Brent's Log

barbe705

wednesday 7.28.09

mms grippers

3x1 coc #3 left. first was a close. rest were close.

3x1 #3 right. close plus over crush.

2hp

170# 6x1 backloaded.

wrist roller 3 sets 70#

face levers 3x3 12# hammer. these are still really unstable.

supersetted

wrist ext on barx15, tns rb180left, 210 right, vbar swings x10 50#.

the grippers were too much at the end in super sets. need to back up a little.

Brent could you bring your new FBBC grippers with you on Saturday?

I'll get them packed up tonight. plan on certing on the 5x.

Brent

saturday august 1 09

drove 5 hours to Jedds to train. did some grippers, 2hp, hubs, block weights, odds and ends. I had wanted to spend some time on the 2hp trying to figure out a width but, by the time I started to think about it the skin on my thumbs was killing me. I got some really good lifts on the old york hubs. by the time I tried the double hub on those I was a little bit too far gone. One of the highlights was pulling a hub off of the v-bar

Jedd"dude, you can't lift that, Chad couldn't even float it."

then I pulled it to my knees.

all around a good trip.

Guest Bullitt
saturday august 1 09

drove 5 hours to Jedds to train. did some grippers, 2hp, hubs, block weights, odds and ends. I had wanted to spend some time on the 2hp trying to figure out a width but, by the time I started to think about it the skin on my thumbs was killing me. I got some really good lifts on the old york hubs. by the time I tried the double hub on those I was a little bit too far gone. One of the highlights was pulling a hub off of the v-bar

all around a good trip.

Awesome stuff Brent!

saturday august 1 09

all around a good trip.

Brent was freaky strong on the old Yorks by the hub. He lifted them with his fingertips in the the most true clawgrip I've seen and level throughout the lift :bow

monday was a crappy day at work and I ended up quiting my workout during the grippers. then I got bored and ended up crawling around my roof taring the box gutters. so, I didn't get rest like I had planned to.

august 5th 09

crappy pinch portion. otherwise good.

mms coc#3 left were all near misses. right was all overcrush.

I thought left would have been stronger since I missed monday. but, I have had a very crappy week at work.

2hp 170# backloaded. 10x1. bunch of misses bunch of hits. I should have had them all.

3 sets of wrist roller 75#. felt good, time to move up the weight.

face lever with 12# sledge to fail. 3/4/2 left, 3/5/2 right. these have gotten much better. I guess if you train a lift you get better at it. who knew?

wrist ext 3x20. didn't make it to 20 on the 2nd and 3rd.

nos sets on my #2. 5x1. pretty bad after the wrist ext. didn't allow much time for rest.

Those old Yorks are no joke. I never got them off the mat. Brent did them a few times.

Those old Yorks are no joke. I never got them off the mat. Brent did them a few times.

on the other hand you were TNS'ing grippers that I couldn't close.

with any luck I'll be able to make it over that way again soon.

saturday august 1 09

all around a good trip.

Brent was freaky strong on the old Yorks by the hub. He lifted them with his fingertips in the the most true clawgrip I've seen and level throughout the lift :bow

Yes, take note that Brent did this with the standard, conventional claw grip, not the cheat grip that i use. Before that day, the only people I had ever seen lift these yorks with the conventional grip were Steve McGranahan, Josh Dale and Brendan Dwyer, out of hundreds who have tried. I took those with me to the World Series of Grip that we used to do and they never left the ground with hundreds of people trying.

I actually managed to lift one the day Brent came up with the conventional grip too, but this was the very first time ever. These sloped York hubs are TOUGH and Brent is talented to be able to do it.

saturday august 8 2009

mms grippers 3x1 coc #3. none closes either hand. I hand done sled work in the morning with the thick handles. normally I do sled work on sunday but, this weekend got turned around a little.

weaver to rear 3x1. 6.25+pin+st croix ultra lite. I think I can add another shoe next week. they seem to be about half of my 1.25 plate. maybe less.

1hp 10x1 70#. for some reason my one hand pinch has dropped way off. these were not easy at all at the end. I really need to stick with these for a while if I want the 2x45's.

DO hit another 7"x1/4 square. went fast, kink was weak. I only have a couple of pieces of square left. I think the plan is to hit a 7" and a cut piece for the next couple of weeks and then it will be gone. hopefully by then I'll be ready for bastards since, I think that's the next stock I have.

DU. 3 60d nails. did one galvanized as well. the gal. bowed rather than bent. I guess I need to start cutting some things down so I can move on to bigger stock with this style. I've been stalled here forever.

tns grippers. tried 3x1 rb180 both hands. I think it went to parallel. hands were tender and tired by this point.

2x10 20# blob hammer curls

2x20 alternating v-bar swings 60#.

monday august 10 09

cheat closes+overcrush on extended handle RB300. this has never been used at all, so it's really stiff. I think by the end of the month it will loosen up some.

45# block plus 5# 5x1. did 1 10#+ and missed on 2 others during these sets.

50# 5x1. couldn't get the 55 to lock out

2hp 5x1 167.5#. felt hard after all of the block work

front levers 5x5 6.25#. little sloppy, need to go another week or so before increasing the weight.

rear weaver 5x1 6.25#+horseshoe.

club rotations 3x5 5#. these feel extremely solid and controlled these days.

my pinch isn't close to where it was before last gripmas. I need to go back and see what I was doing differently. I think the big thing was to start every workout with pinch instead of grippers.

august 12th 09 wednesday

crappy day at work. I think I brought some of it home with me.

mms coc#3 miss by a little, close, miss by a little left, right were all closes with over crush.

2hp 170# backloaded. wanted to do 10x1 on this. after 2 half lifts I took it to 167.5 for 5. still felt weak too quickly.

3 sets of wrist roller 75#. forgot to move up the weight.

face lever with 12# did one each hand and called it a night. just feeling too tired to do something like this.

wrist ext 3x20. some very big pauses to make it to 20.

I'm going to take a little break and them I'm going to walk my little blobs down to the park and back. I hope this isn't a bad idea.

august 12th 09 wednesday

crappy day at work. I think I brought some of it home with me.

mms coc#3 miss by a little, close, miss by a little left, right were all closes with over crush.

2hp 170# backloaded. wanted to do 10x1 on this. after 2 half lifts I took it to 167.5 for 5. still felt weak too quickly.

3 sets of wrist roller 75#. forgot to move up the weight.

face lever with 12# did one each hand and called it a night. just feeling too tired to do something like this.

wrist ext 3x20. some very big pauses to make it to 20.

I'm going to take a little break and them I'm going to walk my little blobs down to the park and back. I hope this isn't a bad idea.

didn't make it to the park. I only got to the first speedtrap line. took about 20minutes round trip. with very small breaks.

this has never bmonday august 17 09

cheat closes+overcrush on extended handle RB300.

45# block plus 5# 5x1. did +10# on 2 in the middle that were half way up. they did not count towards the total.

50# 5x1. couldn't get the 55 to lock out

2hp 5x1 170#

front levers 5x5 6.25#. will be the last planned workout at this weight. of course, I will forget to move it up.

rear weaver 5x1 6.25#+horseshoe. 7.25# right hand. this is a real comp lift, hand and arm away from body.

club rotations 3x5 5#.

did a diamond pl to 180 degrees and a st croix ultra lite 0 to a heart. whole workout was done paul knight style.

skipped wed. workout.

saturday 22 09 august

3x1 mms coc#3

weaver to rear 5x1 5# plus pin

DU 7"x1/4" round

6"x1/4" round

7"x1/4" hex

DO 7x1/4 hex

7"x1/4" square

6"x1/4" square

bastard bar. in about 2 minutes. so, I'm now back to the high point of my bending career. I plan to stick with it and start cutting these down over the next couple of weeks.

drop passes with 40# block. 3 sets to fail.

Edited by barbe705

Sean and I missed you at the HG today - I thought you would be there - hope everything is all right!

I feel the need to brag on myself - I FLIPPED MY FIRST CABER TODAY - actually got a 12 - 11 - 12 for three in a row and a win in the event - Woo Hoo! Oh and you can look me up on NASGA too but it's not worth the trouble hehe!

I feel the need to brag on myself - I FLIPPED MY FIRST CABER TODAY - actually got a 12 - 11 - 12 for three in a row and a win in the event - Woo Hoo! Oh and you can look me up on NASGA too but it's not worth the trouble hehe!

I haven't thrown since beltane. I'm just insane busy this summer. It looks like I'm done for the year as well. I hope to get my act together a little bit better for next year.

Hey, search my name on the Nasga rankings.

That is all.

how the hell did you end up throwing with the c's at saline?

First games so I just entered with the C's and sent a message to the folks running it stating my case... no response. Whatever. Would have won the B's and got like 5thish in the A's. Bet they'll hear me out next time.

You do a bit of AWing don'tcha?

You were missed at the hg today. I turned my first caber as well. I hope you get healed up.