Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

wow! what is this: the bender's paradise???

very nice!

u got that right. aw man that's a lot of stuff to bend. how much is the admission price? lol. :laugh

I'm only getting a few bars... Mostly from the sections at the bottom of the photo. I've still got a few goodies of mine own :D

Saturday

am:

Grippers and bar bending (I also posted some swaps with Steve Aish and so await the spare c/bars he has)

pm:

Seated press - 10-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 26-kilos e/s x 8 reps

C/Curls - 14.5-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

CG bench - 20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 32.5-kilos e/s x 8 reps (all with feet up as an arched back still sore)

Sunday

Rest

Monday

Grippers

W/Roller - 10-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilos x 4 x 1 reps, 51-kilos x 3 x 1 (very tough - first rep took some hard skin of left thumb). Nice pump though :D

Tuesday

Partial deadlifts (felt better on my back than one hand lifts)

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side (p = 20-kilo plate) x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 7p a side x 3

Bench

15-kilos per arm x 8 reps, 30-kilos per arm x 8 reps, 40-kilos per arm x8 reps

Lo-row

40-kilos per arm x 8 reps, 62.5-kilos per arm x 8 reps

Hi-row

30-kilos per arm x 8 reps, 50-kilos per arm x 8 reps

Wednesday

rest

Thursday

Two hand pinch

equ (20-kilos) x 12 reps

equ plus 16.5-kilos x 12 reps

V-bar

20-kilos (plus bar) x 12 reps

55-kilos (etc) x 12 reps

90-kilos (etc) x 8 (alt hands back and forth)

Out for most of the day Saturday drinking with family (a cousin who hasn't been in the country for 36 years was here for 36 hours so...). Therefore I decided to train Sunday not Saturday and did so in the morning while (ahem) getting another 'workout' (he he) in the afternoon :shock:

Anyway... it wasn't one of my best and my back was aching - flabbergastenpoopy knows why as I'd been sitting on my arse all day Saturday

Sunday

Seated press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 8 reps and 27.5 kilos a side x 8 reps

DB curls (concentration curls was hurting my back and so I did db curls super strict)

15-kilos (plus the bar etc) x 3 x 8 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 8 reps and 35-kilos a side x 8 reps

I'm also still waiting on the c/bars from my inside man he he - I'll bell him later and see if they are on their way.

Monday

Grippers

One again the best effort, once warmed up, seems to be the first one with the CoC 4.

Wrist Roller10-kilos plus equ x 6 reps, 35-kilos plus equ x 4 x 1, 51.5-kilos plus equ x 3 x 1 and, as usual, nice 'n pumped. Hard to type in fact... ouch :)

good job hope the back feels better

Thanks but see below. OH at my day job have recommened I see the doc and ask for an MRI scan. Previous sick leave has meant I'm right on the edge of getting fired in spite of what is currently giving me grief.

The sooner they invent a replacement spine the better. Damn my aching back, damn it. :cry: My back was iffy before I left the house never mind when I arrived at the gym.

Tuesday

warm up and a little stretching

Partial deadlift

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps and 7.5p a side x 4 x 1 (none of which felt esp good)

Bench

15-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 42.5-kilos a side x 6 reps

Lo-row

40-kilos a side x 8 reps, 67.5-kilos a side x 8 reps

Hi-row

30-kilos a side x 8 reps, 52.5-kilos a side x 8 reps

Weighed 18st 5lbs (257lbs) post workout.

Thursday

Traps are still sort today from Tuesdays partial deadlifts, as is my lower back. I had to go to the Docs yesterday re the possible MRI etc that the day job wanted me to have and after saying I wouldn't get one for my slipped disc she did say such a problem WAS likely to reoccur - oh goody. Looks like, if I and my day job can last that long, that this is my last heavy, heavy lifting year. Best to go out with a blast then!!

Two Handed Pinch

equ x 12 reps (wide stance etc as per)

equ plus 23 kilos (43 total) x 12 reps. It makes the hands a little tired but was otherwise easy.

V-bar

bar plus 20-kilos x 12 reps either hand

bar plus 55-kilos x 12 reps either hand

bar plus 97.5-kilos x 8 reps (had to momentarily re-apply chalk half way through - took seconds) either hand (alternating on this set).

It seems the nearer to the end the stronger I got. I especially like how I swap hands and it helps get me in the groove straight away (perfect hand placement really helps).

Friday

back feels a little better today in spite of the workout yesterday. I watched a pre-recorded episode of The Contendor as some of the fights are proper gladitorial mix ups and get the juices going...

Grippers

bar bending

Tomorrow I have to collect the box of bars from my local sorting office and we will see what I have play with.

http://images2.imagehigh.com/imagehigh/2/1..._225_k_bent.jpg

So, having had a nap and done some more work for the whey company while enjoying a waker upper coffee I bent my first C/bar in a long time. A little tougher than I remember this is a 225-kilo bar and took about 90-100 seconds to bend under the 2" Now I only have 19 more to go :D

I've no idea. I haven't looked at the rules yet. Where are they - I'll train the old way for a week or two then change to the new rules.

Saturday

Seated Press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 8 reps, 28.5-kilos a side x 8 reps (felt a lot better than last week- I's coming back ma!!)

DB Curls

16-kilos x 3 x 8 (slow and strict)

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps, 37.5-kilos a side x 8 reps (all feet up cos of back)

Monday

Rush, rush, rush. 4 calls to follow up on, the PC still damn slow and two dozen emails (inc more payments for whey - looks the special offer is good to go).

Then training before watching (still am - ads are on) the Contender.

Wrist Roller

10-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilos x 4 x 1 rep and 51.75 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

Grippers

I'm sooo busy at the mo. My day job is positively and even more so than usual, restful compared to when I get in. This is in spite of me being at this new place, doing work I don't normally do and pissing away twice what anyone else - who's been their ages by the way - are doing. God help me it's boring but anyway...

With so much to do when I got in (it's 1030 now and here I am uploading more photos) and taking a different way home etc I decided this mornintg to train at home. So...

Tuesday 14th

warm up and stretch

One hand lift

40-kilos x 8 reps e/hand, 100-kilos x 8 reps e/hand and 160-kilos x 5 alternating reps e/hand

bench press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 40-kilos a side x 6 reps (all feet up etc)

supersetted with

One arm rows

142lbs dumbbell x 2 x 4 each hand (a little too heavy both in terms of reps and lower back).

Thursday

Two hand pinch

equ (20-kilos) x 12 reps (on widest setting)

plus 30-kilos x 12 reps.

Boy these hurt by the time I was done. I'm still doing these very upright and with a wide, wide stance (4 feet or so) so the distance pulled isn't great but the loading pin comes up to my groin (ie: well past the knee)

V-bar

20-kilos (plus bar) x 12 reps, 55-kilos (plus bar) x 12 reps and then (more rest pause than last time) 105-kilos x 8 alt reps.

I found a particular sweet spot on both hands which helped me tie in with a tip of David Hornes from way back. The only real pain I'm getting with my back, however, is with v bar due to it's uni-lateral (one sided) pulling motion.

No not yet.

To be honest I don't completely understand them. As best I can make out we must bend to 60-degrees using one style only for each attempt and that style must not be double over hand (ie: as per most of the IM reds have been bent in the US the last couple of years). As you know I don't use this style and prefer unbraced and so ain't too worried.

I'm tempted to get as good as I can on the thickest hardest bar I can and then change to the rules as they need to be come competition time.

I did noticed, as per the images, that both the bars I have bent are off so that means I have at least a 250-kilo bar in me.

yes those are nice bends.

the hard part with the new rules is to bend to 60° in one motion. Personnally it doesn't really make a difference to about 45° but after that I get technical issues if my hands aren't placed perfectly at the beginning of the bend; and even then getting more than 60° even out of an easy nail is very hard.

Ahh, I was beginning to thnk that this was the case. I'll start by putting more effort into the initial bend then. I think I can get a bar to 45-degrees. It's just about where my bars are right now before I chest crush them.