Ottoemezzo Training Log

OTTOEMEZZO

10/3/11

Weight is about 214 with a waist slightly over 34.5". I've stayed as lean as I could on this bulk so far and really happy with the results. Also, this is the heaviest I've ever been.

SQUATS: up to 355 x 5! Hard, but I'm very happy with this. Squats are through the roof these days. Probably have a 400 in me for a single, which has been my goal for a while.

supersetted with...

GRIPPERS:

R: BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1, #3 x 1 overcrush!, #3 x 1 overcrush!, BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1, BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1

L: #2.5 x 3 single overcrushes. #3 x 2 attempts (got it down to closer than 1/4", which is a PR!

BENCH: 210 x 5 x 3 sets. Surprised at how easy this was.

WEIGHTED CHIN UPS: 25 lbs x 5, 45 lbs x 5, 70 lbs x 3. Was going for 5 reps with 70. Need to change something up. Felt weak on these today.

CURLS: up to 120 x 5. Not completely strict, but not too much cheating either. Finished off with 90 x 10.

Great workout today! First time OVERCRUSHING #3!!! And, twice! Felt better than closing it for the first time. Today was the first time I felt confident with this gripper. Bench and Squats were great today.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTTOEMEZZO

• Malice

• Forever

• Terrygrip

Great job! Looking back to the beginning of this log you've made HUGE progress everywhere!!

Thanks brother. I try my best.

10/5/11

Felt very weak even prior to the workout.

LIGHT SQUATS

MILITARY PRESS: up to 150 x 2?! Was going for 5 reps.

DEADLIFTS: did warm ups up to 325, which felt pretty heavy, and decided to stop.

Just did not feel it. Not enough sleep.

10/7/11

SQUATS: up to 360 x 3. Hard.

superstted with...

GRIPPERS:

R: Did MMS reps with #2.5. Also did CCS with #2.5. Some reps with CCS were easily fully closed, while others were not quite there. Still very new to CCS. Lack of technique for sure.

L: Did MMS reps with BBSM. Also did some CCS with BBSM and #2.

BENCH: up to 255 x 1! PR! Also did 3 partials with 305, 9 inches above chest. Next week, I will attempt 7 inches above chest.

ROWS: up to 220 x 5.

supersetted with...

WEIGHTED DIPS: 85 lbs x 5 x 3 sets.

Good workout overall.

10/10/11

SQUATS: up to 360 x 1. Squatted 315 x 5 right before this, which seemed too hard for what it was. Decided to try 360, but it felt alot heavier than it should have. Could have gotten 1 or 2 more reps, but decided to stop.

supersetted with...

GRIPPERS:

R: BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1, #3 x 1 barely closed rep,BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1 fail, #3 x 1 fail, BBE (choked to 3/4") x 1 fail

L: #2.5 x 3 singles. #3 x 2 attempts (got it down between 1/4" and 1/2")

BENCH: 215 x 5 x 3 sets.

WEIGHTED CHIN UPS: Tried some one arm holds at the top (could not do it with either arm - used to be able to do this when I was lighter.) Then, tried some towel pull ups.

CURLS: up to 125 x 5. Most reps were cheating.

Not too happy with this. I got enough sleep the last few days, which leads me to believe that I'm overtrained. I'll de-load either this week or next week.

Edited by OTTOEMEZZO

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted here. I've been doing a de-load week and came back to the gym last Wednesday. The thing is that nothing special happend. I'm back to either barely closing or not closing #3.

10/24/11

Squats: up to 320 x 5. Decided to back off on these and work my way up.

Bench: 215 x 5 x 3 sets. Solid.

Weighted Pull Ups: 45 lbs x 5 x 3 sets.

Curls.

I also did grippers, in between squats. Nothing special, closed BBE choked to 3/4" with Right, but that was the only highlight. I'm thinking about backing off grippers and focusing on pinch and Rolling Thunder for 2-3 months. Hopefully I'll only get stronger.

10/28/11

Squats: up to 335 x 3. Pretty easy.

supersetted with...

Rolling Thunder: up to 150 x 1! PR!!! Finished off with 120 x 10 x 2 sets. Really happy to get 150 (this is in just weights, not counting the weight of the pin.)

Bench: 220 x 5 x 3 sets! I guess this is a PR of sorts, as I've never done 220 for this many reps/sets.

Dips: 90 lbs x 5 x 3 sets. This was pretty hard. I feel that dips made my triceps very strong compared to other muscles. These days, once I get about half way up on bench press, even if the weight is heavy, it just flies up. Feels good.

10/31/11

Squats: up to 345 x 5. Hard.

supersetted with...

Pinch work. Did not like plate pinching as it tore my skin up. Dynamic work was good.

Bench: 225 x 5, 5, 4. Could not get the last rep.

Weighted Pull Ups: 50 lbs x 5 x 3 sets.

Cheat Curls: 125 x 5 x 3 sets.

10/28/11

Squats: up to 335 x 3. Pretty easy.

supersetted with...

Rolling Thunder: up to 150 x 1! PR!!! Finished off with 120 x 10 x 2 sets. Really happy to get 150 (this is in just weights, not counting the weight of the pin.)

Bench: 220 x 5 x 3 sets! I guess this is a PR of sorts, as I've never done 220 for this many reps/sets.

Dips: 90 lbs x 5 x 3 sets. This was pretty hard. I feel that dips made my triceps very strong compared to other muscles. These days, once I get about half way up on bench press, even if the weight is heavy, it just flies up. Feels good.

Congrats on the Rolling Thunder Pr...can't wait till I get back to that lift.

Thanks brother.

11/3/11

Light Squats

Military Press: up to 145 x 4. Was going for 5.

Deadlifts: up to 400 x 5.

I'm feeling very tired and un-focused during my workouts these days. I think my body and mind are tired and I just need a break. After next week, I'll take a full week break from any workouts. Then, I'll come back and start doing the StrongLifts Advanced routine. Madcow has been great, but it's time for a change.

Thanks brother.

11/3/11

Light Squats

Military Press: up to 145 x 4. Was going for 5.

Deadlifts: up to 400 x 5.

I'm feeling very tired and un-focused during my workouts these days. I think my body and mind are tired and I just need a break. After next week, I'll take a full week break from any workouts. Then, I'll come back and start doing the StrongLifts Advanced routine. Madcow has been great, but it's time for a change.

Sounds to me like it's time to deload.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while, though I did start exercising again this week. After 2 week break, the one thing that I'm noticing most is the leg soreness from squatting 3 times a week. I could barely get out of bed for a couple of days. This week I started Starting Strength Advanced, which is a 9 week program. I put slightly lower numbers than my actual numbers to ensure successful completion. I put my squat at 330 x 5 (actual is 355 x 5), deadlift at 410 x 5 (actual is 425 x 5), bench at 220 x 5 (actual is 230 x 5) and military press at 145 x 5 (this is my actual max). My expected results at the end of the program are: Squat 380 x 3, Deadlift 445 x 3 x 3, Bench 250 x 3, and Military Press 155 x 3 x 3.

11/21/11

Squats: 250 x 5 x 5. Very easy, but feels a bit awkward due to the 2 week break from squatting.

supersetted with...

Rolling Thunder: 122.5 x 10 x 2 sets.

Bench: up to 175 x 5. Same as squats. Not feeling that the technique is back yet.

Rows: up to 170 x 5. Very easy.

Extremely easy workout, and a nice way to get back to lifting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/23/11

Squats: 225 x 5 x 5.

Military Press: 105 x 5 x 5.

Deadlifts: 310 x 5 x 3 sets.

Nothing special yet. Very, very easy.

Edited by OTTOEMEZZO

11/25/11

Squats: up to 265 x 5. Easy.

Bench: 165 x 5 x 5. Easy.

Rows: 160 x 5 x 5. Easy.

---------------------------------------------

11/28/11

Squats: 275 x 5 x 5. Easier than 250 last week. Getting back into it.

Bench: up to 200 x 5.

Rows: up to 195 x 5.

Easy overall workout. Next week things start to get more interesting. This week is still very easy.

Forgot to mention that during the last workout, I also did 125 x 10 x 2 sets on Rolling Thunder.

11/30/11

Squats: 240 x 5 x 5.

Military Press: 125 x 5 x 5.

Deadlifts (all with DO grip): 345 x 5 x 3 sets.

12/2/11

SQUATS: up to 300 x 5

BENCH: 185 x 5 x 5

ROWS: 180 x 5 x 5

12/5/11

SQUATS: 305 x 5 x 5

BENCH: up to 220 x 5

ROWS: up to 215 x 5

12/7/11

SQUATS: up to 260 x 5

MILITARY PRESS: 135 x 5 x 5. Hard.

DEADLIFT: 380 x 5 x 3 sets.

Workouts are starting to get tougher, but still manageable.

12/12/11

SQUATS: 320 x 5 x 5.

supersetted with GRIPPERS:

R: #2.5 x 4, 3, 3, 2

L: BBSM x 4, 3, 2, 2

BENCH: up to 230 X 3??? Should have had this, but was pretty worn out after squats.

ROWS: up to 225 x 5.

So, first miss on this routine. I will drop down the weight on bench by 5 lbs for all other workouts and continue.

• 1 year later...

Wow, first post in a very long time... want to get back to posting here in order to motivate myself.

Since I've been gone from here, I've had some decent progress. Here are some highlights:

1. I closed #3 and actually thought it was a easy about 2 months ago.

2. Deadlifted 425x5 (and 385x10)

3. Squats 355x5 (and 315x10)

4. Bench 235x5 (and 210x10)

These are my maxes, and I'm currently trying to get myself back to this level and beyond.

My main goal is to certify on #3 within next 6 months. My other goals are to get Bench/Squat/Deadlift for 300/400/500.

I also plan to get into rock climbing after accomplishing these goals.

Wish me luck.

Wow, first post in a very long time... want to get back to posting here in order to motivate myself.

Since I've been gone from here, I've had some decent progress. Here are some highlights:

1. I closed #3 and actually thought it was a easy about 2 months ago.

2. Deadlifted 425x5 (and 385x10)

3. Squats 355x5 (and 315x10)

4. Bench 235x5 (and 210x10)

These are my maxes, and I'm currently trying to get myself back to this level and beyond.

My main goal is to certify on #3 within next 6 months. My other goals are to get Bench/Squat/Deadlift for 300/400/500.

I also plan to get into rock climbing after accomplishing these goals.

Wish me luck.

Where are you from man?

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a quick weekly update...

This week, I did (just mentioning the most important lifts/exercises here):

Squats: 265 x 10

Bench: 200 x 8

Deadlifts: 315 x 10

Also closed #3 (chocked at 1") on Monday (between Squat sets) for 5 singles. On Wednesday (between Bench sets, which tire out my grip just enough to mess up the gripper workout) only did 3 singles (chocked at 1") - was not able to do the forth single and figured it was enough. Note to self: need to do at least a few sets of grip work before staring a bench workout. Will leave the #3 chocked at 1" for next week.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a little while since I last posted. Some recent lifts:

Squats: 295x10

Bench: 210x6

Deadlifts: 335x8 (DO grip)

Closed #3 chocked at 1.15" for 5 singles with the Right hand.

Also started doing RT again. Going light for now, 115x10.

Took a break from 10.10 to 10.17 from heavy lifting. Did some easy workouts instead, because I was starting to feel a little burned out.

On 10.17, did Bench for 200 x 7

On 10.19, did Deadlifts for 315 x 10 (DO grip)

Today (10.21), did Squats for 285x6 (legs felt a bit tired so decided to take it easy. Also closed #3 (chocked at 1.15") for 5 singles with Right.