• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• Sher

• barbe705

• mightyjoe

Well I strained my right thumb Sat on a hex weight ... So I'll just be happy with a pinch PR for the comp. Dammit!

Jay Moore - paid

Well I strained my right thumb Sat on a hex weight ... So I'll just be happy with a pinch PR for the comp. Dammit!

Jay Moore - paid

Heal fast Paul! I just hit some great numbers yesterday. I need you in top form for the contest :mosher :mosher :mosher

Jay Moore - paid

contrast baths and massage. get the blood in there and it will heal up faster. hopefully it's just a muscle issue and not a tendon.

maybe you were afraid that since you put it all on the line with me you should have an excuse to fall back on....

I find that with the wide hex's I have issue in my index finger even when I leave it off. stay away from the wide stuff until the comp.

Jay Moore - paid

Paul, circulation assault brother.

Massage, Hot Water, Been Gay, Rubber Band Extensions, Gloves at Night, Arthritis Gloves.

Good as new by contest time.

Had a crappy last workout before the contest today ... wuz down on grippers and pinch. I pulled #202 on the pinch which didn't feel as easy as it has been lately, but I jumped to #226 anyways and missed it which tore my left thumb webbing. The Euro didn't feel as grippy today though, so I'm just gonna blame it on that. Anywho, I'm taking a week off of all gym work until the comp, so hopefully that will give me the break I need ... I've probably been over training for the last couple of months.

maybe you were afraid that since you put it all on the line with me you should have an excuse to fall back on....

nice Brent .... hopefully your trash talk will give me that extra boost to get that #231, haha

Paul, do you know if Rendy still having the strongman comp Saturday too?

nice Brent .... hopefully your trash talk will give me that extra boost to get that #231, haha

I'm sure with that week off you feel like a new man when it gets to the day. I would think about a jump in between 200 and 226 even if it's only a warmup. It might only be a couple of pounds but it's a huge leap.

Paul, do you know if Rendy still having the strongman comp Saturday too?

I haven't heard anything else about it since Rendy mentioned it to me ... I'll try to find out for you

Paul, do you know if Rendy (is) still having the strongman comp Saturday too?

I haven't heard anything else about it since Rendy mentioned it to me ... I'll try to find out for you

No worries - just wondered if you'd heard. :)

Reminder: Try to be at the gym by 10am ... we are going to draw numbers to see the order in which we compete and then the warmups begin ... I want the first lift to start at 11am sharp. Thanks

Wishing you all many PRs at the contest!:mosher

I second that. Looking forward to the results of this one.

Thanks Ben/Tim

A guy named Ross Love just emailed me wanting to compete ... he says he's pulled 477 on the axle :blink ... he will be coming in from Houston to compete. There is gonna be some serious competition at this one!

Thanks Ben/Tim

A guy named Ross Love just emailed me wanting to compete ... he says he's pulled 477 on the axle :blink ... he will be coming in from Houston to compete. There is gonna be some serious competition at this one!

Paul,

If you'll remember Ross Love is the guy that was casually walking through

our Grip Challenge at Ronnie Coleman Classic and grabbed the Inch DB and lifted

it to full deadlift like it was a toy. Ross is a Strongman competitor.

All I can say is if Ross enters everything will change. SERIOUS HAND STRENGTH!!! He will will make a name for himself for sure in the grip community. I hope he

shows.

Edited by Mighty Joe

Thanks Ben/Tim

Paul,

All I can say is if Ross enters everything will change. SERIOUS HAND STRENGTH!!! He will will make a name for himself for sure in the grip community. I hope he

shows.

I read on the IM forum that he has 9.5" hands as well. that might help a little.

Thanks Ben/Tim

Paul,

shows.

I read on the IM forum that he has 9.5" hands as well. that might help a little.

Sonds like quite a contest...can't wait to read results from this one :mosher

Thanks Ben/Tim

Paul,

shows.

This may be true but his hands didn't look that large to me.

I would have to measure them to be sure. I'm known to drag out a tape measure

at moments unexpected. LOL!!!

I hate to say it but I find that hard to believe too, but if he does then he must be a natural at grip and thick bar

Rico

Reminder: Try to be at the gym by 10am ... we are going to draw numbers to see the order in which we compete and then the warmups begin ... I want the first lift to start at 11am sharp. Thanks

Being there at 10:00 am is no problem but be sure and have Rendy turn the

heater on this year.

Many people complained last year about the frigid temps in his gym. Everyone

walking around with cold hands and cores is not good for competition and the

potential for injury is greater not to mention it limits competitors potential

for best possible performance.

One last thing Paul, what's the address at the gym so I can

dial it in on my GPS?

Thanks!!!

Being there at 10:00 am is no problem but be sure and have Rendy turn the

heater on this year.

Many people complained last year about the frigid temps in his gym. Everyone

walking around with cold hands and cores is not good for competition and the

potential for injury is greater not to mention it limits competitors potential

for best possible performance.

This year won't be nearly as bad just because the outside temps will be much warmer. It was in the 20's here for last year's comp - tomorrow will be in the upper 40's.

Hey guys, what results? :rolleyes

I just got home at 8pm (think we finished around 7pm?). Still have the after-party to go, so don't expect too much reporting until tomorrow I'd guess. lol

Quick teaser: there were 21 competitors, Ross Love does have big hands to go with impressive strength and there was an abundance of facial hair in the top 5... :shifty

Hey guys, what results? :rolleyes

I just got home at 8pm (think we finished around 7pm?). Still have the after-party to go, so don't expect too much reporting until tomorrow I'd guess. lol

Quick teaser: there were 21 competitors, Ross Love does have big hands to go with impressive strength and there was an abundance of facial hair in the top 5... :shifty

hurry up and get over here Sherrie!

Quick placing ... I'll try to figure how to convert an .xls to pdf so I can post the spreadsheet later.

Pro:

1st - Paul Knight

2nd - Ross Love

3rd - Adam Glass

4th - Ryan Johnson

5th - Eric Milfeld

Open:

1st - Seth Johnson

2nd - Bob Brannan

3rd - Mike Gile

4th - Alex Graves

5th - Jeff Engles