closed, when missed it would be closed when the handle wasn't shaved. This gripper has the same spread as my IM#3's so this one is perfect for tuning the CCS in and not worrying to much on whether or not getting the close fully hauled in.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Yesterday a light overall body training in the precinct, this morning chores around the house and in between done some gripperwork. Tomorrow vacation but I think I'll take my grippers with me. Two weeks of relaxing at the sea, not to much physical stuff to be done so that should work well for recovery. Didn't take it to the max but everything went smooth and easy with grippers this morning so that's good.

After warming up and in between chores:

IM#3 MMS 1 x 1;

Ghp7 MMS 1 x 1;

IM#3 MMS 2 x 3;

IM#2.5 (filed) CCS 8 x 1;

IM#2 (filed) lots of sets x 5 reps CCS.

I am going to work at getting my MM2 replica which should be around 163 lbs as a working gripper for reps.

I listened to Andrew Durniat on Gripstrengthradio who had some nice viewing in terms of training. I liked it a lot so I am going to incorporate that into my dropset work. I am not going to max out so often (as in every week) and focus on repwork with medium heavy grippers and try to PR in terms of reps. That in short. Anyway, off for vacation!

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Yesterday quick training on vacation, between playing kids and somewhere behind my caravan to not let people think I'm some kind of weirdo.

Yes an addict needs to find some secret sweet spots in which he can fulfill his dirty needs. :)

After warmup:

IM#3 CCS (unrated but 'hard' as I estimate it) 1 x miss, 1 x very small gap 1 x very small gap;

MM2 replica (around 163 lbs) 2 sets of 2 minireps, but then the gripper got the best of me second set;

IM#3 (149 lbs) 1 x 3 MMS reps;

IM#2.5 (filed) 3 x 5 wider than MMS reps;

2 x 1 dropset of filed IM#2 TNS, followed by filed IM#1 reps TNS. hands were pretty much toast and I had trouble closing my #1 after this.

CCS attempts quickly drown my strength. After vacation I will focus on the foreamentioned MM2 rep work and work on PR-íng on that.

Goal will be 4 clean MMS reps on my MM2 replica.

Went to the gym on the camping which, in fact, has quite nice Technogym machines. Good enough, together with my own pushupstands and ab-wheel to make for a good workout. After doing nothing for a week and a half, working out made me quite dizzy and wibbly so I just did to much at once. After some raisins and water which I brought with me I felt a bit better and finished the workout. Was finished!

BW pushups 4 x 10;

Ab-wheel rollout 3 x 5;

Leg press 4 x 10;

Chest-press 4 x 10;

Bicepcurlmachine 3 x 8;

Cardiowork.

Toast.