Strongman Ass-kicking Log

Meat Loaf

Assuming those lunatics invite me back, i will record my lifts.

yoke 600x50feet...lots of stops, 600x50feet few stops, 700x50feet...quite a few stops

farmers 185x100' 275x100' 5 or 6 stops

dry heave

puke :help

lay for awhile in my own vomit with massive headache :help

barbell deadlift 505x6

tire flip 800lbx7 flips with 600lb sled drag for 50 feet following immediately. yuk.

185 stone racked, 240 stone, 265 stone, no attempt at 308 stone

Massive amounts of barbeque to heal the body mind and soul

Next week: Conan's wheel, log pressing, yoke or farmers, and whatever else those animals have me do

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meat Loaf

• mossman

• Clay Edgin

• Steve B.

Puking 4 times in one workout has to be a PR for you, right?

Strongman training is fun, and you are fortunate to be able to train with those guys so close to where you live. Take full advantage of it and GROW!

I plan on doing some log liftin and farmers walks this saturday and Steve B.s place, and ill give a report then if there is anything noteworthy

Today i bent a 6" piece of 1/4" crs square stock. It didnt bend really on the corner edge...it was weird...hard as hell too

And i also U'ed a 10" galv 3/8" spike today. It kicked ass. I had to start it over a bar (actually i did it in the home depot parking lot over one of the bars on one of their carts with ManOWar playing in my car...) and then put leather on the ends and chest crushed the S.O.B. down to a U

Fun stuff and my knuckles are sore now.

I dont know if i am gonna continue with the Freak Factory. Some of those guys are assholes (some are awesome too, like Kevin Kinzy) and ive never been attracted to any type of endurace events (which is a lot of strongman stuff...how long can you walk with X weight) but ill give em one more shot.

MEAT

Went to Steve B's today. Pressed a 260lb log which was a 10 lb pr. Next time: 275. Did a bunch of other stuff but this one was my favorite.

MEAT

Meatloaf also did a 1/4 squat starting on the pins in the rack with 1000lbs.Went for 1135lbs.about all my bar could hold but couldn't get it though he gave it three good trys.He flexed the bar but couldn't get it off the pins and nearly passed out.This kid has some great raw strength.

Actually Steve i think it was 1155 :whistel but i could be wrong as i often am haha! Hey Steve B, i was right by hour house tonight on the way to huntington beach! I'll call you soon and we'll lift!

I trained at the asshole Factory...i mean the Freak Factory. I managed 230 on a 12" thick log lift and barely missed 240. That thing is WAY harder than an 8" wide log! Then we did rock-bottom box pause squats and i got humiliated with 435. Dammit. It felt light as a feather until i sat down on that box and stopped. The first 3 inches up even on the easy warmups felt literally hundreds of pounds heavier!

We did a tire flip/sled drag medley...800 lb tire flipped 8 times then a 380 lb sled dragged for 80 feet. I was dead after this shit and then we rested about 30 minutes and finished the day with stones. I couldn't even do the 262 stone today dammit! I am struggling with technique...really trying to "hug" the stone instead of just using my grip to hold onto it. One of the guys there is really giving me a damn hard time, too. Everyone else is cool and encouraging but this guy needs a bitch slap. He reminded me of a dick at school i always hated and wanted to beat up. I am too old for that shit now so i just throw back whatever evil comeback i can think of when he opens his big damn mouth. He is 30 as well, but he acts like he is 14. Dammit, it's really frustrating. I want to show him God's love in my behavior but at the same time, i don't want to take unnessecary amounts of crap from him. Pray for wisdom in my handling of this challenging situation.

I am sore as heck and i need a long ass night's sleep. I went to my aunt's house tonight and she was barbecuing.....BARBECUED LETTUCE. I thought she was joking but i ate a big plate of lettuce. I don't think so. In and Out time, baby.

MEAT (not lettuce)

• 2 weeks later...

LOL nice sig meat,

I went to Odd Haugen's house to train with him and Josh Bryant today. We did Odd's light stones (220, 230, 265) and they were easy as hell for me so next time at the Freak Factory I'm gonna do all theyr damn stones (up to 330). The tacky i put on my arms helped a lot, too.

We then did a 50 foot drag with 600. It wasn't bad but the funny thing was we put about 220-230 lbs on the sled by means of a heavy sandbag, then get this: we had Josh Bryant's 340 lb dad sit on the bag so the total weight was around 600. IT was so funny, us pulling his dad around the street and stuff...haha.

We did the 660lb yoke third. I felt fine, but i kept dropping it. I need to work on core/hip strength a lot more. The yoke demands total body strength, not just leg strength.

I did some bar rows to finish off with his ironmind axle (loaded to maybe 265 or 275). Odd and his wife were nice enough to invite me to stay for lunch an they ordered some KILLER chinese food!

Odd Haugen is a real good guy and he has an absolutely wicked home gym

MEAT

Meat your a lucky bastard.

Learn as much as you can from Odd.Thats the way to get an edge on the freak factory guys.I don't think that one guy will shut up untill out do him on a event.When you do be humble and show him how a winner acts.You will earn his respect when you out do him.

Hey thanks, Steve! I will take your advice.

Drop me a PM sometime and tell me how your deadlifting son is doing..did he hit 400 yet?

Hey we'll get together soon and grip....ill call and see what you are doing in a couple weeks or so

God Bless

MEAT

thats it meat...i liked you, but now im jealous! training with odd! oh you lucky SOB......see, all the blond pretty boys get the best opportunities :dry just kidding man, but you are a lucky bastard.

Odd Haugen is a real good guy and he has an absolutely wicked home gym

IMHO,Odd is truly one of the masters of thickbar. :cool

Amazingly strong and still kicking ass in strongman and Rolling Thunder contests at the tender age of 55.

The heavier the contest?the better Odd likes it....as it should be. :rock

Trained with the FREAKS today. Did a 12" log press. worked up to a 270 log but barely missed it (only one other guy got it...Kevin Kinzy himself)...but i got closer than anyone else. Then we did Conan's wheel. I'm not quite sure of the poundage but it felt Heavy As Hell. (H.A.H. pounds, that is) The guy working it with me said it was between 600 and 700 though. I made a full revolution with the top weight of the day, but the assmaster that i can never seem to beat yet went around twice. Then came the EVER HATED (by me) tire flip/drag medley. I did my best ever doing the 8 tire flips and 400lb drag in 2min, 30sec. Usually i am near death afterwards but i felt pretty good cause it was over so fast. I was praying so hard...I felt a surge of power right as i started! Thanks, God!

We then did deadlifts. I did a measly ass 445x6. My grip was so tired ti was slipping! And i've done rack lockouts with 855!....eh....whatever.

Then we did stones. Yuck. The stones whooped my ass as usual and i only managed the 262 stone. Man, i felt SO good at the stones last week! The stones at Odds are smooth and they stick to tacky better but thats no excuse. I was damn beat and i got the 300 stone moving, but it just slipped right out. I also felt a lot of pain in my "hammer curl" muscles. Where the bicep connects to the forearm and also the top forearm extensors. Felt like they were gonna tear off the bone, so that was a day for me.

Someone give me some beef jerky. Now.

Hope you all are doing well.

Power!

MEAT

• 2 weeks later...

I will pretend that somebody actually reads this:

I trained with Odd Haugen and Josh Bryant today. Damn fine workout. We did stones, although i only did the light one because my bicep tendons were still sore from last saturday's assault. I did a ton of log lifting though. Managed 10 reps with a ~200lb log. Not much you say? The log was +14 inches wide. Totally different feel. I cleaned 250 with that log, but i could not press it (I have pressed 260 with an 8" log...the width totally makes it more of a challenge!) We just did a bunch of various log lifting, and playing around with Odd's Inch dumbbells ( i am going to marry an inch dumbbell :help i am obsessed with those things). I flipped a 1,200 pound tire too. PR.

I did squats for the first time in 2 months and did an easy, below parallel with 465 (no belt), and attemped a very deep 500 3 times (with belt), but didn't F ing get it. I really believe i would have gotten in on my second attempt because i felt like i could, but i actually went too far down and started to lean forward...end of story...i also bumped one of the safety pins (yes i went very low) and it threw off my momentum, so i couldn't squat it. Damn. No excuses, but maybe if i had a mirror in front of me while i squatted i could judge how low i needed to go versus trying to sit on my calves with 500lbs.

Another day, another BATTLE.

"Got To Make It Louder All Men Play On Ten

If You’re Not Into Metal You Are Not My Friend"

Edited by Meat Loaf

pretend someone actually reads this? give me a F'ing break meat....i read all your stuff......dude, you are the man.......i want to be able to hang out with you and clay someday....so dont pretend like this stuff doesnt matter.....alot of the stuff you have done is pretty bad ass....especially that log press.....14 ''? holy shit :bow

:bow:bow:bow thats all i got to say