Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Did some light leverwork tonight and after a few sets I decided to try do levers with my wooden hammer. It's a pretty thick handle on this one,

I tried to weigh it and came out app. 5 kg / 11 lbs. Never did hammerlevering at this length, mostly holding it halfway and then twisting to all sides.

This something different indeed. I think I moved my arms a bit on the vid. Nothing special but thought it was fun to film an attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVEI-Rk4nk

Edited by Geralt

A good session grippers only with squats and some chest dumbbell presses.

Found some secondhand 10kg plates on the internet just a few blocks away from me for just a few quid.

Nice addition and better for my shoulders to do dumbbellpresses. That aside,

After warming up:

IM#3 MMS close;

Ghp7 1.5" block set, closed/not closed;

Ghp7 1.5" block set, closed and letting go immediately, my wife said the handles closed, but because I was turning my hand for filming the handles opened up. New instructions from my wife to let HER do the filming and not worrying about getting everything on cam :grin:

Ghp7 1.5" block set, closed, but held my hand a bit to high when setting it. It was a proper set however.

IM#3 deep set close and hold;

BBE deep set, missed and turned into negative, just for fun, trying not to do any negative work, but only closes;

IM#3 deep set, but opened up a bit, strength was starting to drain.

Ended with some filed IM#2.5 repwork.

Lefty is getting a small bit behind, but that's because I don't want to aggravate the tendinitis. It's getting better however. Right is ok, as long as I don't do heavy curls and stuff. No thickbar for a while.

Attempt #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43qbDMj7bAA

Attempt #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1QCQGUj0Y

• Like 1

Gym at the precinct.

Since I want to save my arms a bit for carrying weights around, mostly machine work.

Leg press;

Leg extensions;

Chin-ups;

Machine rows;

Light biceps for bloodflow;

decline bench abs with medicine ball.

This afternoon a little experiment with gripper. I am VERY excited for next saturday grippersession. There. Just said it.

I am pretty psyched up since a couple of weeks, since progress is coming up. Feels good but have to be careful not to overdo it.
Motivation. Important...
Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Dumbbellpresses, dips @bw and tricep extensions let my triceps give up this evening.

Light abs, leverwork and everyday bandextensions with rubberbands around the fingers to keep attacking the

tendinitis. It's going well. Don't feel pain while training btw so that's good.

Intensity is there, no the balls out, I need my focus and strength now next saturday. I am going to work with intensity now and quality. Every session.

The CCS#3 is going to fall soon. Fail? shit happens. I try again.

So freakin' close....not going to bother with the rest of the session. I am working hard once per week.

Going to keep doing that and focus on the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_SjmWpgAc&feature=youtu.be

Almost there. Tunnel vision time. Train hard and knock this out. Its mostly mental at this point.

• Like 1

So freakin' close....not going to bother with the rest of the session. I am working hard once per week.

You will get this, man your close...keep going Geralt

• Like 1

You will get this, man your close...keep going Geralt

Thnx for the nice comments guys. I ordered a 149 lbs IM#3 yesterday from Cannon. Going to train 2 sessions hard on MMS work and than going to

do a new attempt on this one. I should have it by then. I have a light #3 and 2 heavier #3's by than. When I can get my Ghp7 CCS I think I'm good to attack the cert. All in all enough work for now :)

Squats, haven't done them in a while, heavy that is, got a good max attempt @150kg;

Light bench to get into without destroying shoulders immediately;

Dips @ bw few sets;

Ab wheel.

Worked hard this session, learned that my topstrength is coming later on in training, so heavy attempt are moving to the end of my training. Strange but true.

Filmed a lot, but not much useful material because of wrong angle. my wife was at work and with a camera in static position, I just need my focus on the attempt and not @ the right angle. Respect for guys filming static and still working on max effort attempt. Need to work on that. Still posting some vids purely for training so not proving anything with the crappy vids.

After warmup with squats:

MM2 replica MMS x 1 closed; (filmed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI57XSGglr8

BBE @ 169 2 x 1, 1 closed, 1 yes/no, couldn't tell if they touched; (filmed but no close visible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07YwMwck38

Ghp7 @ 155 lbs 20mm block set 1 x 1 reps, second missed by a hair, made the set to wide for the block to pass;

Ghp7 x 2 timed holds (filmed second hold inside, crushed so hard I almost fainted for the first time, you see my hand was getting tired and the gripper just slipped when I tried to hold it at the end, looks really daft haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP366d6mghU

Vulcan level 15 1 x 4 minireps, felt easy! Good for practice of setting;

Vulcan level 15 1.5" block set, closed (sort of PR after all of this!)

Vulcan level 15 1 x 5 smaller than parallel, so still minireps, but what the hell? No so long ago struggling with this and now repping at the end of a workout?? beats me.

and some other fumbling around. Nice and painfree for now. :sorcerer:

Lefty is getting better after tendinitis, managed a level 14 close MMS vulcan, need to work my left hard, but taking it easy for now.

Edited by Geralt

It's getting hotter in the garage....no complaining though. Had to wait too long for the summer.

Started with DL's once per week. Only double overhand grip.

50kg 1 x 5

90kg 1 x 4

130kg 1 x 3

150kg 1 x 2

170kg 1 x 1

180kg 1 x 1 but it got ugly so I'm taking 170kg (375 lbs) as my 1rm.

Felt quite good and shows once more that I just overtrained before.

Chinups 4 x 5 @ bw (230 lbs @ 1.96 meter / 6 feet 5 11/64 inches )

Dumbbell rows, and light bicepwork.

Ab wheel rollouts and leg raises. ended with leverwork with dumbbell.

After wednesday's training with CCS sets, I wasn't on topstrength. I also don't want to do CCS attempt every session, so I focused a bit on just a few

heavy MMS and deep set attempt and endurance after that.

Besides grip, I did chest, triceps and abs.

Core workout grippers:

IM#3.5 1 x 1 Deep set, missed, but a small gap I can build a bridge with in a month or two I think;

BBE 1 x 1 MMS paused set, missed by a hair, assisted it shut and hold;

Ghp7 2 x 1 MMS paused set and tried to overcrush;

Vulcan level 15 MMS 1 x 1, but just.

Vulcan level 12 some repwork.

Ended with homemade Silver Bulletholds, made a few videos. I think they can help build some MMS set strength. Did dropsets:

IM#3.5, BBE, MM2 and IM#3.

Hands were wasted. Only filmed the MM2 and IM#3 holds because my battery was dead and I initially didn't plan on filming closes.

But I think these can help to motivate others and keep track of my own progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6t63l0qhec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apm5iyP09pY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObbWc1oCkPQ

Next griptraining next week friday or saturday at the earliest.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 2

Monday June 24th: Deadlifts and ass. exc, working on my form and starting to work to a 440 lbs deadlift;

Tonight: started light shoulderpresses which felt good and tricepwork. Having a light cold so kept it short.

Walked around a few days with a sore throat. Slept a few hours during the day yesterday afternoon and felt better today, although not on topstrength.

Was very sweaty and couldn't find my drive as I had the last weekend trainings. Ditched the squats and taking it easy further this weekend. Having a photoshoot

with the family this afternoon.

Anyway, felt it in the final close with grippers. Filmed some stuff but I just can't find my groove with filming stationary. I just mind to much on keeping the gripper in frame. I want my focus on the gripper. Filmed two CCS's with my 149lbs #3 but the angle wasn't very clear. They were closed however.

Working

IM#3.5 deep set, slight miss, pushed closed and held closed;

BBE deep set closed (but just);

Ghp7 (hard sweep 155lbs) CCS missed a little bit;

IM#3 149lbs 2 x 1 CCS closed;

Vulcan level 15 30 mm blockset closed;

Few holds with IM#3 (my 'harder' one compared to the 149lbs one, filmed by the way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzXWdW6U2o

Rep outs with Vulcan at lighter settings, ended with homemade mounted wristroller. Arms are toast.

Next few weeks just focus on heavier grippers MMS again. No interference with filming and CCS attempt for a while.

Just need to tweak the technique.

It's getting hotter in the garage....no complaining though. Had to wait too long for the summer.

50kg 1 x 5

90kg 1 x 4

130kg 1 x 3

150kg 1 x 2

170kg 1 x 1

I overtrain immidietly if I do deads every week :(

Can do it every other week tops.

50kg 1 x 5

90kg 1 x 4

130kg 1 x 3

150kg 1 x 2

170kg 1 x 1

I overtrain immidietly if I do deads every week :(

Can do it every other week tops.

Well, you say this but I notice indeed that when doing DL's good and heavy, it's noticeable throughout the whole week. Now I've got this light cold now, but when working in the garden last week, I definitely felt this pump in my lowerback as a result from doing DL's. and that's DL monday and gardenwork on thursday. So yes, DL's are also very taxing for me. If monday is a hard DL day, maybe I also cut back to doing them heavy once per two weeks.

Yeah If I go heavy one week, like maxing or repping 200+kg Im fawked app for 2 weeks!!! Im really tired for like 10 days and not really recovered before 14 days have passed.

• Like 1

MMS training focus this session, coming sessions also.

Left arm is nagging with the tenniselbow, although not one that has set through, but my extensors definitely are having an issue.

So it's rest, elbowbracing with normal training and light extensor work for bloodflow. I am not training my crush for my left arm. That sucks

but I need this.

Had a nice session together with lighter squatwork. DL beginning of the week is going to once per two weeks.

Everything MMS and closed unless stated otherwise.

Working
IM#3 149 lbs 1 x 1;

Ghp7 155 lbs 1 x 1;

MM2 repl. 160 - 163 lbs (estimate) 1 x 1;

BBE 169 lbs 1 x 1 (but just)

MM2 repl. 2 x 1;

Ghp7 1 x 1;

Unrated IM#3 (heavier than my rated 149 lbs, so should be around 150 - 153) 3 x 3, filmed one set but my wife took the other camera with cable so posting it later on) these rep sets are a nice PR

Went to lower repwork with lower grippers after this.

Finishing with mounted wristroller and extensor work.

Need to make that BBE a little more submissive... :chris: ..and then on to the #3.5...going to look for a nice pre-rated gripper around 175 lbs.

Edited by Geralt

MMS training focus this session, coming sessions also.

Left arm is nagging with the tenniselbow, although not one that has set through, but my extensors definitely are having an issue.

So it's rest, elbowbracing with normal training and light extensor work for bloodflow. I am not training my crush for my left arm. That sucks

but I need this.

Had a nice session together with lighter squatwork. DL beginning of the week is going to once per two weeks.

Everything MMS and closed unless stated otherwise.

Working

IM#3 149 lbs 1 x 1;

Ghp7 155 lbs 1 x 1;

MM2 repl. 160 - 163 lbs (estimate) 1 x 1;

BBE 169 lbs 1 x 1 (but just)

MM2 repl. 2 x 1;

Ghp7 1 x 1;

Unrated IM#3 (heavier than my rated 149 lbs, so should be around 150 - 153) 3 x 3, filmed one set but my wife took the other camera with cable so posting it later on) these rep sets are a nice PR

Went to lower repwork with lower grippers after this.

Finishing with mounted wristroller and extensor work.

Need to make that BBE a little more submissive... :chris: ..and then on to the #3.5...going to look for a nice pre-rated gripper around 175 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBbgFJpmYRU

Small rep sets with my #3.

No good session today. Training at wrong moment of the day or whatever, clearly wasn't on track.

Did some 30mm block sets with my Ghp7 @155 lbs and some other stuff, not worth mentioning.

Next time better. Had some other things I had to attend to and rushed into training.

Tried to film some 1.5" blocksets with my Ghp7 but filming didn't work out well and I did not have a lot of overcrush

for this setting width today. This one seemed to go reasonable on the photocamera but wasn't good when I watched in on my laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZavQXEpoE

DuDE! Tried the RRBT program? KTA?

Im doing the RRBT atm and Im doing (bad word filter)ing well!

I've went from being able to ALMOST TNS my coc2,5 (2mm left) to TNSing my STOUT GHP6 thats much harder in 10 days!

(bad word filter) me!

Try it mate! Try it!

Edited by NewGrippster

Duuuude haha thnx for the tip, but closing away grippers in high volume does not work for me, honestly. I just kill my hands then and get overtrained.

I tried this many times in 4 years and it got me to this point, sure, but I could've gotten there much more early if I took more rest.

I am thinking to do some negatives however once per week, by working with my #3.5 (going to use a @175 gripper for this when I get this one)

and working on quality closes the next session. Everything however, as far as grippers go, once per week. Besides, still fighting my tendinitis lefty so with my left hand I am doing no griptraining at all this moment with my left hand.

Edited by Geralt