The Gripmas Carol 2011

climber511

Only time will tell how it transfers to the sledges but that looks wicked hard and painful!!! Even kinking that thing DU is crazy!

Edited by climber511

Only time will tell how it transfers to the sledges but that looks wicked hard and painful!!! Even kinking that thing DU is crazy!

Thanks Chris. I can't imagine the sledges will hurt more than these iso hits, but I've been wrong before. :blush

Mike,

I would work some dead stop stuff in and get a feel. This is the worst pain I have ever felt training for a contest (not counting injuries). My wrists have felt pretty healthy except when doing this event.

The pain I feel on this far out-weighs what I would ever feel doing wrist roller sled drag.

Can't imagine it's worse than the pain I felt hitting that 5/16 "-1 drill rod over and over DU, but I'll have to take your word as I have no way to train it other than DU and reverse bending. :)

It isn't even wrist pain, it's something in my thumb. Weird.

who does the counting on the hammers?

The judge (Doc) will do the counting.

2011 Gripmas Medley

2 3/8” Long Bar lift -

Wrist Roller lift -

The Gracie Dumbbell (2 3/8" handle) - weight is 146#

1.9” Handle Dumbbell -

3” Handle Dumbbell -

Rolling thunder -

Napalms Nighmare

Tips Tester

Inch Replica Dumbbell – weight 172#

Double Inch Replica Dumbbell –

Two hand pinch at 2” -

35# York Blob

40# York Blob

45# York Blob

Blob 50 or 50# York Blob

Monster Blob (58# I think)

5 - 10s on pipe

3 – 25# Standard Plates on a bar with plates

Pinch Two Wide 35# plates

Pinch Lift 2 Narrow 45s

Pinch Lift 2 Wide 45s

3/8” Two Hand Thin Pinch -

¼” Key Pinch on 1/4" plate –

12# Slim Sledge Lever

Inside rotational lever - weight is 7.2#

Outside rotational lever - weight is 12.2#

Coin on Sledge

Nicks Anvil by tail

12" Spike V-Bar lift -

Plywood Lift -

Scale Weights the hard way

Broom Walk

Strap Hold Lift

Reverse Bend

Braced Bend

Reeves Lift

Here is the basics of the Medley - some things will not make it in and few not on here might but this is pretty close.

• Like 1

if doc is counting how is taht different than doc giving a press command after a pause?

if doc is counting how is taht different than doc giving a press command after a pause?

The difference is that I want Doc to count to 5 I guess. :)

Edited by climber511

I just visited Chris Riders Blog and watched him do a 15# hammer with a 39" handle and made it look real easy - I'd love to see what he could do on our event - strong guy!

I just visited Chris Riders Blog and watched him do a 15# hammer with a 39" handle and made it look real easy - I'd love to see what he could do on our event - strong guy!

how is the wrist roller lift attached? is it drilled through. I keep meaning to check it out and make one and I never remember to.

how is the wrist roller lift attached? is it drilled through. I keep meaning to check it out and make one and I never remember to.

Brent - I welded two washers to the pipe that keep the cable centered - one of them had a hole drilled in it and a steel cable through it with a swedged end on it. That way it rolls smoothly when placed on a bar set in a power rack (nothing sticks out inside the pipe) - which is the way I usually use it. In the Medley it will be a free standing DL like before though.

I think I under stand. I might try webbing with a hose clamp first, see how that holds up.

The 39" hammer would have made it seem just shy of a 19 lb hammer on a 31" handle, plus made it really awkward I would guess. Chris is definitely a strong guy. Not sure how much specific grip work he does though. From our correspondence he seems to focus solely on the feats of strength.

Please add your tee shirt size onto your entry form!

Chris,

Any idea of the weights you will be using on the loading Pin lifts, such as the Tips Tester and the Wrist Roller Lift?

Thanks,

Jedd

Chris,

Any idea of the weights you will be using on the loading Pin lifts, such as the Tips Tester and the Wrist Roller Lift?

Thanks,

Jedd

Last year the I think the tips tester and Napalms Nightmare were on the same pin at 285# - and the Wrist Roller lift was 160# - I imagine that for the Elite class - I will add 50 or 60# on all three for you guys this year .................................................... just kidding but I think they will be just a few pounds heavier than before as everyone got all three items without problems it seemed. I want to add just a little bit to all items for each class - something like Open class is base - lightweights are say -5% and Elite are plus 5% - or something like that depending on the lift of course - many things are fixed weight of course and can't be changed. I will be asking you and some others to bring a couple items for the medley if you will. Things like your huge Blob - Inch DBs - Grippers etc.

any idea on the weight for the reeves lift?

is the strap hold lift the gripper/strap lift?

sledge coin lift will be 8#?

what is the 2 3/8 long bar lift? is that a fatter axle?

any idea on the weight for the reeves lift?

is the strap hold lift the gripper/strap lift?

sledge coin lift will be 8#?

what is the 2 3/8 long bar lift? is that a fatter axle?

If the Reeves lift makes it in it will 305# - I don't think it will be included at this point

Strap Hold is the normal squeeze the gripper with the strap in the handles and and load the small weight on the strap to the bench

Sledge with coin is an 8#

Yes Brent it's just a 2 3/8" Axle for a two hand lift instead of a dumbbell. It's the same one we've done the last few years with the bumpers on it.

This is 2009 I think and shows pretty much what this year will look like with a few changes maybe

Edited by climber511

ah yes, the axle I can't sumo on because it's slightly too narrow. I was thinking that was 3". and the way it was written I thought maybe you had a new test lift of some sort.

Chris,

Thanks,

Jedd

Last year the I think the tips tester and Napalms Nightmare were on the same pin at 285# - and the Wrist Roller lift was 160# - I imagine that for the Elite class - I will add 50 or 60# on all three for you guys this year .................................................... just kidding but I think they will be just a few pounds heavier than before as everyone got all three items without problems it seemed. I want to add just a little bit to all items for each class - something like Open class is base - lightweights are say -5% and Elite are plus 5% - or something like that depending on the lift of course - many things are fixed weight of course and can't be changed. I will be asking you and some others to bring a couple items for the medley if you will. Things like your huge Blob - Inch DBs - Grippers etc.

I will bring whatever you ask me to tough guy. Adam might be bringing me my inch back, but that one is significantly harder than what I have here.

I just put a picture of the Hercules Hold up in my gallery

how will we run the medley with the frame there? it'll be more crowded than usual.

how will we run the medley with the frame there? it'll be more crowded than usual.

It will have to be taken apart and outside then put together again. But it only takes a few minutes to put it back together no more than has to come apart. If it is a real nice day - maybe have it outside but I doubt that will happen. I have to set it up for the longest arm span (Andrew I figure) then I have short loops to change it for shorter spans.

Sponsors

Chris Rice

Farmstrength

Goodman Steel

Andrew Durniant

Todd Coenen

Bob Lipinski

Adam Glass

Mike Rinderle

Benders Battlefield

The Diesel Crew

IronMind / Randall Strossen

The judging and setup will go a long way to determine how much weight will be lifted. I don't think 60 is out of the question. One handed doesn't really tell the whole story, just like DB bench won't tell you exactly how much somebody does with a barbell.