Armlifting Training Report

Bigfoot Grip

2 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thickbar & Hub training today.

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-5x5(105lbs)+hold last rep of every set

IM Hub-9x1(41lbs)*volume PR

Very happy with my new Silarukov rolling handle. Holds chalk well and has a nice texture. It feels harder than my RT but I havn't tried maxing on it for a more accurate comparison. I guess this kicks off GS Canadian nationals prep 😁

Great work man, the handles do look good. Im glad you got your handle shipped with the sanctions situation in russia. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Great work man, the handles do look good. Im glad you got your handle shipped with the sanctions situation in russia. 

Thanks bro. It shipped much faster then I would have thought. Unfortunately sometimes it's the little guys that loose business due to boycotts etc. and many pay the price for the actions of a few. 

• Like 1

Plate Curl & Pinch workout. 

IM Stacker Curl-3x8(16-17lbs top set)*maybe a PR?

50mm Silarukov 1H Pinch Block-1x1(66lbs/30kg)*PR, 16x1(55lbs)

IM Stacker Curls-1x12(14lbs)

Really like this new pinch block because it seasons well like the Arm Assassin ones 👍 holds chalk nicely and has a compact size. Only downside is I would not recomend it for folks with bigger hands(maybe around 8"+) because it isn't very long. 

• Like 4

Thickbar today.

Rolling Thunder-1x1(148.6lbs)*PR LH only, 1x1(146lbs)*PR RH, 1x8(116lbs) both hands

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-1x8(105lbs) both hands

2 3/8" Jug Hammer Curls-3x8(40lbs)

Happy with the rolling handle work today as my previous best on the RT was only 142.5lbs. I just barely missed 148.6lbs with my RH(almost locked out). Really trying to get my rolling handle lifts up as they seem to be in 100% of competitions I look at. lol hopefully I can find time for grippers in the near future 😎

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 4

Wide pinch, grippers & levering today. 

1H 80mm Silarukov Pinch Block-6x5(heaviest was 23.4kg)

25mm Set Block Grippers+overcrush last rep-2x10 CoC #1.5 LH, 2x5 CoC #2 RH, 2x10 CoC #1 LH, 2x10 CoC #1.5 RH

Wrist Reinforcer-sets of 12-20 reps in all directions. 

Went to the gym after this and did a bunch of bb squats, glute bridges, leg press, ham curl etc. 

Working the narrow sets on grippers because I'm incredibly weak with deep set grippers, I'm better at the wider set imo. 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

25mm Set Block Grippers+overcrush last rep-2x10 CoC #1.5 LH, 2x5 CoC #2 RH, 2x10 CoC #1 LH, 2x10 CoC #1.5 LH

Went to the gym after this and did a bunch of bb squats, glute bridges, leg press, ham curl etc. 

Working the narrow sets on grippers because I'm incredibly weak with deep set grippers, I'm better at the wider set imo. 

Strong pinching. How does that block compare to the blockbuster?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Strong pinching. How does that block compare to the blockbuster?

Thanks man. It's wider @ 80mm for the SIlarukov vs 76mm for the Blockbuster. It's harder mainly due to how wide the thing is(seriously stresses the thumbs). Marco Buhl called it "The Russian Brick" lol I'd agree with that 😁 it can also be used for 2H pinching. It stresses my thumb to almost a dangerous extent so I'm proceeding carefully with this thing. It's funny how my Arm Assassin 3" block & my IM Blockbuster feel safe but add +4mm and it's way different for my hand size. I'm confident it will give me carryover to the Blockbuster 👍 

• Like 3

On 3/6/2022 at 1:41 AM, Bigfoot Grip said:

25mm Set Block Grippers+overcrush last rep-2x10 CoC #1.5 LH, 2x5 CoC #2 RH, 2x10 CoC #1 LH, 2x10 CoC #1.5 RH

Great work. I recently tried the gog 80mm block  and the extra 4mm makes a big difference i found, So damn wide.

Solid gripper work as well 👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Great work. I recently tried the gog 80mm block  and the extra 4mm makes a big difference i found, So damn wide.

Solid gripper work as well 👏

Thanks buddy. Yeah it's something else for sure those extra +4mm change it up alot. I saw your video and the Gods of Grip 80mm block looks like a nice piece of equipment. I'm hoping the 80mm helps with not only 76mm pinch but maybe thickbar lifts such as the 60mm rolling handle lifts. Hard to say thus far but the thumb strength you get from the wide pinch may help. 

I'm slipping on grippers haha because it's hard to balance all the gadgets in unison and it seems alot of the GS & Armlifting meets don't have grippers(except silver bullet). Glad yours have taken off, your nearly slamming the 2.5 💪

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks buddy. Yeah it's something else for sure those extra +4mm change it up alot. I saw your video and the Gods of Grip 80mm block looks like a nice piece of equipment. I'm hoping the 80mm helps with not only 76mm pinch but maybe thickbar lifts such as the 60mm rolling handle lifts. Hard to say thus far but the thumb strength you get from the wide pinch may help. 

I'm slipping on grippers haha because it's hard to balance all the gadgets in unison and it seems alot of the GS & Armlifting meets don't have grippers(except silver bullet). Glad yours have taken off, your nearly slamming the 2.5 💪

Im sure the 80mm will carryover to 76mm. With pinch Normally wider helps narrower but not vice versa.

It is hard to balance everything so what i do is, do 6-8 week blocks where i focus on one aspect of grip tp bring it up while the rest goes on maintenance. They all carryover somewhat anyway i find. Atm im on  a gripper focus and its paying off.

Me joining a gym and doing things like squats, bench and deads again after 2 years will help me but for the first few weeks im cutting back on grip.

Your grippers wil still be there when fully recovered no doubt. 

• Like 1

Pinch training today. 

Warmup-IM blue egg

IM Hub-1x1(48lbs)*PR LH, 1x1(46lbs)*PR RH, 8x1(44lbs) both hands

Pony Pinch-3x15

• Like 4

Plate curl & thick bar training today. 

IM Stacker Curl-5x5(heaviest was 21lbs) 

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-3x1(130lbs)+5-10 second hold 1x10(105lbs)*rep PR

Deficit Thumbless Arm Assassin Axle Deadlift-worked up to 1x1(240lbs)+5 second hold, 2x5(205lbs)

Behind the back axle wrist curls-3x12

Good training session today. I've got to work a few long shifts at work and to factor in daylight saving time(DST) I thought it was best to do a bunch of volume as I doubt I'll have any time to train in the next few days 😒 Meet prep seems to be going alright though for GS Canadian nationals so hopefully I can muster a respectable result 😁

• Like 5

Pinch & wrist work today. 

1H 80mm Silarukov Pinch Block-doubles up to 1x1(31.5kg/70lbs)*PR RH only, 1x1(30.75kg) LH, 10x1(26kg) both hands

Wrist Wrench Bicep Curls-5x8

Happy with the direction of my wide pinching but still have a long ways to go on thin pinch. I've been taking video clips of these lifts, maybe I'll make a montage at some point. 

• Like 4

2 handed thick bar & pinch lifts today. 

Deficit Arm Assassin Axle Deadlift-worked up to 1x10(264lbs/120kg)+hold last rep. Huge rep PR!

Deficit Arm Assassin Thumbless Axle Deadlift-1x10(185lbs)

2H 2" Arm Assassin Pinch Block-1x10(110lbs)

2H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x10(107.5lbs)

Wrist Reinforcer-many sets & reps in all directions

Shocked by how well my axle deadlifts are coming along but I'll take it. I've switched to sumo and it could be a stronger position than conventional stance deadlifts. Trying to get my first 300lb+ at nationals. GS & Armlifting usually use the Ironmind Apollon's axle so I want to make sure I can lift enough on the alternative axles to account for any potential discrepancies in size. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Shocked by how well my axle deadlifts are coming along but I'll take it. I've switched to sumo and it could be a stronger position than conventional stance deadlifts. Trying to get my first 300lb+ at nationals. GS & Armlifting usually use the Ironmind Apollon's axle so I want to make sure I can lift enough on the alternative axles to account for any potential discrepancies in size. 

I thought the same thing- but what changed my mind is when I looked in to the last 5 guys who have moved the WR- all pull CV. For me switching back to conventional from sumo gave me 25 lb more lb to my max in a year- after seeing Igor kill the record I switched to an extremely close stance and man the results keep piling on. keep experimenting and look closely at all over the guys who have gone over 500 for some insights. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

2 handed thick bar & pinch lifts today. 

Deficit Arm Assassin Axle Deadlift-worked up to 1x10(264lbs/120kg)+hold last rep. Huge rep PR!

Deficit Arm Assassin Thumbless Axle Deadlift-1x10(185lbs)

2H 2" Arm Assassin Pinch Block-1x10(110lbs)

2H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x10(107.5lbs)

Wrist Reinforcer-many sets & reps in all directions

Nice work on the axle man. Very strong. I think breaking 300 shouldn’t be an issue for you by the time nations rolls around.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I thought the same thing- but what changed my mind is when I looked in to the last 5 guys who have moved the WR- all pull CV. For me switching back to conventional from sumo gave me 25 lb more lb to my max in a year- after seeing Igor kill the record I switched to an extremely close stance and man the results keep piling on. keep experimenting and look closely at all over the guys who have gone over 500 for some insights. 

Thank you Adam. I pull very narrow "frog stance" style conventional wether on the standard bar or axle. I will try this style again and continue experimenting. It does make the axle easier in the starting position(for me at least lol) but I find sumo easier through the finish. Thumbless lifting has helped me a great deal lately. Actually I credit you with being a big part of why I utilize that style so much 👊 I notice you pull narrow on the saxon bar also. 

I'm excited to see you lift a 500lb axle in comp someday. Carl just did the 230kg which blew my mind! I always wondered if Tanner would try to make a good run for a 500+ axle, but maybe he is laser focused on the KK events 🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice work on the axle man. Very strong. I think breaking 300 shouldn’t be an issue for you by the time nations rolls around.

Thanks alot buddy. I think you might be right. I've been doing a bit of armwrestler type training at the gym, mainly thumbless and cupped lifts and it seems to be working for the axle and possibly rolling handle lifts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thank you Adam. I pull very narrow "frog stance" style conventional wether on the standard bar or axle. I will try this style again and continue experimenting. It does make the axle easier in the starting position(for me at least lol) but I find sumo easier through the finish. Thumbless lifting has helped me a great deal lately. Actually I credit you with being a big part of why I utilize that style so much 👊 I notice you pull narrow on the saxon bar also. 

I'm excited to see you lift a 500lb axle in comp someday. Carl just did the 230kg which blew my mind! I always wondered if Tanner would try to make a good run for a 500+ axle, but maybe he is laser focused on the KK events 🤔

So on Carl - the Arnold is the worst performance you’ll see from him in the coming days. He is destine to break nearly every record. He’s easily the strongest grip athlete North America has ever seen. No weakness just all round ability is every single events format. There is nearly no lift right now I would question his ability to just hulk smash. 

on Tanner - he’s not even 30 yet. He will emerge as the most winning dominant athlete the sport has ever seen. The only person to out place Tanner in a contest since 2019 had been Carl. Trust me you will see 500+ doh axle from him in the coming days. 

on me/ I will get there. Never as fast as I want but one day or another it is a done deal. In either worn food or I’ll pull 500 on Ironmind axle in a contest 😁😁😁

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks alot buddy. I think you might be right. I've been doing a bit of armwrestler type training at the gym, mainly thumbless and cupped lifts and it seems to be working for the axle and possibly rolling handle lifts. 

Hey. Do you want to borrow my little big horn leading up to nationals?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Hey. Do you want to borrow my little big horn leading up to nationals?

Thanks man, yeah I'd love to try it out to see were I stack up with the competition. All I have is the jug replica to train on. 

• Like 1

Thickbar, plate curls & dynamic pinch today. 

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-1x1(145lbs)*PR, 1x3(130lbs), 1x5(113lbs), 1x105lbsx30 second hold

IM Stacker Curls-5x5(heaviest was 18 or 19lbs) all sets submaximal work just to get some quality volume in. 

Pony Pinch-1x18, 1x20

Happy with this momentum given I've been working alot more lately and haven't been getting as much sleep as I should. I would love to get 70+ keys on the 2.25" FBBC Crusher at nationals so hopefully that goes down. 

• Like 3

Thick bar & pinch today. Just received my 50mm Silarukov rolling handle and had to test it out. 

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-worked up to 1x1(165lbs/75kg)*PR RH only 1x10+hold(130lbs) both hands

1H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-12x1(60lbs) both hands

Wrist Reinforcer-2x mega sets in all directions. 

Very happy with the new rolling handle and it might be my fav thus far in my grip journey 😎

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thick bar & pinch today. Just received my 50mm Silarukov rolling handle and had to test it out. 

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-worked up to 1x1(165lbs/75kg)*PR RH only 1x10+hold(130lbs) both hands

1H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-12x1(60lbs) both hands

Wrist Reinforcer-2x mega sets in all directions. 

Very happy with the new rolling handle and it might be my fav thus far in my grip journey 😎

Great session and Very strong start on the new handle. 

• Thanks 1

Wide pinch & V bar today followed by squats, arnold presses, dips, preacher curls, cardio etc at the gym. 

1H 80mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x1(32.5kg/71.6lbs)*PR both hands

2 3/8" AASS Jug-3x1(155lbs), 3x1(130lbs), 6x1(105lbs)

1H 80mm SIlarukov Pinch Block-3x5(57lbs,52lbs,47lbs)

• Like 3