Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Do any of you guys have some of the lighter grippers you can bring? For Novice class and women's class if any women actually decide to do it. Sport, Guide, #0.5, #1.5, light sporting good store jobber? I have a Trainer, #1, #2, and adjustable BBSM we can set between #2 and #2.5 level. My Easy #3 is around #2.8 level. Everything else I have is pretty much #3 and up so if you guys wanna bring grippers to fill in gaps that would be great.

- Aaron

aaron, I have a T and 1, I think 80 and 88#. Just basic CoC grippers up to a 152 #3, then 164 BBE, 175 3.5, 184 RB330, 192 BBSE.

Martin, you'll get that 2.5 brotha. Resting up prior to the contest then some caffiene and adrenaline will seal the deal. Start thinking about that BBGM for the 4th attempt. ;)

Do any of you guys have some of the lighter grippers you can bring? For Novice class and women's class if any women actually decide to do it. Sport, Guide, #0.5, #1.5, light sporting good store jobber? I have a Trainer, #1, #2, and adjustable BBSM we can set between #2 and #2.5 level. My Easy #3 is around #2.8 level. Everything else I have is pretty much #3 and up so if you guys wanna bring grippers to fill in gaps that would be great.

- Aaron

I have some light ones. What are some of your gaps? I can bring down a bunch for the comp.

Thanks, I responded over there as well. Shirts are ordered. Went with a Red 100% cotton shirt. 25 total so if there are any extra's at the comp they will be available for purchase at cost. Last of the parts for the trophies came in yesterday and I managed to get by the welding store and pick up some more anti-spatter spray at lunch yesterday. So these will be getting fabbed up this week. Work on the new spacers for the 2HP is progressing and most are roughed out now with a couple finished.

- Aaron

How come when I head down to the States for a comp. it's always looking like this here? :D

428337_263325683746575_100002074373684_625684_48647273_n.jpg

Edited by Shoggoth

Supposed to be 82deg here today. I believe it was 88deg yesterday :) Looks to be in the mid to upper 70's for the most part between now and end of next week. Try not to bring that snow with you and you should prolly bring some summer clothes. :D

- Aaron

Supposed to be 82deg here today. I believe it was 88deg yesterday :) Looks to be in the mid to upper 70's for the most part between now and end of next week. Try not to bring that snow with you and you should prolly bring some summer clothes. :D

- Aaron

:blink I'll need some A/C lol! I plan on wearing shorts and a tee from Friday right on through to Monday. Supposed to be warming back up here again too. There was another 8" of snow that came after that pick last night.

Dang Jason, you guys are hoggin all the snow. We only got 30% normal in Lake Tahoe. It'll quite the shock to the system to go from that snow to 80s.

Aaron, those trophies sound quite interesting. :)

Edited by daniel reinard

If the registration stays at 9, does that mean everybody gets a trophy?

It's not to cold here. Maybe -15'C. This dump came out of the blue. Most of the snow was already gone when this came. Another day or two it'll be around +10'C again and very sloppy.

(null)

If the registration stays at 9, does that mean everybody gets a trophy?

Trophies will be for top 3 in each class. top 3 for elite, top 3 for open, Top 3 for Novice and Ladies. If we don't have enough to get at least 3 competitors per class then it just sucks for me having spent the money on trophies, shirts, etc. Any extra trophies will likely get taken out to the desert and shot to put them out of their misery of being unwanted. Which would be a damn shame.

- Aaron

I will definitely purchase extra shirts from you, so I hope the extra ones are 2XL :)

I will definitely purchase extra shirts from you, so I hope the extra ones are 2XL :)

Cool, cause registrations so far don't even come close to even covering just the shirts much less anything else.

- Aaron

AZCGS 2012

Hopefully the shirts will look something like this. I changed the background color in paint to the Red to match the shirts we went with. Will have this on the back and a small copy of it on the left front.

- Aaron

That looks great Aaron!

Hans sent the comp info to his friends in Tucson. Maybe some climbers will show.

That looks great Aaron!

Hans sent the comp info to his friends in Tucson. Maybe some climbers will show.

Awesome! You can thank Tim for getting the design done. I agree though it looks really great!

Wicked shirts. How much?

Sorry, how much what? They will be given to competitors at the comp just for doing the comp.

- Aaron

Hopefully the shirts will look something like this. I changed the background color in paint to the Red to match the shirts we went with. Will have this on the back and a small copy of it on the left front.

- Aaron

That looks awesome! I'll snag an extra shirt too if their are any.

That's a fine lookin' shirt.

They look great! and they are workplace appropriate too!

I wanted to mention sponsors updates as I have not done this in awhile.

Current sponsors

Ironmind - prizes

Jason Steeves - monetary donation

Andy Thomas - Bent Shoes for the trophies

Rich MacLean - Blob like implement prize, Best lift on it gets it.

Mike Krahling - Benders Battlefield Wraps for Medley bends and 2 sets for prizes

Chris Rice - Prize to be sent to recipient.

Tim Struse - T-shirt Design

Diesel Crew - prizes

Me - Custom steel metal sculpture trophies, and 5 grippers for top 5 overall (I may or may not have time to do the mods I want to do on them before the comp but they are ordered either way)

A great big thank you to all of the people who have helped with sponsorship!

Edited by acorn

I wanted to mention sponsors updates as I have not done this in awhile. Current sponsors Ironmind - prizes Jason Steeves - monetary donation Andy Thomas - Bent Shoes for the trophies Rich MacLean - Blob like implement prize, Best lift on it gets it. Mike Krahling - Benders Battlefield Wraps for Medley bends and 2 sets for prizes Chris Rice - Prize to be sent to recipient. Tim Struse - T-shirt Design Diesel Crew - prizes Me - Custom steel metal sculpture trophies, and 5 grippers for top 5 overall (I may or may not have time to do the mods I want to do on them before the comp but they are ordered either way) A great big thank you to all of the people who have helped with sponsorship!

Many thanks to you Aaron for coordinating all this, promoting, making the trophies, holding the training sessions at your house! That's quite a lot of work!

Thanks!

Its the major mod of the 2HP right now thats eating up most of my time. I can't wait to show it off. I'm at close to 20hrs just on that but it is nearing completion.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn