Dubya's Escapades

dubyagrip

7 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

What would your strategy be? Right/left/right/left? One hand till it burns out then the other? Two-at-time until you can't? I figure you've thought about it. 

So, my left hand is designated as my thickbar/rolling handle hand, and my right is my pinch and gripper hand.  Both are plenty strong overall, but due to how I've had to train to incorporate grippers, this is how it has ended up for me.

In the case of a blob medley, I would use my left hand until it failed, then start with my right.  This is also my strategy in comp once any one handed thickbar event has been completed.  I preserve the dominant hand in each event as long as possible.

• Like 3

I did the four hand flask challenge on instagram.  My total was 440lbs. I sliced my left hand pretty bad, so that probably knocked 10lbs off my total.  I'll try again next week.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I did the four hand flask challenge on instagram.  My total was 440lbs. I sliced my left hand pretty bad, so that probably knocked 10lbs off my total.  I'll try again next week.

Solid. Hope that heals up quickly. Do you have a goal weight in mind or was it just for the sake of pinch variety?

1 minute ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

Solid. Hope that heals up quickly. Do you have a goal weight in mind or was it just for the sake of pinch variety?

The 2 hand lift is top 10 all time on the nags leaderboard so that's cool, but this was just for fun.

7 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

The 2 hand lift is top 10 all time on the nags leaderboard so that's cool, but this was just for fun.

Keep killing it. I've been trying to work my inch pinch up after watching you kicking butt on pinch lifts. Inspiring to see how well rounded you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed this is the 1 year anniversary of this thread haha

• Like 2

Way cool

• Thanks 1

Offhand 3.5 TNS

28 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Offhand 3.5 TNS

I’m so curious about this now. Does the sweep feel significantly different from just a different weaker gripper? Like does it bind up at spots differently? I imagine whatever method was used to manipulate it wouldn’t do so perfectly uniformly, but I’m also not a mechanical engineer. Are you considering getting it re-rated? 

13 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I’m so curious about this now. Does the sweep feel significantly different from just a different weaker gripper? Like does it bind up at spots differently? I imagine whatever method was used to manipulate it wouldn’t do so perfectly uniformly, but I’m also not a mechanical engineer. Are you considering getting it re-rated? 

It feels really weird at the end, and no, this will never leave my house.

@dubyagrip how would gripper with chromed spring react to these “modifications”?

Maybe we as community should develop quick rating machine like they did at GD GRIP:

Of course that wouldn’t stop anyone from tampering, but it would be similar to weighing your lifts, what eventually gave us the clues about “him”.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

It feels really weird at the end, and no, this will never leave my house.

Good call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martincerven said:

@dubyagrip how would gripper with chromed spring react to these “modifications”?

Maybe we as community should develop quick rating machine like they did at GD GRIP:

Of course that wouldn’t stop anyone from tampering, but it would be similar to weighing your lifts, what eventually gave us the clues about “him”.

Any change to the spring's finish can be easily reversed.  I did not do this in the video.

My thoughts about the future of big closes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Any change to the spring's finish can be easily reversed.  I did not do this in the video.

Yeah, but have did you try chromed springs? As far as I know only GHP and Barabans have them. Before starting grip I honestly didn’t know chrome was hardest metal on planet 😄 But maybe there are sprays in a can that can result in similar thing? 

What is your opinion on rating device?

18 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

My thoughts about the future of big closes.

100% on board with using calipers. We aren't even asking for Mitotoyos/Starrett here. Just get something that gets the measurement somewhere in the ballpark of right which is about as accurate as you need for material as wide as a spring. Harbor Freight for the win there.

Edited by HandsMcHanderson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I know is that anyone thinking of cheating at grip or grippers in the future is gonna get absolutely destroyed beyond belief on day one. 😂

No more shenanigans in this sport.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, martincerven said:

As far as I know only GHP

I do not believe GHP is chromed. It is a polished wire. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, martincerven said:

Odd suggestion. CPW has a quick rating service that predates GD Grip by possibly close to 15 years. We’ve accumulated a little bit of data. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, martincerven said:

Yeah, but have did you try chromed springs? As far as I know only GHP and Barabans have them. Before starting grip I honestly didn’t know chrome was hardest metal on planet 😄 But maybe there are sprays in a can that can result in similar thing? 

What is your opinion on rating device?

Rating means nothing to me.  Handle spread is king.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Odd suggestion. CPW has a quick rating service that predates GD Grip by possibly close to 15 years. We’ve accumulated a little bit of data. 

I meant it more as part of certing video, something like weighing plates, but I guess @dubyagrip ‘s calipers are also good option 👏🏻

• Like 2

10 CCS reps on a 3.5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

10 CCS reps on a 3.5

I think Tiziano left some hints 🧐:

image.thumb.png.55b58546e455d04d46910b9c69c47cd5.png

image.thumb.png.12f7ae99c7ae1ae2005811869be8be05.png

image.thumb.png.b33e2ceeb28d04ac22e37c46d7ecd1a8.png

image.png.a24d6f7f276c70a05dde89995fda9357.png

Edited by insane.warrior

3 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

I think Tiziano left some hints 🧐:

image.thumb.png.55b58546e455d04d46910b9c69c47cd5.png

image.thumb.png.12f7ae99c7ae1ae2005811869be8be05.png

image.thumb.png.b33e2ceeb28d04ac22e37c46d7ecd1a8.png

image.png.a24d6f7f276c70a05dde89995fda9357.png

There's a few ways.  That's one of them.

I'm taking it to the next level, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

There's a few ways.  That's one of them.

I'm taking it to the next level, though.

Awesome, can't wait.

I was also thinking about alternative approaches, one of them requires extra package:

1) cut the hole in cert gripper's package from the back;

2) take out and modify gripper;

3) put the gripper back;

4) glue the back carton from another package to "seal" it.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1