Strongman Ass-kicking Log

Meat Loaf

Thanks, Paul and the rest!

I was going to go to Odd's today but since I have been barfing and shitting my brains out all day long, I will go to Odd's on monday afternoon and give the atlases a ride.

I only posted not because I think you all care that i was sick, but the PR was that I've never barfed and crapped this much in my life. It was all the fault of about 9 salmon cakes i ate last night along with a huge bowl of mac and cheese (plus 2 arizona iced teas) all consumed right before bed. :pinch

I woke up at 4:15am and as soon as i got out of bed, i knew this was gonna be no routine midnight piss. :devil About a million barfs and a couple huge craps later :pinch, i had to go to work. So i went....and just when i thought it was safe to walk around, i made the mistake of thinking about the morning's barfs. Bad move. The mere thought of barf reminded me how gross it was...so i started barfing again. I think i saw a kidney come out this time. :help:help:help

My ass is a lethal weapon. :flame

:pinch

My goal for monday at Odd's is to rep the 385 stone as many times as possible. I will try to get him to let me flip the tire too (1,200 lbs of GLORY)

God Bless all of you (and God help my stomach!!!)

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meat Loaf

• mossman

• Clay Edgin

• Steve B.

Sounds like bad salmon to me.

What are you down now to since you lost all that barf weight?

Didn't lose barf weight.

In fact, last night I loaded the 385 stone 3 times and did the 350 stone twice (along with the 306 stone a few times throughout the night...without ever having to lap it.)

I was beat but i still flipped the 1,200 tire 8 or 9 times.

Odd was very gracious and for Christmas he gave me a huge bag full of nice Apex supplements!

Didn't lose barf weight.

In fact, last night I loaded the 385 stone 3 times and did the 350 stone twice (along with the 306 stone a few times throughout the night...without ever having to lap it.)

I was beat but i still flipped the 1,200 tire 8 or 9 times.

Damn.Strong.

dan....you strong dick you......grrr.......you make me look like a little kitten by comparison.......well anywhoo very nice, especially the tire....damn :help ....what did you get for supplements?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest RAMPAGE:

Lots of sled drags with 620lbs on a wooden sled. Felt easy until the last 10 or 15 feet or so. I puked a few times after my first run but after some water and orange juice, time to kill again. Handgripperman was over and we took turns doing drags until we dropped. Oh yeah and we worked out too... :blush

I will fashion a metal sled ASAP and do 800lb+ drags as soon as i get it. The wood sled was virtually melting underneath the weight plates, so it's time for STEEL.

MEAT

Just to make a correction to the above post, my last set or two was with 665, not 620 for the backwards drag.

Yesterday though, i did forward walking pulls with my harness (harness=chain looped thru weight plates and attached to my belt :) )

I used 400lbs to drag forward for 2 easy sets of 50-60 feet then i chained te 165lb beer keg onto it and didn't get too far (25 feet either way) but it was a killer leg workout. I was puking half the time and my legs were screaming in AAAAAGONY!!!

All in the name of the LORD!

MEAT

Meat, you ever try a sled made out of an old tire? I got the idea from Steve Weiner and it is killer. Just drag in on asphalt or concrete, the friction more than makes up for the lack of weight! Great job by the way.

Meat you're never going to bulk up if you keep puking!

ATTEMPT: 300 lb 12" log

Result: I got my ass kicked. I believe I would have gotten it too (i warmed up with a ridiculously easy 210 and 240 press...they felt like nothing) but after I cleaned it, I took a step back to steady myself for the press and i bumped into a piece of equipment behind me and fell...the 300lb steel log flew down and crash landed on my left leg, which is now out-of-comission for a few days. I can barely walk or get in/out of my car. :(

Now, because I am such a manly man, i staggered up after a few minutes with nearly tears in my eyes, put on a tight knee wrap on lefty, and clean the log again but by that time, i had no use of my left leg for a push press, so i put the log down again...lost a little control cause of my hurting leg...AND THE LOG LANDED ON MY LEFT QUAD AGAIN. :(:(:(

Next time I try the 300lb log, Lord willing, I will succeed. I need to use a deeper squat before the log clean, too. I usually use a basic "cheat curl" stely log clean without much leg drive, but i believe that's a mistake. to go into a deep squat, jump up, and then hurl the log up would seem to work a lot better.

The frustrating part (besides the massive pain) was that I drove an hour to Odd's to do this in the first 5 minutes of my workout there.

Somebody help me. For the love of God help me.

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Oh, so the mighty warrior wants help eh? how unmanly.... :D i suppose i could always send morgan out there to help you dan! :laugh im sure she would make it all better( and make it burn when you pee :yikes ) hey just trying to cheer you up man.......have faith, and you will come back stronger than ever........cant wait to train at Odd's with you

• 2 weeks later...

Some ass whipping happenned at Odd's on Sunday:

Thanks to John Beatty, I am now nearly perfect at my log cleans and although i cleaned a 280 12" log, i could not lock it out in a press after several attempts. I believe my weakness was due to my recently being very sick (and some delt/trap work i was still pretty sore from), and I know I was not at my best, but next time, I will press at least 280.

After a few attempts at 280 however, my left quad really started hurting again and it felt really bruised (which is odd because a week ago, i had done heavy farmers and dragging and felt fine). DANGIT!

Fortunately, I slayed a dragon this day that i was previously unable to kill: a 375 lb sandbag load onto a 59" platform. I had been having a hell of a time getting it onto my lap and I finally summonned the powers of MANOWAR and i inched it up into my lap, then stood up and placed it squarely onto the platform. YES.

Leg still feels bad though....can't stretch it very far. No visible bruising, but it feels like crap.

Also strongly considering flying out to Connnecticut to compete with the Diesel boys on March 19th. I live in CA. Why, you say, would i fly cross country to compete? WHY NOT???

MEAT

Cheat rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps with 445.

These are done by first deadlifting the weight, bendig forward like you would with normal bar rows, and using leg drive along with rowing power to yank the weight toward the stomach but then letting the bar down as strictly as possible.

Left leg still hurts.

MEAT

So there I was, leaning forward...held up by the weight of a 600 lb sled behind me, strapped to my back onto my home made harness....I got down low, into the starting position...GO! I started flying forward and as I gained speed, the evil lord of hell stood watching...trying to discourage me, but he screamed in DEFEAT as I kept going, and going, and going, even when a 140lb neighborhood guy jumped onto the sled, making it well over 700 lbs. PR. I kept going until i dropped, lifeless, more than 50 or 60 feet later....SWEET DEATH. :rock

I made several very heavy (for me) forward and backwards drags with PR weights. I even got 760lbs a few feet with the weight behind me (on my harness), going forward! PR. I actually began the day with heavy duck walking with a (of course) home-made piece of equipment. I did 2 runs with 325, falling a couple times since it was the first time ever duck-walking with weight (I've duck walked before, but that's only after I had crapped my pants at school... :( ). I then did 2 flawless, very speedy runs with 350 and 2 final runs with minimal drops with 400lbs. Each run was 25 feet (as it will be in the CT Strongman Meet).

Evil is hunting him.

A Gripboard fellowship will protect him.

God is with him.

An adventure awaits.

...and then I puked 4 times and called it a day. :rock:rock:rock:rock

MEAT

You're getting very strong Meat. I hope you consider coming out to St. Paul this June for the pro-am contest that Peterson and I are putting on.

Thanks, Dave. That means a lot coming from you. I DID see briefly on the NASS website some info about the contest you guys are putting on and I can only say these things:

1) Those are some heavy damn stones

2) Now that I have a lot of time and money on my hands (between school/etc.) I will be travelling and competing a LOT in the future, so expect to see me at some big meets and...

3) If I don't think I would get slaughtered at your meet Dave, I would be honored to come!

MEAT

• 2 weeks later...

Yoke: Yoke is my worst event, but I will turn it into one of my best soon. My dad came with me to watch me train, which I was really happy about. He got to meet Odd and the other guys too. Josh was sick though. Aftyer more practice and mess ups, Dad and Odd corrected my form a LOT and I ended up making 2 perfect runs with 660, and then 2 nearly flawless runs with 760. We loaded it up to 900 and I knew i could walk with it, but I didn't want to disobey Odd because he said we were just doing timed holds, so we each stood with the 900 yoke on our backs for 15-20 seconds. Then we loaded it up to 1,000 and stood for 5-10 seconds. Mike and Odd took steps with it but I don't believe I could have stepped with it. If i was totally fresh, I have a chance, and I ABSOLUTELY could have walked with 900, but until next time... After i put the 1,000 yoke down, i half passed out and fell onto his steel sled (ow).

I loaded the 385 stone after that, but failed at more attempts at stone loading. Exhaustion, I assume. I DID nearly load the 370lb keg onto the 60" platform. I always hurt myself taking the keg off of the platofrm and onto the floor...i scraped half of my knuckles and made them bleed (battle scars...kickass). The keg was ON the platform, but i couldn't give it the final little push to roll it all the way on....and I passed out. I had enough energy to somehow control the keg down, but then i just fell to the floor, shaking. I was shaking like a fish out of water for about 5 seconds, then I came to and slowly stood up and called it a day.

I will kill. And I will kill with power.

DIE! DIE! DIE!

MEAT :rock

Dammit, why do you keep passing out and puking? Go see a doctor!

Low blood sugar?

Holding your breath too much?

Dehydrated?

high blood pressure?

OR?

something seems to be going on.

good training report.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I did a write up of my lifts at the fit expo, so in short, here is what i did:

Walked 30 feet holding a 410lb round natural stone after unloading it from the platform and standing back up with it

Loaded a near 400lb keg

Earlier in the day, walked 30 feet or so pretty fast holding that same keg (bringing it to the stage)

EASY front carry walk with near 600 across the stage

Sped along with 340 farmers each hand but only made it 10 feet because my hands hurt so bad from crap i was doing all day (re-setting the 400lb farmers implements for 30 minutes one hand at a time! Basically a half hour of 400lb one-hand deads!)

After the first night of the fit expo, i was so psyched that i went home and did an hour of 350lb per hand farmers till i was in excruciating pain and had a hole in my bloody left hand...then i moved it down to 300 per hand for a few short runs (grip was gone) and then called it a night.

MEAT