Stalwartsentinel Training Log

StalwartSentinel

18 NOV 06

Back day today.

Front Lat Pulldowns (Wide Underhand Grip)

5 sets of 5 reps @ 285 pounds.

On NOV 3 you wrote:

5 sets of 5 reps @ 347 pounds. (with wide OVERhand grip).

Can you lift less with underhand grip? I thought most people could lift more with underhand!!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StalwartSentinel

• lifesnotfair

• Left Side

• pdoire

18 NOV 06

Back day today.

Front Lat Pulldowns (Wide Underhand Grip)

5 sets of 5 reps @ 285 pounds.

On NOV 3 you wrote:

5 sets of 5 reps @ 347 pounds. (with wide OVERhand grip).

Can you lift less with underhand grip? I thought most people could lift more with underhand!!

Different machines. The one I did last night was at home, on a traditional lat pull-down and it uses a 1:1 pulley system. The other was probably HAMMER STRENGTH, which uses a fulcrum motion to lift the weight at about 1:1.2 ratio. I am fairly strong in the overhand position though. It's the same reason I am stronger in a hammer curl vs. a regular biceps curl. My rowing is way stronger than my pull-downs too. Same muscle group: different angle. Hope that makes sense. :D

19 NOV 06

Gripping day today.

WARM-UP SETS

COC #3

3 sets of 3 reps @ LS to fully closed.

**2005. Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

WORK SETS

COC #4

5 sets of 1 reps @ MMS to 1/4 inch from fully closed.

**Crushed to 1/4 inch and held there. Forced fully closed and then BFN (Bounce Forced Negative) from fully closed, out to 1/8 and 1/16 inch for a three count. Sets #3 to #5 were almost held shut. Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

BBE

5 sets of 5 reps @ MMS to fully closed.

**Three reps completely closed and two reps crushed to 1/16 and assisted in. Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

15.3 Pound Sledge (Raise To Front)

5 sets of 5 reps @ End of Handle.

**Taped a 3.3 pound plate to the end of the sledge. Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

Barbell Wrist Curls

1 sets of 5 reps @ 110 pounds.

5 sets of 5 reps @ 160 pounds.

**I haven’t progressed with these, since 01 AUG 05. Time to do them regularly and get up to 300 pounds! Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

Holding the #4 shut, that's gonna feel FINE!!! I can see it happening VERY soon!!!

Awesome, keep it up!! You're a beast man.

Holding the #4 shut, that's gonna feel FINE!!! I can see it happening VERY soon!!!

Thanks! You're right, it will be a very sweet day! :rock

Thanks! You're right, it will be a very sweet day! :rock

I thought you were gonna say "you're right, I'm a beast indeed!"... but oh well, yeah, stay humble, it's better :tongue

22 NOV 06

Chest/Gripping day today.

HAMMER STRENGTH Decline Bench Press

1 sets of 5 reps @ 416 pounds.

1 sets of 5 reps @ 436 pounds.

4 sets of 5 reps @ 416 pounds.

**436 was too much for sets of 5 reps. Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

HAMMER STRENGTH Incline Bench Press (Close Grip)

5 sets of 3 reps @ 257 pounds.

**Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

Lying Triceps Extension (Free Weight EZ-Curl Bar)

5 sets of 5 reps @ 165 pounds.

PRECOR Vertical Bench Press

3 sets of 5 reps @ 250 pounds.

**One-arm negatives. Push out with two and alternate return with right or left. Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COC #3

**2005. Rest was 1.5 minutes between sets.**

COC #4

10 sets of 1 reps @ MMS to 1/4 inch from fully closed.

**Crushed to 1/4 inch and held there. Forced fully closed and then BFN (Bounce Forced Negative) from fully closed, out to 1/8 and 1/16 inch for a three count. Sets #2 to #6 were almost held shut. Rest was 1.5 minutes between sets.**

Barbell Wrist Curls

2 sets of 3 reps @ 160 pounds.

4 sets of 3 reps @ 170 pounds.

**Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

25 NOV 06

Back/Legs day today.

PANATTA Front Lat Pulldown

1 sets of 5 reps @ 390 pounds.

5 sets of 5 reps @ 420 pounds.

HAMMER STRENGTH High Lat Row

5 sets of 5 reps @ 412 pounds.

Barbell Shrugs

1 sets of 5 reps @ 315 pounds.

5 sets of 5 reps @ 335 pounds.

PANATTA Angled Leg Press

1 sets of 5 reps @ 510 pounds.

1 sets of 5 reps @ 600 pounds.

5 sets of 5 reps @ 690 pounds.

Sound's like you are doing real good. I was wondering when you were going to do your MM0 cert ? and sign up for the MM1 and beyond? If you are that consistent with getting the #4 to a 1/4 all the time. The MM6 should'nt be a problem.

Sound's like you are doing real good. I was wondering when you were going to do your MM0 cert ? and sign up for the MM1 and beyond? If you are that consistent with getting the #4 to a 1/4 all the time. The MM6 should'nt be a problem.

Thanks! At some point I would like to climb the MM ladder. :cool Everyone is on the same playing field.

I think this guy just wants to cert on the #4, that's all that matters to him it seems :)

I'm not going to dignify that with an answer. :flame

27 NOV 06

Gripping day today.

WARM-UP SETS

COC #3

**2005. Rest was 1.5 minutes between sets.**

WORK SETS

COC #4

5 sets of 1 reps @ MMS to 1/4 inch from fully closed.

**Crushed to 1/4 inch and held there. Forced fully closed and then BFN (Bounce Forced Negative) from fully closed, out to 1/8 and 1/16 inch for a three count. Sets #2 to #5 were almost held shut. Rest was 1.5 minutes between sets.**

BBE

5 sets of 3 reps @ MMS to fully closed.

**Rest was 1.5 minutes between sets.**

15.3 Pound Sledge (Raise To Front)

5 sets of 5 reps @ End of Handle.

**Taped a 3.3 pound plate to the end of the sledge. Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

Barbell Wrist Curls

5 sets of 5 reps @ 170 pounds.

29 NOV 06

Biceps/Gripping day today.

Dumbell Hammer Curl

1 sets of 5 reps @ 95 pounds.

5 sets of 5 reps @ 105 pounds.

**Felt strong on these tonight. Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

One Arm Dumbell Concentration Curl

5 sets of 5 reps @ 70 pounds.

**Form was a bit lacking. I think I’ll stay here for a bit. Rest was 2.5 minutes between sets.**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COC #4

10 sets of 1 reps @ MMS to 1/4 inch from fully closed.

**Crushed to 1/4 inch and held there. Forced fully closed and then BFN (Bounce Forced Negative) for a three count. Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

BBE

5 sets of 3 reps @ MMS to fully closed.

**Rest was 2 minutes between sets.**

Was this the first time you went actually straight to the COC #4 without warming up on the others? You didn't tell us where it opened it up, I wonder why. :)

Was this the first time you went actually straight to the COC #4 without warming up on the others? You didn't tell us where it opened it up, I wonder why. :)

No, I think I've gone into the #4 straight away on another occasion... I could be wrong. :erm My hands were warm fron the curls.

The opening distance is a mystery... :whistel It is a fraudulent distance anyhow and not worth mentioning. :cool

If you're refering to Greg and Dave's blog's comments, don't worry, whoever said that is a jerk, I believe ya.

If you're refering to Greg and Dave's blog's comments, don't worry, whoever said that is a jerk, I believe ya.

I think I am going to season my #4 with my boot and cert on it tonight! What would I get in MM levels, if I MM set the #4 on video tonight? :whistel

Beastly Mat! How you been man.

I know everyone asks you for videos, but i just want to see the front raises with that 15lb sledge that is insane! Great work :rock

Beastly Mat! How you been man.

I know everyone asks you for videos, but i just want to see the front raises with that 15lb sledge that is insane! Great work :rock

Thanks Chris. But I can't buy a camera now... I need to save my money for a trip to Australia! :yikes

Anyhow, he can accuse all he wants. I know what I am doing and someday there will be a video on YouTube of a legit #4 close. A normal spread #4. Heck maybe even a new #4, right out of the package. :whistel

Until then, I am only closing the #4 to 1/4 inch. No more no less. Only a select few will know what I am really up to. :fear I initially wanted others to be able to follow my log and maybe learn some techniques, but there is too much BS coming from it. :flame

Well well well, if it isn't Fraudwart Sentinel aka the biggest fraud in the universe why don't you work your girly ass legs with some squats instead of these leg presses?