Armlifting Training Report

Bigfoot Grip

Thickbar & accessories today. 

Axle Deadlift-worked up to 2x1(305lbs)*big +10lb PR, 1x3(275lbs), 1x5(255lbs), 225x40 second hold?

2.5-2.75" fatgripz thumbless neutral grip pullups-3x3+holds & pauses, 2x8(half reps arm wrestler style), 2x2+very long hold & pause. Tons of tut on these sets & reps. 

Larsen Press-lots of sets at 185lbs with very long pauses and varying grip widths each set. Hard to believe I benched 175kg in a full meet and 177.5kg in training but I just don't care about bench anymore as everything is super grip focused. 

BB Finger Curls-3x15

Core work+cardio

Finally broke 300 on the axle. 🥳 I find this axle(at the gym) to be the hardest I have used in my city thus far. I also think it could weigh more than 45lbs but I'm counting it as 45lbs to be on the safe side. I believe all of the rolling handle work has had great transfer to the axle for me. I think pinch has helped a great deal also 😁 I'm training & working towards a 150kg comp axle deadlift for the future. Btw always assume axle deadlift means doh in my log, I figure because it's the Grip Board many would assume it's performed doh as opposed to mixed grip. Very doubtfull I will get 150kg at nats but screw it I'm going to try my best lol. 

• Like 8

Huge Congrats on over 300 LB Axle DO!! Very strong all-around workout

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the axle man. You’ll get 150kg soon. Hopefully by nationals. Looks like a tough training day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats man, cracking the 300lbs barrier axle is awesome.

I see you train larsen presses. Great stuff, i tried them yesterday and loved them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Huge Congrats on over 300 LB Axle DO!! Very strong all-around workout

Thank you very much Mike, coming from you it means alot 👊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Congrats on the axle man. You’ll get 150kg soon. Hopefully by nationals. Looks like a tough training day.

Thanks bro nice to finally get the monkey off my back 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Congrats man, cracking the 300lbs barrier axle is awesome.

I see you train larsen presses. Great stuff, i tried them yesterday and loved them.

Thanks bro! I really like the larsen presses because its easier on the back than the comp powerlifting style bench. So much easier to set up for haha. Great for upper body hypertrophy also 💪

• Like 1

Plate curl & pinch today.

IM Stacker Curl-3x8

2H 3" AASS Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(157.6lbs)*+5lb PR with another 5-8lbs left in the tank. 3x5(132lbs)

IM Stacker Curl-3x5

Possibly my best pinch performance to date. Lacking sleep, working early today and ran around a bunch at the playground today prior to this. I like making myself train in non optimal fatigued states just to see how I perform. Mind you fatigue would be within reason lol. I need to stop staying up so late to watch hockey 😁 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Plate curl & pinch today.

IM Stacker Curl-3x8

2H 3" AASS Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(157.6lbs)*+5lb PR with another 5-8lbs left in the tank. 3x5(132lbs)

IM Stacker Curl-3x5

Possibly my best pinch performance to date. Lacking sleep, working early today and ran around a bunch at the playground today prior to this. I like making myself train in non optimal fatigued states just to see how I perform. Mind you fatigue would be within reason lol. I need to stop staying up so late to watch hockey 😁 

Good work man 157 looked super easy.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Good work man 157 looked super easy.

Thanks buddy. Trying to get that almighty 200+ on a saxon bar at some point down the line. I bet your 2H pinch game would be very strong at the 3" range given your Blockbuster numbers 💪

• Like 2

Thumbless thickbar weak point training today. 

Thumbless RDL+Sumo Axle Deadlift super set-4x5/5+long hold on the last rep

Thumbless 50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-3x10(heaviest was around 100lbs)+long hold

Axle Reverse Wrist Curl-4x10

Wrist Reinforcer-many sets around 13lbs?

Just some sub max training today to work on my poverty thumbless strength lol. I find these go along way to boosting the conventional grip(using thumb) so I like incorporating them when I can. 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 4

Pinch & wrist work today. 

IM Stacker Curl-3x5 could have PR'd on these today but held myself back. 

2H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x2(60kg/132lbs) 1xquit rep(70kg/154lbs) RPE was too difficult so I set it down as it wasn't to satisfaction lol. I prefer to really own the weight as opposed to racing the lift down from lockout position. 

1H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-3x5(25kg/55lbs)

IM Stacker Wrist Curls-4x8 these are very tough but I could see these having value for AW 🤔

Still amazes me I can pinch more on an 80mm block vs 50mm given my hand size but it is what it is. I think my fellow GB members are right it could just be hand anatomy, flexibility and a plethora of other factors. Still looking to get my 50mil/2" pinch way up over the coming years to be a bit more competitive. 

• Like 4

Thickbar training today. 

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-1x7(AMRAP)(115lbs), 1x9(AMRAP)(110lbs)

Thumbless 50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-1x10+hold(105lbs)

Thumbless Axle Sumo Deficit Deadlift-3x5+hold(175lbs, 185lbs, 195lbs)

BTB axle wrist curls-2x10

Finished with iso & core training. 

• Like 4

Pinch training today. 

1H 60mm Gods of Grip Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(75lbs)*both hands. 2x8(60lbs)

Pony Pinch-4x15

Got to try out my new GoG pinch block and I must say it's my new fav lol. Great texture, holds chalk, great dimensions. I really like pinching with the 60mm width. Not sure its my strongest width but alot of fun to work with 😁 

• Like 5

Thickbar training today. 4 weeks out from nats. 

Fat Gripz One Deadlift-1x1(345lb)*+40lb PR

Blue Fat Gripz Deadlift-3x1(235,255,275lb)*+20lb PR 1x8(225lb)*probably a volume PR

Blue Fat Gripz Cupped/Thumbless Pullups(pried open to 2.75")-2x5, 5x1(speed reps+hold)

Fat Gripz One Cupped/Thumbless Neutral Grip Pullups-3x5

Dips-5x5

Best training session to date. I attribute the huge PR's to switching to a semi-sumo stance from conventional. It allows me to torque my wrists a bit more and create more tension. Also quitting grippers to focus on the upcoming GS meet has helped with fatigue management imo. Like 2H pinch I do best with my hands very close together as opposed to spaced out. It's fascinating to me how much additional wrist strength is required once I switch from the fat gripz ones to the blues. Totally different exercise and I also find the thumb requirements off the charts. I can't even fathom the extremes haha(I own them but seldom use them). Getting anxious for nats and really looking forward to getting pointers and advice from the grip gods who will be attending 💪

• Like 6

Pinch, v bar & wrist training today. 

IM Blockbuster-1x1(27.5kg/60.6lbs)*PR both hands. 3x5(51lbs,46lbs,41lbs)

Grip Genie Hilt(first time)-1x1(170lbs)*both hands 1xAMRAP(150lbs)

Wrist Reinforcer-3x20

• Like 5

Thickbar & wrist training today. 

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-1x1(167.5lbs/76kg)*PR both hands. 2x5(140lbs, 125lbs) 2x5(115lbs, 107.5lbs)*thumbless

BTB Axle Wrist Curls-4x12

Reverse Axle Wrist Curls-3x12

• Like 6

Pinchathon today 🦞

2H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x1(157.5lbs)*+10lb PR. 1x5(132lbs), 1x10(117lbs)

1H 60mm GoG Pinch Block-3x5(61lbs)+hold

2" pinch has finally almost caught up to the 3" 🥳  I was supposed to do levering after but my wrists were too sore lol. 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 4

Plate curl & thick bar training today. 

IM Stacker Curl-4x6(top set 20lbs)*PR

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-5x5(top set 120lbs)*PR  2x10-20 second hold(115lbs, 105lbs) 2x5(95lbs, 90lbs)*thumbless

Pony Pinch-4x10

• Like 5

GS/Armlifting assistance workout today. 

Thumbless Axle Pullups-4 sets medium grip, 2x6 wide grip

Blue Fat Gripz Thumbless Neutral Grip Pullups-2x10

BB Finger Curls-7 sets

Building more momentum for GS nats 😎 hope everyones training is going well. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

GS/Armlifting assistance workout today. 

Thumbless Axle Pullups-4 sets medium grip, 2x6 wide grip

Blue Fat Gripz Thumbless Neutral Grip Pullups-2x10

BB Finger Curls-7 sets

Building more momentum for GS nats 😎 hope everyones training is going well. 

Awesome workout. How did you hook up the axle for pullups? Over a power rack? 

I love 50mm thick bar pullups. Love the extra grip challenge.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome workout. How did you hook up the axle for pullups? Over a power rack? 

I love 50mm thick bar pullups. Love the extra grip challenge.

Hey buddy, I'm just using a power rack at the gym I go to. It has a small diameter bar at the top of the rack along with an axle size bar. Didn't mean to be misleading. The rack is from Rogue & I would post a pic but I'm not sure if that is within forum rules or not. 

Agreed I love the 50mm pullups 😁 tbh I don't love the blue or orange fat gripz pullups(they pry open an additional .25"+ on a regular pullup bar and revolve a bit lol) but they open my hand up alot and are very wrist heavy which has carryover to other grip stuff hence why I do them lol. The Fat Gripz Ones on the other hand feel nice 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Hey buddy, I'm just using a power rack at the gym I go to. It has a small diameter bar at the top of the rack along with an axle size bar. Didn't mean to be misleading. The rack is from Rogue & I would post a pic but I'm not sure if that is within forum rules or not. 

Agreed I love the 50mm pullups 😁 tbh I don't love the blue or orange fat gripz pullups(they pry open an additional .25"+ on a regular pullup bar and revolve a bit lol) but they open my hand up alot and are very wrist heavy which has carryover to other grip stuff hence why I do them lol. The Fat Gripz Ones on the other hand feel nice 👍

Cool man, it sounds very similar to the rogue rack my gym has. Lots of bars about 30mm maybe them a nice 50mm one at the back i use for my pullups and dead hang holds. All gyms should have them.

Id agree that the fat gripz are not great for pullups, ive only tried the blue but they do come apart but still a good grip challenge. The orange would be a killer 💪

• Like 1

Thickbar & plate curl training today.

2 3/8" Wrist Wrench-1x1(73lbs)*strictness PR. 1x5(58lbs), 1x10(53lbs)

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-2x5(130lbs)+holds on last rep

Plate Curl-3x3(25lb Cap plate)*slow & exaggerated eccentric

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Results from Canadian GS nationals. May 15 2022 in Regina, Saskatchewan.

IM Axle-140kg

IM Blockbuster Pinch Block-32kg

2.25" Crusher-69.5kg

2H Tips Tester-133.8kg

Little Big Horn-68.5kg

Reflecting on this meet, I should have attempted 145kg on the axle because I felt like I had that in me. I was worried about my grip endurance given the 5 events we had to do that day so I passed on even attempting 145. Turns out my endurance was fine lol. Ah well, at least now I know to give it my all next time. Interestingly my tips tester PR is almost the same as my doh axle which is odd. I have never used a tips tester nor seen one in my life. So I was surprised at how well I managed on this device. Had a great time and shared the platform with some monsters 💪🦍 The ladies were incredible to watch and everytime I thought the last attempt was made, someone would one up the next person lol. 

My next meet will likely be King Kong 2022. 

• Like 4