Trail To The Super 60d

lone Wolf

Robert, your double over is coming along quite nicely! Congrats on that new PR! You're at easiesh Bastard level now!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lone Wolf

• bencrush

• neilkaz

• Booyah!!!

Marvelous bending Robert. I saw that you calibrated the .296" Drill Rod (at 7" I assume) at 405 pounds. The 5/16"X7" Drill Rod calibrates at 475. Have you calibrated any bigger stuff than the 5/16" Drill Rod. I'm pretty curious because a guy at work got my advice on stock to buy and pads and a short training session later he kinked a 5/16"X7" Drill Rod quite easily (no grip training or bending ever) in double pads to about 45 degrees in one hit. Then it froze there forever. After a while he wrapped up a .339"X7" Drill Rod and got it to 25 degrees where it also froze. I've bent the larger Drill Rod a few times but maybe I should ask the Drill Rod King...Aaron?

Marvelous bending Robert. I saw that you calibrated the .296" Drill Rod (at 7" I assume) at 405 pounds. The 5/16"X7" Drill Rod calibrates at 475. Have you calibrated any bigger stuff than the 5/16" Drill Rod. I'm pretty curious because a guy at work got my advice on stock to buy and pads and a short training session later he kinked a 5/16"X7" Drill Rod quite easily (no grip training or bending ever) in double pads to about 45 degrees in one hit. Then it froze there forever. After a while he wrapped up a .339"X7" Drill Rod and got it to 25 degrees where it also froze. I've bent the larger Drill Rod a few times but maybe I should ask the Drill Rod King...Aaron?

Thanks Ben

didn't get a chance to calibrate the .298 I felt it was close enough to the .295 DR in theory

to give a shot last week and it went down.I haven't really calibrated anything lately but will start

doing again I need to do the .298,302, i for get what next is then the 5/16" will start looking at the bigger

DR now maybe get a few of the bigger pcs. as motivation. Neil I will dig througth my gararge this weekend

I know I got some smaller DR to see what compares to the 5/16" HRS

Mondays Workout

Bending

**7" **

5/16"x7" HRS DO IMpads

5/16"x6.5" HRS DO IMpads

9/32"x7" Drill Rod DO

.298"x7" DR DO 1 min 40 sec new pr the first time used the full 5 min.

1/4"x7" FBBC sq. DO 41 sec.

** 6" **

1/4"x6" Hex Stainless 303 DO

1/4"x6" G8 (FNL) DO

Nice workout, Robert ...soon you'll PR that .302 DR !

As for the 5/16 HRS from reading your log, I suspect that it is close to .261 DR, so I am not ready for that stuff yet (am sure I couldn't kink it) but I will be looking for stuff to progress above 1/4" CRS although I have some hex.

At the rate you're progressing and if you stay injury free, I predict Bastard Certs for you by year end if not by summer.

Ben, that co-worker of your's sounds STRONG.

.. neilkaz ..

Edited by neilkaz

Hi Robert,

Nice to catch up with your workouts and all those new PRs

Your bending is awesome !

Will start a PJ soon myself after my next workout.

Take care, Abby

Thanks Neil & Abby

I'm hoping for summer for the bastard had some spare time yesterday

and calibrated som drill rod the .298 was 415 lbs. the .261 was 280 lbs.

and the .257 was 270 lbs. my guess would be the 1/4" drill rod wolud be very close to the

5/16" HRS mine calibrated at 245 lbs. hope this helps you Neil.

Thanks Neil & Abby

I'm hoping for summer for the bastard had some spare time yesterday

and calibrated som drill rod the .298 was 415 lbs. the .261 was 280 lbs.

and the .257 was 270 lbs. my guess would be the 1/4" drill rod wolud be very close to the

5/16" HRS mine calibrated at 245 lbs. hope this helps you Neil.

Thx Robert, all your stuff is Fastenal isn't it ? Could I send you some of my Fas 1/4" HRS to calibrate ? If you 5/16" HRS is from Fastenal, I'll have to order some as I should be right at that level.

Thx Robert, all your stuff is Fastenal isn't it ? Could I send you some of my Fas 1/4" HRS to calibrate ? If you 5/16" HRS is from Fastenal, I'll have to order some as I should be right at that level.

All my Drill Rod and Bolts I get now are from Fastenal alot cheaper for me to get my

bolts there. The Drill Rod takes about a week to get it comes from back east. All the other steel

I got was from a steel yard . The last batch of 1/4" hex stainless thougth I got from fastenal

If you to send me some pcs. of steel to calibrate let me know and I'll PM you my address

• 2 weeks later...

Results From the AZ contest

Warm-up

5/16"x7" HRS

5/16"x6.5 HRS

9/32"x7" Drill Rod

Contest

1/4"x7" FBBC Sq. DO

1/4"x6" FBBC Sq. DO new pr

5/16"x7" Bastard 7* kink new pr

You're right there Robert, great job at the contest overall man! Your first Bastard is so freaking close. 1/4"X6" Square is superb.

You're right there Robert, great job at the contest overall man! Your first Bastard is so freaking close. 1/4"X6" Square is superb.

Indeed, Robert and nice to see you using 9/32 as a warm up bend !

Indeed, Robert and nice to see you using 9/32 as a warm up bend !

Thanks Ben & Neil

I got 1 more week with the .298 Drill Rod then I'm moving to the .302"

DR. Arron gave me a piece of W-1 DR going to try that one 1st the DR I

have is O-1 we will see what happens

Mondays Workout

Bending

5/16"x7" HRS DO

5/16"x7" HRS DO

5/16"x6.5 HRS DO

9/32"x7 Drill Rod DO

.298"x7" DR DO 1 min 32 sec new pr

5/16"x7" CRS prekinked 30* got to 3.5"

1/4"x6" Hex stainless DO

1/4"x6" G8 off center got 2 1/16"

Good work, Robert.

.302 DR should be next and once you destroy that, the Bastard should be your's !!

.. neilkaz ..

Monday's Workout

Bending

5/16"x7" HRS DO

5/16"x6.5" HRS DO

9/32"x7" Drill Rod DO

19/64"x7" Drill Rod

.302"x7" Drill Rod W-1 DO 1 min. 42 sec new pr Thanks Aaron

5/16"x7" CRS prekinked to 3.5" got it down to 2 1/8" will try to finish next workout

1/4"x6" Hex Stainless DO

1/4"x6" G8 way off center got it down to 2 1/4"

Nice! That .302"X7" Drill Rod is probably dead even with most of the normal Bastards. Sounds like it's time to knock down your first Bastard.

Nice! That .302"X7" Drill Rod is probably dead even with most of the normal Bastards. Sounds like it's time to knock down your first Bastard.
Sweeet! :rock Congrats Robert on the drillrod PR!

- Aaron

Thanks Ben & Aaron

I'm going to try my .302 O-1 Drillrod next week after that plan on finishing

the Bastard I started at Aaron contest it only has a 7* prekink in it. Been working on

my form thanks again Aaron , Fatboy & Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Monday's Workout

Bending

5/16"x7" HRS DO IMpads

5/16"x6.5 HRS DO IMpads

9/32"x7" Drillrod DO

19/64"x7" Drillrod DO 55 sec. new pr

5/16"x7" CRS got it down to 2 3/16" in 8 min. new pr

.302"x7" prekink 7* got it to 15*

1/4"x6" G8 bolt (FNL) DO

Great work again! You must have some of the hard 5/16" CRS. Because the National brand 5/16" CRS is easier than the 19/64" Drill Rod any day. You're actually above the level of an easy Bastard now!

Kill that Bastard Robert!!! I know you can do it buddy!! Congrats on the PR!! But beware, as I'm sure you know O1 is a COMPLETELY different world when compared to W1

Great work again! You must have some of the hard 5/16" CRS. Because the National brand 5/16" CRS is easier than the 19/64" Drill Rod any day. You're actually above the level of an easy Bastard now!

Thanks Ben the 5/16" CRS I calibrated 2 pcs. 1 was 425 lbs. the other 430 lbs.

Kill that Bastard Robert!!! I know you can do it buddy!! Congrats on the PR!! But beware, as I'm sure you know O1 is a COMPLETELY different world when compared to W1

Thanks Derek hopefully next week I'll be able to knock it down yeah I noticed a big difference in

the W-1 and the O-1 .302 drillrod .

Mondays Workout

*** 7" ***

5/16"x7" HRS DO IMpads

5/16"x6.5" HRS DO IMpads

9/32"x7" Drill Rod DO

.298"x7" Drill Rod DO 39 sec. new pr

5/16"x7" CRS DO 2 min. 40 sec. new pr so glad to finally to get this one calibrated @ 425 lbs.

5/16"x7" Drill Rod prekink 30* got it down to 4 1/16" 1st time working with this felt good just to get moving !

*** 6" ***

1/4"x6" Hex 303 Stainless DO

1/4x6" G8 bolt (FNL) DO way off center but I got to under 2"

Next week I plan working on a 7" Bastard