Entry Information For Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

I agree on all accounts buddy but I think Parris out out of everyone has a great chance of picking up the glob with those mitts and pinch. He's on a roll. Even if he doesn't get it in the first attempt it'll go by the end of the day for sure.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• barbe705

• The Chuck

• Shoggoth

Best of strength guys! Looking forward to the post-contest writeups.

Best of strength guys! Looking forward to the post-contest writeups.

^^

Good luck to all the other competitors!! See you guys in a bit!

PRs all around!

Good luck everybody.

Best wishes to all competitors!

I'm anxious to read all about the comp! :mosher

Glad to see Tommy is back.

Good luck everyone!!

Guest Bullitt

Here were the final placings:

Women:

Mary Ann McKeague

Melissa Rinderle

Boys:

Parris Janusek (first contest ever!)

Tommy Heslep

Mike Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Brent Barbe (started too high on vbar and the humidity got him)

Jason Steeves (1st contest ever!)

Chuck Carns

Bobby Goodfellow

Good time had by all (I hope).

Events:

Grippers: Tommy owned this. He closed a 184.9 gripper. Brent was second with 170.3. Bunch of us had 154.1. Brent forgot his grippers, which were to fill the 154 - 170 hole, so we had a big gap. I barely missed 170 3 times.

Melissa won this with an 84.35# COC#1 close.

2HP: Parris won this with 223.67. Tommy got 215.67 and Brent got 3rd with 210.97. I was very happy with 185.37 given my elbow. Chuck really did well here, and I think surprised himself by getting 175.75 lbs. Thanks to Chuck and Michelle for all their help yesterday and today.

Melissa and Mary Ann tied on this with 105.64.

300# axle for reps in 1 minute: Brent got 14, Parris 11, and I got 10 (that's a 9 rep improvement in 1 year)

150# axle for reps in 1 minute: Mary Ann with 16 & Melissa got 11.

1" FBBC V-bar: This killed Brent. It was getting really humid and suddenly the bar got really slick. He tried to come in at 327 but was not quite able to get it. Tommy and I tied with 302 lbs and Parris got 282. Jason Steeves, who came all the way from Alberta, Canada to compete did awesome here as well. Under not so perfect conditions, he pulled 272!

Women: Mary Ann pulled 202 lbs!!!! She got air with 227, but couldn't quite get it to 2". Melissa got a very nice 147 lbs.

Sledge Hammer: This was the Mike and Parris show. They tied with a 26.2 lb lift. Tommy came in 3rd with 22.6 lbs (and left a little on the table here). The new setup from Chris Rice was awesome. It was judged very strictly. No riding the rails, you had to pause at the bottom, and the elbow could not lift up. I was just happy to be able to do this. My elbow was killing me and got 17.7.

Mary Ann got 11 lbs!!!! and I think Melissa had given up by this point and got 5.9. :tongue The only injury of the day happened here. I didn't screw the collar on tight enough and when I lifted the sledge for Mary Ann, about 7 lbs of weights crashed down on the top of my mellon from 31" above me. Luckily I have a hard head. Hurt like a mudder. :trout

Everyone was pretty burnt by this point and we had reached the 6 hour mark, so we scrapped the medley. Congratulations to Parris and Mary Ann!

Thanks to all the sponsors:

Diesel Crew

FBBC

Death Grip

Chris Rice

Crossfit Balance

Can't wait for next year!

Great competition guys! It's been a blast and has given me a renewed fire to get serious again with all of the lifts. Thanks to all of the sponsers and my fellow competitors. You guys are awesome! Thanks as well to Mike and Melissa for putting me up and putting this stuff together.

Thanks again everyone, this trip's been great!

Great job everybody! Sounds like a humid bastard on that vbar! Sorry to hear that guys. I know how that is though from the times my garage gets really humid at inopportune times. Mike, you did very well with an injured elbow! Parris, I'm impressed as hell man on your first contest and a win over Tommy and everyone else! Tommy must have one of the highest over-bodyweight 2HP pulls on record with that performance. Course I don't know if he's 160lbs or much heavier since I don't keep track of him.

It was great to meet everyone.Lets do it again some time.I just wont wait "4" years.

Whoa, Parris! Amazing job AND a first comp! Congrats to Mary Ann - next time, Melissa!! Some great numbers at the CGC - congrats to everyone!

[Glad it wasn't any more than 7lbs, Mike! Ouch! wacko.gif ]

Guest Bullitt

It was great to meet everyone.Lets do it again some time.I just wont wait "4" years.

It was great meeting you Tommy. Now that we know how close we are, we will have to get together again soon! Great job today!

I would also like to say again, how much help Chuck and Michelle provided. Can't wait to see all the pictures from Michelle!

@ Sherrie: 7lbs, 1 at a time. It was less than pleasant. :cry The 5 pounder was the most fun.

Edited by Bullitt

I would also like to say again, how much help Chuck and Michelle provided. Can't wait to see all the pictures from Michelle!

@ Sherrie: 7lbs, 1 at a time. It was less than pleasant. crying.gif The 5 pounder was the most fun.

Surprised Michelle didn't join in the comp! ;)

No doubt - glad you didn't have major damage. Ow - a 5#er!

Great Job at all!!! Awesome job Parris(as he slid in under the radar and didn't think he would do very well). Great job guys!!

Great Job at all!!! Awesome job Parris(as he slid in under the radar and didn't think he would do very well). Great job guys!!

The ladies did awesome as well buddy :-) :tongue

Thanks to Mike & Goody for organizing the comp and everyone who helped out today to make it a great comp today. I was happy i did not come in last place in every event (but sledge) again. It was very well run, and not doing the medley did not seem to bother any of us.

Congrats to Parris for a first place in his firt comp (I told you you had nothing to worry about), and to Mary Ann.

And i'm also glad to see Tommy back into grip again. Hopefully your hooked.

Thanks Bullitt and Goody for putting on a great comp! What a great time we all had today. Thankyou for all the kind words as well from everyone. Today made all the hours I've spent in my basement for the last few years by myself pay off. I never thought I would even ever compete so I'm really happy things went well for me today. Thanks to MikeK for pep talking me when I was reconsidering this comp, your a good friend and training partner. Also thanks John Eaton for helping me be the best I can in grip. Thanks to the sponsers expecially Weldon for my 1st place prize, the custom built rotating 1" V-Bar.

Parris

Nice job everybody. Congrats to Parris. Tommy, way to come in 2nd after several years off. Mike, get healed up bro and you will be droppin' bombs. Brent, sounds like you got unlucky there bro. Better luck next time. Everybody did a fantastic job it seems! Mary Anne and Melissa - way to come in and hit it hard, ladies!

-Jedd-

Do you have the full results of the contest yet Mike? You'll probably put them up in the next few days. I want to print them off for my records.

Congrats to all! Sounds like it was a very fun competition.

Mike

Will you be posting all the pictures?

I swear every muscle in my body is sore today! What a workout.

Ill post some vids and I have a couple for Jason so he can post his.

I think I'm going to get back into my race to 550 deadlift and get back to heavy squatting as well, I've been slacking lately. I don't know about anyone else, but every single lift I did was a PR for me! Did anyone else hit PRs at the CGC?

Rico

Well after see'n the video of Jedd "The Road to the Record" I'm even more upset than I was yesterday.We were told we couldnt use chalk on the pinch app.It made no sense to me at all but I didnt say anything.In the video Jedd put chalk on the pinch app.At the other contests I have been at we put chalk on it.I dont get it.Everyone's #'s would have been higher. :help