Metroplex Mayhem At Metroflex 3

Paul Knight

Congrats Paul! Seth! And Sherrie! Awesome,cant wait for the numbers.

Parris

Congrats Paul! Seth! And Sherrie! Awesome,cant wait for the numbers.

Parris

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• Sher

• barbe705

• mightyjoe

it was wicked fun. GREAT group of competitors, the medley was a blast. Paul closed two #4s, a 192 (opener) and a 197 (second attempt).

I saw a lot of strong lifting today. Ross's first time with a euro resulted in a 232 pinch, and he got 242 off the ground maybe two or three inches.

i will be back for #4 next year.

I got home at 3:30 am from Paul's party...any comp reports from me will have to wait until later. Much later. :blink:)

my medley run video ...

wound up with 34 of the 39 items

That was a killer run! Were those dual 3 25's you did late in the medley? (WOW!)

That was a killer run! Were those dual 3 25's you did late in the medley? (WOW!)

Thanks Josh, yes that was a double 3x25's lift ... I would've tried them much sooner but I forgot about them ... didn't think I would land the lift as a result, but got lucky.

I have the score sheet in three different formats ready to post, but not sure how to do that ... any help would be appreciated, I have it in .xls, .pdf and ,jpg

my medley run video ...

wound up with 34 of the 39 items

Paul, that was awesome!! The double 3 25's near the end was nasty and I like how you got that last pinch block as time ran out. Awesome!

What is handles in video 0.52, 1.07 and 1.11 time? And what weight?

Where you can read the full list of items Medley?

The 2hp list has been changed to reflect this comp. 4 names added and one moved up. good work to all.

What is handles in video 0.52, 1.07 and 1.11 time? And what weight?

Where you can read the full list of items Medley?

Medley items:

1. 25lb chrome dumbell half by the face

2. 25lb Blob

3. 40lb Blob

4. 42.5lb Blob

5. 45lb Blob

6. 47.5lb Blob

7. 50lb Legacy Blob

8. Blob50

9. 50lb York Fatman Blob

10. & 11. 2x50lb York Blobs (Double lift)

12. Ironmind Red Nail

13. 60lb hub lift

14. 45lb hub

15. 25lb hub

16. 15lb hub on Ironmind Hub

17. 100lb 1" v-bar

18. 225lb 2" v-bar

19. 275lb 2" v-bar

20. half of a 100lb hex

21. 2 hand 100lb hex dumbbell from the top

22. half of a 120lb hex

23. Fatman clone

24. 15kg kettle bell from the bottom

25. Metroflex inch

26. 80lb globe dumbbell

27. Railroad track

28. & 29. 2 x inch dumbbells (double lift)

30. 200lb Ironmind Rolling Thunder

31. 150lb 2.5" Crusher

32. 65lb 2 3/4" revolving handle

33. 2 x 25's plate pinch

34. 2 x 35's plate pinch

35. 2 x 45's plate pinch

36. 75lb wooden pinch block lift

37. 15lb Ironmind pinch block lift

38. & 39. 2 sets of 3 x 25's plate pinch (double lift)

5 minute time limit

The 2hp list has been changed to reflect this comp. 4 names added and one moved up. good work to all.

Thanks Brent ... that was fast!

We had a photographer at the contest who took somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 to 1000 pictures ... at the beginning of the axle event I asked him how many pictures he had shot so far and he said ~550 ... He gave me a web address which will be housing all the pics when he gets them up ... I'll post the link when he tells me they are uploaded.

I like the idea of having somebody go around and mark all the items as they are lifted. that would eliminate scoring mistakes and make it easier for the competitor to know what they still need to do. very good idea.

Congrats to everyone! Great work guys and Sherrie. Closing two #4s in a single contest - badass!:mosher

Thanks Ben ... yes my first close was a #191 number 4 that Aaron mailed me (191 on Eric's calibrator) I've closed it 3 or 4 times before and it felt super easy yesterday compared to the other times I shut it. My next close was Chad Woodall's #4 that Steve Gardner shut at the Woodall comp in GA (I bought it from Chad), but we re-calibrated it and got #198 (which Steve got credit on it @ #205) Then I went for an MM7 dup that hit #202 on Eric Calibrator which I missed and almost passed out on. Passed on my fourth attempt

Hand made or manufacturing? Please photo.

I won it in a contest ... it was made by "Madass" here on the Gripboard ... it's still at the gym right now, so I'll try to get you a photo later

Hand made or manufacturing? Please photo.

I won it in a contest ... it was made by "Madass" here on the Gripboard ... it's still at the gym right now, so I'll try to get you a photo later

Thanks Paul.

I like the idea of having somebody go around and mark all the items as they are lifted. that would eliminate scoring mistakes and make it easier for the competitor to know what they still need to do. very good idea.

yeah, we were all scatter-brained by the time we got to the Medley, so this was the only way we could've kept track of everything. Eric had the idea. Worked great

My medley run.

Edited by SSGGLASS

My medley run.

Awesome! ... I'm glad you got that on video! ... I think you landed 30 if I remember correctly. That Red nail looked super easy ... and you did that 275lb 2" v-bar left handed!

It was awesome meeting you Adam., this was an intense contest. You, Myself, Ross and Ryan were all neck and neck the whole comp ... no room for mistakes in this one. You were every bit as strong as I thought you were and some. Great job!

Congrats to everyone! Great work guys and Sherrie. Closing two #4s in a single contest - badass!:mosher

Thanks Ben ... yes my first close was a #191 number 4 that Aaron mailed me (191 on Eric's calibrator) I've closed it 3 or 4 times before and it felt super easy yesterday compared to the other times I shut it. My next close was Chad Woodall's #4 that Steve Gardner shut at the Woodall comp in GA (I bought it from Chad), but we re-calibrated it and got #198 (which Steve got credit on it @ #205) Then I went for an MM7 dup that hit #202 on Eric Calibrator which I missed and almost passed out on. Passed on my fourth attempt

Damn, serious crush there.

I highly doubt that massive #4 got 7 lbs easier over the span of 18 months. Must be differences in the calibration processes. Who originally calibrated that gripper at 205?

Jedd

Damn, serious crush there.

I highly doubt that massive #4 got 7 lbs easier over the span of 18 months. Must be differences in the calibration processes. Who originally calibrated that gripper at 205?

Jedd

When I got the gripper in the mail from Chad we calibrated it right away and that is what it hit (#198) it hasn't been used much since obviously .. not a rep gripper, lol. Defenite differences in calibration devices. I've noticed this for a long time now ... all of Eric's numbers seem to be lower than everyone elses. Mayve Chad can chime in and tell us who cal'ed it