Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Friday the 18th may took down a 5/16" x 5inch g5 in the afternoon then later after a few isos and smaller bends to keep the body prepared i took down a ? big g8 was going to attempt the 3/8inch x 7inch g5 but wrist and shoulder didnt feel 100percent so left it.

Eric thanks for giving me something to go at i appreciate it matey and i now you will kill the 6inch edgin soon.

Thanks to TIM T for all the bolts.

sat 19th may Took down a 3/8inch x 7inch big g5 black JH brand bolt Took 25mins on and off and i injured my wrist further doing it i should have left it for a few more days maybe but i do think a 6.5"-6" is doable i dont think this big bolt was any harder than the 3/8inch stainless hex.

All bends were captured on video.

spent most of early hours in Hospital A&E not good have to go for an x-ray on monday as wrist is still swollen something to do with the Scafiod[spelling]bone in the wrist i might have fractured it :whacked but apparently its hard to detect if the wrist is still swollen funny tho its not really that painfull only when i push on it so big bends are out for a while :cry The doctor was not very simpathetic when i said how it was done :D anyway i am optimistic best sinario just a sprained wrist,worst sinario one of the bones is fractured which means a cast or screw in the wrist for a while either way i will have to go easy on the bending for a while :D But i will be back!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazza, man, I'm real sorry to hear about your wrist. I know you'll be back better than before, but atleast you have quite an amazing bend to show for your efforts.

A 6" Edgin seems VERY doabale in comparison to the stuff you're taking down. I'm gonna keep going until I can get one in five minutes.

5-18-2007

- two 60D nails

- three 5/16 x 7.5" crs (comparable to tough Bastard stock)

- 7" section of a Grip Rite 80D (about 570 lbs.)

- Edgin

- 5/16 x 7" stainless hexagonal to 22 degrees before a blister flared up (645 lbs.)

I tried some rubber bands for the first time today, and they did make the wrapping process go a bit smoother. I also tried some thicker wraps today (1 3/8") with no noticeable difference, other than the bend feeling a bit more comfortable.

Very nice bending Eric! Most impressive thinking about that cut 80D.

Thanks, ya'll!

The thing about those Grip Rites is they vary considerably. I calibrated three of the ones Mike Hadland sent me and got readings between 530 and 570. The one I bent last workout must have been atleast 570, because it felt atleast as tough as the Edgin.

Been a while since I updated. Went over to Travis Mickelberry's house last night and did a .3125"X7" Drill Rod for a warmup. Then went straight for the throat of a Grand Shiny Bastard. Got it, but it was over the 5 minute time limit. 8 minutes and 3 seconds to be exact. That sucked to be at 2.25" at the 5 minute mark when I was trying my hardest. At least now I know it will fall. And it might very well be the piece that puts my shoulders permanently out of commission. So I'd better rest up and give it one more shot. Bent a 7" Edgin afterwards and it was very hard after the crush on the GSB sapped me. I have had shoulder pain all day today and my right especially was killing me the entire drive home and I didn't even sleep a minute...not really complaining though. The bend was on my mind most of the night anyway. I keep saying it, but one more big bend should make me happy. The Grand Shiny seems like just the ticket. Afterwards I will hold true to my word and only bend DU in training for the MGC5. Might try a few DO bends at the contest then. I expect to keep a lot of strength just from some of the weight workouts I'm doing.

Regardless of time, a Grand Shiny is grand! You have one very scary crush, Ben!

Well done Ben! I say keep bending DO from time to time :)

5-25-2007

- two 60D nails

- 5/16 x 7.5" local crs

- 5/16 x 8" local crs

- tougher (585 pound) Edgin

- 6.5" section of a Grip Rite 80D

- isos with the 615 pound Steel Works bar I got to about 20 or 30 degrees a few weeks ago (not the intended outcome)

I was happy about those last two successful bends, as they both stopped me cold within the last few weeks.

Eric

Nice bending mate i know you definately have a 6inch edgin in you as i to have unfinished business with a 6incher :rolleyes

6-01-2007

- 60D spiral

- 1/4 x 6" crs

- 5/16 x 7.5" crs

- Edgin cut to to 6.5" total length (PR)

- kinked a KoAB bar (about a 660 pound bar)

- 7 back to back Keystone 70D nails (took about 5 1/2 minutes)

Though I've done 6.5" nominal length Edgins before, this was the first Edgin I've done with a total length of 6.5". Also, being a section of an 8" Edgin, this bolt had no threads. I think this served to increase the difficulty, since the threads usually start to bend before the rest of the bolt, increasing the leverage just a bit. And on the crush bent threads will decrease the distance between the legs. It took me a real long time to do.

Well done on the 6.5" 5/16 G5 :rock That's very strong.

Awesome job and that 6.5 edgin! Definantly a heavyweight in the upcoming mgc bending challenge :rock

Thanks, guys!

Today I drove down to Austin to celebrate my grandfather's 90th birthday. A few of the folks at the party wanted to see some bending, so I did:

- 60D

- 5/16 x 6" "BJC" bolt

- 1/4 x 5" stainless square

- 7" section of a Grip Rite 80D

- then I went back and broke the 60D

Great job on the 6.5" Edgin! I'm with you on the non-threaded Edgins being a bit harder. The only 6" Edgins I've bent have been the threaded ones. The non-threaded ones are always a little short.

Thanks, Ben! I'm really having fun with my bending, which I think is an important ingredient for progress, so if I can keep it up I just might be able to get that 6 incher one of these days. I'm working hard to improve my weak link, which is the second half of the bend.

That's some Kick A-- Bending Eric :rock

Thank you, Mike.

6-06-2007

Today's workout was one of ups and downs. My 7" kink was way off, but my crush was feeling strong. I think I can hit the later stages of long bends, as well as entire short bends, several times a week, but tough 7" stock is proving very inconsistent for me. So I might try and do the longer stuff only once a week.

- crushed down an already finished Edgin to 1 3/4"

- 1/4 x 7" crs

- hard 70D

- Big Shiny Bastard (one of the harder stock)

- kinked a 635 pound bar

- kinked a 590 pound bar (this should have been almost routine!)

- Edgin

- isos with a Huge Shiny Bastard that's stuck at about 95 or 100 degrees (one of the easier stock)

- 6" Edgin that's been stuck at 41 degrees to 60 degrees - PR!

6-08-2007

- 1/4 x 7" crs

- two 60D nails

- 5/16 x 7" hrs

- 7" section of Grip Rite 80D

- 6.5" Edgin

I felt a bit overtrained today, but I've been doing a little experimentation with more frequent workouts. Twice weekly will probably prove to be the ticket for me.

• 3 weeks later...
6-08-2007

- 1/4 x 7" crs

- two 60D nails

- 5/16 x 7" hrs

- 7" section of Grip Rite 80D

- 6.5" Edgin

I felt a bit overtrained today, but I've been doing a little experimentation with more frequent workouts. Twice weekly will probably prove to be the ticket for me.

Glad to see you bending strong again Eric. Those Edgins are a pain.

-Sean