• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilentDude

• thomas straub

• Strong Man

• Jonathan McMillan

;) Better be good if you plan on getting thta #4 down.

i'll be good

Been a while. Been busy, with work ladies, reading, learning, school, changing schools, and thinking about Wrestling. I could wrestle and Do track. Or I could just wrestle. I was thinking baout it, and it probably would not hurt to loose some fat. Anyway, my grip routine has changed some.

For now I'm focusing mainly on Grippers. Sometimes, bending or tearing.

As for the weight lifting, I'm ainly focusing on squats and bench. I'll Bench as much weight as I can do for 6 reps, for 6 sets. same with squats.

I've been hitting the punching bag alot, to work on my stamina., I'd box for 5 minutes then resdt for 5 and do that about 10 times.

thats it.

- Kit

First day of school. Watched a bring weight trianing Video and were gonna be ready to start tommorow. They had picturees of olympic lifters all over the wall and everything. The bench Record is 315, only 60 lbs away from me. I'll get that by the end of the semester. And if I don't I have it for a whole other semester.

I took a glimpse at some of the squats and Deadlifts. I can't recall the Squat record. I wanna say 450. The Deadlift is 500 somthing. The Clean is 300. I just Can't wait to start. I am hoping to make good progress on everything.

did you say you could DL 400lbs?

I don't remmember i'm pretty sure it's withen my reach. Shouldn't be to hard pulling it up there. If it is i'm probably not fare away for it.

First day of school. Watched a bring weight trianing Video and were gonna be ready to start tommorow. They had picturees of olympic lifters all over the wall and everything. The bench Record is 315, only 60 lbs away from me. I'll get that by the end of the semester. And if I don't I have it for a whole other semester.

I took a glimpse at some of the squats and Deadlifts. I can't recall the Squat record. I wanna say 450. The Deadlift is 500 somthing. The Clean is 300. I just Can't wait to start. I am hoping to make good progress on everything.

i wish you luck ssj

I looked over the records today. None are to impressive. I'll kill them. None are to hard. I'm planning on getting 450-500 by senior year. Hopefully that is. I've been drinkign and eating so much protein..

Those lifts are 1RM right. At my school those records are crap. Right now there is a MONSTER at cleans, 6' 4' 220+. A couple of months ago he was doing 285 x 5. Ide bet he is doing more now. As for squats one guy is doing 435 x 8... not sure about his one rep max but hes about 6' and 200-210. A few others a close with him too. Dunno about the bench record though. Saw the same squat monster doing 315 or whereabouts for reps though. I know of a huge italian guy too that can do about 350 or so. He also can do 270 for 5 reps in the clean. And all the guys I speak of were juniors last year!!! They better freaking do good this year with all that power!

Cleans are an elusive thing though. I easially worked up to my bodyweight and more with my build... a lanky 6' guy at around 200 pounds. Seems that the tall guys who are pretty lean do the most, but dont do as well with squats. My best clean to date was 245 for one rep. I would pursue more and I know I could get a lot more but Ive put aside heavy lifting for now, Im focusing on gymnastics, my goal is to get in the top ten in state on parallel bars! The whole football team is always begging me to join up but im mr opposite... :blush big guy doing gymnastics instead of football. Another reason why I dont want to do football is that most of the team are a bunch of a-holes that are full of themselves... but I wont get into that...

PS I like football and all... but I dont like the talk about cutting gymnastics and other smaller sports to help fund the more popular sports *cough* football and baseball. I do believe that gymnastics is one of the best sports combining strength flexiblity and balance.. people say its "easy" or for "pansies" but in reality gymnastics is really a very tough sport and your only as good as how much you put into it. Its very sad that such a great sport is being swept under the carpet in favor of the mainstream sports. I was very suprized to learn that there are only 20 collages in the US with gymnastics programs and more and more are getting cut each year. Thats another reason why I prefer not to do football.. oh well... sorry for ranting... :inno

Deadlift: 550

Bench: 315

Squat: 450

Clean: 300

Those are the school records, one rep max. No so much sissies. Just guys who arent into powerlifting. they do what they can but arent commited ya know. The schools new so. Most by the same guy. A guy named Chris Whictell (spellings off) He weighed 181 when he got all of those.

:whacked:angry::(

I had a big scare yesterday... Weighttraining is officially going to start next week and I need to ge tone good workout in... I was feeling week so i decided to warm up a little....I put on 235... coudlnt get it.. then 225... couldnt get it.. finally got 215... Had no idea why.. Woke morning with the worst sore throat i'd ever had... Didn't help that today was run day in weight training. We ran a mile, with some breaks too.. The worst i'd ever done, calfs cramped up, throat was dry and hurting, it was 95 degrees outside. almsot got last place... I'm not one for complaing and I dont want it to come off as that i'm just pissed becuase i did so bad.. I'm hoping and praying this cold, sinus problem or whatever wears off wuick. if anyone had some home remedies they would like to share, please do.. thanks...

Edited by ssj50matrix

well i hope you feel better than you can get more serious with your training.

35% x 10

50% x 5

70% x5 x10

My coach put me in the biggest group of guys. When I say biggest I don't mena by numbers, i mean by size. We were doing Squats today. We decided to settle on 185 as are 70% max. I don't mean to brag but I outclassed every guy in my group. They were cheating halfway through. They asked what I could max out at, and I justt chrugged I know its somwhere between 275-300. Whats gonna suck though is the mile we run tommorow.... We sprint 800 rest for 6 minutes sprint 400, rest for 3 the sprint another 400 rest for 3 then we sprint another 400. Wouldnt be that hard if I had done a little more cardio this summer. Last hard workout I had was almost a year ago lol. Anyway I had a pretty good workout today, my hands went nub and my legs felt like noodles... :rock

Heard some rumors fly today. I'm usually cuatious at everything i hear. but I overheard somoent alkign about there brother. He's 14 years odl weighs 140 and benchs 300. I'm skeptical of course, becuas e he also said his brothers in Jail.

Anyway.. We ran today, before we ran we jumped rope, and sense I'm feeling better I think It helped. We sprinted a half mile, rested 6 minutes sprinted, another half mile, rrested 6 minutes, sprinted a quarter mile, rest 3 minutes, then sprinted another quarter and we were through. I love the weight training, but the Conditioning is a getting to me. Having the squats the day before doesnt help.

Guest gripmaster316

If your legs are hurting the next day from squats you are doing them right. Do you find the conditioning hard ssj?? I was a pretty big kid all my life and running was one of those things that I just wasn't built for. However, I really don't care now because when I see some of my friends doing a sit down curl I say "let me try!" and then I do it with my one finger. I won't even get into grippers... I had a friend who was strong but not strong handed. The #1 made fun of him. Anyway... It sounds like you are doing enough running. How much do you weigh?? Because the more you weigh the harder it gets.

P.S don't be too skeptical of the 140 pound bencher. I have seen a 160 pound guy bench 460!!!

Edited by gripmaster316

Yah but how old was the guy? This kids 14. Anyway, I just have to get into running, once I start it i get better pretty quick. I did alot better this time than last... I do hate running most of the time though, its one of those things i have to push myself at.

Guest gripmaster316

True... 14 is very young... and 140 pounds and the age of 14?? He must have started working out when he was 10-11?? Ahhh forget it!!! I don't believe it. Don't 14 year olds go to a Juvenille hall?

Edited by gripmaster316

Thats one reaosn i was skeptical... I knew that they did. And if he is misinformed about the jail thing, then he may be misinformed about the bench press. Although he said he has sen him do it.

that sounds very unbeliveable but if there is a witness and he saw then ok. i would never thought a 14year old could do that much because he's more than double my bench press, but i'm 35 more pounds than him but i guess weight has nothing to do with it.

phew... Had myself a good bench workout today.

185lbsx5x10 Regular bench presses

185lbsx5x5 floor bench presses (bench presses while laying on the floor)

135x5x8 Close grip bench presses

Today was an easy day for me. One guy out did me on benchs to begin with. But when we got to the floor I killed him. For some reason when I'm on the floor, bench presses are so much easier.