• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• 1stCoC

• The Natural

• andurniat

Everything seems like it moving along. I would suggest all involved maintain training logs that could be combined into a superstars grip book/manual and when the event happens some GOOD videos could go with it. If there were interviews done of each competitor it would be great thing for grip history as well. RS

I'm putting some of my grip training for this event in my log. I also previously wrote an e-book and am working on a new one at the mo. Some of the Arnold stuff will be in that. The videos is a good idea and I and my fellow athletes I am sure will put something together nearer the time.

On previous visits to the US I usually also do a full write up on the journey, any adventures and of course on the event on a few sites.

Will we get to see the 500lb barbell (even a design would be cool) and or the Gamma club?? Knowledge of what we'll be lifting always helps.

Edited by mobsterone

Everything seems like it moving along. I would suggest all involved maintain training logs that could be combined into a superstars grip book/manual and when the event happens some GOOD videos could go with it. If there were interviews done of each competitor it would be great thing for grip history as well. RS

Regarding the interviews: We all four did something like this at Chad's event but I understand there are or were some issues with getting it used.

Regarding the interviews: We all four did something like this at Chad's event but I understand there are or were some issues with getting it used.

Yes, mainly my broke ass being unable to come up with an affordable way to get into DVD format. I plan to sell my machine gun soon and so that may free up some capital.

Only in America... LOL Machine Gun.

Can't you take said instrument and say (while waving it about a little) 'put this on a DVD or 10?'. Over here, as per my log it'd be a raised voice and my 'I'll give you a slap you toe rag' said in my best Cockney twang.

Only in America... LOL Machine Gun.

Can't you take said instrument and say (while waving it about a little) 'put this on a DVD or 10?'. Over here, as per my log it'd be a raised voice and my 'I'll give you a slap you toe rag' said in my best Cockney twang.

The dvd guy has a bazooka

Edited by AP

:flame I've got a flame thrower LOL

Incidentally, flame throwers are not regulated by the federal government in the US, and so as long as there are no local laws against them, are perfectly legal to own without a background check. I wanted to get one at one point, but most of them are held in the private musuems of WWII collectors, and rarely does one become available.

2010 is turning into something else. I recently had a chat with a son of a mate who's looking to become the UK distributor for a US clothing line. Anyway there's a big fitness expo here called 'Bodypower 2010' at the NEC Birmingham, England (google it). Could I do my nail bending etc on their stand? Sure, says I, I'll need transport, a bed and board etc (not always about money and I know I'll have fun so...).

He talks to the expo organziers, they like the sound of it, now it seems as though I may be on the main stage in front of 1000's! Better yet I know the main man, gives him a call... you know how this works by now don't ya. That I'd said no before when they were keen means they liked me before so this time, having changed the date of the British Grip to earlier in the month I'm up for it.

Another chance to promote grip (with the added bonus of the boss man suggesting space for my company banner). It's gotta be good.

And there was me talking about making 2010 my last competitive year. :yikes

2010 is turning into something else. I recently had a chat with a son of a mate who's looking to become the UK distributor for a US clothing line. Anyway there's a big fitness expo here called 'Bodypower 2010' at the NEC Birmingham, England (google it). Could I do my nail bending etc on their stand? Sure, says I, I'll need transport, a bed and board etc (not always about money and I know I'll have fun so...).

He talks to the expo organziers, they like the sound of it, now it seems as though I may be on the main stage in front of 1000's! Better yet I know the main man, gives him a call... you know how this works by now don't ya. That I'd said no before when they were keen means they liked me before so this time, having changed the date of the British Grip to earlier in the month I'm up for it.

Another chance to promote grip (with the added bonus of the boss man suggesting space for my company banner). It's gotta be good.

And there was me talking about making 2010 my last competitive year. :yikes

Great stuff man. Keep it going strong.

Good stuff, Steve :mosher

Cheers. It is, as it always was, a case of who you know as well as what you know LOL :upsidedwn

You aren't going to be able to use much tilt without that bell catching on the box - that things looks wicked hard - one very big hunk of steel!

The anvil - pictures never really tell us much - you just never know how hard one is until you get your hand on it and see what the taper - texture - etc are like.

I'll say this, Climber and I just talked this through, the Henry Bell will be lifted at this contest. It's not even a question.

You got me thinking Steve. I think we got it figured out. Genius for the show, but the gripsters will figure it out with enough time.

One could mimic a box homemade with with a simular spacing and a thick handle and same weight to practice no?

Rico

I'll say this, Climber and I just talked this through, the Henry Bell will be lifted at this contest. It's not even a question.

You got me thinking Steve. I think we got it figured out. Genius for the show, but the gripsters will figure it out with enough time.

Just tested this last night, and i was right. I lifted my gracie bell for the first time using "the box"

genius guys. Great showmanship.

i mean that with all sincerity.

An update, the famed Jowett anvil has been weighed..the final "on the mark" weight is 173lb. In addition, the 500 lb. Monster Bell will undergo fabrication the first half of next week. I do hope to see someone lift the Henry Bell but, personally my doubt level is quite high.RS

So the Jowett bell is NOT the oft reported 163lbs but is, instead, 10lbs heavier? I find these sort of lack of correct information for events annoying in the extreme.

I've also emailed Terry 2x thus far to find out what, if any arrangements regarding travel, hotels, passes etc there might be. The longer it's left the more expensive tickets and the like become. If I am to make my own arrangements a reply would be nice.

As above accurate rules, regs and info about equipment is useful from a training perspective. Do give him his due, Richard replied within minutes yesterday with some extra data about the 500lb circus bell.

Edited by mobsterone

Has Mark Henry himself ever lifted this bell?

The Jowett anvil resided for many years unlifted in a small gym south of Austin Texas. The Gym owner stated by estimate years ago it was 163 by the stamped marks not realizing anvils are marked in hundred weight or 112 lbs. or fractions therof. Thus for example a 1-2-6 marked anvil in old times and sold by the pound "should weigh" 112+56+6=174lbs. The first number being hundred weight, second quarters of hundred weight, and the third pounds. Since no one lifted it I guess the gym owner was "satisfied" at the 163 estimate. The historical value of this anvil is just as or more important than its weight so, when I urged Dr. Todd to get "the baby" weighed he promptly did.I suggest since he is bending over backward to make this all work and is saddled with the responsibility of Mighty Mitts, the Stark Strength Center grand opening, AND the Arnold's strongman we consider his time as well and be respectfully patient. RS