One-armed Grip Training.

mwhities

Cool! It looks like you are really going for it! plus chasing your son around the store sounds like a good aerobic workout :)

I'm doing it for sure. I figure this is something I can get into rather inexpensively. Again, my wife likes that. :) I spent about an hour in HD and 30 - 35 minutes was just chasing him. :)

Thanks,

Michael

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mwhities

• rico300zx

• Paul Knight

• Adam Moyers

i can only watch utube videos on my phone. got a page set up there for your videos?

rico

Congrats on the closes :rock. Time to order some harder grippers. I saw in an earlier post that you're interested in getting the MM0 cert. If you're on a limited budget, I'd get a #2, and maybe a #1.5 and work with those to get on your way to the MM0. A #3 is certain failure when starting out. Good luck

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm kinda happy and kinda saddened. :) I'm happy I was able to close the #1 after reading in IM's site that avid weight lifters couldn't close it. I'm sad because I won't be using it for very long as I'll be up to #1.5 or #2. :) I'm looking to get the #1.5 and #2 soon. Maybe by the end of the month. I do side jobs and it's money I can do with as I please, approved by the boss (wife.). :)

i can only watch utube videos on my phone. got a page set up there for your videos?

rico

I'll set my account up and upload it for you. Give me a few and thanks for reading my log.

congrats on the closes, now you will start to build up a good gripper collection

Thank you. #1.5 and #2 soon. I should go ahead and get the gripper holders too. :)

Michael

rico

Here is the first one.

COC T and #1

I'll get the other one up tonight or in a few. I forgot to grab my cable for transferring images/videos off my camera at home.

Michael

Looked easy, ive subsribed so i'm looking forward to some more vids of your progress with the different exercises

Crushed the T and the #1.

COC T and #1 CRUSHED!

I have another video that I will upload in a few. you will see that camera on the left side of this one. :)

Michael

That #1 looked way to easy for you! Time to buy a #2!

Looked easy, ive subsribed so i'm looking forward to some more vids of your progress with the different exercises

Thanks! That's cool. I received the e-mail saying someone subscribed and thought, "Who the hell wants to see this?" haha I'll post a lot so, expect a lot videos there. :)

That #1 looked way to easy for you! Time to buy a #2!

For a one-time close, yes. WAY to easy. More than three reps.. not going to happen or at least not pretty. I'm still going to work out with the T for a little. 8-10X3 then hit the #1 for a few times. Looking for a #1.5 and #2 now. Anyone have either to sell? :)

I'm also looking forward to FBBC's grippers. I might have a collection of both soon. :)

Michael

Edited by mwhities

Congratulations on the closes Michael! Grippers are fun and CoC's are a good line to start with, I'm sure you'll go far :) Looking forward to reading your progress!

Chris

Congratulations on the closes Michael! Grippers are fun and CoC's are a good line to start with, I'm sure you'll go far :) Looking forward to reading your progress!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm excited about the closes too. I was scared I wouldn't get the #1 closed.

I see that I have the strongest grip in my department at work now. One guy ALMOST closed it, but still missing a few mm's. :)

Michael

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm excited about the closes too. I was scared I wouldn't get the #1 closed.

I see that I have the strongest grip in my department at work now. One guy ALMOST closed it, but still missing a few mm's. :)

Michael

Good stuff :cool

You should see what you can do with 2-3 fingers. I can just about no-set a #2, with 3 fingers I can no-set a #1.5 and with 2 (index and middle) I can no-set the trainer, so that might give you an idea of how hard the #2 is I don't know.

Chris

Good stuff :cool

You should see what you can do with 2-3 fingers. I can just about no-set a #2, with 3 fingers I can no-set a #1.5 and with 2 (index and middle) I can no-set the trainer, so that might give you an idea of how hard the #2 is I don't know.

Chris

Where do you position the gripper when you do two or three fingers? If I grab the gripper "normally", with three fingers, I can almost close the #1. If I grab the #1 with three fingers and set the gripper as if I only had three fingers, I can close it. (The last finger even with the bottom of the gripper.) The T, I can close it with two fingers lined up at the bottom of the gripper.

Make sense?

Michael

Where do you position the gripper when you do two or three fingers? If I grab the gripper "normally", with three fingers, I can almost close the #1. If I grab the #1 with three fingers and set the gripper as if I only had three fingers, I can close it. (The last finger even with the bottom of the gripper.) The T, I can close it with two fingers lined up at the bottom of the gripper.

Make sense?

Michael

Yes the latter (with your fingers at the end). Nice job those grippers are waay too easy for you ;)

Chris

Make sense?

Michael

Yes the latter (with your fingers at the end). Nice job those grippers are waay too easy for you ;)

Chris

Ahh, very cool. (I think I hurt my wrist trying to close the #1 with two fingers. haha)

By the end of the week or first of next, I'll have #1.5 and #2 on the way. Or should I just get the #2?

Michael

Lee does a nice instructional vid about grippers, since your new take a look maby it could help.

Rico

Lee does a nice instructional vid about grippers, since your new take a look maby it could help.

Rico

Parris,

Thanks. I have watched it. That's where I "think" I learned the proper setting of the gripper. Can you tell by my videos?

Michael

Michael

im not a big "setting" person, so i didnt really notice. just lots of chalk and me going crazy. hey i just deadlifted #500 first time in a whole year, im pretty stoked. hope i do as well on my chemistry test tonight.

rico

Michael

im not a big "setting" person, so i didnt really notice. just lots of chalk and me going crazy. hey i just deadlifted #500 first time in a whole year, im pretty stoked. hope i do as well on my chemistry test tonight.

rico

haha Not sure if I can "set" right.... but I can squeeze them and close them. :)

Congratz! Is that a PR or close to it? Good luck on the test... I hate those kind.

Michael

Well, you're already stronger than I was when I started. Keep it up :rock

Opps, I missed your post... :)

I think having one-arm for so many years gives me the advantage. ;)

Michael

Nice job Michael.Those looked pretty easy for you. :rock I just can't figure out how you got them out of the package so quickly :D

Nice job Michael.Those looked pretty easy for you. :rock I just can't figure out how you got them out of the package so quickly :D

Thats what I thought :blink

Thats what I thought :blink

Thanks guys.

To close the #1 once, it is easy. To put reps on it, not so easy. I might be able to do a #1.5, possibly a #2.

I asked about a #1.5 in the Selling section, waiting for a reply. I'm looking for a #2 before I put in an order at IM.

I just scored the top of them, pulled and they slide right out. (At least the #1 was that way. The T was harder to get out. :))

Michael