Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Hopefully the shirts will look something like this. I changed the background color in paint to the Red to match the shirts we went with. Will have this on the back and a small copy of it on the left front.

- Aaron

That looks awesome! I'll snag an extra shirt too if their are any.

That's what I was getting at with "how much?". If there are leftovers, you could sell them to us rather than get burned on overstock.

Hopefully the shirts will look something like this. I changed the background color in paint to the Red to match the shirts we went with. Will have this on the back and a small copy of it on the left front.

- Aaron

That looks awesome! I'll snag an extra shirt too if their are any.

That's what I was getting at with "how much?". If there are leftovers, you could sell them to us rather than get burned on overstock.

I can do that. The guys competing will get first dibs and if I have any extra's left over I will post that. I will sell them at cost (which is different depending on the size) plus shipping if need be.

Thanks,

Aaron

Really cool prizes man. I'm very excited about competing with you guys.

Getting pretty pumped. I was dreaming of the flight last night. My grip is weakening nicely for some super compensation for next week as well. I've got my fingers crossed that it works lol! :laugh

Dude i'm super stoked too! I can't wait to try the 2HP and witness the mods!

I'm in the garage now getting in a last training session in prep. Even broke out the competition apparel Tucson style, shorts and sandals. :D

• Like 1

Don't forget point calibration AT weightclass boundaries Aaron (assuming you are not using a certified scale for the weigh-in). Good luck with the competition.

Dude i'm super stoked too! I can't wait to try the 2HP and witness the mods!

I'm in the garage now getting in a last training session in prep. Even broke out the competition apparel Tucson style, shorts and sandals. :D

I'll send you some pics of the mods.

- Aaron

Don't forget point calibration AT weightclass boundaries Aaron (assuming you are not using a certified scale for the weigh-in). Good luck with the competition.

Very much on my mind thank you. I will be buying a scale next week and doing this.

- Aaron

Tim and I did a Push / Pull meet at the venue yesterday and I found that they have a aquired a certified physicians scale that has been recently certified for meets. So we will be using that for weigh-ins.

Just got word that Dr. Strossen will be sending out an new Ironmind Rolling Thunder. With this we will have an Ironmind Crushed to Dust challenge within the Medley as well as the opportunity for competitors to do the Crushed to Dust challenge before or after the comp. After we are done the New Rolling Thunder will be given away as a prize to one lucky competitor!

- Aaron

This is awesome news!!! Thanks to Randy and IM!!!

Aaron - how does the RT compare to the inch db? I can lift a 150# 2" handle db, but your inch stopped me cold. I'm pretty sure I can do the first 2 of the 3 of the C2D. The RT will be the wildcard!

How much earlier should we show up to try the challenge?

I've been reading more on the RT - I don't think I'll be able to do anywhere's close to 200, but what the heck, it's worth a shot.

Yeah the RT is much harder than a 2" db handle. Save your energy for the main events bro. The C2D will be in the medley anyways and after if you want to try it again.

I've been reading more on the RT - I don't think I'll be able to do anywhere's close to 200, but what the heck, it's worth a shot.

Yeah the RT is much harder than a 2" db handle. Save your energy for the main events bro. The C2D will be in the medley anyways and after if you want to try it again.

No way!! I think you guys should try the RT as many times as possible when fresh prior to the comp. Start pyramiding up with a base of 20 rep sets at 125.

You got it bro! :rock

:whistel

Jason - I'm going to be competing in the Novice category, so I don't think you have anything to worry about :).

I've got just about all of the trophies welded up as of last night. I still need to weld the top and bottom sections on 4 more then clean them all up and get them painted. Engraved labels should be ready in a couple days.

Here are the first 3 ready for paint. Let me know what you guys think.

AZ Cactus Grip 2012 Trophies

- Aaron

Very cool. What is the base made from?

Its all steel. Base is 3 different parts welded together. 2" tubing, 3" round ring, and tapered end cap for the top.

- Aaron

VERY VERY cool trophies and unique. Excellent work Aaron!

I'm also excited about the 2HP mods.

That is too cool man! I'll be fighting for one for sure!

Thanks!

Very cool. What is the base made from?

Thanks Rich!

VERY VERY cool trophies and unique. Excellent work Aaron!

I'm also excited about the 2HP mods.

Thank you! I will try to get a video of the new mod soon. I have one spacer left to finish cut but that shouldnt stop an explanatory video.

- Aaron

Amazing work!!!!! Can't wait till Saturday.

If I do win a trophy, the only downside is people will ask me if I can bend a horse shoe. :)

Amazing work!!!!! Can't wait till Saturday.

If I do win a trophy, the only downside is people will ask me if I can bend a horse shoe. :)

What better way to learn than at the comp. ;) bring a St. Croix Forge Ultra Light 2 and wraps if you have them. There is a good ferrier shop in Tempe.

Aaron, way cool you and Tim did the push/pull. Hopefully some come back to your comp.

I finished welding up the trophies at lunch and Zac came over and helped with prepping for paint. The usual wire brushing, cleanup, and degreasing. Will try to start painting tonight if I can. Shirts are supposed to be ready today too.

- Aaron

Current forecast is 79deg on Saturday. Gotta love March in the desert.

- Aaron