Bent Over Barbell Rows

10 x 60

10 x 60

10 x 60

Barbell Curls

10 x 27,5

10 x 27,5

10 x 27,5

Hey Jorg, you have a gripmachine I read, you like it? Any plans for structural work with this one?

Hey Jorg, you have a gripmachine I read, you like it? Any plans for structural work with this one?

Hey Geralt,

i have three machines:

http://www.handgripper.net/Shop/Grip-Machines-Secret-Weapon-Grip-Machine-JOE-KINNEY-S-X-Type-Gripper/SECRET-WEAPON-GRIP-MACHINE.html

http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/strongman-equipment/special-equipment/extreme-grip-machine/prod_289.html

http://www.ironmind-store.com/Go-Really-Grip153-Machine/productinfo/1242/

I bought them all when i got interested with grip training about two years ago. Today i would not buy them again. I think you have to work very specific with grippers if your goal is to close big ones. Du to my many surgerys over the past two years and my elbow problems i never realy did any structural work with them. Last week was just a finisher of a unstructured funy workout.I know you also have a grip machine that is similary to the Iron Mind model. What do you think about it?

• Like 1

I think the Secret Wapon is realy good for negatives. This i probably the only one i will use someday for my quest to become a COC. Perhaps i try to sell the Pullum model.

I think the Secret Wapon is realy good for negatives. This i probably the only one i will use someday for my quest to become a COC. Perhaps i try to sell the Pullum model.

From looking at this machine it looks if this would give you a very gripper specific workout! Or is this not true? I never touched a machine like this , please let me know!

From looking at this machine it looks if this would give you a very gripper specific workout! Or is this not true? I never touched a machine like this , please let me know!

My opinion is that you have to work with torsion spring grippers if you want to get good at it. But it is a very good for holds and negatives ( this is what it is made for ). The top handle is filed to create a beyond the range effect. I will manipulate the range of motion so that it opens only to parallel or slightly more. I heard that many guys got injured while overdoing it. It is the best and also cheapest machine.

• Like 2

My opinion is that you have to work with torsion spring grippers if you want to get good at it. But it is a very good for holds and negatives ( this is what it is made for ). The top handle is filed to create a beyond the range effect. I will manipulate the range of motion so that it opens only to parallel or slightly more. I heard that many guys got injured while overdoing it. It is the best and also cheapest machine.

Thanks for the info!!

Jorg, that Pullumsports gripmachine (PDA replica) looks great man, that is one helluva expensive device! Yes, I think gripmachines can have their place in griptraining. I have this hypothetical theory of what the general problem is with these things, that is not back upped by facts:

Most guys train with grippers for a while and hit a plateau. This is where the Secret Weapon comes in aka 'negative machine'. The biggest problem is imo that people expect a miracle to occur with this machine: making a shortcut in strengthening the tendons. I think the negative machine can work, but you need to start very light and progress with this thing in a linear curve, for at least months, to better, a year or so. Scaffolding builders, other guys in construction all have one thing in common, they get functional strong and thick in the hands and arms because they do a lot of specific work over a long stretched period, never maxing out with lifting, working with enough resistance for the body to be forced to adapt and get stronger. This is not going to happen in a training situation within a few months.

We expect to start using a gripmachine and also immediately want to start working with weights that correlate to the resistance of the current working gripper, preferably even higher. The hands and arms are not used to the different forces that come with the gripmachine due to different mechanics and presto inflammation will occur, or even a much worse injury.

I think that if you can get stronger on a gripmachine, that means you have gotten stronger hands and lower arms, so that should translate to stronger hands for grippers. You only need to work the transition to grippers and that is where the specific grippertraining comes in. CCS can only be trained with a gripper, as well as setting strength which can also only be trained with grippers (Vulcan!)

Gripmachines are not nessecary for grippertraining, but they can have a good role because of the much more progressive way of increasing resistance.

I think the different gripmachines work the following mechanics best:

Sweep/start of the close: horizontal plateloader (Go Really gripmachine) / PDA gripper

Final crush: Negative machine.

It is just an idea, and who am I since I am definitely not the next Vano and all, but it's what my idea is.

• Like 4

Jorg, that Pullumsports gripmachine (PDA replica) looks great man, that is one helluva expensive device! Yes, I think gripmachines can have their place in griptraining. I have this hypothetical theory of what the general problem is with these things, that is not back upped by facts:

Most guys train with grippers for a while and hit a plateau. This is where the Secret Weapon comes in aka 'negative machine'. The biggest problem is imo that people expect a miracle to occur with this machine: making a shortcut in strengthening the tendons. I think the negative machine can work, but you need to start very light and progress with this thing in a linear curve, for at least months, to better, a year or so. Scaffolding builders, other guys in construction all have one thing in common, they get functional strong and thick in the hands and arms because they do a lot of specific work over a long stretched period, never maxing out with lifting, working with enough resistance for the body to be forced to adapt and get stronger. This is not going to happen in a training situation within a few months.

- When i will start using it I will very carefully progress from holds to negatives ( if I will do them at all ).

We expect to start using a gripmachine and also immediately want to start working with weights that correlate to the resistance of the current working gripper, preferably even higher. The hands and arms are not used to the different forces that come with the gripmachine due to different mechanics and presto inflammation will occur, or even a much worse injury.

I think that if you can get stronger on a gripmachine, that means you have gotten stronger hands and lower arms, so that should translate to stronger hands for grippers. You only need to work the transition to grippers and that is where the specific grippertraining comes in. CCS can only be trained with a gripper, as well as setting strength which can also only be trained with grippers (Vulcan!)

- Of course you get stronger to get stronger while using a grip machine. But i believe that training time is spent better working with grippers.

Gripmachines are not nessecary for grippertraining, but they can have a good role because of the much more progressive way of increasing resistance.

- Without CPW this would the only way to progress to big grippers.

I think the different gripmachines work the following mechanics best:

Sweep/start of the close: horizontal plateloader (Go Really gripmachine) / PDA gripper

Final crush: Negative machine.

It is just an idea, and who am I since I am definitely not the next Vano and all, but it's what my idea is.

Th. 08.12.2015

Bench Press

10 x 40

5 x 50

6 x 3 x 60

1 x 70

1 x 80

1 x 85

1 x 90

Grippers

5 x 53 # Trainer

5 x 64 # 0,5

5 x 5 x 77 # 1

2-Hand Pinch

5 x 33

4 x 5 x 38,5

2,5" Crusher

5 x 33

4 x 5 x 38,5

Fr. 11.12.2015

Barbell Curls

3 x 6 x 30

Rogue Multi Grip Bar

3 x 5 x 35

Grippers

5 x 5 x 77 # 1

2-Hand Pinch

5 x 33

4 x 5 x 38,5

2,5 inch Crusher

5 x 33

4 x 5 x 38,5

Th. 15.12.2015

Bench Press

2 x 10 x 40

5 x 50

6 x 3 x 60

1 x 70

1 x 80

1 x 85

1 x 90

1 x 92,5

Grippers

5 x 2 x 83 # COC 1,5

2- Hand Pinch

2 x 38,5

4 x 2 x 40,25

2,5" Crusher

2 x 38,5

4 x 2 x 40,25

What's Your 1 RM in the bench press (raw vs shirt) ? You did Your bench for speed, right?

My best raw bench was 190 KG and my best shirted 220 KG. Due to my right destroyed rotator cuff this is all I can do these days. The 6 sets of 3 x 60 KG were for speed. Then I worked up to a max. Perhaps speed benches will help me to overcome the sticking point somewhat.

My best raw bench was 190 KG and my best shirted 220 KG. Due to my right destroyed rotator cuff this is all I can do these days. The 6 sets of 3 x 60 KG were for speed. Then I worked up to a max. Perhaps speed benches will help me to overcome the sticking point somewhat.

Ah, sorry, I forgot about Your injury! Do You add any bands or chains while doing speed stuff or just the weight?

Back then i used them for benching on speed day. 3 weeks with chains followed by 3 weeks with Mininands. I also used them on max effort day. On this day i sometimes bench press were the bar was suspendet by stronger bands in a power rack. As you can see i trained Westside Barbell style back then. It was great fun.

Back then i used them for benching on speed day. 3 weeks with chains followed by 3 weeks with Mininands. I also used them on max effort day. On this day i sometimes bench press were the bar was suspendet by stronger bands in a power rack. As you can see i trained Westside Barbell style back then. It was great fun.

Hopefully You will be able to come back to Your former level to fully use those techniques again!

Thank you Burkhard, but this is unpossible. ☹

You really never know. Often enough people had come back after injuries when every possible person said they will never come back. I had always back problems, including a partial disc prolaps and after training nearly 25 years I don't have back pain on a daily basis anymore since around 1,5 years!!

Sa. 19.12.2015

Trap Bar Deadlift ( high position )

3 x 5 x 60

3 x 100

1 x 140

1 x 160

1 x 180

1 x 200

Grippers

3 x 2 x 88 # 1,5 COC

2-Hand Pinch

3 x 10 x 40

2,5# Crusher

3 x 5 x 40

Th 22.12.2015

Bench Press

2 x 10 x 40

6 x 3 x 60

1 x 70

1 x 80

1 x 85

3 x 5 x 75

Grippers*

2 x 10 x 53 # Trainer

5 x 77 # 1

5 x 3 x 88 # 1,5 right hand

5 x 2 x 88 # 1,5 left hand

* felt weak, felt not recovered

2-Hand Pinch ( 1,5 " )

5 x 30

5 x 40

3 x 5 x 45

2-Hand Pinch ( 2 " )

3 x 5 x 45

2,5 " Crusher

5 x 30

3 x 40

3 x 2 x 45

3 x 5 Sec. x 40 *

* was to heavy couldn't hold all sets for 5 sec.

• Like 1

Mo. 28.12.2015

Camber Bar Box Squat

I did many sets ( about 20 ) with just 60 KG to a parallel box to grease the grove of the movement. Haven't done any squats since a very long time. Knees still hurt but it gets better.

Grippers

5 x 88 # 1,5

4 x 3 x 88 # 1,5

Frankenstein ( Elite ) isometric

3 x 10 sec.

Lat two fingers isometric

3 x 10 sec. x Sport

TTK

standing

5 x 5 x 7,5

seated 5 x 10 x 10