Irish Strength

MalachiMcMullen

Did some bench. Class schedule has my regular lifting schedule all a tizzy, so I haven't been pressing like a used to. Of course, I used to do some decent OHP too, that's a bit harder to do at the moment :rolleyes

OHDBPress strict

75x5/5

Bench

135x10

155x10

175x10

205x5

225x3(this and the 245 were wide grip)

245x1

205x3

135x5 CG

135x10 Wide grip

Some pullups and done.

Did some bench. Class schedule has my regular lifting schedule all a tizzy, so I haven't been pressing like a used to. Of course, I used to do some decent OHP too, that's a bit harder to do at the moment :rolleyes

OHDBPress strict

75x5/5

Bench

135x10

155x10

175x10

205x5

225x3(this and the 245 were wide grip)

245x1

205x3

135x5 CG

135x10 Wide grip

Some pullups and done.

Nice OHDBPs!

Nice OHDBPs!

It was just a one DB press for now. I'm not sure if I should do 2DB presses yet, but I hope sometime soon. Those were my favorite pressing movement.

Alright, I've given in to society! I'm tired of being JUST out of range of a visible six pack. I've decided I want one. I still can't lift as heavy as I'd like to for the next few weeks, but I'll be able to gradually go up in weight.

Problem. I have no idea how to lose bf%. I used to have a few things bookmarked here and there about nutrition and a proper diet, but I like food far too much to count what I eat. I will, however, be taking a suggestion Chris Rice made awhile ago and I'll be writing what I eat each day... starting tomorrow :blush That should at least get me to realize any obvious flaws in my diet(I'm aware of quite a few already, perhaps writing it down and seeing my goal next to it will help me make better decisions?). I don't want to lose weight overall as I'm just gaining it all back after my ACL recon, just drop bf%. I don't care if it happens in 8 weeks or 52, I just don't want to compromise my strength too much. Any suggestions? I'm going to be starting back up with my 24kg KB starting tonight, just did a few swings/snatches/complexes/etc.

Guest Bullitt

Alright, I've given in to society! I'm tired of being JUST out of range of a visible six pack. I've decided I want one. I still can't lift as heavy as I'd like to for the next few weeks, but I'll be able to gradually go up in weight.

Problem. I have no idea how to lose bf%. I used to have a few things bookmarked here and there about nutrition and a proper diet, but I like food far too much to count what I eat. I will, however, be taking a suggestion Chris Rice made awhile ago and I'll be writing what I eat each day... starting tomorrow :blush That should at least get me to realize any obvious flaws in my diet(I'm aware of quite a few already, perhaps writing it down and seeing my goal next to it will help me make better decisions?). I don't want to lose weight overall as I'm just gaining it all back after my ACL recon, just drop bf%. I don't care if it happens in 8 weeks or 52, I just don't want to compromise my strength too much. Any suggestions? I'm going to be starting back up with my 24kg KB starting tonight, just did a few swings/snatches/complexes/etc.

Sell out. Next thing you know we'll be seeing you on the cover of Men's Health. :tongue

Kettlebell swings and a good diet should be enough at your age.

I've had an 8 pack for years. Lost it a bit when I got in the 215ish range, but I'm more cut up now @185-190 than I've ever been. Tons of running and rucksack marches, push-pull-situps, core training up the whazoo (ab wheel, dragonflies, jackhammers, etc), and normal lifting complete with a good diet keep me here. You're young - it should be easy for you

I used to have an 8 pack when I was 12.5% bf. I want it back! It bugs me because you can see that I have some large abs even in not-so great light, but there's no definition. I've never carried much fat, so I don't suspect it'll take too long to achieve to my satisfaction. I really just want to do it so I can say I did it and know how to repeat if I ever want to again later in life.

Wow, I'm down to 184lbs today. Crazy. I feel strong right now too, that's the weird part. Anywho, I did some standard cardio-bunny BS today and will do more KB complexes tonight. I'm trying to find a complex I really like and can combine with the ladder concept as I understand it.

Beyond that boring crap, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast and a bowl of instant oatmeal with some brown sugar sprinkled in. Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

Did 5x5 with 225 in box squats today. Very easy but I'm trying to save myself up for some bigger weights in the next few weeks when the docs and PTs give me the all clear.

I did some 2HP and some one handed axle pulls too. Worked up to 160 for a few iffy reps either hand.

2HP-54mm(though I think mine actually measures 52mm)

150x1

160x1

170x1

180x1

190x2 singles

180x5 singles

195xhover

170x5 singles

Subtract 9lbs from everything and that's what I thought I was working with. I weighed out the whole setup loaded to what I thought was 181 with the same plates I used when I did 2 singles with it. The scale said 190.4lbs. For those observant few who think ahead of what they read, I weighed myself at 184 only minutes after I pulled 190 for 2 singles. I've been close to a BW pull for awhile, pulling 160ish at 170ish BW and about the same percentage at 190. I just had to drop a bit of fattness.

190x2 singles

180x5 singles

195xhover

170x5 singles

NICE WORK THERE ZACH!!!

190x2 singles

180x5 singles

195xhover

170x5 singles

NICE WORK THERE ZACH!!!

Thanks man! I periodically have sessions that go this well, then dozens of sessions between them that end in me not pulling over 160. I'm not used to writing my 2HP down to be honest. Never ended up remembering to do it but I'm going to make an effort to document my grip-specific training from here on out. This was, by far, my best pinch session ever too and not just because of the BW thing, that's coincidental.

I did some KB swings up to 100 total and messed around with a new complex I think I will continue: Swing, clean, C&P, snatch, overhead squat. Just tested it out today, will work up the ladder to 5 tomorrow... hopefully :)

Oh, and I had 4 cookies earlier :)

2 bowls of a healthy cereal and hopefully some Bennigan's chicken tonight. Nobody makes chicken like a good ole-fashioned gay amish guy from Ann Arbor.

Did 5 minutes on a bike at a slightly increased pace. I'm going to dispense with the cardio and KB for tonight and tomorrow. It's kicked my ass these past 3 days.

Deadlifts(OLY bar)

315x5

325x5

325x5

325x5

345x5

These felt amazing. My knee was a bit wobbly during the 345, so it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but at least they all felt easy aside from taking extra caution off the floor. 1 1/2 weeks from now is when my doc and PT's said I could lift heavy heavy again, so I was a bit more brave today. Feels good to have the torso ache after a solid set of deads. Form was rock solid too. Haven't lost much :)

Did some KB swings up to 100 total and 50 snatches total last night. I can't see myself doing the same thing with my KB every night, but I will try to gradually increase the intensity. I'm remembering why I love/hate these damned things. I have a poorer quality brand, so the handle has a nice ridge on the underside of the handle. I could shave it down and probably will someday, but I forgot about it until quite recently. Ouch. I'll do all of my sets with a handtowel wrapped around the handle to save my skin.

I had 2 bowls of cereal and a 6" Tuna sub yesterday. Oh, and I had a caramel covered pecan roll that my mom made last night. Delish.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Last night: 100 total snatches and 100 swings all done in sets of 10 with each arm and not all at once.

I had 2 bowls of cereal and a footlong chicken sub.

Some more cardio and KB work from last night. Plus the usual 2 bowls of cereal and some blueberry crunch cake(I might as well have eaten lard... delicious, amazingly delicious, lard).

Today is pretty much the same, 1 bowl of cereal, some oatmeal, an apple and spaghetti tonight.

The usual cardio crap, 200 calories on a treadmill today and I plan on doing more KB work tonight.

Some Assissted OAC's, getting decent at these and some single DBOHP- 65x5/5 70x4/4 75x3/3

I've decided trying to cut BF% is too hard. Does anyone have any supplements that would get me there without me having to work?

2HP

141x1

151x1

161x1

175x1

185x0

175x1

175x5

185xhover

175x1

It gets fuzzy around there. I started to get a thumb tear, so I backed off.

I've decided trying to cut BF% is too hard. Does anyone have any supplements that would get me there without me having to work?

2HP

141x1

151x1

161x1

175x1

185x0

175x1

175x5

185xhover

175x1

It gets fuzzy around there. I started to get a thumb tear, so I backed off.

Zach - staple your lips shut - your bodyfat will go down quite quickly :rolleyes

But guize, I need to look good at the mall.

I had a bowl of cereal, a bagel with nothing on it, a few handfuls of puppy chow and 2 large roast beef sandwhiches from Arby's.

Going to do some KB work in a bit here.

You need more help than I thought.

In the morning 4 mcd's breakfasts

eat chinese food for 45 mins straight for lunch

attack the pizza for dinner!

Plus ice cream throughout....

You need more help than I thought.

In the morning 4 mcd's breakfasts

eat chinese food for 45 mins straight for lunch

attack the pizza for dinner!

Plus ice cream throughout....

I tend to eat pretty fast, should I slow it down to reach 45 minutes or just eat a lot more to fill the time?

Did some random 2HP today. We were moving stuff into the shop, so I only had a few minutes and I didn't want to make my thumb tears any worse. I purposely used a slipped-grip to avoid further tearing. I managed 141x20. I had a lot more in me and each rep went up pretty easy with several quick triples in the mix. I kind of liked doing the 20 rep thing more than if I had gone for heavy weight. I think that's how I'll train until Gripmas. Do heavy 2HP until I get a tear or a slight tear and then just work on reps until my webs heal up.

I also did 100 KB snatches tonight. I've been slacking on the writing shit down here and the KB work in general. I just can't stand "cardio" without some kind of strength element.

Did 100kb snatches today. Played with my blobs also. I'm not at my strongest, but I'm getting better.