Matt's Grip Log

Cannon

Thanks, Paul :rock

My biggest gripper lefty is probably an EASY #3 I would rate at about 2.7ish. I've never closed my rb240n lefty, but came EXTREMELY close on Saturday. I suck at setting grippers lefty so the sets tend to be a bit wider. I often wonder if my left would actually be my stronger hand if I could just get it coordinated as well as my right.

Thanks for the advice too. I'll do negs first.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• ewokhugo

• mbcx6pmw

• Teemu I

Top Posters In This Topic

well done Matt!

your rb240 n its rated at 2.8 , so its more like a rb 260!:-)

grippers first before R.T , the opposite wont be much different, but i favor grippers first!

grippers before RT i agree with hugo but don't push the RT to much i find that loads of really heavy RT work (max singles) kills your max grippers whereas moderate RT work helps.

there are at least 2 positions do the the R.t , elisabeth horne did it in the "first" position and the other position its holding like u are doing "hammer curls". i started doing teh 1st but now i like the 2nd the most.

Matt its time to become a mash monster, have an interview and so on ...

HUGO! I'll make it happen, no doubt. Here is my 2006 #3 attempt from Saturday that was pretty close. I'm a terrible judge of how close and the video isn't crystal clear, but that's part of the reason why I taped it. I need to get a good video come time for the MM1.

Also, finally got to my Tuesday workout last night:

1. Grip Workout
  2. #1 x10
  3. Filed #2 Overcrushes x5
  4. BBE severe negs x5
  5. Rolling Thunder 115lbs x5, 105 x5, probably went a little too heavy
  6. Wrist curls, 95lbs x5, 2 sets

I alternated the overcrushes and negatives. I really tried to hit them hard. Scared-the-cat-with-my-face hard. :)

Thanks, Neil :rock

I got them done, but I was shooting for something in the 10 rep range. Still a decent workout at any rate.

it was a great close matt; much wider than parallel! 3.09 ? its a hard one!

try create variety try some HOLDS in your R.T training:-)

Thanks, Hugo. If you like that vid, you'll like the one I got tonight even better! I got a near miss on the 3.09 #3. Very close, I think! The video is still processing at Goodle Video, so I'll add the link tomorrow.

1. Grippers
  2. #1 x5, speedy singles
  3. #2 x2, speedy singles
  4. 2006 #3, 4 attempts, second and third were VERY close. I thought one was closed until I looked at the video.
  5. Secret Weapon negs, 90lbs x3, 80lbs x3
  6. Tug work. Hightlight was 10 reps with Tug5 with right RP. Huge PR there.

I'll get that vid up ASAP. :rock EDIT: Added link.

Edited by Cannon

many congratalations MATT!

waw! its was a great close!! probably 0.5 mm missing? it was almost perfect!

i ordered Rb 240 , i am very close to kill him , its easier than my #3.

my #3 its a beast , how can i learn to calibrate it??

it can be done at home? i may go to my gym if necessary.

Thanks, Hugo and Acorn! I'll get it soon!

Hugo, here is a thread about the redneck gripper calibrator.

No training for me this week. My entire family got violently ill from a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. Finally, today I can get out of bed. Yuck. I wouldn't wish a stomach virus on my worst enemy.

Matt: i wish u a fast recovery!

this device its very interesting, i dont think i have the "know how" to create one:-(

i was surprised with 2k06 COC#3 rating ... because its rated at 3.21(same AS mm1)

mine #3 its so hard , i brought about 1 year ago ... squeezing my brand new rb240 its much easier then triyng to pass parallel with my #3:-( i wish i have one easy #3 to try MM0! i have lots of work to do!

I believe the training u are doing with negatives its the KEY to achieve faster results! i u are almost there(mm1)!

Matt: i wish u a fast recovery!

this device its very interesting, i dont think i have the "know how" to create one:-(

i was surprised with 2k06 COC#3 rating ... because its rated at 3.21(same AS mm1)

mine #3 its so hard , i brought about 1 year ago ... squeezing my brand new rb240 its much easier then triyng to pass parallel with my #3:-( i wish i have one easy #3 to try MM0! i have lots of work to do!

I believe the training u are doing with negatives its the KEY to achieve faster results! i u are almost there(mm1)!

Keep working, Hugo! You'll get there. Don't worry about your #3 being hard or otherwise. The calibrations can be useful to plan your training and your goals, but once you close your #3 that is the real prize. And if it turns out to be a hard gripper, then you are just that much closer to the MM1. A difficult gripper is a good thing. When you get it closed, you'll know you can close any #3 in your way.

Still not 100% from the illness. But I did manage a small workout on Saturday:

1. Grip Workout
  2. #1 x10
  3. #2 x3, singles
  4. #3 attempts x3, not very close
  5. BBE negs x4, as intense as possible
  6. Filed #2 overcrushes x4, alternated with the BBE negs

So, the only thing to do here is a HUGE set of SW negatives on Tuesday. If I feel like I can push through those even if I'm weak otherwise. I'll also try and do some RT.

congrats for your efforts! your desire its HUGE, u are VERY close MAtt(mm1)!

Thanks, HUGO!

Tuesday workout should happen tonight. I forgot that I had hockey tickets. Fun night!

I have to say energy is still down overall from being sick. Spirits are up, though, and I really just wanted to work hard:

1. Grip Workout
  2. #1 x 10
  3. Filed #2 x10
  4. RB240n x4, 1 miss, 3 closes
  5. Secret Weapon Negs x6, 80lbs, did a 7th rep but it sucked
  6. Rolling Thunder 80lbs x10, 3 sets