Malice's Grip Training Ver. 2.0

Malice

After yesterday's 2hp work my left forearm is having sharp pains again. I'm not a happy camper at all right now but I guess it's a perfect time to just take a week off of any grip training for both hands. It'll probably drive me nuts being that the #3 cert is coming up but I gotta do what I gotta do.

After yesterday's 2hp work my left forearm is having sharp pains again. I'm not a happy camper at all right now but I guess it's a perfect time to just take a week off of any grip training for both hands. It'll probably drive me nuts being that the #3 cert is coming up but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Admit it. You've got an addiction on your hands :whistel No griptraining for 1 week = seven days = pretty much cold turkey.

Maybe you'll be surprised on what a little resting period can do!

Admit it. You've got an addiction on your hands :whistel No griptraining for 1 week = seven days = pretty much cold turkey.

Maybe you'll be surprised on what a little resting period can do!

No doubt brother!

A week off will do me good as I've been blasting it pretty hard the last month and especially the last week or 2. I'll have a good bump in strength after a week of total recovery so it'll be interesting to see where I'm at when I come back. I usually take a full week off every couple months when I'm lifting weights and so far it's worked nicely with grip as well.

Are you signed up!? :yikes

I contacted Ironmind last week and filled out the questionaire and they emailed me back today and said to get back to them closer to the time of the November WSH and they'll find a witness then. The countdown starts now :mosher

I've done it a couple times but I'm not dominating it CCS yet. By the time cert day comes around in 7 weeks I should be dominating it enough CCS that if you put it in my hand when I'm sleeping I'll still grind the handles :)

Do you have some friends over there who also own some #3´s? And how´s closing those CCS? Did you notice any difference in resistance?

Do you have some friends over there who also own some #3´s? And how´s closing those CCS? Did you notice any difference in resistance?

Nobody that lives close to me has a 3 and the only other one I've squeezed was Aaron's real easy one so I have nothing to compare it to. Cannon said the sweep on it was pretty tough though when he calibrated it though. I'll probably buy another one in the next couple weeks.

I plan to be killing my 3.5 MMS by cert day and hopefully be close to closing it CCS if my plan works out...based on my progress the last couple months.

Nobody that lives close to me has a 3 and the only other one I've squeezed was Aaron's real easy one so I have nothing to compare it to. Cannon said the sweep on it was pretty tough though when he calibrated it though. I'll probably buy another one in the next couple weeks.

I plan to be killing my 3.5 MMS by cert day and hopefully be close to closing it CCS if my plan works out...based on my progress the last couple months.

You can try my hard filed #3 next time your down CCS. If you can CCS that then you shouldn't have any trouble with any gripper they send for a cert unless its a serious mutant.

- Aaron

Ok. Better be on the safe side eh? I'm curious on how my #3 rates. but I don't know anyone in my area/country who can calibrate it...

On the other hand, I'll just have to train hard and close the damn thing. Russ, good luck and let's see what you can do next week.

You can try my hard filed #3 next time your down CCS. If you can CCS that then you shouldn't have any trouble with any gripper they send for a cert unless its a serious mutant.

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron, I'll give it a shot.

Ok. Better be on the safe side eh? I'm curious on how my #3 rates. but I don't know anyone in my area/country who can calibrate it...

On the other hand, I'll just have to train hard and close the damn thing. Russ, good luck and let's see what you can do next week.

Thanks Geralt! I'm going to start focusing on closing my 3.5 both MMS and CCS not until cert day. I figure if I can dominate it MMS and get within 1/4" CCS that should be pretty good for any 3 that comes out of the package.

Thanks Geralt! I'm going to start focusing on closing my 3.5 both MMS and CCS not until cert day. I figure if I can dominate it MMS and get within 1/4" CCS that should be pretty good for any 3 that comes out of the package.

Good luck on MMS that 3.5. A great plan to go after this IM cert #3 :cool

My hands felt really good today and I decided that since I'll have a deload week in about 3 weeks for WSH I'd go ahead and train my right hand even though I can't do squat with the left. Plus I was curious where I'm at CCS with the 3.5.

9/22/10

#3.5(CCS)right-10x1-no full closes but all closes about 1/2"

That's a lot better than I expected to be at this point.

9/23/10

#3.5(MMS)-15x1-no closes but the last 10 attempts were all just under 1/4"!!! The first 5 were between 5/16"-1/4" but I couldn't keep my hands warmed up well at the beginning. Once I was able to keep them warmed up and limber all attempts were under 1/4".

First day back in the gym since I hurt my left forearm about a month and a half ago. Not too bad and strength wasn't down too much. Also I started squats again for the first time in about 19 years so I kept it light but it felt good...until tomorrow that is :blush

When I was squatting a youngin' came over and proceeded to explain to me that I was wasting my time going so low and that I could do more weight if I didn't go so low. He was telling me that I should be doing parallel squats like he does. Well, I had to burst his bubble when I told him that what he was doing was not even close to parallel squats...more like half squats. I was going super light only using 225 for sets of 8 but it felt good and wasn't a struggle at all. After his 2 sets of half squats I watched as he banged out about 15 sets of leg curls :rolleyes I wanted to smack him and say if you do ATG (ass to ground) squats then you don't have to waste your time with leg curls cuz you bring your hammies and rump into play big time. If you don't believe me try it sometime and tell me it doesn't hurt like heck next time you sit on the can :devil

Anyway, end of rant. Grippers tonight at work and I can't wait after 3 days off :rock

9/27/10

Grippers

#3.5(CCS)right-10x1-no closes. About 1/2" from closing

I'm not happy with this workout. With the exception of one attempt being closer than last weeks CCS workout I'd say the rest were about the same with a couple being worse. I'm not happy with it at all but then again I started lifting again today so maybe the ullups took a little out of my hands. Also my left forearm, which felt fine before the gym is now hurting so I didn't do grippers lefty again.

Be careful man, not to overdo it then at this point, an injury is NOT what you want at this point.

Eh, i also do squats ATG, that´s the way they should be done. By the way, 225 is not bad at all for the first time since so many years!

9/27/10

Grippers

#3.5(CCS)right-10x1-no closes. About 1/2" from closing

I'm not happy with this workout. With the exception of one attempt being closer than last weeks CCS workout I'd say the rest were about the same with a couple being worse. I'm not happy with it at all but then again I started lifting again today so maybe the ullups took a little out of my hands. Also my left forearm, which felt fine before the gym is now hurting so I didn't do grippers lefty again.

Yeah, the pain in the left arm is really annoying me at this point. If it keeps up much longer I'm going to stop training righty so I don't get TOO much of a streigth difference between left and right

I just ordered a BBSE to get ready to put the choker on. I think my #4 might be a bit stout compared to my 3.5 to jump right in to. The rgc difference between my 3 and 3.5 was only 21 lbs. but the difference between the 3.5 and 4 is 43 lbs. so that might be a bigger jump than I want right off the bat.

Malice have you tried using extensor training or maybe even try using contrast baths for your whole arm, maybe even massage the sore areas. If that has not healed already something has to be wrong with it. If you do decide to stop atleast maintain your right hand strength or train for some crush endurance.

Malice have you tried using extensor training or maybe even try using contrast baths for your whole arm, maybe even massage the sore areas. If that has not healed already something has to be wrong with it. If you do decide to stop atleast maintain your right hand strength or train for some crush endurance.

Every time I do a gripper squeeze I do extensions and thumb work. It goes...10-25 band extensions (depending on which level band I'm using), 1 gripper squeeze, 1 rep on pony clamp or negative on TTK.

The thing that caused the forearm issue was when the wrist developer handle slipped out of my right hand and I was left only holding it in my left and it tweaked something there as I tried to keep it from taking out Aaron's eye. I let it rest a while but apparently I came back a little too soon with 2hp and it aggravated it again. I am going to the doc for a normal checkup soon and will have it looked at specifically then. It sux getting old...lol