• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• pdoire

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Gamidon: I feel like I'm making tremendous progress with your program. I was about a 1/4" away on that Phantom4dud prior to the first cycle and I closed it on test day. 5 weeks is the fastest I've ever overcome the last 1/4" on a gripper.

7-27-05

MM2dud

RH: 20,29,37,32,21

* this thing was STIFF that 1st set :whacked

LH: 30,40,50,35,48

Edited by jad

Lookin good man, 5 weeks is really quick to overcome 1/4" especially on such a difficult gripper

Josh is the real deal.

When I started gripping last September..he sort of mentored me. It has been a real pleasure to watch him progress.

MM2dud

RH: 20,29,37,32,21

:bow Wow that is some GREAT stuff.... :blink
* this thing was STIFF that 1st set 

We call what you felt the second set on "Twilight" its like runners high for grippers. You start out rough and the gripper hurts, and then magically your strength returns and you start feeling good. It is when "Twilight" ends and you keep going that separates the men from the boys ( a crowbar separates Dave from the boys but that is a different story)...

Greg

Thanks Greg. Hope to see you at the Backyard Bastard Bash.

MM2dud

RH: 21,29,34,32,20,5*

* didn't hit any PR's per set which is the goal every workout but I did another set of 5/failure just to make sure I got stronger. The last set gave me 2 more reps than last workout. As far as my left hand.....well it's consistently weak :blush

Josh,

You may have answered this before, but what is a Phantom 4 dud?

7-29-05

I missed this one. I had a 12 hour shift and then had to run a couple of errands so I just skipped it rather than have a half-a$$ workout

7-30-05

MM2dud

RH: 12,20,15,10,13

LH: 20,50,38,23,17

**might as well have skipped this one. That was ridiculous

7-31-05

MM2dud

RH: 41,28,15,5,0

LH: 43,26,17,5,0

**started out really good RH, 41 is a PR for me on this gripper, but then I just fizzled out. Maybe I'm overtraining??

Decided to do some other stuff since I was plenty irritated at my gripper peformance

Blob50 on the cushions

RH: 3 2 fingered singles, 1 3 fingered single, 3 all fingers singles

LH: several singles then holds till it dropped

Blob50 from ground

RH: 2 strong full pulls, 1 that was shaky, 2 pulled to about mid thigh

TTK

did this lefty in between Blob50 (rh) sets

LH: 50x10,38x10,31x10,38x10

Bending

smoked a TT, then bent a Red nail just to see if I still could. I missed the red initially then I rewrapped it, the right way, and got it pretty easily

Hang in there Jad...this has worked well for you up till now..Rest and give it another shot!!

7-29-05

I missed this one.  I had a 12 hour shift and then had to run a couple of errands so I just skipped it rather than have a half-a$$ workout

7-30-05

MM2dud

RH: 12,20,15,10,13

LH: 20,50,38,23,17

**might as well have skipped this one.  That was ridiculous

7-31-05

MM2dud

RH: 41,28,15,5,0

LH: 43,26,17,5,0

**started out really good RH, 41 is a PR for me on this gripper, but then I just fizzled out.  Maybe I'm overtraining?? 

Decided to do some other stuff since I was plenty irritated at my gripper peformance

Blob50 on the cushions

RH: 3 2 fingered singles, 1 3 fingered single, 3 all fingers singles

LH: several singles then holds till it dropped

Blob50 from ground

RH: 2 strong full pulls, 1 that was shaky, 2 pulled to about mid thigh

TTK

did this lefty in between Blob50 (rh) sets

LH: 50x10,38x10,31x10,38x10

Bending

smoked a TT, then bent a Red nail just to see if I still could.  I missed the red initially then I rewrapped it, the right way, and got it pretty easily

Great workout buddy. Doing the blob 50, bending a red, and MM2...that's impressive all around strength buddy :bow Don't worry life may get busy but don't worry your strength will be back in a flash :rock

Thanks guys

8-3-05

MM3dud

RH: 9,9,1,0 MM2dudx15 for last set

LH: #3x0,hg300x0, decided I wasn't going to rep the #2 for yet another week so I'm just going to go back to the ISG and see what happens. As well as high rep works for my RH my left is very weak now. I missed the #3 by a 1/2"

ISG: 1,12x1, 2,12x1, 3,12x1, 4,12x1, 5,12x1, 6,12x0 I'm going to try and get 5 singles at 5,12 tommorrow

* I actually missed the MM3dud my first set and got so mad I just slammed it down on the table. I think that loosened it up a bit :D The first two sets I was really pleased with but I didn't have anything left after that.

8-4-05

MM3dud

RH: 10,11,0,0,5

ISG

LH: 5,12x1,1,0,1,0

* I did a hard TC and HC workout yesterday and I think it affected my grip workout, especially lefty. I was getting shooting pains right where the bicep inserts into the elbow/forearm area when I would crush and even when I would set it(LH) for my right hand.

Ahh!! Now the MM3 dud and for 11 reps??? Yikes!!

8-5-05

MM3dud

RH: 0,8,0,3,0

ISG

LH: 5,12: 1,1,1,1,1

crappy workout today, I wasn't getting good sets and I just didn't have that last little boost I usually have.

8-4-05

MM3dud

RH: 10,11,0,0,5

ISG

LH: 5,12x1,1,0,1,0

* I did a hard TC and HC workout yesterday and I think it affected my grip workout, especially lefty.  I was getting shooting pains right where the bicep inserts into the elbow/forearm area when I would crush and even when I would set it(LH) for my right hand.

i would to say "WOW". :mosher

8-5-05

MM3dud

RH: 0,8,0,3,0

ISG

LH: 5,12: 1,1,1,1,1

crappy workout today, I wasn't getting good sets and I just didn't have that last little boost I usually have.

Hey,

If it wasn't for the occasional bad workout we wouldn't have any good ones to compare to!! All par for the course...I know you already know this.

Your bad workouts with the level grippers you are using is far more than most

people's greatest workouts..Keep plugging!!

Your bad workouts with the level grippers you are using is far more than most

people's greatest workouts..Keep plugging!!

This is true, dont let those bad workouts get you down.

Thanks for the encouragment guys

8-6-05

MM3dud

RH: 15,20,0,0,9

LH

ISG: 6,12: 1,1,0,0 knuckles started hurting so I just repped out for 2 sets on the 1,3 setting: no set, full range: 50,50

Hit some good PR's tonight PTL :bow:bow

Edited by jad

Way to come back strong after yesterday, 20 reps is insane! :bow

I just can second the statements of the others:

:bow

Thanks for the encouragment guys

8-6-05

MM3dud

RH: 15,20,0,0,9

LH

ISG: 6,12: 1,1,0,0 knuckles started hurting so I just repped out for 2 sets on the 1,3 setting: no set, full range: 50,50

Hit some good PR's tonight PTL :bow  :bow

20 reps with the MM3 dud...are you kidding me :blink ...good job buddy this program is really working for you :rock