• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• ewokhugo

• mbcx6pmw

• Teemu I

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job on the MM1 replica. You will get the real thing with the extra adrenaline that goes with a certification. Let me know if you need a witness, we can set something up.

Yeah nice work on the hub, 45lbs is no joke, especially if you haven't trained it much.

And well done on the #3!

Thanks, everyone!

I have sanded the paint a little because the HUB was so slick it was worthless. I couldn't even HUB 25lbs.

It's still smooth, just not painted with that nasty oil slick anymore. Made a world of difference :)

Decided to do some TUG work tonight.

Started with a RIDICULOUS attempt at a double TUG close. Just having fun. Had the TUG6 on top and the TUG5 on the bottom. Had to force the TUG5 shut and couldn't hold them shut for the life of me. Little bit of fun. >>PHOTO<<

1. TUG WORKOUT
  2. TUG5, 10 xIM, 10 xRP, 10 xMR
  3. TUG6, 5 xIM, 5xRP (forced singles), 5 xMR (inverted)
  4. TUG5, 40 xIM, 15 xPR (quick singles, but reset each time), 35 xMR (inverted, had to reset a couple of times)

Wiped out!

That double IMTUG close is surprisingly hard feat to do with #5 and #6, I've been doing them a bit too. :)

Edited by Teemu I

Teemu, I bet you're good for a Tug7 on top and Tug6 on bottom..? :D

1. Grip Workout
  2. #1 xbunch
  3. #2 x1
  4. MM1 attempts x3, not much there, just for fun
  5. Secret Weapon, BTR holds, 70lbs x10, held ~7secs give or take
  6. Some levering, front, back, side to side

The focus was really the Secret Weapon holds. Good hard work. I'll feel it tomorrow!

u are in the zone Matt!

its obvious u are enjoying your training big time!!

congrats for trying different grip exercices to increase power avoid boredon and set some PR!:-)

So, Acorn was nice enough to calibrate two of my #3s so that I could better understand the calibrations I'm getting on my RGC. I was happy to find the results even though the grippers are lighter than what I thought.

The #3 I just closed calibrated at 149# where I had calibrated it at 155.5#.

The Hard #3 calibrated at 163.5# where I had calibrated it at 169.5#. (Aaron felt this was similar, if not a bit harder than the MM2. Gripperhell average for MM2 dups was 161.73#.)

Good news is that the variation shows my numbers are consistent, just not accurate. About a 6 pound difference in both cases. To fix the accuracy thing, I am 99% sure that once I get around to weighing my weights I will expose the difference in poundage. (Like a plate that I counted as 45#, but it's only 43# in reality, and so forth down the line.)

Other good news is that I may actually be closer to the MM1 than I thought. I only say this because it seemed like a bit of a jump from my average #3 to my MM1 replica. But now I know that my average #3 IS average and my MM1 replica (in it's current setup) is almost as hard as the MM2.

So my course of action here is to 1) Weight my weights, then 2) adjust my MM1 replica until it calibrates at about 155lbs. When I close that with some consistency, I'll sign up. (At Gripperhell, the MM1 Dups averaged 153.75#.)

Thanks Acorn!

I'll just bring my grippers up after you weight your weights and we will re-calibrate. It wil be easier. You didn't send him that #4? That still means that #4 calibrated to a 4.3+ right?

Sounds good, Chris.

No, I didn't send that nasty #4, but since we got 245lbs, it's probably still in the 235-240 range with the margin of error that Acorn exposed. Which is still a very heavy #4! :blink

#3 at 163lbs is a pretty hard #3 but still easier than actual MM1. I have almost similar #3 at 162 lbs with wide spread, and it felt easier than the true MM1. Gripperhell average for MM1 dups is misleading. Close your hard #3 for a couple of reps and sign up for the MM1 then.

Edited by Teemu I

Ben, yeah, it still feels hard to me :)

Teemu, thanks for the advice! I will probably err on the side of waiting too long. I'm not afraid to fail, but I want to set myself up for success.

Griparn, I'm not sure about the spread on the 163# 3. Acorn is shipping it back so I will check it when it gets back. Wider grippers tend feel harder because there is resistence through a greater range of motion. It probably doesn't affect the calibration, though, since that number is really just pounds when the gripper is shut.

Hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) I will get my workout in tonight. I've been derailed two nights in a row by other responsibilities. All good things, but I still hate to delay the workouts. :D

Another good workout tonight. Probably one of the worst (as in, best) set of negatives I've ever done.

1. Grippers
  2. #1 x10
  3. #2 x4, plus another NS close
  4. MM1, in a choker at 3/4", 5 attempts, all around 1/8", forced shut
  5. BBE Severe Negs x10, held ~7ish seconds, lots of intensity, just brutal
  6. Some pony thumbs

So, in general, I don't think I'm doing enough work. I never really have aches and pains, and I don't feel like I'm anywhere near overtraining. I'm not saying I want aches and pains, but I think I could push a little harder is all. I am going to add a 3rd day here for a while and see if I can stir up some gains.

You have a training log! Gonna have to go back and read through it...

Also, hi Matt! :rock

(just noticed his post)

Short workout on Saturday. Cut short because we had to take my daughter to the ER. She's 100% okay, though :)

1. Grip
  2. #1, bunch of singles, worked on form
  3. #2, more work on form
  4. MM1 attempts x4, nothing special, but more work on form and setting.
  5. Secret Weapon Holds/Negs, 80lbs x5, held 7-10secs, ended up with some nice marks from these.
  6. Pinch block, 35lbs x1, then off to the ER!

I call the Secret Weapon workout Holds/Negs because 80lbs is right on the limit of what I can hold, so towards the end of the reps and especially the end of the set, they looked more like negs.

Skipped my workout because my back is completely out again. I think from just doing some very light organizing in the garage this weekend, which is really disappointing. It was not much work, and I even wore a brace :angry:

When standing, I look the the Elephant Man. Visibly crooked and twisted.

So, we'll see how this goes, but I might be headed back to the DR.

Back is feeling a bit better. Still very tender and some numbness in my feet and right hip, however. Nobody seems concerned, so I'm not either. :dry

Did a TUG workout twice yesterday. Lots of reps, every which way, with the TUG5 and TUG6. Just trying to use my hands and keep things rolling.

I'm hoping to feel comfortable really exerting myself tomorrow. I hope to do some negs while sitting down. :D

Back is feeling a bit better. Still very tender and some numbness in my feet and right hip, however. Nobody seems concerned, so I'm not either. :dry

Did a TUG workout twice yesterday. Lots of reps, every which way, with the TUG5 and TUG6. Just trying to use my hands and keep things rolling.

I'm hoping to feel comfortable really exerting myself tomorrow. I hope to do some negs while sitting down. :D

Hope your back is 100% soon, a back injury really limits what you can do. I'm concerned about the foot numbness, may indicate some sciatic nerve involvement/some type of disc issue: I'd get it checked out for sure.

Glad your daughter is well.

edit: Just read what Bob wrote, I missed the part about numbness reading your post Matt. Bob is right, you should get it checked. Have you had MRI-pics taken of your back and analyzed by a good doctor?

Edited by Teemu I

The numbness can indicate a lot of things, even diabetes, so please see a good Dr.