Teemu's Grip Log

Teemu I

Monday 10.3.2008

Grippers done GTG-style, choker singles throughout the day, alternating with BBSE and hard #4.

RT-max attempts: 85 kg was enough for both hands today. :blink I guess I've done a bit too much of gripper work today after all.

Edited by Teemu I

did you close the bbse and hard 4s?

With Teemu's gripper strength, I wouldn't be surprised if he overcrushed both of them for half an hour :cool

did you close the bbse and hard 4s?

With Teemu's gripper strength, I wouldn't be surprised if he overcrushed both of them for half an hour :cool

:D I have closed the choked BBSE and choked average #4 on several occasions from widths wider than parallel, but this hard #4 I haven't yet closed on a choker. Today I struggled even with BBSE. :( I'm currently working on getting back at the level I was and then hopefully further.

Edited by Teemu I

good work lately you are looking very strong, keep hitting the grippers hard Teemu.

Thanks Sam!

Tuesday 11.3.2008

Had very little time to do anything training related today, but as I was pretty sore from yesterday's total body training I did a brief but good stretching session and while I was at it did some powersets on the BB Pro (4,67). Or something that resembled powersets, as forearms felt pretty fried as well..this week I'll try to push it hard, will leave the rest for later.

Edited by Teemu I

Stellar work on the MM4, buddy! That's HUGE!

Wednesday 12.3.2008

Workout 1, grippers. Decided to take negs to program again.

Right:

1. BBSE (3,80) 23 mm choke 5 x 1, better performance than last time, couple of closes as well. I'm slowly regaining the groove on the last little bit. Good!

2. Extended handle BB Pro (4,67) 5 x 5 neg. Felt pretty strong.

Left:

1. #3.5 (easy) 5 x 1 all closed, allthough not so strong

2. Couple of attempts on FBBC Hard, missed by 3-4 mm.

3. Extended handle RB 365 5 x 5 neg.

Few grip exercises with kettlebells, just trying out some stuff Brookfield does.

I'm slowly regaining the peak gripper form, which is good. Hopefully get beyond that too.

Temmu:congrats for your "trial and error" , most of us are "offraid" to change program wich is bad:-)

Wednesday 12.3.2008

Few grip exercises with kettlebells, just trying out some stuff Brookfield does.

I'm slowly regaining the peak gripper form, which is good. Hopefully get beyond that too.

What kettlebells do you have? I'd love to get some also but they're too expensive :dry

Wednesday 12.3.2008

What kettlebells do you have? I'd love to get some also but they're too expensive :dry

I have 1 x 50 kg beast, 2 x 34 kg, 1 x 24 kg and one light 10 kg bell. I had a 16 kg bell as well but gave that away. They are great.

I will follow your training log Teemu, it's very intresting to see your progress!! :)
I sure hope there will be some progress to follow. It is slow these days! :blush

Friday 14.3.2008

Workout 2, done within total body workout:

1. Choked BBSE 23 mm, few attempts, no go today

2. RT , pinch-style

L: 1 x 11 x 60 kg HARD.

R: 1 x 12 x 60 kg Pretty tough as well.

3. Blobette 37 lbs, C & J instead of fingerpair lifts this time. Not very strong.

It might be time to take a small break (5 days maybe) after continuous trashing of the grip (GTG-stuff I haven't logged here done on top of everything else). Will increase contrast baths +icing and see how it all looks next week.

Edited by Teemu I

Friday 14.3.2008

Workout 2, done within total body workout:

1. Choked BBSE 23 mm, few attempts, no go today

2. RT , pinch-style

L: 1 x 11 x 60 kg HARD.

R: 1 x 12 x 60 kg Pretty tough as well.

3. Blobette 37 lbs, C & J instead of fingerpair lifts this time. Not very strong.

It might be time to take a small break (5 days maybe) after continuous trashing of the grip (GTG-stuff I haven't logged here done on top of everything else). Will increase contrast baths +icing and see how it all looks next week.

Teemu, sounds like a great idea. You've been hitting it pretty hard.

You're a source of inspiration for me and others I'm sure. I know you'll come back renewed and will likely set some PRs.

Thanks Bob.

Rest is probably the hardest part of training. :)

I have a few questions about the blobette: 1. Where did you buy it from? 2. How much was it? 3. Does whatever you fill it with come with it?

I have a few questions about the blobette: 1. Where did you buy it from? 2. How much was it? 3. Does whatever you fill it with come with it?

1. PDA (one of the sponsors of the board)

2. I don't remember but you'll find out when you go to PDA's site

3. It is delivered empty, you need to buy lead shot for the purpose separately

What can you fill that blobette with? Sand, lead, ... ?
You can't get it heavy enough with anything other than really small lead shot.

I can imagine it's pretty expensive to buy 20kg of lead shots?

Started reading this log from page 1 yesterday evening and just finished it. Very inspiring to see your progress. I can feel your determination when I read your posts. Learned a lot and already started working on my grippertechnique while reading (that's why it took me so long).

I can imagine it's pretty expensive to buy 20kg of lead shots?

Started reading this log from page 1 yesterday evening and just finished it. Very inspiring to see your progress. I can feel your determination when I read your posts. Learned a lot and already started working on my grippertechnique while reading (that's why it took me so long).

You are absolutely right. Lead shot costs quite a bit. I don't know where you live, but if you live in U.S.A I think lead shot costs less there than in Finland.

Oh you took the time to read my log from the beginning? :) It's a shame actually that I haven't kept it consistently up to date all this time. There are loads of workouts that I haven't written down here, as can be seen. But I'm glad if my log inspires someone. Good luck with your training! Hard work pays off.

Edited by Teemu I