Entry Information For Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I'm sending mine Tuesday. :yikes

Awesome Tommy!

Rico, Goody is handling the gym signups. I expect there to be 5-10 cross fitters who take part.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• barbe705

• The Chuck

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Here are the confirmed entries so far:

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Lindsey Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Parris Janusek

Tommy Heslep

Jason Steeves

Who else?

• 2 weeks later...

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Lindsey Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Parris Janusek

Tommy Heslep

Jason Steeves

Who else?

Have you gotten any more names in yet Mike?

Guest Bullitt

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Lindsey Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Parris Janusek

Tommy Heslep

Jason Steeves

Who else?

Have you gotten any more names in yet Mike?

Yep. Chuck Carns is in. Still working on Michelle. Goody says he expects about 5 - 10 from the crossfit camp. Apparently they have a huge regional crossfit comp that the top guys are going to that day. But a few peeps have told him they will be there. I think we will end up with 12-18 total, which will be a nice little comp.

You're out. That fake Canadian check you sent bounced. :tongue

Actually, the ATM wouldn't take it. Need to run it into the bank this weekend.

So we have:

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Lindsey Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Parris Janusek

Tommy Heslep

Jason Steeves

Chuck Axle Carns

Hahaha! Does that mean the teller that opened the machine couldn't figure out the exchange rate?

Guest Bullitt

Hahaha! Does that mean the teller that opened the machine couldn't figure out the exchange rate?

I just tried to deposit in the ATM and it wouldn't recognize it. Said get this frog Cannuck money da hell outta here, eh. :laugh

Edited by Bullitt

I just tried to deposit in the ATM and it wouldn't recognize it. Said get this frog Cannuck money da hell outta here, eh. :laugh

Hey, hey hey!! Frogs are the Quebecers which would be like saying you're some kind of Fresno hippie. We drill for oil, mine, cut down trees,grow crops and eat a lot of 4 legged critters over here in Alberta.:laugh

Yeah, yeah, I'll be there :) And from the looks of that list and how awful my pinch has been lately, Im gonna end up square in last place!

Guest Bullitt

Yeah, yeah, I'll be there :) And from the looks of that list and how awful my pinch has been lately, Im gonna end up square in last place!

Naw, I haven't pinched since Jedd's. Hell, I haven't done any grip work since Jedd's. Goody either. You need to get your damn form in cuzz.

Goody, what happened to you? I've been hammered with school lately myself, but I still get 1 or 2 workouts a week.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Goody, what happened to you? I've been hammered with school lately myself, but I still get 1 or 2 workouts a week.

Rico

Goody has been injured (back). So was I for two months (elbow). Now I spend all my time on squats, deadlifts, presses and bending. No time or desire for grip. I think I'll still do OK. You're the odds on favorite to win Parris. Everyone else is fighting for a distant 2nd place finish. Just don't let the pressure of being #1 get to you brother.

You still going to have 1" vbar as an event? I saw some posts back that you were taking votes and it looks like quite a few were voting for it to be gone. I think with your overall strength increases you'll be looking strong at the contest and hitting some very good performances despite not training grip in quite a while. Here's something to shoot for on the vbar. Dave Thornton and I both pulled 351 pounds on the FBBC 1" vbar at the 2006 Backyard Bastard Bash, after 5 previous events. You can do it too! And heavier. :mosher

Guest Bullitt

You still going to have 1" vbar as an event? I saw some posts back that you were taking votes and it looks like quite a few were voting for it to be gone. I think with your overall strength increases you'll be looking strong at the contest and hitting some very good performances despite not training grip in quite a while. Here's something to shoot for on the vbar. Dave Thornton and I both pulled 351 pounds on the FBBC 1" vbar at the 2006 Backyard Bastard Bash, after 5 previous events. You can do it too! And heavier. :mosher

Definitely still having 1" vbar Ben. Not sure about 351 at this point. Definitely want to do over 300. I think Barbe is going to be close to 400. Ended up not dropping any events. The only big change we made was to make the axle lift reps in a minute with 300 instead of max weight.

Rico

Goody has been injured (back). So was I for two months (elbow). Now I spend all my time on squats, deadlifts, presses and bending. No time or desire for grip. I think I'll still do OK. You're the odds on favorite to win Parris. Everyone else is fighting for a distant 2nd place finish. Just don't let the pressure of being #1 get to you brother.

Pressure, what pressure, I haven't done any training but one time in the last 6 weeks. School and kids are stripping me of everything I've worked for. And finals are on the 7th so hmm I wonder how much ill get to train till then.

Rico

Guys - I wouldn't count ole Tommy out - I've gone to head to head with him before - and came out on the short end of the stick!

Edited by climber511

Guest Bullitt

Guys - I wouldn't count ole Tommy out - I've gone to head to head with him before - and came out on the short end of the stick!

Yea, Tommy has to be the favorite coming in. I was just starting the gamesmanship early. :laugh

Yea, Tommy has to be the favorite coming in. I was just starting the gamesmanship early. :laugh

I keep forgetting that Tommy will be there. it'll be fun to see what he has after a lay off.

Brent,

400# on the 1vbar... you go bro!

Rico

Brent,

400# on the 1vbar... you go bro!

Rico

That would be very nice! Good luck with that.

Guest Bullitt

FYI: there is a possibility that we may have some TV coverage for some of the events. Make sure you all look your prettiest. :cool

I'm going to bring a couple 20lb sledge heads that I had up for trade if anyone is interested let me know. And perhaps a few other small items. Does anyone have anything they would like to get rid of?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

I have a few things I will be looking to trade or sell.

If everyone could bring any calibrated grippers they have, that would be a big help. We have a pretty good spread, but there are a few holes. Thanks.

what weight are you using for the women's axle?

email me about grippers and I can let you know what I have.

BRent

Guest Bullitt

BRent

150 on the women's axle.

Guest Bullitt

BRent

150 on the women's axle.

By the way, Melissa just did 5 reps on the 2" axle with 150. First time she has touched anything grip related since Gripmas. :mosher