Tracking New Routines

jad

1-11-05

Didn't have time to log this last night

Warmup

Sledge rotations, 2nd hole, 6 reps per hand

TTK

Blob minicycle: 9 cycles, added choker washer to existing weights and washers

*callous on my right thumb tore off on set 5 which made the other 4 sets a real hoot :D

Cool down

extensors manually a la John Brookfield

sledge rotations, 2nd hole 6 reps per hand

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• pdoire

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

Top Posters In This Topic

1-12-05

Warmups: sledge rotations,

1st hole, 10 reps per hand

TTK

Blob mini-cycle: 10 cycles, stripped washers increased base weights to : 5.5" HM PB: last two fingers: 35lbs, first two fingers: 40lbs, TTK: 22.5lbs

**This whole workout just sucked. I got 3 full deadlifts RH and nothing lefty. I missed several of my accessory lifts as well due to the callous that ripped off the other night. It kept oozing all over the implements, at which point they would just slide right out. I tried packing it with chalk but it didn't do much. I tried taping it but then I wasn't even close on any of my lifts with the tape. I think I'm just going to let it heal some and maybe hit some pony clamp in the mean time, if it doesn't interfere with the healing. I'll keep it up LH but the callous on that one is getting ready to come off so I don't know for how long.

Sledge work:

sledge rotations: 2nd hole, 6 reps per hand

sledge pickups off of the table: 10 per hand, missed 4/10, will move down my tape marker when I can get all 10

lever to the rear: a couple sets of triples around the full length

1-13-05

Warmup:

little pony clamp for 15 reps

Sledge rotations: 6 rotations on 2nd hole

Blob mini-cycle: added small washer. This workout was a joke. I went through 3 cycles and the only successful lift I had were some sloppy reps on the TTK. I ended it here and put the blob50 on a towel and drug it to the far basement wall and back for 7 sets. This gave me a monster burn in my thumb pad. I'm letting my right thumb heal up so I just rested it today. I tried some work with my rubberband-laden pony clamp but it just started to split it open again.

1-17-05

Taking some days off from BlobKTA until my thumbs heal up.

Warmup: OC #2

RH

#4 in choker: attempt then cheat it shut and perform negative

set 1: good pop took it down around 1/4/ 1/8 held for 8 seconds

set 2: good pop took it down around 1/4/ 1/8 held for 5 seconds

set 3: decent movement/ 1/8 held for 3 seconds

set 4: decent movement/ 1/4 held for 5 seconds

set 5: VLM/ blew open to 1/4 pretty quick then quickly to 1/2 inch

set 6: BBSE: same methods: decent movement/1/4 for 3 seconds

set 7: BBSE: VLM/1/4 for 2-3 seconds

set 8: MM1dud: credit card

set 9: MM3dud with parallel set using mirror to judge: 1/8

set 10: SilverCrush GM: missed by a sliver

set 11: SilverCrush GM: 1/8

set 12: MM2dud: closed

set 13:04#3 10 baby reps

LH

set 1: 04#3: 1/8

set 2: o4#3: 1/8

set 3: ISG: 1,4,12 closed

set 4: ISG: 1,4,12 closed

set 5: ISG: 1,4,12 closed

set 6: ISG: 1,4,12 closed

set 7: 3 OC's with #2 concentrating on technique: it's not biting into the back of my hand tonight.

set 8: 2 OC's with #2, good OC's that time.

set 9: 2 OC's with #2

set 10: OC with #2

set 11: 2 OC's with #2

10 reps with the 2004 #3...wow Josh!!

Great job!!

1-18-05

BW: 218

OAP workout

One Arm lat pulldown

RH: 100x5, 120x3, 140x2, 160x1/2rep, 160x3/4, 160x3/4

LH: same

***Praise the Lord :bow I hadn't lost hardly anything but my endurance is shot. I was trashed after just 6 sets. I guess that's what happens since I haven't been in the gym since the week before Turkey Day.

Wrist Curls

*Goal is 300lb wrist curl before Jan 1, 2006

**weights tonight DO NOT include 45lb Oly bar. I'm too tired to convert the KG tonight, maybe in the future

40kgx8

50kgx3

60kgx3

70kgx3

80kgx1 after single I lowered it to parallel and held it to failure/8seconds

stripped it down to 40kg immediately then performed 12 reps

***Around 220 for a single tonight. I don't think I could've hit a double but I definetly had more for a single. I've got roughly 49 weeks left. The goal is to add at least 2.5 pounds to the single each week. This will put me at 300 in around 32 weeks. This leaves 17 misses as far as the 2.5lbs per week.

1-18-05

BW: 218

OAP workout

One Arm lat pulldown

RH: 100x5, 120x3, 140x2, 160x1/2rep, 160x3/4, 160x3/4

LH: same

***Praise the Lord :bow  I hadn't lost hardly anything but my endurance is shot.  I was trashed after just 6 sets.  I guess that's what happens since I haven't been in the gym since the week before Turkey Day.

Wrist Curls

*Goal is 300lb wrist curl before Jan 1, 2006

**weights tonight DO NOT include 45lb Oly bar.  I'm too tired to convert the KG tonight, maybe in the future

40kgx8

50kgx3

60kgx3

70kgx3

80kgx1 after single I lowered it to parallel and held it to failure/8seconds

stripped it down to 40kg immediately then performed 12 reps

***Around 220 for a single tonight.  I don't think I could've hit a double but I definetly had more for a single. I've got roughly 49 weeks left.  The goal is to add at least 2.5 pounds to the single each week.  This will put me at 300 in around 32 weeks.  This leaves 17 misses as far as the 2.5lbs per week.

I am looking forward to your wristcurl progress - I will start wristcurl training again in a few weeks.

1-23-05

Warmup: oc#2

#4 attempt no choker: 1/4"

#4 in choker: attempt then cheat shut and perform negative

set 2: good pop/1/4 5 seconds

set 3: good pop/1/8 5 seconds

set 4: good pop/1/8 5 seconds

set 5: decent movement/1/4 3 seconds

set 6: VLM/1/4 but blew open pretty quick

set 7:BBSE in choker: barely moved it

set 8: BBSE no choker: barely past parallel

set 9 MM1dud: 1/4

set 10: MM1dud: 1/8

set 11: MM1dud: 1/8

set 12: MM3dud: 1/8

set 13: MM3dud: 1/8

set 14: MM3dud: 1/8

set 15: SC#3/GM: wasn't even close

set 16: SC#3/GM: 1/4

set 17: MM2dud: 1/8

set 18: no set 04#3: not even close

set 19: 04#3: 3 reps what the....??

LH

5 sets of ISG on 1,5,12 setting: around 1/8 on all of them, then cheated it shut and held shut

2 attempts on the 04#3: 1/8, 1/4

2-3 OC's with #2 for everthing past set 7 in regards to RH

***The sets with the #4 went great but the rest was garbage. I was so mad I went downstairs and tried lifting the blob50 since my thumb is almost healed and I could only get about midcalf. This really ticked me off. I was cleaning it a couple of weeks ago and now I can't even lock it out??? I must be having a BAD night. I know it happens to everybody but usually when I have bad workouts it's because I feel sluggish, I felt great tonight and I looking forward to the workout all day. That's what ticked me off more than anything was to be feeling strong and then not perform. Oh well, I'll take it out on the wrist curls tommorrow night.

1-24-05

OAP workout

BW: 218lbs

One arm lat pulldowns

warmup: 80 x8

RH: 120x3, 140x3, 160 to top of ear and hold, 160 to top of ear and hold, 150 to top of ear and hold, 160 performed negative with this, I really like the negative on this movement. Hopefully these will get me past 160 as they seem to be a sticking point.

LH: 120x3, got a huge stinger in my elbow and tricep at this point and just quit lefty. I wanted to make sure I was good for the wrist curls later. I don't know what the deal is with all these stingers in my left arm but they suck. I was doing some incline DB flys later on and my elbow almost gave out on the warmup with a 40lb db. Hopefully it gets better next time.

1-25-05

Messed around with the blob50 a little while I was waiting for the dryer to get done. It was an experience best described as infuriating. I got air on about 2/7 attempts but nothing even resembling a lockout. I hooked up the HM 5.5 inch pinch block and I hit 42.5 with 2 fingers and a thumb which is a 5lb PR. I don't get it, when I was doing 37.5lbs on the block I could lift the blob50 on command and even cleaned it a couple of times and I get a 5lb increase and now I can't even get a lockout?? God-willing I'll get my blob powers back by the time I do my MM1 cert as I want to get some lockouts on tape.

Josh, do you clean the Blob from time to time with a brush?

Maybe it collected some sweat or grease from your hands.

1-30-05

Broke out the Hi8 video camera today to get used to it for the upcoming cert so I didn't do an organized workout...

Did a couple of blob50 attempts: I got a full pull on one and missed cleaning it twice

Did some MM3dud closes: I got two closes I think. Like Heath said the shadows are the devil when it comes to grippers. I tried a #4 attempt but it was laughable so I just taped over it. Did some strapholds with the MM2dud. I think I got one with 15 plus IM pin and 10 plus IM pin if I remember right, maybe one with 20 plus the pin, I don't remember. I tore a small phone book behind my back. It didn't turn out like I wanted, way too long and not very clean but I did get it done. I'm out of practice on that one, I used to be able to do it pretty quickly behind the back.

After the taping I was still good and mad about the blob50 so I went downstairs and did 5 blob minicycles.

One full pull on blob

worked up to 35lbs with last two fingers on 5.5" pinch block

worked up to 42.5 lbs with first two fingers on 5.5" pinch block

used 20lbs on the TTK all five sets

Did 5-6 sets of Sledge pickups from table

Played with the Brookfield 2x4 HC's I heard about from Austin: used a 10 footer for 5 reps. this is an awesome exercise, I need to add it in somewhere on a regular basis

Going to do get a good gripper workout in later this week

Nice workouts, jad..pardon me for asking and I couldn't find it in the FAQ but what are 2x4 HC's ?

thx.. neilkaz..

1-31-05

OAP workout

OA lat pulldowns

LH: 80x8x3 sets trying to ease back into these lefty without getting a stinger that ruins the rest of the workout

RH: 80x8, 90x5, 100x5, 110x4, 120x3, 120x3, 120x2, 100x8

wrist curls in wrist curl challenge log

2-2-05

Just trying to get primed for the cert this weekend

#2 warmup

04#3: 5 closes, all Joe Kinney style set

MM2dud: Flo-style parallel set with pause then close

5 Blob minicycles: two good strong lockouts and just missed a third, getting my touch back :D

Thank the Lord :bow

You are ready...on cert day just warmup and don't think too much and just crush it!!

2-7-05

BW: 221

OAP workout

One Arm Lat pulldown

LH: 80x5, 110x5, 110x5, 110x5, elbow started tingling so I stopped

RH: 80x5, 110x5, 120x5, 130x5, 140x3, 150x1.5

wrist curls in wrist curl log

2-8-05

5 Blob minicycles: went up on all the accessory exercises but I didn't get a single full pull on the blob50??? As weird as it sounds, it felt like my wrists, specifically the extensors/extended wrist, were giving out on me right when I would start to get air. I did a pretty hard wrist workout last night so who knows. I'll get it next time.

2 sets of sledge rotations

2-14-05

Warmup: OC #2

RH

#4 in choker: all out attempt then cheat it shut and perform negative

1: decent pop/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

2: decent pop/1/4 3-4 seconds

3: decent pop/1/4 3-4 seconds

4: VLM/1/4 2-3 seconds

5: VLM/1/4 2-3 seconds

6: just an all out squeeze for 5-7 seconds, very little movement, didn't do negative

7: no movement, performed negative and it just blew open

did some attempts on my MM2dud and #3 but I couldn't shut either one.

LH

Did 8-10 attempts with the BBSM LH and didn't shut any of them????

I didn't have my A game today that's for sure. I wasn't getting the power out of my pointer finger that I usually do (RH) and that was the difference I think. I'll try and get a better one in next time

2-20-05

5 blob minicycles

3/5 RH on 1st 2 fingers 5.5" HM pinchblock 42.5lbs

1/5 LH " "

5/5 RH on last 2 fingers 5.5" HM pinchblock 40lbs

3/5 LH " "

TTK: 22.5lbs x 3 reps all 5 sets

Blob50:

RH: half lockout, full lockout, full lockout, 3 finger full lockout, 3 finger full lockout

LH: got a little air on 3/5 attempts

Played with the V-bar a little, I stirred 250lbs righty, didn't want to lose any skin though so I didn't get real serious with it.

Bending:

1/4x6CRS: U'd it

5.5"60d: U'd it

1/4x7 Square stock: Finally took this piece down, it's been in my shoebox for over a year with a slight kink in it....OOOOOH it felt good :rock

7"x5/16G2bolt: Nothing

6.5"x5/16"FBS: I had to try :D but of course got nothing

6" crescent wrench: U'd it

Great workout tonight, I really enjoyed myself. God is Good :D

No, this was from Lowe's or Home Depot, it was before I even knew how to use the DO style

Josh, the bending is coming along nicely...Good job on the crescent wrench...God indeed is very good even to slugs like me...Brett

2-21-05

BW: 221

OAP Workout

One arm Lat pulldown

RH: 80x8, 110x5, 120x5, 130x4.5, 140x3,2,2.75,2 drop to 100x5

LH: 80x8, 110x5, 110x5, 120x3, 110x5, 110x5

2-22-05

Warmup: oc #2

RH

#4 in choker: attempt then cheat is shut and perform negative

set 1: decent movement/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

set 2: VLM/ 1/2" garbage set

set 3: decent movement/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

set 4: decent movement/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

set 5: VLM/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

set 6: VLM/ 1/4 3-4 seconds

LH

BBSM: 6 attempts, 1/4"to credit card, no closes

* not a good workout, still feel like my pointer finger isn't hooking up, maybe I'm still shot from the wrist curls last night??

Thought I'd try some Hardy Handshake work. I set it up on a table about belly button high and stood back away from it to minimize body english. I have 4 2x4's under the one end of it, giving it about 1/4-1/2" ROM

RH: 25x5, 50x3, 75x3, 80x1x1, 82.5x1x1x1x1

LH: 25.5, 50x3, 75x1, 80x1x1x1, 82.5x1x1

I guess my left hand just sucks on grippers :D It kept up pretty good with the right on the HH???? I decided to pick up the #2 and click out some reps for a cool down but I couldn't even close it once so I guess the HH did a good job :D .