Jörg Keilbach's New Log

Jörg Keilbach

This was the final day of the 7 week GSD Thick Bar Cycle. Now i will rest a week to 10 days before i will max out. My goal is 80 KG in the Rolling Thunder.

I'm sure you will make it happen!

• Like 2

This was the final day of the 7 week GSD Thick Bar Cycle. Now i will rest a week to 10 days before i will max out. My goal is 80 KG in the Rolling Thunder.

I'm sure you will make it happen!

Thank you Jüri!

This will be interesting!!

Mo. 02.11.2015

Camber Bar Partial Rack Squats

5 x 90

5 x 140

5 x 180

5 x 220

5 x 240

5 x 250

Tu. 03.11.2015

Pulldowns

up to 5 sets of 10

Chest Supported Rows

up to 3 sets of 10

Bent Lateral Raises

10 x 10

10 x 10

10 x 10

Dumbbell Curls

10 x 15

10 x 15

10 x 15

Trained at my old Powerlifting Gym today.

Mo. 09.11.2015 GSD Thick Bar Cycle new max test!

Rolling Tunder

right hand

up to 1 x 80

left hand

up to 1 x 78,75

2-Hand Pinch

up to 1 x 55

Today i tested my new max on both lifts. The outcomes are plates only. Including the handles and loding pins it is 84/82,75 KG for the RT and 60 KG for the 2HP. I was able to increase my RT by 7,5/6,25 KG and the 2HP by 7,5 KG. I am very satisfied by the outcome of the "GSD Thick Bar Cycle". Thanks to John McCater!

• Like 5

Great improvement, Jörg!! Keep going! :mosher :mosher :mosher

• Like 1

Rolling Tunder

right hand

up to 1 x 80

left hand

up to 1 x 78,75

2-Hand Pinch

up to 1 x 55

Today i tested my new max on both lifts. The outcomes are plates only. Including the handles and loding pins it is 84/82,75 KG for the RT and 60 KG for the 2HP. I was able to increase my RT by 7,5/6,25 KG and the 2HP by 7,5 KG. I am very satisfied by the outcome of the "GSD Thick Bar Cycle". Thanks to John McCater!

That's nice, Jörg!!!! Keep the right direction!

• Like 1

Glad my program has improved your numbers. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Jorg,

How many weeks long was the RT program that you were on? 84 kgs on the RT, very impressive bro!!

• Like 1

Jorg,

How many weeks long was the RT program that you were on? 84 kgs on the RT, very impressive bro!!

The program is about 10 weeks (week 8 and 9 you can take off or deload)

• Like 2

Jorg,

The program is about 10 weeks (week 8 and 9 you can take off or deload)

I did the 7 weeks of work and took only week 8 off for deload. The program is very simple. Sometimes i thought i am not doing enough work or should have gone heavier. Some days were very easy. That is probably what makes the program so efective.

• Like 1

Great improvement, Jörg!! Keep going! :mosher :mosher :mosher

Thank you Burkhard! I am very satisfied with my achievement. It was my first real cycle with the Rolling Tunder or any thick bar training. There is probably much room for improvement. I am not shure what i will do next. Another Rolling Thunde cycle, grippers or a balanced ( grippers, pinch, thick bar ) training.

Rolling Tunder

right hand

up to 1 x 80

left hand

up to 1 x 78,75

2-Hand Pinch

up to 1 x 55

That's nice, Jörg!!!! Keep the right direction!

Thank you Yüri!

Glad my program has improved your numbers. Keep up the great work!

Thank you John! Your program worked very well. Sometimes i was a litle sceptical because i thought i was not working hard enough or doing not enough work. I can only recomand your book on GSD to everybody. http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Strength-Dynamics-Achieving-Performance/dp/1515114953/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447131978&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+strength+dynamics&pebp=1447131982981&perid=0A5GTFQKM0ZRAVMCN7FA

Try pushing your fingers towards your knees. Instead of focusing on squeezing. And try to be really tight, like with a deadlift...

Do it do it! :grin:

I remember Chris Rice mentioning that you not need to push with the flat thumb against the surface, but more to the side of the thumb, with the thumb a bit curled. Hope you get the idea. Also, I read you need to imagine that you are not only lifting the weight, but also that you try to pull the plate apart while lifting, both hands to the outer sides. Technique makes a whole lot of difference. You're a big guy, I lifted 87kg first try on my Europinch, you can outlift me Jörg! Do it. Do it. Now. Do it.

Trying to bend the euro device, like bend it around your thumbs, like Slim bends nails made a huge difference for me. And by applying pressure that what you automatically end up in the hand position Chris Rice talks about, and you have created tons of tension.

I picked that up from Daniel Reinard.

• Like 1

Try pushing your fingers towards your knees. Instead of focusing on squeezing. And try to be really tight, like with a deadlift...

I remember Chris Rice mentioning that you not need to push with the flat thumb against the surface, but more to the side of the thumb, with the thumb a bit curled. Hope you get the idea. Also, I read you need to imagine that you are not only lifting the weight, but also that you try to pull the plate apart while lifting, both hands to the outer sides. Technique makes a whole lot of difference. You're a big guy, I lifted 87kg first try on my Europinch, you can outlift me Jörg! Do it. Do it. Now. Do it.

Trying to bend the euro device, like bend it around your thumbs, like Slim bends nails made a huge difference for me. And by applying pressure that what you automatically end up in the hand position Chris Rice talks about, and you have created tons of tension.

Thank you for your advice. I just have to get my pinching strength much higher. It is a shame. I can't even lift 10 KG ( plate weight ) on the hub for example. This will be changed!!!

Thank you for your advice. I just have to get my pinching strength much higher. It is a shame. I can't even lift 10 KG ( plate weight ) on the hub for example. This will be changed!!!

I have a 5kg plate that nobody in the world will ever hub pinch! Perhaps Your hub on the plate is not made for hubbing! :)

It is the Iron Mind Hub. The new textured one.

I've heard that it is not as slick as the old one. I sold my old one because it was too slick to do reproductive lifts with it - simply too much hit and miss stuff! Try to get good plates - much more fun!

We. 11.11.2015

Bench Press

worked up to 1 x 95

2-Hand Pinch ( Stronger Grip ) 3,8 cm

worked up to 1 x 50 KG ( just the plates )

Loadable Blob ( Stronger Grip )

both hands

worked up to 1 x 11,5 KG

Way to get your PINCH on, tough guy! WOOOH!!!

Fr. 13.11.15

Grippers: worked up to 1 x 103 # 2

Trap Bar Deadlift ( high position ): worked up to 1 x 200

Wrist Roller 3 x 10 ( both directions )

Mo. 16.11.2015

Rolling Thunder

10 sets x 1 x 48 KG

2-Hand Pinch

10 sets x 1 x 33 KG