Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Thanks Joe! It was my first grip comp and it was a blast!

Martin looks just like his avatar BTW so i was not surprised by his great performance.

It was great to meet everyone and special thanks to Jason for making the long trip.

I am sore as heck but in a great mood. Had Lots of fun! I am most happy about getting another high lift on a blob and a bit (5") of air on my fatman.

Martin looks just like his avatar BTW so i was not surprised by his great performance. It was great to meet everyone and special thanks to Jason for making the long trip. I am sore as heck but in a great mood. Had Lots of fun! I am most happy about getting another high lift on a blob and a bit (5") of air on my fatman.

You're not the first to mention that, but the resemblence is only from the neck up :) .

Rich - it's good to see you made it home okay in all the snow up there! It was great to meet you in person.

LOL, yup, that's definitely Martin's mug. Martin won the best Novice award too. He was a big surprise, and perhaps surprised himself.

One could tell Aaron put a TON of work into this contest. Awesome shirts, sick trophies, amazing prizes, pimp 2HP, and a wicked medley. The atmosphere was super fun and the competition was stiff. I could go on and on about the comp but I'll simply state for now that Aaron put on one hell of a competition for us. The sponsors, judges, scorekeepers and anyone else involved with helping out, oh Aaron's wife for snacks, all these people helped make it such a great venue. I'd love to come back and do it again. Travelling sucks, which is why I'll keep it short (need sleep), but this is worth every bit of it. Thank you all who had a hand in this, and the biggest thanks go to Aaron.

Martin looks just like his avatar BTW so i was not surprised by his great performance.

It was great to meet everyone and special thanks to Jason for making the long trip.

I am sore as heck but in a great mood. Had Lots of fun! I am most happy about getting another high lift on a blob and a bit (5") of air on my fatman.

To get air with the fatman is wicked Rich. it will come up very soon. And that is a VERY short list to be on. Was great meeting you again. I enjoy competing with you.

And was great meeting Jason finally. Also some new faces. Supperb crowd all around.

Congrats to all the competitors!

LOL, yup, that's definitely Martin's mug. Martin won the best Novice award too. He was a big surprise, and perhaps surprised himself.

One could tell Aaron put a TON of work into this contest. Awesome shirts, sick trophies, amazing prizes, pimp 2HP, and a wicked medley. The atmosphere was super fun and the competition was stiff. I could go on and on about the comp but I'll simply state for now that Aaron put on one hell of a competition for us. The sponsors, judges, scorekeepers and anyone else involved with helping out, oh Aaron's wife for snacks, all these people helped make it such a great venue. I'd love to come back and do it again. Travelling sucks, which is why I'll keep it short (need sleep), but this is worth every bit of it. Thank you all who had a hand in this, and the biggest thanks go to Aaron.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Seriously though, competition was awesome. Good to go for Martin. Watch that guy! Had a great time with all involved. Let's do it again!

Congrats guys. Did Tim compete? I didn't see his name listed in the standings.

Chez - Tim came down with a horrible stomach flu the night before. I will spare people the details, but he assured us he was in no condition to compete. He did manage to stop by for a few minutes in the morning to say "hi". Some were speculating Aaron unleashed some sort of engineered virus so he could win the Elite class, but it was really just nature making her rounds. I had a stomach bug earlier in the week, but it was nothing like what Tim reported.

The banter between Derek and Daniel was very entertaining! Those guys were really driving hard for 1st and putting up some great scores.

Thanks to Aaron and everyone involved! It was awesome to meet and compete with all you guys. I had a blast but now I can barely close my hands!! Most fun I've had in a while! Let's do it again!

• Like 1

The banter between Derek and Daniel was very entertaining! Those guys were really driving hard for 1st and putting up some great scores.

Lol! Derek and I do a fair amount of trash talking, yet when it's time for the other guy to lift we cheer them on. Ultimately we want them to do their best while we have the best of times competing for bragging rights. I was forced to play a smart game if I wanted 1st place, otherwise if there was wiggle room I would have made bigger 4th attempt jumps on the axle and vbar, much like the 2HP.

Lol! Derek and I do a fair amount of trash talking, yet when it's time for the other guy to lift we cheer them on. Ultimately we want them to do their best while we have the best of times competing for bragging rights. I was forced to play a smart game if I wanted 1st place, otherwise if there was wiggle room I would have made bigger 4th attempt jumps on the axle and vbar, much like the 2HP.

oh yes ... I know the Derek trash talk all too well ... I wish I coulda been there to partake in the smack

• Like 1

Congrats to all the competitors! As always, I look forward to seeing the individual results.

Sorry for the delay everyone. I will get the results up today. I got Jason on the plane this morning and it was very good visiting with him yesterday. Not a single weight was touched on Sunday!

- Aaron

• Like 1

Hey, I still remember my log on and password!! SCORE!!!

Aaron put on one hell of a comp, as always! Thank you sir!!

My hands and fore arms still hurt more than I am willing to admit.

It was great to meet everyone and I cant wait till the next one. Gotta take a serious run at Elite status...

-Brandon

• Like 3

Just got into Flagstaff this morning. It took about 2 hours to clear my driveway because we got about about two feet of snow. Just what I wanted to do today.

That is a great photo Jason, thanks for posting it! I have to sit down and watch some of the videos. If anyone wants a copy of my videos just PM me your address. Ill mail you a DVD.

• Like 1

That sucks about the snow Rich! Glad you made it safely home.

I think it's one of Dave's pics. Good idea taking it before the comp while we were all able to stand erect and smile.

(null)

• Like 1

Folks should also know that Isaiah did some great bending in the medley and afterwards. The red nail should be worried!

Folks should also know that Isaiah did some great bending in the medley and afterwards. The red nail should be worried!

Yeah, I think I saw him put a G5 to shame once or twice! Really good stuff there Isaiah!

Thanks guys! Can't wait to fully recover and take on some stock! This 70 penny I copped from Aaron looks pretty tough and I'm waiting on some stock from FBBC. Martin you surprised the heck out of everyone, and Zach that beer was delicious!