Record Of Strength

foggymountainmuscle

Well I haven't been recording in my log lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been training.

A few days ago I did stiff leg deadlifts standing on top of two 20Kg bumpers, and worked up to a single at 350lbs. I did sets of 5 one legged calf raises with 105lbs. plus ab and neck work.

A few days before that I bought a 10' piece of 1/2" rebar and coiled it up into a ball, then uncoiled it, and made a design with two loops and a big loop going through both of them. I hope to get a digital picture to post on the net of it.

Yesterday I did a quick grip workout with my blob and bending nails. I was trying to break a nail but the nails in my last two boxes have been rather easy, thus less brittle and I'm not having much luck breaking them. I did manage to bend one into an S and hope to experiment with more designs.

02-07-06

Today I did an upper body workout. I started off with working on my one armed pullups. I managed to get 5 reps buy pulling up with one arm on the pullup handle and pinch gripping the cross support beam across the top of the power rack. I did another set like that, and got 2 singles for my last sets pinching the beam with only 2 fingers, and finally only one. At this point then I am probably only 30lbs or less away from a one arm pullup.

Next I did dumbell clean and presses with 70lbs. in each hand, warming up with 55lbs. I got 5 reps the first set, then 4 the next, and 4 with a pushpress at the end. Hard work, got me breathing hard. I hope to get 15 reps at this weight, and move on to 75 for reps. I got 15 reps with 65, but working sets at 70 I wonder how the hell I ever did that.

I ended with Zottoman curls at 40lbs. only getting four reps on two sets.

That was all and boy could I feel it later, I was beat.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foggymountainmuscle

• danegarreau

• mossman

• Meat Loaf

I did some steel bending yesterday. Check out my gallery to see the results.

My definition of art:

- Something that is creative, requires talent, is enjoyable to at least someone, and is something that not just anyone could do.

This is not art.

You, have made a fine piece of art. Good stuff.

Edited by Left Side

What is art, is the photo itself, not the s**te on the wall. It's a photo of some moron just staring at some paint drying. The photo is critique of this PC culture, where people pay money and have conversations about the artistic genius of a two-tone canvas.

Oh yeah, nice bending, and nice lifting. Where do you go to school?

Skinbones, the National Gallery of Canada purchased that piece of s**t for $1.76 million. I am so ashamed.

Foggy I have looked through your album before, some very strong stuff in there. And a rafter pullup!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I haven't been posting much in my log but alot of my training doesn't seem as tangible and log worthy as I have thought in the past, plus most of my log time is taken up by school work and computer games, but I hope to update more.

02-22-06

I don't know if that day is right but it came before the next one. I did one arm zercher deads, doing 3 reps on each side, 5 reps for warmups. I worked up about 10Kg at a time starting with 60Kg, and my end total was somewhere around 160lbs. for a double in each hand. I did some tough dragon flags for 2 sets of 3 reps, but I didn't let my legs tough the ground so they were tough. I found it funny I got more work done in two sets of 3 reps than the other people next to me doing umpteeth reps and lots of sets of crunches. I did some neck bridging with an extra 25lbs. on and did front neck curls with the barbell on my head. I added 5lbs. for the second set of 10 reps.

02-23-06 Upper Body

Big landmark: I can do a controled negative one arm pullup, for 2 reps arguably, but not so much for the 3rd that I tried, both arms of course. Hopefully being able to do 4 or 5 of these, then some static holds, will be the only two stepping stones to achieving the feat. I did dumbell bench as well, I got 5 reps at 85lbs, 4 reps at 90, and 2 reps at 95, not including the warmup sets and my chest was visably bigger the next day so it must have been a good workout. I did some bench lockouts but didn't get too far because the bar wasn't clearing the pins.

02-26-06 Lower Body

I did 1/3 squats for sets of 5, starting at 100Kg, and working up 40Kg at a time to 260Kg, but I only did 3 reps there because I didn't have a power rack to work with and was concerned about my fatigue killing me on these dinky, unbolted Olympic racks. I used my neck harness for static neck work, time holds for 10 seconds with my head down for the back of my neck and my head back for the front of my neck. 72 pounds for the first hold and 77 pounds for the second hold. I ended with jump rope and lower body passive stretching.

I also did 2 thickbar workouts before and inbetween those workouts listed as well as some double sledge hammer gripping.