Lance Peterson's Journal

lancep

I am going to really hit the grip work hard starting tommorrow. Along with my normal training I am hoping this will help me make a move on the #4. I have lifted the Inch DB now I want to get the Millenium.

---------------------- Grip Program -----------------

Day 1: Rest/Strongman

Day 2: Rest/Strongman

Day 3: Inch DB lifts / Rolling Thunder

Day 4: Rest/Strongman

Day 5: Rest/Strongman

Day 6: COC / Brute Bell

Day 7: Rest/Strongman

Day 8: Rest/Strongman

Day 9: Blobs/ Bending

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lancep

• Jedd Johnson

• mossman

• tarudriller

Yours will be one of the few journals I read, bro. Looks great. I am glad you are here.

Have you gotten the emails I have sent you?

-Jedd-

Hi, the BruteBell is our loadable 12" globe dumbell that has a 3" handle. I am shooting for a 140lb lift with it tomorrow. It will be the 1st time I use it. Should kill my grip.

Jedd shoot me a PM I have not got anything from ya.

Is the brute bell on your website yet? I didn't see it.

I'd love to hear more details on the Brute Bell....

Looking forward to watching your progress,

Doc

Day 6 Program:

BruteBell Lift - 115x1, 115x2, 115x1, 125x1, 135x1, 145x1, 155x1, 165x1 (RH only)

* This went great! I think I had a175 in me but I ran out of steel shot to add to the dumbell.

COC Grippers - #2x10, #2x6, #2x5, #3x1, #3x1, #3x1, #3x1

* The #3's were touch and go. No mashing.

notes: Well the ol BruteBell killed my grip. It has a 3" diameter handle that is 6" long. The globes are 13" in diameter each. The damn thing is a beast. I think that I am good for 175-185 next time out. I think it is realistic to shoot for a 200-220lb lift with this by the end of the year. I really want to get my hands on a Millenium, I think I could move it.

pics: BruteBell

BruteBell vs Rolling Thunder

165lb BruteBell Lift start

165lb BruteBell Lift lockout

Lance,

Great work. I sent you a PM, bro. Get back to me.

-Jedd-

Excellent lifting on that Brute bell! There's another one on my wish list....

Hey Lance, Does the shot roll around in the Brutebell or does is stay in the bottom, eliminating roll?

That certainly fits the definition of Brute!

I did not notice any roll at all. I think that would only be an issue with water or liquid. Or if you where doing a clean and jerk with it.

Day 4 Program July 26th 2004:

8" Log Clean & Press - 210x5, 230x3, 260x1, 280x1, 300x2

* I have lost alot of ground on these. It is going to take some work to get back up around 375 or so for a single. I had little to no leg drive going for me. INCREASE

Hang Cleans - 275x3, 315x3, 345x1, 365x1

* There was no explosion on these at all I was just muscle'in em up. INCREASE

Barbell Rows - 315x5, 315x5, 315x8

* Easy, add 30 lbs next time out. INCREASE

notes: I have lost a TON of lower body explosion during my time off. I think part of it may be me holding back mentaly to protect the knee. Just need to get over that and push thru. I did not notice any knee problems at all while wrapped so there are NO excuses.

pics: Log Press 265lbs

Log Press 280lbs

Log Press 300lbs A

Log Press 300lbs B

Day 3 Program July 27th 2004:

Rolling Thunder - 180x1, 180x1, 205x1, 225x1, 250x0, 250x0, 250x0(RH only)

* So so on this today, I really wanted to pull that 250.

notes: Didn't have time to do any Inch Lifts today. Not to bad given my time off, I will hit that 250 within 4 weeks!

pics: none today

Dang Lance your a strong dude!! Thanks for the pics, that viking press attachment looks nice.

Do you have any contests in mind anytime soon?

I am hoping in 8 weeks I am in shape to compete. There is a contest up in Minneapolis at the end of October I might look at doing. I would kind of like to meet some of the grip guys there in Minnesota for the contest in August. Hopefully I can do one of those contest.

Day 2 Program July 28th 2004:

12" Log Incline Press: BruteStrength.com Economy Log - 225x5, 250x5, 300x3, 340x1, 360x0 (From dead stop on chest)

* Not too bad, I just couldn't pop the 360 off my chest. STAY

Flat Dumbell Press - 125x3, 135x3, 150x3

* Was not sure were to start on these, probably go with 140 on the 1st set next time. INCREASE

Flat Dumbell Flys - 90x5, 90x5, 90x5

* Good on these, try to go for 3x8s next time. STAY

notes: All and all today was good. I was hoping to get that 360lbs but it would not go. Couldn't get it up high enough for my tris to take over. It was pouring so I couldn't do farmers.

pics: Incline Log Press: 300lbs

Incline Log Press: 340lbs

There is a contest up in Minneapolis at the end of October I might look at doing.
What contest is that, bro? Is it Grip or Strongman?
I would kind of like to meet some of the grip guys there in Minnesota for the contest in August.

You will enjoy yourself at their contest. Looks like the events are going to be pretty challenging. They are all cool guys. Hopefully some can make it out to PA in September if the chips fall the right way.

Great workouts Lance.

-Jedd-

I sure hope I can go, kind of depends on how much extra cash I can come up with. Man, I wish I would win the lottery :D I think they are have a grip contest and strongman around the same time up in Minnesota?

The grip comp is August 21st

The strongman contest is October 16th

Day 1 Program August 2nd 2004:

Car Squat - 315x5, 405x5, 500x3, 500x3, 500x0 (Just below paralell w/knee wraps)

* Felt great until last set. The knee started throbbing like a mother. Shoot for a 5x5 Will ice it tonight. STAY

1/3 Rack Squats - 500x3, 600x1, 700x1

* Easy, increase reps. INCREASE

Hyper Ext - BWx12, BWx12, BWx12

* Good, start adding plates. INCREASE

AB Work

notes: It went ok for my first leg workout since the PCL injury. That left knee feels loose though, I suspsect this is just how it is going to stay. Other stuff went well. Next time out I will do Yoke walk + car squat.

Day 8 Program August 3rd 2004:

Close Grip ( 16" ) Bench Press - 235x5, 285x5, 325x3, 365x1, 385x1, 415x1

* Went great, will shoot for 425 on the last set next time out. 500lbs watch OUT! INCREASE

DB Extensions - 70x5, 70x5, 70x5

* Good, form held fine. Increase weight. INCREASE

BB Curls - 135x5, 145x5, 155x5

* First 2 sets were cake, the last one was not fun. INCREASE

Seated DB Curls - 70x5, 70x5, 70x5

* I was a bit surprised, these went great. Bump the weight

Truck Pull - Raining very badly, next time.

notes: I am getting alot of upper body explosion back. I was poping the close grips off my chest well. All the other exercises went great. DO NOT DRINK Adreniline Fuel! It made me kind of sick.

Day 2 Program Aug 6th 04:

12" Log Incline Press: BruteStrength.com Economy Log - 230x5, 250x5, 300x3, 340x1, 360x0, 360 x half (From dead stop on chest)

* I almost got that damn 360! I got pissed I missed it on the first attempt and almost did it on the second. Just a couple more inches and I would have been able to push her thru my sticking spot. Confident I will get it next time out. Increase weight on 1st 3 sets next time. INCREASE/STAY

Flat Dumbell Press - 150x3, 150x3, 160x3

* Felt great, even last set was not too bad. Start the sets at 160 next time and go for 175 on the last set. INCREASE

Flat Dumbell Flys - 100x5, 100x5, 100x5

* This was not so great, very dead on the last set. STAY

notes: Gonna do my farmers in the morning tomorrow. I was disapointed I could not get the 360lbr but I WILL get it next time. After I hit 400lbs on the incline version I am going to try the ol Paul Anderson rack thing. Set the log at 450lbs for a top end lockout then drop the rack 1 inch every 4 weeks or so.

pics: Incline Log Press 300lbs

Incline Log Press 340lbs

Day 2 Program Continue Aug 8th 2004:

Farmers Walk using BruteStrength.com Economy Farmer's - 210lbs x 150ft/30.62sec, 260lbs x 100ft/18.31sec, 300lbs x 91ft/24.28sec, 350lbs x 45ft/16.13sec

* Used straps on the last set to try to overload the system. I have lost alot of ground in speed and especially grip endurance on these. I was fighting to hold on more than anything else. On the 300lb run I felt like I could move quicker, but my grip was just not holding out. Left hand is much much weaker than my right. STAY

Ford F150 Screw push - 100ft x 20.91 sec, 100ft x 19.7sec, 100ft x 21.81sec

* Did these to kind of test the pushing ability on the knee. It was a little iffy only when I locked the knee out though. Gotta concentrate on keeping it bent. INCREASE Distance

notes: I found out today my physical endurance is in the shitter and so is my grip endurance. My limit grip strength is A-ok, I need to get that endurance grip up there too. I think I will be able to do a full 200ft course with 300lbs within the next 4-6 weeks. I also need to start doing some hill runs in the morning to get my physical endurance back.