Record Breaking Program

SilentDude

I got tot hinking about Goals for my senior year. When summers over I'll be a sophmore... I'm 15, I wiegh 175-185 most of the time. My best lifts are

175 Clean

250 Bench

300+ Deadlift

300+ squat

So far I know my goals for bench pressing, but I have never really trained any other areas, so I don't know what progress to expect. I will throw out some relative Numbers. These are my golas for my senior year

320 Clean

500 Bench

600 Deadlift

600+ Squat

If anyone would be so kind to just guide me in the right direction It would be well appreicated. I know i posted earlier about bench pressing but it got me to thinking. Alot of people post there training, so I think i might do so also. I will also post on my hand training.

So far I can close the #2 after a warm up with my right hand. I can get the #2 to about 1/4 with my left. My Ultimate Goal is to Get the #4 by he tiem I'm 20.

I've put a bend in a 60-penny nail, tore a phonebook, and a deck of cards. I have finally pinched my two 25 plates, that I think are thicker than normal 25 lb plates at 2 inchs a peice. I've hub pinched them before, and I can lever an 8 lb hammer all the way parallel. All of this done without Chalk.

My ultimate hand strength goal is to Be able to close the WT gripper... Sounds ridiculous, but I beleive the Human body is almost limitless. < <

Anyway, some guidance would be a little appreciated..., thanks to you all... :happy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilentDude

• thomas straub

• Strong Man

• Jonathan McMillan

you got some high hopes i wish you luck, nice bench press with 250.

you got some REAL high hopes there Kit, lets hope you train the shit out of yourself to get them.

Well i just got done with my first squat workout. I decided to do 2 sets of 20 with 215. It was killer, I loved that feeling. I used to hate squats bu now, geez. I love them to death. Turns out I slept on my shoulder wrongI think. at firs tthe pain wasnt bad at all. ?But now it's kille,r so i'm gonna lay off bench pressing and deadlifting for a week. Last night I did a Hand workout.

I Warmed up with my trainer, Then I did 3 sets of a 10 lb straphold with my #1. Then I Forced the 3 shut and held it until it opened all the way out agian (negatives) for 3 sets.

I did 10 Deadlifts and holds with my two 25lb blobs.

I decided to cut it hsort becuase the pain in my lef thand was a killer.

Well i just got done with my first squat workout. I decided to do 2 sets of 20 with 215.

i thought you said you could do 300lbs easily.

Guest PineAway
320 Clean

500 Bench

600 Deadlift

600+ Squat

Nice goals to shoot for... Not to break them down or anything, but I beleive a 500lb benchpress would be a world record for any Highschool. Same with the 600lb Deadlift and 600lb+ Squat. I beleive those would also be world records. The 320lb clean, however, is more than reasonable. It will be hard, but it is possible and best of luck accomplishing it. As for the others, you may consider toning them down a bit to something more reasonable. Personally, I'd shit my pants at the sight of a senior lifting those numbers. The #4 before your 20 may be possible, and I wish you the utmost success on this feat :rock

Best of luck in your training..

A man I know now who went to my high school pulled a national record that still stands of 630 at 198. Thats the best I've ever heard of for body weight. Later that summer he apparently got close to 700 in the deadlift and squated over 600. He was invited to the junior worlds but had to stay home and take care of the farm.

Edited by mattvanweele

The high school for my school is 600 on the deadlift. And Tom, I did 215 for 2 sets of 20... I can still do 300 easily..... But not for 2 sets of 20

The high school for my school is 600 on the deadlift. And Tom, I did 215 for 2 sets of 20... I can still do 300 easily..... But not for 2 sets of 20

ok i see.... :bow

how many reps do you think you would get with 300lbs?

how far down do you go

ssj,

Try this... SQ 150 pounds for 20 reps. Can you do that? BTW, some lofty goals - good luck and train hard!! Don't forget to eat, and eat a lot! ;):D

Guest gripmaster316

Not just eat but drink lots of milk. I try to drink anywhere from 2-3 quarts of milk a day. I don't seem to be gaining any weight. However, the grocery bill seems to be ballooning to new heights.

Try this... SQ 150 pounds for 20 reps.

hey Sybersnott, what dop you mean? I did 215 for 2 sets of 20, andf your saying for me to do 150?

My tips towards reaching your goals, for what it's worth:

1) As others have said, try to gain a little weight. You will obviously fill out more as you get older, so help that with keeping the food intake up. This should help your squat and bench tremendously.

2) Drop your reps. 20's are nice, but I would suggest that lower reps would be a better way to reach those goals. And stay well clear of failure with whatever rep scheme you are on - always leave a bit more in the tank.

3) Concentrate on the clean over the deadlift. The dead is my favourite lift but you cannot (well, I can't anyway) concentrate on the clean and dead together. When I clean my dead always goes up - the reverse is not the case.

4) Mental approach - I don't know you, so I apologize if this advice seems patronising, but these are lofty goals for your age. You will pretty much have to accept that every non-school/family moment will have be tailored around meeting these goals. You'll also have to accept the fact that you may not make these goals because your body won't let you.

Hope this helps in some way - it's pretty standard stuff, nothing new so if you've read it all before then oh well.

As you post your current training I'm sure a lot more ideas will pop up.

Had a heavy hand workout last night. Started by closing the #2 for the maybe the 2nd or 3rd time after I jammed my thumb. I did about 5 warm up reps on it. then I hit 5 sets of negatives on the #3. Then I was to spent to do strapholds with the two so i just did a 5 lb strp hold with my #1 for about 4 sets.

Then I decided to experiment. I can handle my 25 lb hex blob pretty easy. So i decided to take both of them and try cleans. I cleaned them a good 10 times, and decided to try a block toss as well. Sense I don't have any chalk and I sweat really easily it was pretty hard to catch in the other hand without some slippage. I lan on buying Chalk somtime just for this.

then I wrsit curled my 25 lb plate 10 times. Then I attempted 4 10's for fun. I have gotten some air with them before, but failed to last night.

Then I called it a night. I'm really lookin into buying me soem thick handle dumbells.

I can handle my 25 lb hex blob pretty easy. So i decided to take both of them and try cleans. I cleaned them a good 10 times,

you cleaned both of the blobs at that same time?

(left hand) (right hand)

yeah, there only 25 b though. I'm bad with words and It take sme a while to figure out how to explain things somtimes. Ther enot real yblobs becuase ther enot half of a york 100 lb dumbell. There half of a 50 lb hex dumbell. And yes both hands left and right

yeah, there only 25 b though. I'm bad with words and It take sme a while to figure out how to explain things somtimes. Ther enot real yblobs becuase ther enot half of a york 100 lb dumbell. There half of a 50 lb hex dumbell. And yes both hands left and right

thats good.

i have a metal block and it weighs 27lbs its 4'' thick and 6'' lenght wise. and i can clean and press that.

Edited by thomas straub

thats good.

i have a metal block and it weighs 27lbs its 4'' thick and 6'' lenght wise. and i can clean and press that.

both left and right hand

Today's monday and i'm gonna get back on schedule. I'll get back on later tonight and tell ya how the workout went. I do know I can close the #2 really easy agian. I just need to work on it left handed. I can't seme to find a stable routine for Deadlifts either. After starting back I have to say I tihnk Deadlift is a better feat of strength, but I enjoy Squats a whole lot more. I do them untill they make me sick :happy

I beleiver in Going all the way with every workout. i'm not gonna bench press today becuase my shoulder is still killin me. I don't want to irratate it either. If Somone could help me with the Deadlift Situation though. I have no idea really how to start. I was just thinking low reps, low sets with alot of weight...

I'm no coach and no strength freak. But her is what i do for my DLs :

W is a weight you have to determine by yourself.

Warm-up : 10*W

10*(1.5*W) approx.

Work-set: 10*(2*W) approx.

Each workout you add 2lbs on the work-set bar, not more.

For example if W=100kgs:

Warm-up : 10*100kgs

10*150kgs

Work-set : 10*200kgs

Very simple. Very effective for me (for the moment ? :mellow )

Whoa, thats some painnation.... I decided to do Deadlifts tommorow..... Those Squats i did were killer.

Squats: I did 235 For 6 reps, Then I upped the weight just to epiriment to 275, Did they for 6 sets, Brought it back down to 235 for 10 sets, and then finished it with 255 for 10 sets.

Hands... One killer workout...

I warmed-up on my store bought gripper.

#1 gripper for 4 reps

#3 for 4 negatives

#4 for 1 negative

#1 Straphold with 5 lbs as long as a could for 4 sets (right hand)

I used the Trainer for my left. It's a little behind.

I attempted 4 10's agian. I tried some negatives by helpign it off the gorund and holding it with a little assistance form my other hand

I Did some Block Tosses with my 25 lb block weight.

Then I did a farmers Walk, and then saimply held it as long as I could. Left hand was weak and Gave out at 20 seconds, right hand Gave out at 35 seconds.

I did a 25 lb plate wrist curl for 3 reps, (had to help my left hand...)

Then I put 2 10's together and wrist curl with each hand about 10 times. Then I got out my Weider Wrist machine and did that about 20 times and then held with each hand on its hardest elvel

Then I put 25 lbs on my wrist roller and rolled it up 3 times.. The rope is 4 feet long.

I know i'll be feeling this tommorow... :mellow

Then even thoguh my hands and wrist were wasted, I brought out my 8 lb hammer and Levered it up and down about 5 times then helepd with my free hands. Agian my left hand fell short by a couple.

Guest gripmaster316

My training for deadlifting is pretty simple. For instance I would start at a specific weight (right now 375) and give it all I got. I try to do it once more and thats it. It usually takes me about a month to get used to the weight and then I move it up 25 pounds. Its as simple as that and it works for me. I remember at first when I struggled like hell to get 375 up... now it is much easier.

i'm gonna try all kinds of workouts untill I fing the right one. Gripmaster, your deadlfit routine sound slike my old bench routine lol.