237x10

Curl Bar

87x20

Neck Curls

50x30

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 6:08 AM, EricMilfeld said:

Deadlift 468x6

I had to cut short my deadlifts due to some nagging sciatica pain I've been experiencing the last few weeks. 

Pull Ups

60x2x5

That's what killed my power lifting career. I used to do wide stance squats IPF style and eventually my SI-joints gave up. These days I keep it under control by going to my local chiro once every three weeks.

7 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

That's what killed my power lifting career. I used to do wide stance squats IPF style and eventually my SI-joints gave up. These days I keep it under control by going to my local chiro once every three weeks.

I wish my insurance would pay for even part of chiropractic care. It's rare that I suffer it to the point of having to cut back on my lifting, but usually  it's a result of something I did within two days after lifting (sex is a culprit).

• Like 2

Push Press

172x6

• Like 2

Squat

412x5

341x8

Bench

261x7

237x5 (3 second pause)

Curl Bar

127x8

• Like 2

Close Grip Bench

248x3

On April 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM, MattM said:

Push press makes a comeback!  Nice work all around here man

Thanks, Matt!  Yeah, my shoulder is feeling decent. I still can't properly rack it, so I just start from a "suspended animation" position. Hey, have ever heard of this: push presses are hurting my knees? It must have something to do with the sudden flexion, followed by relaxation as I drive up the weight and end on my toes. My knees just don't feel girded like they do in a slow and steady squat, for example. 

Deadlift

529x3

406x8

Strict Rows

227x8

• Like 1

On April 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM, EricMilfeld said:

Thanks, Matt!  Yeah, my shoulder is feeling decent. I still can't properly rack it, so I just start from a "suspended animation" position. Hey, have ever heard of this: push presses are hurting my knees? It must have something to do with the sudden flexion, followed by relaxation as I drive up the weight and end on my toes. My knees just don't feel girded like they do in a slow and steady squat, for example. 

Deadlift

529x3

406x8

Strict Rows

227x8

I have had push presses bother my knees, I had to start doing my squat workout warmup before push pressing and wear knee sleeves during the lift and the pain went away!  I think part of the problem is the lack of general hip action in a push press and we become unaccustomed to sudden knee flexion like you said.  And jerry pritchett basically has the weight floating 6 inches off his chest before log and he is still a top class, I wouldn't worry too much !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattM said:

I have had push presses bother my knees, I had to start doing my squat workout warmup before push pressing and wear knee sleeves during the lift and the pain went away!  I think part of the problem is the lack of general hip action in a push press and we become unaccustomed to sudden knee flexion like you said.  And jerry pritchett basically has the weight floating 6 inches off his chest before log and he is still a top class, I wouldn't worry too much !

Thank you. I will try the sleeves and a more thorough leg warmup. 

Squat

433x3

362x6

Bench

270x5 ( missed the 6th)

242x9

Curl Bar

106x15

Strict Press

168x3

• Like 1

Strict Rows

232x8

Shrugs

476x10

• Like 2

Squat

441x3

370x6

Bench

274x5

248x7

Curl Bar

127x8

Close Grip Bench

220x8

• Like 1

Deadlift

550x2

447x6

Strict Barbell Rows

242x6

• Like 1

Squat

446x3

380x6

Bench

285x3

248x3 (3 second pauses)

Curl Bar

137x5

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!  Those long pauses are a nice change of pace, but I wouldn't want to do too much of them; they're hard on the pecs. 

Dumbbell Press

Right 75x7

Left 75x6

• Like 1

Strict Barbell Rows

248x2x6

Shrugs

497x8

• Like 1

Squat

462x2

401x2x4

Bench

292x2

258x2x5

Curl Bar

137x5

• Like 2

Hi Eric,

Still making great progress I see (jealous yes). Since you're just posting your max sets I was wondering how do typically you work up to a 2x292 bench or a 2x462 squat for example?

On May 14, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Royz said:

Hi Eric,

Still making great progress I see (jealous yes). Since you're just posting your max sets I was wondering how do typically you work up to a 2x292 bench or a 2x462 squat for example?

Thank you, Royz!

On the bench I hit 135x7, 185x5, 235x2. Squat was 135x7, 225x5, 315x2, 385x1. 

Deadlift

I was too overtrained to make my

561x2, so I dropped down:

426x4x5

Barbell Strict Rows

245x2x7

I will be going for more volume and less intensity from now on, for the most part. 

• Like 1

Squat

380x4x5

Bench

301x2 Yay!

258x2x5

Curl Bar

130x2x7

• Like 2