225x20

These were high bar, shoulder width stance NOT PL squats

Pullovers-25 lb. plate

1x20

DB Bench

50x8

60x8

70x8

This was supposed to be DB Incline but found out my bench is jammed and won't adjust so I'll have to dig my other adjustable bench out of storage.

Deadlift

135x5

225x5

315x4-my low back was already smoked from the squats

I ran out of time for barbell rows and Shoulder Shocker so I will do them when I get home from work. This was a pretty easy workout so I can acclimate myself to working out again since it's been a while since I've been consistent. My low back was smoked from the 20 rep squats and it really took a toll on deads today.

Now that WSH is over and I have no more excuses, Project MiniMalice is starting today. I've cleaned the diet back up and it's time to drop the bf% back down to 12-15% then start Project Big Swole. The eventual goal is to be somewhere around 220ish and around 12% bf.

Go man go! I need to do the same but I would settle for 50% BF.

I went to Play It Again Sports today and picked some 10's for a 5x10's plate pinch. One of them sucks but I still got the lift with both hands.

10/15/11

2hp

50x10 secs.

100x10 secs.

120x5 secs.

140x3

152.5x2

162.5x1

167.5x hop

140x1

1hp

2x15kg/33 lbs. x1-got it on video

2x35's x1

Had to cut off the workout early today because of family night so I'll do more tomorrow if my hands feel ok. I know I've already done 2x35's and these 2x33's are lighter but they are smoother and about 1/2" wider than the 35's so it works out.

My wife and I like to watch Bob Ross and she ran across this picture of him...

293435_295392670473720_100000089680148_1305528_2041133513_n.jpg

I see the wife is letting you train in the living room. Great pinching man. Its cute how your daughter cheers you on. I'm still waiting on my smooth 25's. This company is pissing me off lol.

10/16/11

Wide Pinch

5x10's +weight

x1

+2.5x1

+5x1

+7.5x1

+10x1

6x10's

x 0-hopped it twice each hand

5x10's pinned to same width as 6x10's

x2

+2.5 right, hop left

I stopped here because I did something to my right arm and it really hurts right now. If feels like the tendon tricep so I took an anti inflammatory and will see how it feels tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a cramp or something like that.

Anyway, I feel real good about this workout. I easily got +10 on the 5x10's but then realized that since it's not as wide the carryover might not be that much so I decided to pin the 5x10's with a 5 lb. spacer plate in the middle so the stack would be about the same width as 6x10's. At that width I got a total of 57.5 lbs. and that's a better start than I was expecting. I'll leave these plates pinned and work that width +weight from now on.

I was at my buddy Dave's house earlier and he has a pair of York 45's that measure 2.5" wide so that was cool. They don't fit together perfectly but I rotated them until I found a spot where they felt pretty solid so I think these will be the plates I try when I'm ready for the 2x45's pinch.

My right arm doesn't hurt as much as it did last night but I still get a twinge when I move it in certain positions. So much for getting back on my lifting program today. Oh, well I'll rest it and hope for the best for next week. It's a good thing I took myself out of the rotation for MM2 cuz there's NO WAY I could close grippers righty right now.

It looks like I was full of it cuz I tried grippers today and it didn't affect my right arm at all so I did a gripper workout at work.

10/17/11

Grippers (20mm block set)

Warmup

Tx10

#1.5x10

#2x10

Atomgripz quad band

9x1 lefty-no closes but most real close

5x1 righty(20mm)-5 handle grinding closes, (1")-4x1-all (barely) closes

Stopped at 9 cuz my hands were getting raw from the heavy knurling.

IMTUG5(ring/pinkie)

5x1-all closes righty, 4 closes lefty

Powerball

30 seconds both directions and both hands

Good to hear you are grinding the quad band! :rock The knurling is super heavy (cheese grater) which is good for closing and bad for reps for sure. The 1 and 2 band have lighter knurling which is nice for working out.

Tim is getting my 5 band this week. 205# FN crazy, it feels like a joke gripper. I bet he will close it.

I like watching Bob Ross too. His voice is awesome to listen too. I even watched him as a kid in the 80s.

There is some funny youtube videos about him.

I was bored a little while ago so decided to get an MMS close of Rich's 169 lb. GNC300 on video. I really need to get used to adjusting my set for the smaller handles.

Very nice! That gripper is very hard beyond the range plus it has crap knurling so it slips.

Do you ever take days off on grippers? :huh:

Very nice! That gripper is very hard beyond the range plus it has crap knurling so it slips.

Do you ever take days off on grippers? :huh:

Lol...I try to but when I'm close on a new one I always mess around trying to get stupid vids for proof.

Here's what I did today since it was basically a mini workout.

10/18/11

Grippers

Warmup

Tx10

#1.5x5

#2x1

GNC300 (MMS)

3x1-all closes righty, about 1/4" misses lefty. I only wanted to get a close on video but it took a few tries to get everything right.

10/19/11

Grippers

Warmup

Tx10

#1.5x5

#2x1

#3 (20mm block set reps)

I got 4 reps and my stupid pinkie slipped off so I stopped. The four reps were pretty easy too so this pisses me off. Every time I try to get a #3 reps video something stupid happens so I think I'll just stop trying for a while.

RT Wrist Curls

20x10

25x10

30x10-right wrist a bit sore

30x10-right wrist still sore

Axle Reverse Wrist Curls

35x10

55x10-right wrist pretty sore on these so lowered weight for remaining sets

45x10-wrist felt much better with the lower weight

45x10

My right wrist has been sore lately so I decided I really need to focus on strengthening them. I'm planning on doing different wrist exercises throughout the week to hit as many directions as possible. I'll keep the weight light until the right wrist stops hurting then start ramping it back up.

10/19/11

Grippers

Warmup

Tx10

#1.5x5

#2x1

#3 (20mm block set reps)

I got 4 reps and my stupid pinkie slipped off so I stopped. The four reps were pretty easy too so this pisses me off. Every time I try to get a #3 reps video something stupid happens so I think I'll just stop trying for a while.

RT Wrist Curls

20x10

25x10

30x10-right wrist a bit sore

30x10-right wrist still sore

Axle Reverse Wrist Curls

35x10

55x10-right wrist pretty sore on these so lowered weight for remaining sets

45x10-wrist felt much better with the lower weight

45x10

My right wrist has been sore lately so I decided I really need to focus on strengthening them. I'm planning on doing different wrist exercises throughout the week to hit as many directions as possible. I'll keep the weight light until the right wrist stops hurting then start ramping it back up.

Cool #3 block work and the overall workout

Checked out your blogspot site. Looks good! I am not a member so I don’t think I can comment there. Good luck on your goals. I hope I wasn’t being too much of a nag about the pull-ups.

I wont be texting back much until I get a real phone and a text plan. I have on old flip top phone now but me and the wife are planning to upgrade for Christmas. I will join the exciting new world then.

No worries on the pullups Rich. I am doing them but for the goals just wanted to get something for the big 3 lifts in power lifting and grip plus some bending.

I keep forgetting about the texting thing :oops

10/24/11

We got home from my wife's family reunion at about 2pm on Monday and I had to be at work at 4pm so I decided to take some grippers and my 6 dimes pinch trainer to work and try to get a decent workout in. I'm glad I did because I ended up setting PR's on both.

Grippers

Warm-up

Trainer x10

#1.5x10

#2x10

#2.5 (20mm block set) explosive singles with 2 second overcrush

5x1

IMTUG 5 (ring/pinkie)

5x1

Wide pinch (6 dimes training)

6 dimes trainer x2 both hands-full lifts both hands

+2.5 lbs. on finger side x2 both hands-full lifts both hands

+2.5 lbs. on thumb side x8 both hands-missed once lefty, all full lifts righty

6 dimes trainer (hand to hand transfer)

No weight added

Left, right, left, right

I've never tried this before with a wide pinch and I managed to go hand to hand twice before having to set it down. I'm pretty happy with this.

#2.5 (20mm block set) reps

17 reps-PR

This is up from 12 reps previously and was after a workout so fresh I might be able to get 20 which would put me half way to the goal of 40 reps with this thing.

Here's a picture of my 6 dimes pinch trainer. It's 5x10's with a 5 lb. plate sandwiched in the middle so it simulates the width of 6x10's but is light enough for me to lift. The side with the 5 lb. plate I put on my finger side so the most weight is on the thumb side which makes it a little tougher. It's held together with a 2" O. D. pipe and a couple of oly bar collars. Altogether, the setup with no weight added weighs a hair under 60 lbs. This picture has 2.5 lbs. added to the thumb side.

download.jpg

Since one of my goals on my 40th bday is a #4 MMS close on my 217 lb. #4 I decided to try it today even though my hands and right arm are sore from the workout yesterday. I gave my wife a 3/4" and 1" block to use as a gauge when I did the squeeze so I could put everything into it. I could only set it to about 1 1/4" or so and when I squeezed it she couldn't get the 3/4" block between the handles so it was somewhere below parallel. I don't know exactly how far though because I was about to black out and couldn't see it...lol

Wow nice squeze on the #4.

I can get my #4 to about 3 inches from being closed.