• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• warrior

• Tom of Iowa2

• OldGuy

Not that I would have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but man would I love to at least watch this show in person!

Wade?

Samuelson?

Monkey Paws?

Dave Morton?

David Horne?

Mobsterone?

Clay?

haugen?

Pfister?

mark henry?

Benny?

Big Steve?

Tommy?

The dude from Estonia that holds the world record in the Rolling Thunder?

?

?

?

?

?

I know I've forgot a lot of people but whom ever goes will have to do more than just one area of grip well

Not being sarcastic but maybe Hugo could consult with a few other people?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

My impression from reading the news blurb about the invitations is that Strossen and Sorin are going to nominate people they think have strong grips and the top 10 will get invitations. I think these two guys, in their daily dealings, know lots of high-caliber grip guys and I doubt they would overlook any obvious choices. I think we will all recognize the competitors.

Tom, I'm not well rounded enough to survive in a contest like that - I've only got a couple tricks in my bag while guys like Tommy and Dave have a whole arsenal! I couldn't pinch my way out of a paper bag, yet Tommy does 2-45's with 2 fingers and a smile on his face! :mosher

Wade?

Samuelson?

Monkey Paws?

Dave Morton?

David Horne?

Mobsterone?

Clay?

haugen?

Pfister?

mark henry?

Benny?

Big Steve?

Tommy?

?

?

?

?

?

I know I've forgot a lot of people but whom ever goes will have to do more than just one area of grip well

Not being sarcastic but maybe Hugo could consult with a few other people?

In that contest my moneys on big Steve with

Haugen, Pfister and Henry in the back end.

Anyone think they'll pick Brookfield and if so will he compete? David Horne has to be one of the favorites.

Tom, I'm not well rounded enough to survive in a contest like that - I've only got a couple tricks in my bag while guys like Tommy and Dave have a whole arsenal! I couldn't pinch my way out of a paper bag, yet Tommy does 2-45's with 2 fingers and a smile on his face! :mosher

Yes.i realize that but your 'learning'curve has been pretty quick. ;)

Back off on your crush and work on pinch and thickbar.....see what happens. :cool:cool Your thickbar will likely come up very quickly.

On the other hand it all depends on the events.just like strongman contest...comes down to the events.

Anyone think they'll pick Brookfield and if so will he compete? David Horne has to be one of the favorites.

I'd be suprised if Brookfield would put it on the line...for $10,000 candian. :D

Thats like what?Monopoly money?Pesos? :laugh:laugh

I hope they invite David Horne though.

Anyone think they'll pick Brookfield and if so will he compete?  David Horne has to be one of the favorites.

I'd be suprised if Brookfield would put it on the line...for $10,000 candian. :D

Thats like what?Monopoly money?Pesos? :laugh:laugh

I hope they invite David Horne though.

I hear ya, I didn't know if Strossen would "encourage" him any since they have ties. He could sell a lot more books and squash a lot of controversy by winning it.

I wonder if strossen would nominate one or more of the Holles since he seems to have such high respect for them. Not too sure what their supporting grip is like but I think they would place well...nathans closed the #4, reportedly 2 or 3 have bent the red nail, i'm pretty sure there is a pic in the gallery of one of them pinching 2 20kg or 45lbs plates in each hand.

Many if not most of the top grip guys are HERE on this forum.

Many if not most of the top grip guys are HERE on this forum.

Quite serious.

Somebody like yourself.Wade.Wood.Roark..........somebody?should contact Hugo.

Big Hugo probably doesn't know this forum exists? and may be getting 'disinformation' :laugh as we say in the CIA. :cool

Hugo is not a grip guy but apparently is a good promoter and is well connected with some good sponsors.

You guys need to contact him...don't wait for him to come to you.

Man, if this really comes together it's going to be awesome. In all around grip, I have to imagine that David Horne, Nathan Holle, Tommy, and Big Steve would be right up there. Pardon my ignorance, but does Wade bend? Does Dave Morton pinch or do thick bar work? If so, who knows maybe they could win.

I doubt Brookfield or any of the top strongmen would show, for fear of getting beaten.

:laugh $300 US

Well yes that is true but on the other hand the Candian taxation system does not tax prize money...whereas the IRS :stuart ???

Jon@han

In all around grip, I have to imagine that David Horne, Nathan Holle, Tommy, and Big Steve would be right up there.  Pardon my ignorance, but does Wade bend?  Does Dave Morton pinch or do thick bar work?  If so, who knows maybe they could win.

I doubt Brookfield or any of the top strongmen would show, for fear of getting beaten.

I think for $10,000 dollars ,total prize money,you'll see some(several)Pro-Strongmen there.Probably?not enough money for Henry to show up...unless the WWE wants him to have the Worlds Strongest Hands on his resume' also...

Samuelson can crush,dominate thick bar or other supporting events and with money on the line will likely learn to pinch.The steel bending is very specific so

perhaps Samuelson and the other strongmen will do poorly there?

Big Steve is a GREAT all arounder.

David Horne GREAT all arounder.

Tommy great crush and pinch but not as good on thick bar and bending.

Wade dominte pinch?very good thick bar and crush?GREAT supporting grip.

Dave morton does bend,good thick bar andsupporting grip,outstanding crush...I guess he hasn't mastered the pinch.

Nathan can bend,crush and pinch but would be behind on thick bar and supporting grip?

Just following up on the guys you mentioned.

Like strongman contest?depends on the events. :rock Very exciting possibilities :bow ...just hope the right guys get invited? :inno

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Wade?

Samuelson?

Monkey Paws?

Dave Morton?

David Horne?

Mobsterone?

Clay?

haugen?

Pfister?

mark henry?

Benny?

Big Steve?

Tommy?

add:Shrug

I'd like to see Jesse Marunde get in on this one as well. I'm sure he'd hold his own.

Anybody know how to contact Girard?

-Jedd-

It depends on exactly how the events are too. If there's a "supporting grip" portion is it going to be like a full deadlift and hold with a 2" axle? If so then the Holles would get blown out because they won't be able to dealift as much as some other guys. How is the card tearing going to go? Max decks in a given time would probably favor Brookfield as he's done a lot of volume deck work. What will the rules for bending be? If there's a brace allowed it might favor heavier athletes. And don't forget the new credit card rule for grippers, I don't see a small hand winning the crush event...