Malice's Grip Training Ver. 2.0

Malice

9/28/10

Grippers

#3.5(MMS)right-6x1-no closes but all at or under 1/4"

I stopped after 6 reps cuz I had a callous on my right pinkie that was hurting so I thought it was better just to stop and cuz the callous off.

A couple hours later my pinkie was less tender and I pulled the MM1 replica out of my desk and gave it a squeeze and closed it first shot. I tried a couple other times and was a paper thickness away from closing but by then my hand was tired and the pinkie was still a little tender. It should be good to go for Thursday's workout though.

9/28/10

Grippers

#3.5(MMS)right-6x1-no closes but all at or under 1/4"

I stopped after 6 reps cuz I had a callous on my right pinkie that was hurting so I thought it was better just to stop and cuz the callous off.

A couple hours later my pinkie was less tender and I pulled the MM1 replica out of my desk and gave it a squeeze and closed it first shot. I tried a couple other times and was a paper thickness away from closing but by then my hand was tired and the pinkie was still a little tender. It should be good to go for Thursday's workout though.

Great toughness in coming back to get the MM1 replica hours later :rock That's what I'm talkin about :cool

9/30/10

Grippers

#3.5(MMS)right-4x1-no closes. The area that I cut the callous off my right pinkie was still tender and playing hell with me tonight. Plus my forearms were smoked so I stopped early. All attempts were about the same as earlier this week so I'm a bit disappointed with it. I'm going to take the rest of the week off so hopefully 3 days rest will produce some results next week.

On a side note a buddy of mine started a body fat loss challenge at work this week and called me tonight asking for advice about nutrition and workouts. I decided that I'm going to do the same workouts and follow the same diet that I set him up with so I'll be starting another workout log in the next couple days so stay tuned :mosher

Doing great on the grippers. You're going to kill that IM cert! :rock

My BBSE showed up today and it measured 195 lbs. on the rgc which falls right between my 3.5 and 4. I'm going to take it into work tonight and put the choker on it. That should help break through this weeks lack of progress :devil

Hey Malice,

Be careful with putting chokers on bigger grippers. I had one break on my 3.5 and it would have been terrible if it was in my hands at that moment. From now on, I decided to only put the choker on for the workout and take it off after. Stay safe man.

That's what I always do too. Its probably about time to fab up a heavy duty adjustable choker for these things now. Thanks for the warning brother!

10/1/10

Grippers

BBSE(choked to 3/4")-10x1-all attempts righty were about 1/4" with a couple below that. All attempts lefty were below 5/16".

This makes up for the disappointing week :mosher I brought the BBSE to work tonight to put the choker on it and of course gave a squeeze. I figured I'd be happy to get it down to 1/2" but then it just kept going and going and going.

10/4/10

Grippers

Supersetted with band expansions and pony clamp for thumb

BBSE(choked to 3/4")both hands-10x1-no closes but all attempts righty solidly less than 1/4" and half attempts lefty less than 1/4" with the other half right at 1/4". Left hand seemed to fatigue a little the second half of the workout but I'm very happy with how the closing strength is coming along with it. It seems I've beaten that stupid plateau I hit last week :mosher

Nice Russ! What's the BBSE rating? And how's your actual CCS status on the #3? Or haven't you given it a try?

I'm still figuring out my Vulcan gripper which level to train it for negatives and holds above

a level that still reaps some progress for me. I'm working at level 16 at this moment.

The rating on the BBSE is 340 and mine measured 195 lbs. on my rgc. I only give the #3 a squeeze CCS periodically as I've been doing my CCS training with my 3.5. Last time I tried it I had more CCS closes than not with the #3 so it's coming along nicely. My goal is to get at least 1 CCS close on my 3.5 by cert day which is why I'm concentrating my CCS training with that. Plus if I can close the 3.5 CCS then I won't have trouble with any 3 that comes out of the package.

The rating on the BBSE is 340 and mine measured 195 lbs. on my rgc. I only give the #3 a squeeze CCS periodically as I've been doing my CCS training with my 3.5. Last time I tried it I had more CCS closes than not with the #3 so it's coming along nicely. My goal is to get at least 1 CCS close on my 3.5 by cert day which is why I'm concentrating my CCS training with that. Plus if I can close the 3.5 CCS then I won't have trouble with any 3 that comes out of the package.

Good plan,CCS a 3.5 and you should have no issues with any 3 out of the packet.

Good plan,CCS a 3.5 and you should have no issues with any 3 out of the packet.

Right on :mosher

10/5/10

Grippers supersetted with band expansions and pony clamp

#3.5(CCS)both hands-3x1-no closes and not even close. I stopped after 3 cus my hands just weren't feeling good on these tonight.

#3.5(MMS)both hands-3x1-no closes and again I stopped early cuz my hands were weak and achy.

I learned that when doing heavy choker work it needs to be done on the second day of consecutive workouts and not on the first. Even though my hands felt good today they just didn't have any strength.

I was planning on doing RT tonight but when I got home from work the wife had a bunch of crap piled around my little grip area and I don't feel like moving it all. I'll hit RT on Friday night after work.

10/7/10

IM hub

28x3

33x3

33x3

33x2

The hub just showed up today so this was an impromptu workout. I just wanted to see what I could do on it and I really like this thing.

Grippers

#3.5(PKS)both hands-10x1-no closes but I got a lot closer than I expected using this set. I want to start using the Paul Knight Set from now on cuz I like it. It's a bit more challenging but I think it'll eliminate some of the variation of my typical MMS due to slightly differing depth of the set from rep to rep.

Hmmm. check. Still lurking around Russ. I've been fiddling around with my homemade pinchblock (8 cm's thick, that woulde be 3,15 inch)

for two handed pinch...got around 75 kg's, after training grippers on my third training session this week, that is. PKS seems a bit to hard for me, since the gripper

is setted almost at the base of the fingers as I recall? Still doing negatives with the Vulcan around level 16 (would be around #3.5).

Trained three times this week, was to much. Third training I almost couldn't close the #2.5, so I need to recover longer. Going to once a week again.

It's hard to put them down so long but it's better.

Ok man, hope you'll get that cert in the end of the year.

10/8/10

Grippers

BBSE(choked to 3/4")both hands-3x1-no closes. Hands felt strong but them and my forearms were feeling real achy with grippers so I decided not to push it. I think with these heavy grippers 2 consecutive workouts in a row might be too much. Time to drop back to 3 non-consecutive workouts a week and see how that works out.

Rolling Thunder

100x1

132x1

142x1

152x1

162x1(new PR for no chalk)

172x1-PR

178x1(Right only)-PR

142x20-PR

I guess I was right earlier in thinking my hands felt strong. I not only set a new PR for no chalk but also 2 max PR's as well as a reps PR. It was a great night for RT. Not bad considering I haven't trained it in 2 weeks since I set my last PR and tonight I beat it by 11 lbs.!! Time to add another 2.5 lbs. for reps :) I also surpassed my goal of lifting 175 lbs. on RT for this year! The goal is now bumped up to 200 :mosher It's time to start hitting negatives with Da Inch :rock

Real nice work on the RT. Congrats! :rock

Thanks guys!

Amazing RT work. Great improvement in just 2 weeks.

I need to get consistent with it now cuz the PR came after not working it at all for a couple weeks. Maybe the high reps IROC told me to do work even better than I thought :)

10/8/10

Grippers

BBSE(choked to 3/4")both hands-3x1-no closes. Hands felt strong but them and my forearms were feeling real achy with grippers so I decided not to push it. I think with these heavy grippers 2 consecutive workouts in a row might be too much. Time to drop back to 3 non-consecutive workouts a week and see how that works out.

Rolling Thunder

100x1

132x1

142x1

152x1

162x1(new PR for no chalk)

172x1-PR

178x1(Right only)-PR

142x20-PR

I guess I was right earlier in thinking my hands felt strong. I not only set a new PR for no chalk but also 2 max PR's as well as a reps PR. It was a great night for RT. Not bad considering I haven't trained it in 2 weeks since I set my last PR and tonight I beat it by 11 lbs.!! Time to add another 2.5 lbs. for reps :) I also surpassed my goal of lifting 175 lbs. on RT for this year! The goal is now bumped up to 200 :mosher It's time to start hitting negatives with Da Inch :rock

Great to hear ;)

10/11/10

Took the #3 in to work tonight to do some CCS and PKS work. Since it's the week of WSH I wanted to keep the one gripper workout of the week fairly unstressful on my hands. I managed to kill it PKS but before the CCS attempts I was helping a guy in another department move a fairly heavy but extremely cumbersome part and the dumb ass dropped his end and it kinda twisted in my hands and I felt a pop on the backside of my right hand dead center in the middle. It didn't hurt or anything so I didn't think about it. However, when I tried the #3 CCS as soon as it got to about half way I got a super sharp pain in my hand where it popped. I gave it some rest and warmed my hand up real good and tried again and same thing, about half way it hurt real bad. Again, I let it rest about 45 minutes or so, warmed it up real good and again bad pain. When I got home I decided to lightly test it with a few things and with grippers #2 and below I have no pain but when I tried the #2.5 the pain was back. Tried RT up to 157 lbs. and no pain at all. IM hub up to 33 lbs. (my max) and no pain at all. I even tried my pinch block both 2 handed and single handed and no pain. I'm glad that there's no pain on the other exercises but it sucks that now, a month before cert day I hurt my stupid hand. Oh well, if I have to postpone it I will, no biggie. The rest of the week is going to be rest for the competition this weekend.