Strongman Ass-kicking Log

Meat Loaf

I won't be training with the Freak Factory anymore because they don't think I fit into their "tight knit family". The evidently had a problem with me training every other week with them instead of every week. I think its bullshit because Kevin said i "never came prepared" with tape/gatorade, etc...thats shit because i used a guy's athletic tape ONCE. Once. I always brought gatorade and if someone was really needing it, i let them have mine. Who am I...the gatorade fairy here to sprinkle gatorade on them all?? :angry:

Whatever

I will keep posting my strongman training (with Odd or with whoever else i train with) for all my fans to see :whistel. Some of you are just getting out of control though....Clay, stop sending me your underwear...

oh yuk, i can't believe i actually wrote that.... :(

sorry

Thanks for reading, whoever does!

MEAT

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meat Loaf

• mossman

• Clay Edgin

• Steve B.

They actually told you that you're not allowed to train with them anymore? WOW.

BTW, what are your stats (age/weight/height)? Looks like youre a pretty strong dude.

BTW, its been so long since I've had somebody to train with I would gladly provide gatorade every workout. Whining pussies.

Edited by MikeP

Thanks, guys.

Yep, kicked out. They have guys who dont' train there for months and are still considered part of the group. Me? I miss a week here and there to go train with a world strongman competitor and i get the boot.

I'm 23, +230lbs (ten of those pounds are my freakishly large balls :whistel ), and 6'0"

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

I hope we get to compete against each other someday, or at least train together. Pretty similar size and strengths. Would be fun. Unfortunately, I am -225. (attempting a math joke there, since you said you are + ah, screw it). How do you go rock bottom squat with your freakishly large balls? I have always found mine get in the way with deep squats. Have to focuse more on deadlifts cause I can position them out of the way better.

;) so thats why i have trouble squatting deep.....hey meat, my best advice is f*ck em......i think they dont like the fact you are outdoing most of them.....plus, they all sound like they got just a little too much pride flowing through em.....can we say hubris anyone?...my best advice is train like mad, then go back and show em all up, then leave....do it quietly and respectfully, but let your strength speak for you... besides everyones else here knows you are the real deal, so why mess with them?

Meatloaf,

You know where those guys will be in 2005 at the Cal.strongman contest i think it's in May.You should be training for it now so you can whoop some asses.Hey youv'e been in there "house" so you know what your up against.Wouldn't be nice to put some of them in their place through beating them in a comp.I couldn't think of a better motivation.

Oh yeah, Steve. I want to REALLY work on my farmers and yoke so i can beat the a-hole guy at least (cause he's really good at farmers and yoke). I really want to whoop their asses at Cali Pro-am. My enemies.....all....shall DIE

Imagining the look on their faces will be priceless with I fly past those assholes :flame

MEAT

Having training partners with cool equipment and hard training can be very valuable, but if they're sitting around talking about you and deciding that you can't play with them, then who needs them. If I were you, I would train with Josh and Odd every chance I got; they are so much stronger and can teach you a lot with their experiences. And it's nice not to be judged!

As for underwear thing, give me a couple days to come up with a good comeback. I just got back into town an hour ago.

If I were you, I would train with Josh and Odd every chance I got; they are so much stronger and can teach you a lot with their experiences.  And it's nice not to be judged!

Ditto.

Training with very experienced and World Class Odd Haugen ? :bow and training with heavyweight amateur phenom Josh? :bow might be the better choice- even IF everyone at the Freak place "got along".

Like Clay said THEY are much stronger -than the other guys. Training around truly superior athletes would be the way to go....whenever possible.

What an opportunity.

Meat, when ever I encounter a rather hot headed iron game trainee, I have nothing but absolute confidence I will one day greatly surpass them in all abilities I so choose. Don't let him dictate your training, hit the yoke and farmers because you want to improve over your best.

They probably didn't like your new haircut :D Now you have to beat them come contest time. That will be the sweetest revenge you can exact. Good luck and please keep us posted

I was at handgripperman's house today and did a 300lb axle clean.

Got it up to my shoulders, but it took so much effort that i didnt attempt the press. I want to practice heavy axle lifting from the rack position so i can test my pressing power without having expended lots of energy doing the clean. Handgripperman was doing an axle clean...he is still learning...and he fell backwards on his ass :whacked Thank God he's okay and he didnt land on a big nail or something :help

My deadlifting is going in the tubes. My low back has been hurting for a few weeks, and i didnt even budge 565 off the floor. 565. :whacked I have done a 600 dead and 565 bitch slapped me today. I need to rest my low back a lot because even in household situations, when i bend over to pick something up, my low back hurts a little...killing my deadlift strength.

More updates tomorrow and sunday from Steve B's palace and Odd's "Valhalla West" gym. MEAT

(This is meatloaf on handgripperman's computer btw.) Well, i have to admit that the 565 attempt WAS with the new sumo stance i was trying out, but i have a feeling i didnt even get into the position i had in mind either.....either way i'm pissed. On the plus side i dropped the 300 axle i had cleaned onto my thighs so i have some manly battle bruises

MEAT

Ok, i have redeemed myself. The nexy day after my 565 failure, i did 2 reps with 565 at Steve B's house. I tried 625 and 630, but no luck. It was stupid because the 565 felt really good, but for some reason, my low back is really strong but has NO endurance. I am assuming that the 565 double spent me and that's why i failed the 625 and 630. I was also wearing pretty think soled/heeled shoes and i can only imagine how much more i can deadlift barefoot.

MEAT

Quit blaming your failed lifts on your vagina and grow a pair!!!

oh meat damn its on dude....whats up with this bare foot dead shit? never heard of it before? want to explain it to me? sounds like it might be fun....cant wait till we get to train this summer man

Moss,

I have very thick soled shoes. With the sumo style i deadlift with, the hardest part of the lift is the first couple inches. The lift gets exponentially easier the higher the bar gets, so if i can further minimize the distance (and not sabotage my efforts for a max deadlift by wearing fat shoes) i should minimize my height, thus wearing no shoes should maximize my leverage and the bar will start at a relatively higher position even before it launches off the floor.

Aren't you all impressed now.

MEAT

And if I lost my shins in the war like Cotton Hill did (Hank Hill's dad) I would be pulling a half ton. No excuses hippy!

God bless you Clay for the Hank Hill reference.

W

i havent tried sumo yet, but i plan to....i cant wait to hit 500 later this year....i have a powerlifting meet coming up, and im sure i will win..its all raw, and i have already scouted my competition....i really want to make a good showing in the deadlift though......which style are you more comfortable with meat?

Moss, Sumo feels way better to me. I'm surprised i didn't try it sooner but my back was hurtin from conventional deadlifts and i tried sumo and the weight went up nearly effortlessly. Eyebrows raised, i was determined to get to the bottom of this position and it works well for me. It doesn't put nearly as much strain on the lower back, so i'm not hunched over for a week like grandpa after a deadlift workout anymore.

Clay, go sell some propane and propane accessories thundertits

:kiss

MEAT

p.s. I ordered the INCH DUMBBELL THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!! Now i can workout all night long during my graveyard shifts.

Also, I almost F ing died on the way from work this morning. It was so flooded, i thought my engine was gonna stall out. I spent nearly 3 hours driving home :angry::angry::angry::angry: I felt liek Peter stepping off the boat and walking on water in faith as i drove thru HUGE "swimming pools" of water in the streets. Thank God I made it. :bow