452x8

385x8 (no belt)

Shrugs

452x12

Pull Ups

55x2x4

• Like 1

Nice reps!

Do you get much out of a belt on pulls? I can never get it to work right so I never bother. 

• Like 1

On March 16, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Shoggoth said:

Nice reps!

Do you get much out of a belt on pulls? I can never get it to work right so I never bother. 

I guess I do. From day one it gave me about 30 pounds on both squats and deadlifts.  And thanks!

Squats

390x2x6

Bench

272x5

227x5 (3 second pauses)

Curl Bar

127x8

Push Press

178x3

Strict Press

141x8

4 hours ago, MattM said:

That's the first time I've seen push pressing in this log I believe!  Awesome!

Sharp eye. Yes, I'd like to keep training them and get a little better. A 225 push press seems almost out of reach, so thats my goal. I'd be as proud of that as any other lift I've managed. 

• Like 1

I'm rethinking training push presses. Like front squats, my anatomy seems to prevent me from performing them like  anything resembling correct. I've always sort of known this, but after reading several articles on the subject today, I'm not willing to assume the risk of injury any longer. I think further mobility training would only take me so far. One of several issues is I can't even rack the bar. For it to rest on my shoulders requires a painful degree of wrist extension, and that's with the bar barely contacting my fingertips. Long forearms and very stubborn flexibility issues are making proper execution impossible. I do stretch consistently. I'm not too heartbroken, as I'll continue with the strict presses, shooting for a goal of 200. But I still need to continue addressing my poor shoulder mobility. 

• Like 2

Deadlift 468x6

I had to cut short my deadlifts due to some nagging sciatica pain I've been experiencing the last few weeks. 

Pull Ups

60x2x5

My shoulder mobility is very poor. I've tried a couple of systems so far almost daily for maybe 4 weeks now and it doesn't really seem to be improving. Painful both emotionally and physically. 

• Like 1

Sorry you have to put up with it as well, Jason. Ironically, my nagging left shoulder injury I sustained a few years ago was the result of stretching to prevent shoulder injuries!

This is such a brutal log man.

9 hours ago, Justin Matney said:

This is such a brutal log man.

Thanks for stopping by, Justin. I'm afraid I'm a little too brutal on myself every once in a while. I'm now considering pulling every two weeks, like I've done in the past. The way I squat turns the lift into a deadlift workout anyways. 

Belt Squats (to help recover from the sciatica)

245x2x5

245x6

Bench 

280x4

232x5 (3 second pauses)

Curl Bar

127x8

Hit some revolving handle. 

• Like 1

Axle Press

177x1

Close Grip Bench

235x5

Dumbbell Rows

215x2x5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Dumbbell Rows

215x2x5

Wow man, Whats the body weight These days.      

On March 30, 2016 at 11:30 PM, rico300zx said:

Wow man, Whats the body weight These days.      

About the same as the rows! lol. Thanks!

Squat

396x5

340x8

Bench

287x2

237x5 (3 second pauses)

Curl Bar

127x8

• Like 3

Close Grip Bench

217x8

• Like 1

Deadlift

491x5

406x8

Mega Ultra Strict Rows

207x11

• Like 1

I've been really liking the strict barbell rows. Really hit the back muscles. 

• Like 1

hey man do you keep the rows closer to your stomach or higher up by your armpit, I know it's heavy weight but I'm just wondering what you're tempting to do I'm usually lower it's a little better for me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Deadlift

491x5

406x8

Mega Ultra Strict Rows

207x11

Nice work all around!  Good for you getting all fancy and strict!  My definition of a strict row is when I cheat and nobody catches me ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattM said:

Nice work all around!  Good for you getting all fancy and strict!  My definition of a strict row is when I cheat and nobody catches me ;)

Your definition is sound, and I might still prescribe to it, but I'm trying to baby my poor aching lower back. And thanks, Matt!

5 hours ago, rico300zx said:

hey man do you keep the rows closer to your stomach or higher up by your armpit, I know it's heavy weight but I'm just wondering what you're tempting to do I'm usually lower it's a little better for me

I've always pulled straight up into my stomach on all rowing exercises. It feels natural. 

• Like 1