Are Weak Men Allowed To Post Routines!?

lifesnotfair

Gratz on the PRs, I only manage 2 chinups with 45lbs yesterday, VERY DISSAPOINTED. I think I'll get the triple digit chin in no more than 6 weeks. I think at might weight a triple digit chin with get me very close to a one arm chinup, I just don't want to gain to much weight.

Do you know how much you squat? oh wait that's the crossfit WOD and deadlifts the next, say goodbye to your legs :rock.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lifesnotfair

• Scott Styles

• superfeemiman

• Teemu I

You either train the weighted chins a lot, or mak

e faaast gains brother!! I wont train weighted chins like I said, I just expect the crossfit workouts to make me overall stronger and next time I do them, I lift more! .. Chins and weighted chins are one of my fav. exercises though, so maybe eventually, once I don't feel so drained from CF workouts by themselves, I might add a set of weighted chins here and there every week, who knows. I don't expect another 20# PR next time I do them though, it was a shock to get such a big PR even with elbow pain. And to answer your question about my squatting:

General Warm-up (includes 2x10 OHS with oly bar.....) then:

Squat:

warm-up: 65x3, 95x3, 125x3, 145x3

Work sets: 175x3, 185x3, 190x3, 195x3 ... and the last set: 200x5 - ???

I have no idea how this happened, as the previous sets with 190 and 195 felt somewhat hard. The third rep with 200 felt hard, but I had one of my favourite songs playing on my laptop, I took about 2-3 big breathes, and cranked a 4th tough rep... another couple of breaths, and a 5th rep, easier than the fourth. This was surely unexpected. I don't think my form was perfect, but I was going way below parallel and my back wasn't rounding. I am not sure if my knees drifted forward a little bit more than I wanted to, though.

I'm having a tough time eating proper food lately... I go nuts some times of the day and eat crap food, it's like a desease!!! Like today, my stomach felt full already, felt big and stretched, but I went and bought two more things and ate them... sugary stuff. No good. :( ... BW must be about 170, but I insist I have the musculature of a 150 man, heh, just with all the fat in my midsection. Argh. At least it's nice to see some lifts go up. I will be happy if I pull some good numbers tomorrow.

Gratz on the PR, I set a squat and deadlift pr on Thursday actually. 187x3 on squats (was aiming for 5, but PR none the less) and 242x1 on deadlift.

And yes, I train weighted chins a lot, 3 times a week, hehe, they're such fun, nothing feel better that picking up a big weight of the floor, whether its hanging off me, one a barbell on the floor, or on my back, its one of the greatest things you can do :rock

jad: thanks!! I was thinking the same thing when I got the PP!! Even though I had loaded 25's and smaller plates, in my mind I was lifting the 45's in each side, LOL.. next time I do them for sure, since now I know I can get it, I'll load the bar with them :)

ginroth: how much do you weight dude?

Warmups, then:

Deadlift: 135x3, 165x3, 195x3, 215x2

Working sets: 235x3, 240x3, 245x3, 250x3, 255x1 - :( .. I actually rested ~7 seconds and got a second rep, but I had to sacrifice a little bit of the lumbar curve.. and failed a third rep since I tried to be stricter. But the one rep at 255 was good, seeing the video... slow as hell, but good. Not too happy to be honest, oh well. Used DO grip with chalk in all sets, grip was not an issue luckily (but it's not a piece of cake to hold onto either, yet).

DB bench press. First time I do any type of bench press in many, many months.. since surgery, I only tried once, several weeks ago, and I felt a weird pain so I didn't do them. Anyways, I tried today just to see if it hurt, and it didn't, so I kept adding weight.

33x8, 43x8, 53x8, 58x8 .. cleaned the dumbells and settled them down on the floor by myself in all sets. Was scared of doing the 10# increase in the last set, hence the 58# and not 63# .. considering my best ever, a year and a half ago when I was just starting to lift, was 70x5 ... I have regained much of my bench pressing strength, it would seem, without even benching. Cool. I need to up my pressing badly!! I did this because next workout (in 2 days) will have bench press, and I wanted to know if I could do it or not.. now I have an idea of what I can do. Oh, I turned my palms to face each other at the top of the press, but regular grip (like if it was a barbell) at the very bottom. Lowered all the way until handle (not plates) touched my chest.

Then I worked on developing the L-sit.

Off the finger tips, 10 secs off 2 blocks; 10 secs off 1 block; then 10 secs off 1 block but with palms flat on them. The blocks are only about 1.5" tall so I thought I could do it off the floor... Fingers not used to hold my entire weight, was very painful to them!! Need to work this often to get them used to the beating. So I went for it, L-sit on fingertips, no blocks... held it for 7 seconds, my weight shifted backwards a bit and I fell. This is somewhat of a PR I guess. After this, I did 10 knees-to-elbows (more like knees-to-forearms!), and 2x10 hanging leg raises. I now seem to lift them a bit higher than before. Still not easy, but better than before, not a hassle to keep knees locked anymore or anything. I would like to be able to perform "toes to bar" someday (strict, with knees locked, self-explanatory name for this exercise). The KTE's burnt more in the abs than the hanging leg raise.

I weight 137 pounds. (I'm only 5'5" and 14 years old though)

I wish I had gotten interested in strength and health at your age! Today (september 7th) I turn 25 years old. I reckon my life would be very different if I were eating properly and doing the compound lifts for the past 11 years. Instead, only three years ago I was a 250 pound weak and fat guy who never worked out in his life. It's never too late though! :)

If you're 14 I reckon you have a lot of growing to do! You'll be a monster in a couple of years if you keep it up and do things right! :rock

I weight 137 pounds. (I'm only 5'5" and 14 years old though)

I wish I had gotten interested in strength and health at your age! Today (september 7th) I turn 25 years old. I reckon my life would be very different if I were eating properly and doing the compound lifts for the past 11 years. Instead, only three years ago I was a 250 pound weak and fat guy who never worked out in his life. It's never too late though! :)

If you're 14 I reckon you have a lot of growing to do! You'll be a monster in a couple of years if you keep it up and do things right! :rock

Haha, I'm just trying to get freakishly strong, I'm currently at a decent level, there's hardly anyone in my grade stronger than me, and the ones who are are all 6' tall, puberty got to them first. In a couple of years, I WILL BE A BEAST, I'm going to be stronger and faster than Ivar, and I want let anyone or anything stop me. My motivation comes from all around me, anyone I see doing something I can't or want to do gets me going, when I see a gymnast do a front lever or an athlete jump over his own head, I get all pumped up and just want to go train. It gets hard to control. This ends my rant.

That's the spirit man :)

Complete rest.

Rest - stretched. Took an extra day off, my body was asking for it.. hams and lower back sore from deadlifting, and I wasn't recovering well since I ate a ton on my b-day and drank tons of alcohol the night before...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps of:

185# deadlift

53# DB bench press (cleaning dumbells into possition)

95# squat clean (from the floor, full front squat for this ones).

Time: 52:56 or so. Too long, I should've used less weight in the DL and SC ... the bench sets were unbroken, but the deads and cleans were all broken, except maybe when I had to do 5, 4 or less I think. I think this has been the toughest workout ever, for me.

Crossfit is just cruel. Linda, aka, the three bars of death followed by Fight gone bad. I've never been this happy to be training for strength and not conditioning :blink

Good luck to make it through the next few days, you can do it :rock

In a couple of years, I WILL BE A BEAST, I'm going to be stronger and faster than Ivar, and I want let anyone or anything stop me. My motivation comes from all around me, anyone I see doing something I can't or want to do gets me going, when I see a gymnast do a front lever or an athlete jump over his own head, I get all pumped up and just want to go train.

WHAT?!

STRONGER THAN IVAR!!

Man this kid is gunning for me. I must have made a name for myself here, I've got up and comers chasing me....but watchout I'm quick.....it's going to be hard to catch me! Don't forget that I'm a young guy too, and I'm just getting started baby!

I can't believe you ginroth after all the help I've given you via PM, you were secretly planning to overtake me! Asking me to aid in my own downfall! :D Keep the questions coming if you have them, but you must promise me one thing: when you overtake me....you will give me advice :D

That's the winning attitude ginroth, I like it. That attitude is what makes you fierce, that's what makes you train 6 days a week, that's what makes you a champion. Don't be afraid to proclaim that you will surpass others, when you know you're dedicated enough to do so. Don't be afraid of your goals. I won't lie, a smile came to my face when I read your post. It feels great to have inspired someone. To have someone hope to one day be stronger than you means that they admire your level of strength, and I feel honored to have been of inspiration. Thank you for this post, it made my day much more enjoyable.

Arturo! You have progressed massively. 140 overhead is no joke my friend. It just takes discipline to start eating right again. Once you get back into it you feel 10X better about yourself because you know that you're working towards your goals.

Nice deadlifting too. Keep it up.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Not sure where this should go, so I'm just gonna put it here.

You're still young yes, but I'm 4 years younger, I'll progress just as fast/faster than you and one day we'll go head to head in some form of uber contest consisting of 5 events chosen by each contender. Winner....um..WINS!!!

Ivar, I'm glad I made you smile, and don't think for even one second that that was an empty threat, I'm coming for you. I'm going to be doing one arm chins in no time, along with full front levers and double bodyweight squats.

I do admire you, I've never really known anyone as determined as you. The majority of my friends have no drive for anything, they're just roll with punches never trying to make anything out of themselves. They just fit with what everyone says they should be. Me, no I'm not like that and I never will be, I don't care what some random ass who knows nothing about me says, I know who I am, I know what I am, and I am NOT a loser. Just because I were glasses, and I'm short and blonde doesn't mean I'm a neurotic, non-athletic person, I can do whatever I want. I don't know if I would've realised the potential that I have if it weren't for you, a person I've never met, but nonetheless a great inspiration of mine.

If it weren't 11:30 PM I would go outside and train, instead I'll just pick up my CoC 1 and attempt to TNS it.

:rock :rock :rock:mosher:mosher:mosher

Yeah, we all wanna be stronger and faster than Ivar... :rock:D

Three rounds of 5 minutes, with 1 minute rest between rounds; each round consists of 1 minute sets of each of these exercises (no rest between exercises):

20# DB thrusters 28 20 15

55# SDHP 23 13 13

21" box jump 17 14 12

55# push-press 17 13 17

Jumping PU's 24 16 15

TOTALS: 109 76 72 = 257

I woke up today with a VERY sore lower back. Probably the 55 reps of deadlifts with 185# yesterday, along with 55 reps of squat cleans with 95# had something to do with it... or was it the maxing out on deads 3 days ago? Or the combination of it all?

Today's soreness was huge, even in the warmup, where I always do 2x10 hip-extensions over a bench, I felt the lower back muscles aching big time. So I knew that the movements using these muscles would kill me today. The absolute worst was the sumo DL high pull .... with just 55 mere pounds, it was unbearable! I pushed through the pain in round 1 and got 23 reps.. then 13 in the other two rounds, and I was really pushing it... it just killed me. This workout felt HORRIBLE, I felt like puking on round 2, and wanted to call it a day... but somehow I managed a third round. Next time I do this one, I should be stronger AND (this a very important and) I hope I'm not as sore as I was coming into today's workout. I honestly should've rested or done something else. Pecs were also sore from doing DB bench press for the first time in ages, but I reckon that didn't affect me very much. But the lower back and, to some degree, the hammies, are now dead, completely dead.

You guys have a great outlook at working out, keep it up stay strong, and keep striving to be the best you can be, I wish I would have gotten into grip at a younger age, no doubt it would have helped with my boxing.

STAY STRONG, NEVER QUIT

It gets easy to quit lifting when your at that age, other things distract you, don't let them, you'll be driving soon, and chasing tail, just don't let it distract you, besides if you keep working out and staying in shape you'll get the best of the tail in college ;)

Yeah, this looks like the most ridiculously painful week of crossfit I've ever seen.

Enjoy your rest day, you're gonna have to come back to

Five rounds for max reps of:

Body weight bench press

Pull-ups

Body weight back squat

I am still VERY sore today, I should have rested. Instead, I decided to do my weekly 3 minute tabatas today, thinking it's not much.. but it is, specially when trying to be better every week. I think I got worse in all of them.

Usual warm-up plus a couple of minutes of rope jumping and some Double Unders.

Tabata pull-ups: 12, 11, 8, 7, 7, 7

Tabata squats: 21, 21, 19, 18, 17, 17

Tabata push-ups: 19, 10, 8, 7, 5, 6

Resting about 3-4 minutes between tabatas.

Again, I can see why I didn't improve this week. Lower back, hams and to some extent the gluts, are all very sore today. Although the burning sensation in the tabata air squats is usally located in the thighs, I'm sure the posterior chain plays an important role obviously... The pull-ups suffered the least, I think last week I got 1 more total rep only. Yesterday I did jumping pull-ups for 3 rounds of 1 minute and today I did 2x10 in the warmup, maybe shouldn't have. And the push-ups, this was expected, even though I improved in the first round, a huge decrease in the following rounds happens because that first round must be very close to my true max right now (I've been sucking at these lately). But like I said, it was expected since I did DB bench press a couple of days ago for the first time in several months and pecs are still a bit sore. Next week I shall improve ALL the numbers.

I like your will! Beat those numbers next week! :rock

Thanks! I'll do it. I'm trying not to remember what numbers I got this time, in fact, I already forgot. But my memory is very good, if I make an effort I'll remember my exact numbers in seconds, argh! I just wanna go at it naturally and beat the numbers. In case anyone is wondering, I'm going all out in each 20 seconds interval... meaning, for example, if I had not done 19 push-ups in the first round, and only did 10, I could have kept a much higher number throughout the rounds, but I'm doing it "balls to the walls" style.

My wife's birthday! Her best friend came to visit at noon, so I escaped to the track to do a quick workout, to give them some time to talk and stuff. She loved my present and my home-made gift card, cried and everything, awesome!

So I went to the track... noon.... dominican sun right up there, humidity as always making the weather feel much hotter than the 32 or so *C that thermometers would read, it feels awful. Noone was running... funny, when I went there at 6pm it was filled with people of all ages! .. I warmed up some, and decided to go at it. The workout was very simple, "run 3km". I tried to run (jog) a lap around a park not too long ago, which I think is around 6km, and I did it in 35 minutes although I walked for 3 minutes (three sepparate times, 1 minute each). That time I jogged 19 straight minutes and I think I passed a "3km" mark spray painted on the floor shortly before I had to walk my first minute. So I had faith I could do it without stopping today, seeing it's only 3km. It is worth noting that on the day I did the park lap, it was 6pm... not noon. Yes, unless it's cloudy or raining, it makes a HUGE difference where I live.

The track is 400m, so I did 7.5 laps... and I can promise you I will NEVER go at noon to the track again. Am I being a wuss because my skin/body couldn't handle the sun? Nope!! Something else was bothering me so much, that I did not even CARE for the sun! I wore my wife sunglases (hah, that's what I found in the car), and the sun did not bother me at all... but my FEET !!! This was unbelievably painful !! The track was so hot... I wore my Vibram Five fingers, and with their thin soles, well... the heat must've been transfered to the inside of the damn thing. The soles of my feet were on FIRE since lap 1. I mean ON F***ING FIRE!! I even had to switch from landing on the ball of my feet to landing on the heel/outiside of my feet in order to keep going... and on the straight parts, since I was on lane 1, I could take a side step and run on the grass... then on the curves got back on the track, to make sure I wasn't cutting distance. But this was mentally tough, really. I am now walking like a crippled man, it hurts a TON to land on any of my feet.... argh... that's the end of my running on tracks at noon, right there. No wonder I was all alone there.

Total time: exactly 17.5 minutes. That equals a 2:20 400m pace... which is awful, but hey, I bet not too long ago I couldn't even finish this distance without some walking, I was going slow, but not walking!! And my lower back was still not 100% recovered!! But it didn't bother me.

Two days in a row that I don't sleep very much. And last night, we went out (my wife's b-day) and I ate a ton, also drank some beer. But today it's night already and I have been eating right, glad I can now get back to it the next day. Usually when I screw up a day, I go on for several days before resuming what I consider proper eating habits. If I can now do it the next day after screwing up, it's progress. Next step - have these "cheat days" be less frequent!! Anyways... I trained today.

5 rounds, NOT for time.

63# DB bench press (had to clean them into possition): 9, 9, 9, 8, *9 (wife helped me a tiny little bit on the last rep, but I would've gotten it anyways I think)

Pull-ups, overhand grip, shoulder width appart, strict: 10, 10, 9, 9.8, 9.8

Squats, 170#: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7

The 10 strict pull-ups with OH grip was a PR, and getting this many sets of those reps was awesome. I think grip was my limiting factor.. I had to readjust grip after 7 reps or so in the latter sets. Others would've counted them as 10 reps, but if my throat wasn't touching the bar I didn't count, that's why I marked the last two sets as "9.8" reps.

My squat strength was just not here today. I've been beating my lower back lately without insufficient rest, see all previous workouts, they all involve posterior chain. I just got 7 in the first set (without turning it into a "breathing squats" set, otherwise I could've gone longer, I limited myself to 2 (sometimes 3) breathes between reps; then I just aimed to match that number in all sets.

I rested well between exercises, but since each set was a different muscle group, I wasn't resting several minutes or anything... only after each round (after squats) I'd rest a bit more.

Not sure where this should go, so I'm just gonna put it here.

You're still young yes, but I'm 4 years younger, I'll progress just as fast/faster than you and one day we'll go head to head in some form of uber contest consisting of 5 events chosen by each contender. Winner....um..WINS!!!

Ivar, I'm glad I made you smile, and don't think for even one second that that was an empty threat, I'm coming for you. I'm going to be doing one arm chins in no time, along with full front levers and double bodyweight squats.

I do admire you, I've never really known anyone as determined as you. The majority of my friends have no drive for anything, they're just roll with punches never trying to make anything out of themselves. They just fit with what everyone says they should be. Me, no I'm not like that and I never will be, I don't care what some random ass who knows nothing about me says, I know who I am, I know what I am, and I am NOT a loser. Just because I were glasses, and I'm short and blonde doesn't mean I'm a neurotic, non-athletic person, I can do whatever I want. I don't know if I would've realised the potential that I have if it weren't for you, a person I've never met, but nonetheless a great inspiration of mine.

If it weren't 11:30 PM I would go outside and train, instead I'll just pick up my CoC 1 and attempt to TNS it.

:rock :rock :rock:mosher:mosher:mosher

Youve got the right spirit and motivation to achieve anything in the strength world

best of luck with your training bro, and God bless!

Could not train today... but at the end of the day I did a stretching session, good one, seemed a bit more flexible.

Warm-up, then:

3 rounds for time of:

15 DB squat snatches, 40#, left arm

10 N-pull-ups

15 DB squat snatches, 40#, right arm

10 N-pull-ups

Total time: 41:55 ... I completely suck.

I had forgotten how taxing the DB squat snatches are, the make me feel sick!! ...

The N-pull-ups are MUCH harder than even strict, deadhang pull-ups... either that or I am not used to them at all, since I never do them. They feel very awkward, the beggining of the movement feels very hard, like the shoulder is in a different possition than it is when you're hanging normally.

I do not lie when I say my pressing strength is SUCKING lately. Two years ago when I had just begun training and didn't even know what I was doing, I was stronger at overhead pressing, I found out today! ... That was before I started having shoulder problems. Now my shoulder is fine, after the surgery, but apparently not strong at all. The funny thing is, I think I'm stronger in pretty much all other lifts (leg, and pulling movements, 100% sure of this), but my pressing sucks... I remember being able to do 10 dips, almost 40 pushups, and doing 95x5 OH press back then... now I can't do any of that. Today I was going to press a barbell, for the first time in a while.

Warmups, then: 45x5, 55x5, 65x3, 75x3, 85x2 ... 95x3, 100x2 (second rep VERY ugly and one side before the other), 90x(1 or 2), 85x3, 90x3, 95x2. A few minutes later I grabbed the barbell with one hand (empty oly bar), neutral grip, and pressed it 6 times leftie, 5 rightie. All sets strict, with knees locked. Man, it SUCKS to find out I've gotten so weak.

There is a funny thing to it all though... I think I can press more weight on dumbells that on a barbell!! I always assumed I'd do the other way around! .. I'm not 100% sure because I pressed 58# DB's x1 rep as a max. Neutral grip though, but strict. That's 116# ... and today I did 100x2 but with a very awkward second rep, bent to the side and everything! ... :( Either this or I'm fatigued.

I then worked on my L-sit a little bit, did some L-hang holds (opening/closing legs), and stretched the hammies quite a bit. I think I can hold the L-hang possition for over 20 seconds now, which is improvement. L-sit felt tough today, I did one for about 5 seconds but it felt so tough. :(

I did some grippers... closed my filed #1.5 rightie at least twice, and regular #1.5 leftie. Tried the #2 both hands, sucked to say the least. I've neglected gripper work lately, but i've got other priorities. I tried to pinch 4-10's and got them with both hands, but it felt like a huge effort... I lifted them, held for a second, and lowered them in control (don't want them to split), but it felt like I was doing a huge effort... but I can't be sure, maybe I could've held them for a while, who knows. I don't like my plates, the edges are sharp and kinda sticking out, that one lift ripped a tiny little bit off the right base of my thumb.. imagine doing many sets :( ... I used a lot of chalk on this. My entire back is VERY sore today, so either the squat-snatches did this, OR the N-pull-ups hit the back differently than regular ones (probably). Oh, and the bunch of 40# DB squat-snatches yesterday might have affected today's pressing, but I can't be sure.

So, I took 6 whole days off! I spent the past 3 in a beach resort also, where I ate insanely, drank quite a bit... also played some volleyball and got sunburn despite the protector cream. This month, with my b-day on the 7th, my wife's on the 12th, this little vacation we took.. has been awful, food-wise. But I am now commited again to get back on track.. no more special days until.. probably christmas, so I can do it. I have a big desire to train and it can be evidenced by my log. I took these days off cause my body needed it.. I had a little right elbow pain that seems to have improved greatly... and I had not taken more than 2 days off (and only once!) in the past 2+ months or so. Supossedly you come back stronger!

Now, the horrible news: I was stretching on all the off days... good stretching sessions, made me sweat a lot, and prevents me from getting all "tight" I guess. Last wednesday or so, I decided to do grippers while stretching.. hit 'em as hard as I could. RB160 went down nicely with my RH. I did some negatives with tough grippers also.. the next day, my left wrist was in pain, and despite ibuprofren it still was. I workout out today, but wrist hurt a bit, so I went to the doc. I am now wearing a wrist thing that prevents me from moving the wrist, and makes typing a horrible task. Luckily it's my non-dominant hand. 3 weeks? Why am I punished like this? Just when my desire to workout and progress is bigger than ever!! The Gods must not like me for some reason. :)

X-rays show everything OK, but he could move my outer bone down a lot, much more than on the right one, even before the x-rays he said I have a torn ligament. He pushed down the round, ball-shaped end of the bone in the outer forearm (with palm facing the floor) and it went down much more than on the right side, he said the left wrist was much weaker than the right. No medications though, just immobilization.. he did tell me to squeeze a ball or something so the muscles don't get atrophiated.. I'm thinking of finally trying out the famous bucket of sand thingie...

Anyways, today's workout...

3 power cleans, 105#

6 push-ups

9 air squats

As many rounds in 3 minutes as I could. Rest 1 minute, and repeat for a total of 5 cycles.

4 rounds

4 rounds

2 rounds, PC, PU ...

... Squats, 2 rounds, PC, PU ...

... Squats, 3 rounds.

Total rounds: 17. I had a good pace on the first two, but I just died on cycle 3... couldn't even finish round 3. So on the next cycle, I begun with the missing squats from previous cycle, and really wanted to do 3 rounds, but again time ran out just before the squats.. I was so gassed at this point, was resting too much I'd say. But I gave it everything on cycle 5 and, after completing the previous cycle's last round, got 3 full rounds with about 2 secs left. I felt like puking since halfways through this one.

Anyways, am I gonna stop working out? Hell no. I guess I'll be doing a lot of running, jumping, lunging, squatting, sit-uping (sitting up? heh), back extensions... whatever.. maybe I can even do some good mornings or something like that. We'll see.

3 rounds for time of:

run 600m

25 superman's (holding top possition for almost a second, it seemed)

35 sit-ups (knees bent, feet anchored, arms crossed over chest).

Total time: 16:07, done at the track.

I took my wrist brace as to not sweat it, and on round 2 I forgot about my healing wrist and used it to stand up from the ground, argh!!

First run unbroken. Second run was 400m, walk a bit (10 big breaths) then finish it. Third and last run was again 400m, 10 big breaths while slowly walking, then finish it. This third and last run required a lot of mental toughness to reach 400m without walking, I felt like I was gonna die if I kept running (or jogging, however you wanna call it). Wore my Vibrams of course.

Front squats, crossed-arms style (resting my sprained wrist, remember?):

45x10, 65x10, 85x8, 105x5

135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5

I had never done FS for 5 reps so the weight used was a PR, but wont count it as one. I did FS x10 reps about a month ago and got 140#.. so I'm not sure today was that great of a day :( ... on the very last set, the reps were really hard, specially the last 3... in the last 2 or so I felt like the barbell was gonna roll out and drop, but it didn't. So those reps were a bit ugly, but I guess I got them and that's what counts. Going below parallel as always.

Tabata sit-ups, knees bent, feet anchored, arms crossed over chest: 14, 14, 14, 11, 11, 10, 9, 9

The hardest thinkg about sit-ups for me is the pinching of my butt's skin!! it hurts after several reps...