Matt's Grip Log

Cannon

Thanks, Ben! We'll see how it goes.

I just hit the corporate gym on my lunch break and did a moderate upper-body workout, with some upper back work. It really felt good and normal. I tried not to go GONZO, but wanted to get a decent workout as kind of a test. We'll see how I feel tomorrow :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• ewokhugo

• mbcx6pmw

• Teemu I

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo, I will take a video so we can see where I'm at. I have not done an MMS attempt in a while, so this could be interesting.

I'm going to set it back to a perfect 1/4" mount for the attempt. I was playing with the mount a while ago because I wanted a gripper to hit 155 on the calibration.

We'll see!

Workout this weekend with lukeamdman. More here.

1. Workout
  2. 2006 #3 149lb, attempts x3, all misses, one only missed by a hair!
  3. Attempts on HG300, HG350, BBSM, all misses.
  4. HUBs, actual plates, 35lbs, 35+5lbs PR!, 45 miss, should have tried a negative!
  5. IM HUB, not counting pin and HUB, 45 was easy, 55 miss, should have tried 50.
  6. BBE severe negative
  7. Secret Weapon, 45lbs warm up, 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs.

Didn't get to vBar, RT, or pinch block. Luke did some plate pinches, but I sat out on that. Overall, with all the lifting of the calibration weight, I pushed it with my back, but feel good today. Just a little sore, kind of in a good way. I'll take it easy and hit another grip workout probably Wednesday.

Yeah, I'm really happy with that. I think I can nail the 45 pretty quickly. My left is pretty even too, so I think I can get a double 45 as soon as I'm able to lift them at all.

By the way... Luke and I are "racing" to the MM1. We'll see how that goes :)

i can see u guys are having fun! its great to have a training partner(a good one):-))

hurry up ... my mm1 will arrive one of these days ...

I started typing this workout a few times and it had a real "boo hoo" attitude, so I started over.

1. Grip Workout
  2. #1 x10
  3. #2 x1
  4. MM1 attempts x4, decent
  5. 149 #3 attempts x3, decent, all misses
  6. #4 negs x6, couldn't hold as long as I liked, bothered my back
  7. Secret Weapon negs x2, 70lbs, 80lbs
  8. IM HUB, 35lbs x2

I had big plans for this workout and it just didn't pan out. Nothing felt good and my back is limiting what I can do.

One highlight is that my #4 arrived from Pexter. It's a 2004, black spring, double stamp. I was really hoping for a #4 in the 200lb range and I think this will calibrate around there. It's perfect. I can actually set the gripper, which surprised me. Not a parallel set, but a set.

Otherwise :mellow I'm thinking I just need to take some time off. I'm not getting anywhere with my back. It seems to go in cycles, but never quite gets there. I just feel like I want to get my body in shape so I can push new limits on grippers.

:)

Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's obvious that you have the drive and will to excel. For most people, your strength is their weakness. You can't do anything about injury's but give it time.

Injury's suck!

Matt: after u went to the doc what did he said?

whats kind of back prob do u have??

#4 x 6 reps its excellent!

time off: be sure to take a lot of sleep , eat well and take sun if possible:-)

I've been doing lots of stuff and trying to make a few changes. Resting has not helped, so I'm in rebuild mode with my back and general fitness. I actually feel really good right lately.

I've done a few workouts, but didn't log them. Here is the workout today:

1. Grip Work
  2. IM HUB, 35, 45, 45, 50, 50 miss. Took a video of the 50lbs, which is a PR.
  3. 3.23 2005 #3 in a choker at parallel x5, explode against the handles, force in for a crush ~7secs
  4. Double-Filed BBSM, overcrushes x5, ~7 secs. Maybe a 2.6-ish gripper.

On the HUB lift, I know my loading is a bit tall, but it's homemade. 50lbs does not count the hub and pin.

Felt pretty good. :)

Nice! I suggest that if you want do any sort of pinching (such as hub lifts) within the same workout as you do choker closes, do the choker closes first.

Matt; seems u found the right path!

your training looks intense and very focused!

congrats!

Edited by ewokhugo