Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Those look sharp, Aaron!!!

You might have mentioned this before, but what is the round one for?

It is a Best New Gripster award.

- Aaron

Well I've got my lifts picked now so I guess it's up to me to hit the buggers! :grin:

Can't wait to meet everyone

Well I am staying at the Double Tree Hilton Friday and Sat night with my family. Are there any after comp plans? I really like that Lindys burger place but am open to any ideas. :rock

Man Sundays drive back to Flagstaff will be hell. We are supposed to get a big storm. I don’t mind driving in snow at all but DPS shuts down the highways at the first sing of snow. They used to let people travel with 4x4 or chains. Now they just go overboard.

Def gotta get grub afterwards. And I hear Zach brewed us a comp beer. It's highly recommended to drink 5 before comp start time :D

There was also some mention of steak way earlier in the thread, but I don't know anything beyond that.

I find just one beer helps my hands hurt a lot less, and improves my grip performance a bit. I don't train that way though.

Working the grave shift, will get ~1.5 hours sleep before I head to the airport. Ugh. That's why I head out a day early, to sleep it off. Pretty darn stoked to tear it up with y'all Saturday!

I'm jazzed to meet all you guys and smash some stuff!

There was also some mention of steak way earlier in the thread, but I don't know anything beyond that.

I find just one beer helps my hands hurt a lot less, and improves my grip performance a bit. I don't train that way though.

The steak offer was for anyone staying at my place Friday or Saturday night, which so far is no one. I'd offer to have everyone over to my house after the comp, but it's a good 50 minute drive from the gym so it probably would be better for everyone to meet somewhere more central for post-comp chow.

Actually, that brings up a good point - is somebody going to be doing vid? I was thinking it was more an each bring our own camera kind of thing, but I haven't been to this before.

Good Luck guys. Really looking forward to the results and please post some video.

I would like to do a night before the comp meal. A nice steak would be perfect.

We will likely get something setup tomorrow.

• Like 1

That would be great! I'm going to be short a lot of calories after sitting in a plane for that long :D

I'd be down for that.

Guys, the beer is ready, and in my estimation, very good. Just for those that don't already know this, but I don't brew Bud, Miller, or Coors type beers. I brew real beer. :grin: I have a Scottish Ale that has some smokey peatiness to it. Real nice, mellow, and at 6.5% abv, pretty easy to drink. Of course ya have to be 21 to participate so that prolly rules Derek out! :tongue

Oh, and I'll have my Flip Cam too!

Edited by Zac2112

BTW, if ya'll are serious about gettin' a steak, we could hit up Pinnacle Peak. Traildust Town is cool for anyone that has kids, and it can accomodate large groups fairly easy. Steaks ain't too shabby either.

BTW, if ya'll are serious about gettin' a steak, we could hit up Pinnacle Peak. Traildust Town is cool for anyone that has kids, and it can accomodate large groups fairly easy. Steaks ain't too shabby either.

Sounds good to me.

I'm fine with anything you guys want to do. I won't have the kids along this time, but I'm very happy to go to a family friendly place for those who may have kids in tow.

Zach - that sounds like some fine homebrew you have going there.

Sounds good to me.

Ill be there.

I'm fine with anything you guys want to do. I won't have the kids along this time, but I'm very happy to go to a family friendly place for those who may have kids in tow.

Zach - that sounds like some fine homebrew you have going there.

I think it is Martin! And by the way, Pinnacle Peak has drink and various libations in case one was so inclined to partake in such a thing.

Sounds good to me.

Ill be there.

So let me get this right... is this for the night before the comp on Friday, or after the comp on Saturday?

I thought it was friday. I dont know what is going on sat night.

I think tomorrow night. I'll buy you folks a bunch of shots. Me, I'll have a coffee :D Maybe a scotch

(null)

I think y'all need to stay up late Friday drinking Zach's bad*** brews, and doing grip feats of strength until the wee hours of the night. :D

• Like 1

I think y'all need to stay up late Friday drinking Zach's bad*** brews, and doing grip feats of strength until the wee hours of the night. :D

Yeah, we know you think that...., we know... lol

Yeah, we know you think that...., we know... lol

LOL