Strongman Ass-kicking Log

Meat Loaf

jesus dan, i didnt realize you did all this stuff...thats some sick shit, especially the stone and keg.....very nice on the farmers, anything that involves working out till you bleed is alright by me :bow nice lifts big guy...tell kevin i said hello

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meat Loaf

• mossman

• Clay Edgin

• Steve B.

"Thirsting for vengeance and mounds of the slain, shaking the forest and into the plains!"

Hey Jeff man! I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with you more this last weekend. It's always a joy to talk with a good grip buddy. Yes, I have my own farmers that I fashioned. I just bought some steel and had a welder put the stuff together (The welder is always like, "what the hell you gonna use THIS for, boy?" :happy

I love my farmers walks. :laugh I was thinking of getting a homemade yoke, but for safety's sake, i may just buy one from www.brutestrength.com from Lance Peterson (lancep). Grip weakness aside, i feel very strong with farmers walks. If the implements are lower, it's hard to deadlift them, but my handles are above the knee so i can just pick up 350 a hand and start skittering forward until my grip slips (dammit!). If grip was not an issue, I know i could walk with those 400s and at Dave Ostlund's contest, there is an 800lb frame carry and if i can pick the thing up, i believe that i could walk the entire distance.

"If you want to win the fight, say I BELIEVE!"

Hail and Kill!

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

No prob man, I'm glad I got to see you guys. I missed the show on Sat.. wish I could have seen that axle press that Brian did.

Keep up the amazing feats!

when do you compete?

-Jeff

ASSES WERE SLAIN YESTERDAY

Who's ass? Mine.

Not after I did some PR dragging though.

I did a 50-60 foot run going forward with a 650lb sled behind me (truck pulling style), but when I loaded it up to 810lbs, i could only take a few baby steps at a time, if that. Then lowered it to 765 and took about 10 feet of baby steps before i ran outta gas totally. Then i lowered it to 720 and kept crawling forward thru immense agony until i got the full 50 foot run.

I finished the day with one last 650 behind me run for 50 feet. It was absolutely excruciating and it was a victory for me because of the willpower required to keep pushing thru pain and hell until the end, because a winner would keep going and I didn't want to be a quitter.

Technically, i dragged a lighter sled back to my garage (450) but i just pulled it backwards using the handle, not crawling forward.

ML

P.S., Jeff, www.ctstrongman.com It's on March 19th, big guy.

man meat. this is one sick log. :bow

i think you would have a blast in my college dorm room just picking up random pieces of furniture and hauling it down the hall. i am sure that we could hook the two beds together and form a pretty kick ass sled for you (just no puking on the my sheets, or you are cleaning em up).

keep up the good work man. this is the kind of stuff i read before i hit the gym...get the blood boiling.

hail and kill dog

Awesome Meat, I wish I could be there to see the action. I know you'll rip trough those events. Go show 'em what it's all about!

"Bravery calls my name

In the sound of the wind in the night

My sword will drink blood

And I will fight

Yes I will fight

In the dawn of battle"

Yoke cradle walking:

530lbs for 150 feet (stopped once at 75 foot mark to rest and turn around). This tooka lot outta me and I had to rest a few minutes to finish the 150 feet, which is unacceptable to me.

600 lbs: 50 feet

650: Total distance 25-30 feet but 2 or 3 stops. I was very exhausted at this point, so it took the power of prayer and willpower to get me thru these last few walks. I felt like a true warrior though, when even though my arms ached horribly and were bloody and red and bruised, i just lifted thru the pain and kept on truckin'.

I felt weaker too because I had yoinked something in my low back doing 18" deads 2 days prior, so it means something extra to me that with an exhausted and sore low back that I still beat my previous PRs.

Finished with upper range of motion axle lockouts/supports/negatives with 320 and 410.

:rock Strength and Honor, :rock

ML

Edited by Meat Loaf

Haven't looked ot your log in a long time...You have gotten much stronger!!

Congrats on your #3 close too Dan!!!

Hey thanks, Paul!

I don't know how I pulled this off, but with athletic tape on my blockweights, I fully deadlifted my 40lber (with the handle still attatched! Haven't sawed it off yet) and nearly stood up all the way with my 45lber many times! Not really strongman related, but kind of.

I believe it's because of the extra thumb strength I got from doing axle work/SHV lockouts. Thumbs felt VERY worked after that stuff.

ML

Edited by Meat Loaf

PR

Just nailed a 285lb 12" log press last night. I had leg drive to get it up and I didn't need to do a second small dip to lock it out either! It was crazy!! To celebrate, I went to a bar with a buddy but I was drunk before I got there so we played pool! Who knew I play better drunk than sober??!?!?

I'm pretty happy.

ML

Edited by Meat Loaf

Nice PR, but stop drinking so much. You're killing your muscles.

hey meat,

great job brother.....im expecting to see a 300lber soon.....clays right, cut the drinking man, who the hell wants to end up like my dad? and, let me say this...if you show up to CT drunk, my mom sees, she wont let me come train with you this summer.....strong or not, id have to whip your ass all over this frozen northland up here you hippyish flabbergastenpoopy

I BAAAAARELY missed a 305 log yesterday. I got within an inch of lockout, and Humanmachine was there with me to verify.

Smitty, my bodyweight is 240-245.

My first workout after the CT meet, I WILL press a 305 log. I was EXTREMELY close to it, and I DID try 305 2 days after my PR of 285, so I was probably a little tired anyway.

Mossman, the only person that could whip my ass is my grandma, ok bitch? :kiss:kiss:kiss

I won't bring any booze. I very rarely get tipsy, and I will NOT be irresponsible with my alcohol at CT. I can't promise I won't get a little lit AFTER the meet though to celebrate (or drown my sorrows if i get my ass handed to me...)

ML

Good news on the log bud.....and your grandma? hmmm come to think about it, i figure she is about normal....whooping you isnt all that of a great feet, i mean shit clay will accomplish that in NorCal :) later man

Yeah, Meat was pretty damm close on locking out that 305 2 or 3 times. He nailed 255 in a warm up like smoke.

He almost checked out early though loosing his balance in one of the 305 attempts... tripping over some boxes and what not. Luckily Meat has some pretty nifty dance moves and was able to avoid disaster.

That must be from all those belly dance lessons he took before he got into strongman!!!!

That must be from all those belly dance lessons he took before he got into strongman!!!!

Your mama taught me

Anyway, today at Odd's:

5 sets of 5 flips with the 800lb tire, EEEEASY.

Axle front squats moving up in weight from 135, 235, 325, 375, 235

Quick effortless 75 foot run with 220/side farmers.

Had to keep things light today so I didn't kill myself before the contest.

Next post from me will be results from STA in Connecticut!

To all open middleweight M2 competitors, hear this:

I'm coming.

And hell's coming with me. :devil

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Best of luck to you Dan.

Give it your best meat, and im sure you will smoke anyone.

Got 3rd place out of 16 monsters. Very close 3rd too. Difference between 3rd and 1st was a second or two on the speed-oriented events. Unfortunately, with the yoke cradle, i was running like a bat outta hell, but i guess i didnt have enough chalk or i didnt prep right because the yoke bar started slipping off and i had to drop it to reset my arms, but that cost me a crucial second or two. Next time, I will have them raise the yoke bar a little so that I can get into more proper form. Nailed 10 reps with a 240 axle, got an easy 615 18" dead but missed 700 because as i was fighting for lockout, i pushed my hips too far forward and (just due to lack of practice on 18" deadlifting) pushed the bar forward and dropped it forward, almost killing the head judge.

The wheelbarrow race kicked ass and thanks to my brother Mossman, i had a little extra Viking Power in me to finish with a time 2 seconds short of the fastest time that day. They scrapped the tire flip/duck walk due to lack of time. Weighed in that day at a healthy 245 on the dot, but I expect to be 250 by Norcal on April 9th. Pressed the inch a bunch of time with either hand after the meet, and once, held the inch overhead with right hand and bent down and at the same time picked up a 95lb kettlebell and did an upright row with it with my left hand.

To the Diesel guys:

Mark and Brad: you guys are 2 stocky tough sons of bitches and I expect great things!

Eli: you fought bravely and I know the power of your sword!

Jedd: Great to finally meet you and it was a total pleasure to spend some time with you

Smitty: Thanks for the aspirin fri night :D and thanks for all the encouragement.

Mossman: I know you didn't have the best of luck, but you stuck to your guns and kept on pushing. We will train together thsi summer and I will pass down all the knowledge that I can to you, young brother. And sorry that your mom had to experience the power of my farts all weekend long. I hope her nose has stopped bleeding....

I alsoqQualified for Nationals in Kentucky this November...

...more blood will be spilled, MORE WILL BE KILLED.

ML

Edited by Meat Loaf

thanks alot meat....i wished we could have gotten some video of you with the INCH, but of course the damn camera had to die a few minutes before that.....besides that little stroke of luck, you want to talk about some more? after missing my IM cert, i concentrated on Jedd's words, trying my hardest to wrap my thumb around instead of letting it stick out....closed the #3 today with little problem, from a wider than parallel set :angry: goddamn i hate inconsistencies