Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Okay, I got confused. I thought you were talking about after the comp. Isaiah and I are driving down first thing Saturday morning. So if anybody wants to hit an eatery or something afterwards, I'm certainly game.

Okay, I got confused. I thought you were talking about after the comp. Isaiah and I are driving down first thing Saturday morning. So if anybody wants to hit an eatery or something afterwards, I'm certainly game.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to clarify the plans. Cool. I'm sure we will gather after the comp to pig out somewhere.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to clarify the plans. Cool. I'm sure we will gather after the comp to pig out somewhere.

Lindys? I want my name on the wall.

Lindys? I want my name on the wall.

3 lbs of meat in an OMFG burger??? You put that down the hatch, and I'll put your name on my wall too.

https://www.lo4th.com/about/hooligan-o-m-f-g/

I honestly think that burger was possible last Oct. I did the triple and it went down in 5 minutes. Ate a basket of onion rings and Megans's basket of fries, with a couple beers and water was still eating. Then again I was worried about weigh-ins then.

LMAO!

OMFG rules:

If you finish it in 30 minutes or less, you have won your claim to fame. Finish it in 20 minutes or less, it’s on the house! GOOD LUCK! (you’ll need it)! FINISHING= You have not only consumed the entire monster of a burger, you have cleared the basket. You keep it down. Doesn’t count if you throw it up. If you can’t keep it down inside, you clean it up with the shirt on your back. No chipmunk-ing. Doesn’t count if it’s still in your cheeks.

Edited by daniel reinard

Russ, glad you're coming out!

That's it. I am on the first planee out in the morning.

• Like 1

I think y'all need to stay up late Friday drinking Zach's bad*** brews, and doing grip feats of strength until the wee hours of the night. :D

Sounds familiar ... that's what Aaron and I have done before each contest the 3 times I've been out .... feats of strength and drinking .... great combination the night before a comp :rolleyes

I had a blast though ... can't beat Aaron's comps ... don't miss it

Edited by Paul Knight

Here's what you guys need to be practicing tonight. It will be in the medley tomorrow:

• Like 1

Here's what you guys need to be practicing tonight. It will be in the medley tomorrow:

That is a Turkish get up with a beer. That's talent.

That's the kind of lady you don't kick out of bed for eating crackers - for a plethora of reasons. ;)

I think y'all need to stay up late Friday drinking Zach's bad*** brews, and doing grip feats of strength until the wee hours of the night. :D

Sounds familiar ... that's what Aaron and I have done before each contest the 3 times I've been out .... feats of strength and drinking .... great combination the night before a comp :rolleyes

I had a blast though ... can't beat Aaron's comps ... don't miss it

Haha, I remember Tim telling me stories of that the night before last years nationals. I think he was trying to talk me into a few beers and feats.

Got the car loaded. I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Hey Aaron - Crossfit Works says their address is

244 S. Tucson Blvd. Your website has 204 S. Tucson Blvd. I'm assuming the 244 is the correct one. Shouldn't be too hard to find either way.

Hey Aaron - Crossfit Works says their address is

244 S. Tucson Blvd. Your website has 204 S. Tucson Blvd. I'm assuming the 244 is the correct one. Shouldn't be too hard to find either way.

They just moved last week into a different part of the center they are in. 244 is correct and it will be the gym with the big gym sign on the front.

Today is the day boys. Ya'll ready? Let's get to grippin'! :rock

Will there be a live stream of the event by chance?

There would be if you came and brought your computer Jedd :D

I brought my camera down so we should be able to record the whole event (as long as we remember to do it). I probably won't edit or upload any of it until next week though.

(null)

Contest is Done!

Quick placing update with more detailed tomorrow as I am beat. Good time was had by all!

Elite Div.

1st Aaron Corcorran

Open Div.

1st Daniel Reinard

2nd Derek Graybill

3rd Brandon Azevedo

4th Zach Lister

5th Rich MacLean

6th Russ Farver

7th Jason Steeves

8th Ian Gillaspie

9th Steve Callahan

Novice Div.

1st Martin Braun

2nd Isaiah Hubert

3rd Rob Bleakmore

• Like 1

Many, many thanks to Aaron for putting on one hell of a competition. The amount of work he put into making today happen was truly astonishing!!!!

Thanks also to Crossfit Works, and to all the sponsors! There was some amazing SWAG!!!

It was a true pleasure to get to meet everybody today, along with their friends and family members.

Can't wait to hear the accounts. Looks like there were a lot of big names and up-and-comers at thsi contest.

CONGRATS to All! :) :) :)

Way to go on your 1st place in Novice Martin!!! :rock