One-armed Grip Training.

mwhities

Guest Bullitt

Nice work buddy. I think you will be able to nail the 25 if you rest up and give it a go fresh. This month for sure.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mwhities

• rico300zx

• Paul Knight

• Adam Moyers

Good attempts on the #2.5! :rock That's great considering how long you've been at it and the lack of chalk. Rest up a few days and you may nail it shut. Glad to see you got the 37.5 blob up and the 2-35s a few inches. You've definitely got a much stronger grip than the average guy.

I can't see you resisting the urge to at least the give the #3 a squeeze. :D Then you'll know why it's such a sought after goal in the grip world.

Nice work buddy. I think you will be able to nail the 25 if you rest up and give it a go fresh. This month for sure.

Yeah, it's just SOO hard to put them down! hahaha Now that I have this blob and it's not to bad, I may give the grippers a rest. :)

Good attempts on the #2.5! :rock That's great considering how long you've been at it and the lack of chalk. Rest up a few days and you may nail it shut. Glad to see you got the 37.5 blob up and the 2-35s a few inches. You've definitely got a much stronger grip than the average guy.

I can't see you resisting the urge to at least the give the #3 a squeeze. :D Then you'll know why it's such a sought after goal in the grip world.

Thanks. My hand was still burned out from early yesterday and then the blob and plates. :) I need to do some contrast soaking. Even the extension work this morning was hard to do. I figure since I only have one-arm and I use it for EVERYTHING, that all my power went to that arm/hand. So, I guess against other average two-armed people, my one-arm is stronger than one of their arms.

PLEASE quit talking about the #3! haha I'm looking at it and drooling over it. I DOOO want to open it and try it. I know I wouldn't be close to closing it.... ARGHH! Must resist!!!!

Michael

You should rest a few days and give the #2.5 a shot when you are fresh. If you still don't get it, open that #3 up and do some forced closes and holds with it. Those will help the #2.5 fall faster.

Wow! that Blob looked easy for you!! congrats :rock

You should rest a few days and give the #2.5 a shot when you are fresh. If you still don't get it, open that #3 up and do some forced closes and holds with it. Those will help the #2.5 fall faster.

I can't! hahah but I'll try. ;) I didn't even think about that. Doing negatives on the #3 would help with the #2.5 close. Thanks for pointing that out. What would you recommend for a warm up? 3X10 or so on the #1 or so? I don't want to get burned out to much, but I want to get warmed up well enough. I feel that I'm not warming up enough being scared I'd shot over the point I need to grip at he "warmed up' level.

Thanks Paul. I want to try your Blob50 if I don't get mine before I come visit. ;)

Michael

Rest a few days and try this.

5 reps with the T

3 reps with the #1

1 rep with the #1.5

5 attempts on the #2.5

5 reps with the T

I think you will get the #2.5 if you rest a few days.

Rest a few days and try this.

5 reps with the T

3 reps with the #1

1 rep with the #1.5

5 attempts on the #2.5

5 reps with the T

I think you will get the #2.5 if you rest a few days.

I definitely will. Should I rest a minute or so after each set or just take my time and do all of them consecutively?

hope so, I want to start on the #3. :)

Thanks for the warm up sets, it'll help a lot I'm sure.

Michael

Rest between sets. Also do some body weight squats to get your blood pumping.

Rest between sets. Also do some body weight squats to get your blood pumping.

Will do. Thanks a million or #2.5! :)

Michael

YAY! Just chatted with Gordon via PM and I sent him the cash for the Blob50! I can't wait!

He's shipping it out tomorrow, so Tuesday or Wednesday I'll have it in hand, hopefully! :)

Michael

I can't! hahah but I'll try. ;) I didn't even think about that. Doing negatives on the #3 would help with the #2.5 close. Thanks for pointing that out. What would you recommend for a warm up? 3X10 or so on the #1 or so? I don't want to get burned out to much, but I want to get warmed up well enough. I feel that I'm not warming up enough being scared I'd shot over the point I need to grip at he "warmed up' level.

Thanks Paul. I want to try your Blob50 if I don't get mine before I come visit. ;)

Michael

sounds like you'll have it before you visit - but when you do come over we have 9 different Blobs to play with - all 50lbers

1 Legacy

6 Blob50's

and 2 Yorks

Easiest is the Legacy (unless you do it backwards and then it's the hardest of them all)

next easiest is Eric's Blob50

next is one of the Yorks

then one of Rex's Blob50

then its a toss-up between Casey's and Kevin's Blob50s

then probably the other York

and then another toss-up between my Blob50 and Rex's other Blob50 - however I just painted my Blob50 before the Arnold to try to simulate Wade's and now its the hardest of them all

we can line'em all up if you wanna try a Blob medley :tongue

Michael

sounds like you'll have it before you visit - but when you do come over we have 9 different Blobs to play with - all 50lbers

1 Legacy

6 Blob50's

and 2 Yorks

Easiest is the Legacy (unless you do it backwards and then it's the hardest of them all)

next is one of the Yorks

then one of Rex's Blob50

and then another toss-up between my Blob50 and Rex's other Blob50 - however I just painted my Blob50 before the Arnold to try to simulate Wade's and now its the hardest of them all

Sounds like fun to me! Maybe mine will be tougher. :) So, we will have ten blobs to play with. I am guessing that I won't need another one, since I can build a deloader. I'm glad I bought this 37.5 too, something to warm up with.

Might be able to come see you in few weeks, I'll let you know.

Michael

Edited by mwhities

Michael

1 Legacy

6 Blob50's

and 2 Yorks

next is one of the Yorks

then one of Rex's Blob50

Sounds like fun to me! Maybe mine will be tougher. :) So, we will have ten blobs to play with. I am guessing that I won't need another one, since I can build a deloader. I'm glad I bought this 37.5 too, something to warm up with.

Might be able to come see you in few weeks, I'll let you know.

Michael

If it's a weekend let me know and I'll come over also.

I can bring lots of grippers between 2.5 and 3 and I can bring

my blob50 for a total of 10. I also can bring a 47.5 blob.

When you leave Eric's you'll suffer from information over-load. LOL!

Look forward to meeting you Michael.

Edited by Mighty Joe

however I just painted my Blob50 before the Arnold to try to simulate Wade's and now its the hardest of them all

paul,

what were you trying to simulate about said blob?

rico

If it's a weekend let me know and I'll come over also.

I can bring lots of grippers between 2.5 and 3 and I can bring

my blob50 for a total of 10. I also can bring a 47.5 blob.

When you leave Eric's you'll suffer from information over-load. LOL!

Look forward to meeting you Michael.

It will have to be a weekend. :) #2.5 and #3? I just got to #2.5, I can use anything higher than that! :) *cough*maybe*cough*

That's what I am looking for, I want all the info I can get, techniques, secrets, etc...

Thanks, it'd be great to meet you.

Michael

paul,

rico

I believe Wade's blob is very slick and that is what he was trying to simulate.

however I just painted my Blob50 before the Arnold to try to simulate Wade's and now its the hardest of them all
paul,

rico

I heard that it had been painted with a stove top paint - but I'm not 100% sure - I was just trying to make it as hard as possible because of all the horror stories I heard about his Blob .............. slick, shiny, like trying to pickup a block of ice. So ......... I painted mine with a grill paint (silver) looks pretty Badass - I named it the Sterling Blob - Rex has been the only one to be able to lift it. I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and post here

Like we talked about on Facebook Michael, I think you'll be able to cert the #3 by 2010. Keep squeezing buddy!

How much is the Bar? The plates are 110lbs but I think you should count the bar weight as well with any one arm deadlift. With the Rolling Thunder, Hubgeezer told me you even count the weight of the loading pin, any hook or link you use and the handle itself into your lift. Don't sell yourself short on the weight buddy. :rock

How much is the Bar? The plates are 110lbs but I think you should count the bar weight as well with any one arm deadlift. With the Rolling Thunder, Hubgeezer told me you even count the weight of the loading pin, any hook or link you use and the handle itself into your lift. Don't sell yourself short on the weight buddy. :rock

It's only about 5lbs or so, I'll check it out tomorrow.

I can't wait to get my 3" Crusher from FBBC. I bought the 1" loading pin because of the weights I have, but I just bought 2-45s and 2-35s Olys. I may order the 2" after I see how much I can lift with the 1" loading pin.

Michael

Edited by mwhities

Good job Mike (can I call you mike?). I worked some grippers this evening I'm still a hair away from closing the #2 with my Right but further with my left. I'm still convinced I need to get some RB lefty coiled grippers to train with.

Guest Bullitt

Nice work on the deadlifts. make sure the pipe doesn't slide mid lift. lol You look like you could handle more weight pretty easy.