• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meat Loaf

• mossman

• Clay Edgin

• Steve B.

Great job on the blob lift. I had no idea you were such a pinch monster. Oh yeah and I suppose the stone lift was pretty good too :D:bow

Great lifting man! And let me say how glad I am I didn't have to share that couch with you after that meal :pinch:cry:help

And it took him about five tries before he got it.Must of been that song and thinking about the girl that done him wrong.

Hey thanks a lot, Tom. Hard work and tacky got those stones up!

I got my INCH dumbbell today. I could pop up one of the globes pretty high, but not a full deadlift. I cleaned it two handed really easily though! Clay, I HAVE gotten a lot stronger since you pork and I last met because my inch bell did not feel intimidating like it did last time. I KNOW i have gained a lot of functional strength since doing hard strongman training. I got the INCH to my shoulder and as long as i stabilized it at the weight with a finger of the other hand at the pre-push press position, i could easily push press and hold the INCH fully locked out. I could NOT come close to doing that the first time i felt an INCH db back in february (or whenever IRON GRIP comp in northridge was). I can now push press and lock out the INCH with either hand. I can not yet do it without slightly stabilizing the weight with my other hand (very lightly) but i will only get stronger as time passes. The INCH just didnt feel as heavy as it used to. Maybe its cause a 300lb stone feels easy to me now where it used to feel like...um...a big 300lb stone.

:kiss i love you, Inchie thru richer or poorer, sickness and in health..... :kiss And any of you guys who think i have an unhealthy attatchment to that dumbbell....you don't know the half of it :ohmy hahahaahha

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Hey thanks a lot, Tom. Hard work and tacky got those stones up!

I got my INCH dumbbell today. I could pop up one of the globes pretty high, but not a full deadlift. I cleaned it two handed really easily though! Clay, I HAVE gotten a lot stronger since you pork and I last met because my inch bell did not feel intimidating like it did last time. I KNOW i have gained a lot of functional strength since doing hard strongman training. I got the INCH to my shoulder and as long as i stabilized it at the weight with a finger of the other hand at the pre-push press position, i could easily push press and hold the INCH fully locked out. I could NOT come close to doing that the first time i felt an INCH db back in february (or whenever IRON GRIP comp in northridge was). I can now push press and lock out the INCH with either hand. I can not yet do it without slightly stabilizing the weight with my other hand (very lightly) but i will only get stronger as time passes. The INCH just didnt feel as heavy as it used to. Maybe its cause a 300lb stone feels easy to me now where it used to feel like...um...a big 300lb stone.

:kiss i love you, Inchie thru richer or poorer, sickness and in health..... :kiss And any of you guys who think i have an unhealthy attatchment to that dumbbell....you don't know the half of it :ohmy    hahahaahha

MEAT

Sounds like you really want to give it to that DB...an "inch" at a time :help

Edited by pdoire

Meat, maybe you should drill a hole through the handle of your inch dumbell like Thomas Inch did... :whistel

Or maybe you uncovered the REAL reason he drilled the hole....I never did believe any of that "stops the bells rotation" crap

oh man...that poor bell......can we say rape in progress? leave it to POWERGAYBOYBANDLOAF to molest that innocent chunk of iron.....just kidding dan, you are crazy to be able to do that.....i cant wait to be make some bigger stones and try out your theory.....damn, now i want an INCH replica so bad :mellow

P.S.-did you two sign a pre-nup? :laugh

What's funny is that when he brings his new Inch bell to Steve B's place next month the first person to try to lift it is going to say "Dan, have you been using tacky on this handle? It's all sticky!"

"uh, yeah...tacky."

And a new low has been reached on the gripboard.

Congrats, Clay

ok no more wisecracks. This is my training log! I am training with Josh and Odd tomorrow and I'll give a report on the destruction and pain if I hit any PRs

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

You bring that bad boy over this Saturday so we others can have a go at it.

Strongman kicked MY ass yesterday at Odd's.

Started with front squats. Did a 365 squat but failed at 455 and then failed at 405. Maybe i didnt' have enough strength, but i think it's because the bar kept slipping forward at the bottom of the rep and i had to keep dumping it. Front squats were fun and I'm gonna start practicing them more. A wider stance helps me stay erect (not dumping the bar) at the bottom of the squat.

Then to deadlift lockouts. Bar at slightly above knee height. I did 730 (a joke) but i couldnt move 820! Ridiculous. After my 730 i felt a little twinge in my low back...something i only feel when overtrained. Keep in mind a few days prior i had dome some heavy lifting that fatigued my low back and it felt a little irritated then, too and THAT was after a week of jack hammering (tired tired erectors...) I set the bar nice and high and almost locked out 1,000 but i was so tired by then i couldn't complete the lift. We did deadlift holds in the car-squat apparatus too and i held 650 for 23 seconds. :mellow

Didn't feel too good...didn't have the eye of the tiger in me that day for some reason. I know my erectors/traps/lats ahve been sore, and you cant expect to perform well on deadlifts if THOSE muscles are already sore. I had a bunch of coffee prior to lifting and one would think that caffeine would help, it actually hinders me. I am hyperactive so most stimulants actually calm me way down. Grip felt shitty too since I've been playing with the inch all week and doing hard grip stuff. I'm gonna do nothing but some moderate grip stuff this Saturday with Steve B and then rest the whole week to come back to Odd's next sunday and whip some damn ass.

MEAT

PR = 350 neck lift on an Ironmind neck harness at big Steve B's house

I tried 400 but that will happen in a few weeks. Why?

Because I am HE MAN :laugh

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

HI MEAT IM GLAD YOU FINNALY GOT THAT INCH HAVE FUN YOU WILL BE LIFTING IT IN NO TIME TRAIN HARD GET STRONG AND TRY TO SET A PERSONAL BEST EVERY DAY :yikes PS WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DOES THE INCH SLEEP :laugh

• 2 weeks later...

New ass-kicking to report:

Went to Odd's yesterday and whomped some ass.

I didn't do as good at the stones as i have before although i went thru the mini medley (220, 265, 306) pretty easily. I also managed to load a 230 stone onto a 65" platform, which is pretty damn tall. I also fell on my ass trying to load a 312 stone onto a 61" platform...no harm done except for everyone laughing at me :(

Including myself! :D

Bryant brought a 350lb keg and we all took turns loading it onto a fairly tall platform. It kicked ass. Adn both Bryant and Odd LOADED THE 350lb KEG ONTO THE TALLEST STONE PLATFORM!!! It was insane.

Then we did front carries on his yoke (you know, to simulate conan's wheel...)

The distance was around 50-60 feet, maybe a little more, but we went from 440, 530, 620, and 710 lbs. I easily carried the 440 and 530, but with 620, i managed about 2/3 of the way. I stood up with 710, but I can't walk with it yet. Hell, Josh only walked about 10 feet with it! These weights mean a lot more than a 620 conan's because the weight on a conans wheel isn't right on you. It's off to your right a few feet but with front carries, the weight is right on yo ass so it's a lt more intense than conan's...not to mention that with front carries, it doesn't guide you like the conan's does.

:rock Good workout and my arms are covered with bruises and red marks, so hopefully the ladies will notice....ahhahah

MEAT

very nice dan....sounds like you will smoke people at stones in the future.....thats pretty Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing crazy about the keg load too...how tall was the platform? also, please send me info on the keg load and yoke carry....if i enter this contest in march like i want to, i will have to do both and i have never had experience with either...what was the keg loaded with? anyway, give me a call this weekend...or i can call you doesnt matter...see ya man.....keep strong

tim

hey did you get your new INCH yet?

Workout plans for the next 2 weeks:

Tomorrow: One arm cheat bar rows with slow negatives

Saturday: Gripping at Steve B's

Sunday at Odd's (may change): Stones (balls out), Yoke, Farmers, Log

Wednesday at Odd's: Tire, Drag

Saturday: Steve B-a-Thon starting at 9am and going till midnight.

Sunday: And on the seventh day the Lord created the sabbath....(rest)

MEAT

3 day Bloodshed to report:

Wednesday: 2 sets of cheat bent rows (use leg drive to pull bar to stomach, then lower with lat power) 375x10 and 405x8

Saturday at Steve B's: 375lb neck lift PR. Near close of #3...will get next week. I am getting worse and worse on the rolling thunder as time passes...I HATE that thing. I am getting better and better and 2" axle dbl overhand deadlifting, but the rolling thunder is getting worse! WTF?? Zach Passman showed up and it was wodnerful to train with him. He is a phenomenal powerlifter, gripper, and bender. He melted a red, and then I did a piece of 7" 5/16" crs way offcenter pretty fast after i watched Zach do the red (i had forgotten the technique i used to use...i then got my hands and elbows high and bent right in front of my neck and...WHAM. Red dead. Handgripperman overcrushed a #3 for about an hour too....

Sunday at Odd's: Did the stone medley of 235, 265, 306 and then loaded the 350. :trout My low back was bothering me from the beginning...so i will rest it for 2 weeks and then manhandle the biggest stone for as many reps as i can get.

Axle dbl overhand deadlifts: I ended up fully deadlifting 320 dbl overhand, but Josh got like 400 but only because he rolled it into his lap and stood up with it like a stone :dry. We all had a good laugh though....Josh's ass gas was killing us all too! Damn, too much protein in his diet or something. We lauged as hard as we trained on sunday! It was good times all around. :D:D:laugh:laugh

We couldn't do the yoke due to the rain so we did indoor yoke 6" lockouts. 985 got its shit ruined by me, but freaking Josh Bryant worked up to..... 1,425 lbs :blink:ohmy

:kiss Yes, ladies. 1,425lbs for a 6" lockout on the yoke. :bow I called him that night and asked him how it felt. He said, "Dan, it felt like my guts were gonna shoot out of my urethra!" :ohmy

We finished with crucifix holds with 40lb implements. I held them for 14 seconds, but Josh got em for 40. It is a lot harder because you have to hold them with your arms PERFECTLY straight. NO elbow bend at ALL. Very strictly!

That was that. Odd graciously provided us with massive amounts of pizza pie afterwards!

Ultimate Slaughter at Steve B's this saturday at 9am.

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

dan, nice work on the stones an yolk lockouts.....god that event is miserable.....im still in awe of josh....how did the cheat rows work for you? do you think the help your back power? if so let me know......id like to get a little better on rows, and alot stronger.....if they help me power im all for it

SUPREME ASS SLAYING:

Today at the BEST grip gathering EVER EVER EVER at Steve B's, my buddy Handgripperman certified on the #3 in front of Randy Strossen himself!

My new PRs:

1) Closed a #3 with a deep set

2) One arm pressed my 170lb INCH dumbbell for reps during the day

3) 425lb Neck harness lift

4) 270lb log press

5) 1,205lb Squat lockout

6) One arm cheat rows with 250

7) Spent the day with lots of powerful grip vikings who rule Valhalla

PRAISE THE LORD

MEAT

Pretty Insane numbers there Meat :bow

Pretty Insane numbers there Meat  :bow

I guess when you are insane ...it is easier to get those insane numbers!! ;)

Great job..... Dan the Man